Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A - Week 35 - Verona - Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
han2503
Less than an hour to go for those interested in watching...
Nova
What a horrible hour to play ...
X-Offender
LMAO, that's got to be the most insane penalty ever given.
X-Offender
And we lost. Practically to a Serie B side. Oh dear...
Fillipo Simone
This is great. Just what I wanted. Brocchi will soon prove to be inadequate and force us to look elsewhere. Since they don't have another rabbit alla Pippo or Brocchi to pull, I think we'll once again sign a real coach.

Mihajlović is a mediocre/average coach, but he was an improvement compared to all the amateurs we had around. Sure the likes of di Francesco or anyone else will be just the same if not better.

As to the match itself, appalling. No gameplan, mindless passing, terrible buildups, no connection. At moments the match resembled a veteran meeting or a classic match with old retired players playing for the first time together.
Nova
Wonderful idea to point Brocchi has our coach rolleyes.gif
Jack Sparrow
We should just hire Abbiati straight up. Spare him having to coach the primavera.

This team is all wrong. Montolivo is no captain. Donnarumma is the only sweet spot...and I just don't see the players showing any professionalism or responsibility.

This team needs to be stripped bare and built from around 7 core players.
Fillipo Simone
You know what - I think the core players are the problem. Yesterday, like too many times before, we didn't make as many mistakes or show as many inadequacies. No, we played simply without the needed grit and mentality.

So I think we have to stop changing the Antonelli's and Kucka's of the team, and change the core players like Montolivo. They sure have good moments, but I think their mentality is stained by the years under various less or more amateurish coaches and years of loosing. We need more players like Bacca, willing to win.
Jack Sparrow
I see what you mean. But by core players, I simply mean players who we feel fit the mould and show the desired grit and will act as a base onto which new players will come and behave.

For me at the moment, players who do show commitment and could stay on are the following:

Donarumma
Abate
Antonelli
Alex
Romagnoli
De Sciglio
Kucka
Honda
Bonaventura
Mauri

I'd keep one of Balotelli and Bacca. But in the end it's a tactical decision. I'm not kidding anymore when I say all the rest can be sold or replaced.

Now the incoming would have to be solid quality. This is where I feel we sorely lack a director of football, and a transfer manager. Galliani is a negotiation par excellence, but I don't think he knows who to get and for what reason.

Right now, Silvio is acting like our DoF and that's seriously biting us in the butt.

Think about it, at our most recent consistent peak we had the following:

DoF : Leonardo
Transfer Manager : Braida
Executives: Galliani and Gandini
Coach: Carlo Ancelotti

So then players could be recruited for a purpose and with a plan.

Right now all the load is split between Galliani and the coach and it's a mess.
Fillipo Simone
But keeping the mentioned players won't change much. I mean, what makes you believe that just by switching Montolivo everything will be better/changed? Because your keep list is basically our first XI minus Monto.
Fillipo Simone
HAVE YOU READ THE LATEST NEWS?

We might actually ask Mihajlović to come back. My God, this is beyond the wildest dreams.
Jack Sparrow
I read that this is completely off the table.
Fillipo Simone
Well, even the mere idea of something like that happening shows what a circus Milan has become.
Jack Sparrow
Nah..that's just the press.

So I'm curious to know what do you think is the way forward from here? Regardless of whether Berlusca sells or not, we still have a team to rebuild.
Fillipo Simone
Cutting ties with some players who might not be the worst in our roster, but are "contaminated". I would keep:

Donnarumma
Abate?
De Sciglio
Romagnoli
Alex
Bonaventura
Bacca

I'd also give some players like Mauri a last chance. And yes, we need a better team, meaning not just a coach but also a capable Director of Football and Transfer Manager. I agree with you on that.

But the main thing is aoverhaul in the midfield.
Jack Sparrow
That midfield is atrocious. True.

Btw tribalfootball is running a story from La Republica. Quotes Brocchi saying he is shocked that after the defeat he heard the players discussing what restaurant to book.

sleep.gif
X-Offender
That wouldn't surprise me.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 27 2016, 09:14 AM) *
Cutting ties with some players who might not be the worst in our roster, but are "contaminated". I would keep:

Donnarumma
Abate?
De Sciglio
Romagnoli
Alex
Bonaventura
Bacca

I'd also give some players like Mauri a last chance. And yes, we need a better team, meaning not just a coach but also a capable Director of Football and Transfer Manager. I agree with you on that.

But the main thing is aoverhaul in the midfield.

I agree on all the above, however I wouldn't put a question mark next to Abate, he's one of the few who's remained consistently good through and always gives his 110% to the team, he'd be first one my list of keeps
X-Offender
Bacca, Romagonli, Bonaventura and Donnarumma are the only ones who have performed decently this season.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.