Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gigio Donnarumma
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Players
Fillipo Simone
All Donnarumma talk here.

What's your verdict on him so far guys?

I'm a bit puzzled. Very curiously, I think he hasn't really faced the test yet. Our defense started working excellent in the past few weeks. He's done some very nice saves, but also showed on some occasions he's probably (too) green.
han2503
I'm personally not convinced at all. He's got terrific reactions, especially for someone who looks to be so awkwardly tall.

But his decision making in terms of controlling his area is unbelievably bad. His decisions on when to play out the ball and when to just punt it down field is also a huge cause for worry

And I'm also starting to notice that he tends to parry the ball right into the centre of the area. When it is goalkeeping basics that no matter what you need to try to parry around the posts, especially when making the save with your hands so you can control the situation better. And he simply fails to do this
X-Offender
He's 16.
Jack Sparrow
I like this kid. Has a cool head. Has no problems yelling at his defence. But I hope like De Sciglio he doesn't have second season syndrome.
han2503
Bumped
d'Arc.LP
Donnarumma is the first player in Serie A history to save a penalty as a minor (17 years old).
[MilanNews]
X-Offender
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Aug 22 2016, 04:39 PM) *
Donnarumma is the first player in Serie A history to save a penalty as a minor (17 years old).
[MilanNews]

And what a save it was!
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 22 2016, 06:49 PM) *
And what a save it was!

I believe it was very important and will influence teams moral.
Fillipo Simone
Certainly.
han2503
I'm glad I was wrong about him last season, but there are still things that worry me about Donna. On the ball he gets a bit panicky so I don't understand why he even attempts some of the passes he does, I get that Montella probably wan't them to play out from the back, but sometimes a simple punt upwards just clears the danger and allows the team to regroup.

Also, he should tone down all the dramatic jumps for no reason because that could get him in trouble.

Aside from that I think he'll be a great keeper in the future. And that save on Sunday might be just what we needed to jump-start our season
Fillipo Simone
I don't get what we're doing with our keepers though. Gabriel is bound for Torino while Lopez could leave as well. That leaves us with Donna and the other kid keepers. Is that how it's gonna really end up?
Jack Sparrow
Only one of them will leave. Either Lopez or Gabriel. Problem is they both want to go. Lazzari will stay apparently.
Fillipo Simone
Who is Lazzari? I don't know, spending a season with Gabriel, Donna and no-name keepers isn't very reassuring either. This isn't the 1940's.
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 23 2016, 05:23 PM) *
Who is Lazzari? I don't know, spending a season with Gabriel, Donna and no-name keepers isn't very reassuring either. This isn't the 1940's.

Sorry. His name is Plizzari. Primavera GK who was taken around for our pre-season. If it's a third keeper role, I suppose he will do. I remember only one instance in the last 10-15 years of Milan playing, where we were forced to start the third Gk consistently. Was it Valerio Fiori?
Fillipo Simone
No, Fiori played rarely. But Abbiati, Dida, Kalač, Storari, Amelia, Gabriel all got their fair share of play.

The situation is different now. Back then we had two rock-solid subs as 2nd or 3rd option: from Fiori to Roma and Amelia. Nowadays, with Lopez almost gone, we have three rookie keepers which could be more then ugly.
X-Offender
I have faith in Donna. But Gabriel is very poor from his previous displays with us. Don't know if he has improved since then.
Fillipo Simone
I also have faith, but I'd rather we have a experienced backup. Starting the season with 3 rookie goalies is unprecedented.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.