Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A - Week 33 - Sampdoria - Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
han2503
Let's see what Brocchi can do that's so better than what Miha was managing to do with this bunch
Nova
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 16 2016, 07:43 PM) *
Let's see what Brocchi can do that's so better than what Miha was managing to do with this bunch

It's the "we're still a top club" delusion from the management. As if any coach would do much better. Firing Miha was the easy choice to fool us he was the problem.
When even a blind monkey can see our problem is mediocrity from top to bottom. We win some , we lose some and IF we ever get to play CL it's because the Serie A has become incredibly weak. Our CL dna has drained and what's left is a bunch of "we belong in Europe" delusional players when we clearly don't. And I may be arrogant in saying this but I have no interest in the Europa League whatsoever.
han2503
QUOTE (Nova @ Apr 17 2016, 12:48 PM) *
It's the "we're still a top club" delusion from the management. As if any coach would do much better. Firing Miha was the easy choice to fool us he was the problem.
When even a blind monkey can see our problem is mediocrity from top to bottom. We win some , we lose some and IF we ever get to play CL it's because the Serie A has become incredibly weak. Our CL dna has drained and what's left is a bunch of "we belong in Europe" delusional players when we clearly don't. And I may be arrogant in saying this but I have no interest in the Europa League whatsoever.

I wouldn't say that I'd be all that excited for the games, if we did make it that is. But at least we'd be in a European competition and not exhiled completely out of Europe like we have been the last few years. I think it would be an important step forward

And if this sale to the Chinese goes through, I've read that top priority would be strengthening the team, that's why they're pressing for completion before the transfer window opens.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Nova @ Apr 17 2016, 01:48 PM) *
And I may be arrogant in saying this but I have no interest in the Europa League whatsoever.

It's not arrogant. The EL is hardly prestigious to a club that's used to playing in (and winning) the CL. Not to mention that it's potentially 15 more games to play in, which could certainly have a negative effect on us making the CL. But, that's what the EL is designed for, to ensure those nearly-CL times can't break the status quo, because such a long tournament combined with the league schedule means it's unliekyl for them to steal a CL spot.
Fillipo Simone
Let's see what Brocchi's Milan will look like.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 17 2016, 05:48 PM) *
Let's see what Brocchi's Milan will look like.

Probably a big mess
Fillipo Simone
Let's see and wait. Don't know why you always have to assume the worst.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 17 2016, 07:05 PM) *
Let's see and wait. Don't know why you always have to assume the worst.

Not about assuming the worst but seeing the trend that has become the norm at Milan, switching the coach won't fix things, we might see a bit more of an energetic game as is usual when switching coaches during the season, but in the end nothing will have really changed, especially considering the coach has no experience to work off of
han2503
So lucky there, should be a goal down, that wasn't offside
han2503
Brocchi's Milan sort of reminds me of Brocchi himself back in the day; full of running without thought or aim
drucurl
OMG this match thread hasn't passed one page laugh.gif

Grazie Berlusconi 96.gif
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 17 2016, 04:57 PM) *
It's not arrogant. The EL is hardly prestigious to a club that's used to playing in (and winning) the CL. Not to mention that it's potentially 15 more games to play in, which could certainly have a negative effect on us making the CL. But, that's what the EL is designed for, to ensure those nearly-CL times can't break the status quo, because such a long tournament combined with the league schedule means it's unliekyl for them to steal a CL spot.

Yeah, I don't particularly care for EL either.
Forza Milan!
Travelling, so minimal access. How bad are we playing?
han2503
BACCA
han2503
QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Apr 17 2016, 09:06 PM) *
Travelling, so minimal access. How bad are we playing?

Just scored now, but nothing all that great, got a few lucky breaks, but also had a couple of really good chances as well
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 17 2016, 10:15 PM) *
Just scored now, but nothing all that great, got a few lucky breaks, but also had a couple of really good chances as well

Thanks. So Broach I has not magically transformed the team yet?
Nova
Really , It hurts to see this
Nova
Meh ... 3 points.
han2503
QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Apr 17 2016, 09:21 PM) *
Thanks. So Broach I has not magically transformed the team yet?

Nah, this is the obvious boost after changing coaches, what happens next week is up in the air.

Jack Sparrow
I honestly think the 4-3-1-2 is a dead formation. It works on having such a greatly talented core of players that will push through the centre. And we simply don't have that quality.

From yesterday's match, there are two main positives I took away:

1. Our fullbacks were far more attacking.
2. Balotelli was hustling a lot in the first half. In the second half, he reverted more to type, but Samp were just hacking at him to be fair.

Our motm was Kucka. And this is Milan's truth. As much as Berlusconi would like our attacking players to be the toast of the club, the truth is Kucka is right now our most effective and impactful player. I hate to admit it, but a cheap transfer of a no-name from Genoa is paying dividends now.

Brocchi certainly seems to have taken a small leaf off Carlo's book. Going out and hugging the players and showing a lot of emotion etc. etc.

I want him to work out but really not sure how it will end up.

Anyway, he has to do well in the next 4-5 matches. We shall probably lost the last two (Roma and Juve).
Fillipo Simone
Well, just like Han said, this is the first match. Seedorf was emotional too, Pippo managed a great performance. We'll see if the hugging and companionship maintains over the next couple of matches.

Milan played much like Brocchi played in his days. Hard working, trying to achieve more, but not exactly succeeding. I have to agree, the no-winger formation is simply not achievable with the selection of players we have in our roster. Problem is, a classic winger formation isn't also preferable.

I think it's good we picked up Brocchi now. If he really is smart and a good prospect, he'll pick up the needs of our team fast. He'll realize that we have to cut ties with players who simply can't be of much use in any of the possible formations (Honda, Adriano, etc) and bring in some of the needed players.
X-Offender
Let's not delude ourselves. Brocchi might turn out into the next Capello, or the next crappy unexperienced coach we hire, but the first game after less than a week of training shows NOTHING. We'll have to wait for next season to see if Brocchi's choice will pay dividends or not.

Didn't see the game. Actually, haven't seen a Milan game in quite a while. The only one I will watch will be the Coppa final, because at least it's a meaningful match, not a useless waste of time.
Jack Sparrow
I watched to see how the 4-3-1-2 would end up. And it sort of turned out exactly the way I thought it would. A confused hotch potch. But let's see.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Apr 19 2016, 10:57 AM) *
I watched to see how the 4-3-1-2 would end up. And it sort of turned out exactly the way I thought it would. A confused hotch potch. But let's see.

Of course it wouldn't work. We don't have the appropriate players. As a matter of fact, we don't have the right players for any kind of formation. 4-3-1-2, no trequartista. 4-3-3, no wingers bar an out of shape Menez. 4-4-2, no right winger. 4-2-3-1, still no wingers nor a trequartista. This team has been built up without a project, as it's been happening for a long time now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.