Milan: LWL
Inter: WWW
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 8 2015, 10:10 AM) *
Seria A Form Guide:

Milan: LWL
Inter: WWW

We'll see Danny.

You're too pessimistic. I think we'll do well against Inter. Call it a hunch or blind optimism.
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 8 2015, 11:01 AM) *
We'll see Danny.

You're too pessimistic. I think we'll do well against Inter. Call it a hunch or blind optimism.

I say blind optimism. And yes I am. When I look at what Rangers have done with an entire summer budget of £800,000, rebuilt the team from scratch and are currently 9 wins from 9 with 35 goals and 5 conceded, with some of the best football I've seen (it matches Barcelona for quality, and I'm not even kidding) at Ibrox, then compare it with the utter mess Milan currently are with a budget over 100x what Rangers had, well, enough said really.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 8 2015, 11:12 AM) *
I say blind optimism. And yes I am. When I look at what Rangers have done with an entire summer budget of £800,000, rebuilt the team from scratch and are currently 9 wins from 9 with 35 goals and 5 conceded, with some of the best football I've seen (it matches Barcelona for quality, and I'm not even kidding) at Ibrox, then compare it with the utter mess Milan currently are with a budget over 100x what Rangers had, well, enough said really.

I don't think you can compare the 2 situations though. Even though Serie A is far from at its best, it's still a very competitive league, and when you're not at your best you'll suffer.

True, with the money Galliani spent we should have a team capable of challenging Juve, but we have a team that we're just hoping will get us into the EL. That's the result of mismanagement from Galliani, but it's not something new we have to contend with, he's been doing this for over a decade now.

Still, I think now it all depends on how Miha sets the team up. I've been whining about creative mids for yeas, and it doesn't look like Galliani even understands how much they're needed, but things are what they are. Miha needs to play his best 11 possible and stick with it as much as he can so we can start to build some cohesiveness. Also, he should stop trying to please Silvio by going for a possession style of football when we don't have the players for it. We need to go for a more direct route.
Danny
We don't have a best XI. We just have a least bad one.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 8 2015, 01:19 PM) *
We don't have a best XI. We just have a least bad one.

Okay, Mr. Glass Half Empty

Call it what you want, but Miha should choose it and stick with it as much as possible. We haven't played with a proper 11 that was more or less fixed since Allegri's 2nd season now, and even then we were so plagued by injuries that we couldn't really get things going with any sort of consistency
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 8 2015, 01:35 PM) *
Okay, Mr. Glass Half Empty

Call it what you want, but Miha should choose it and stick with it as much as possible. We haven't played with a proper 11 that was more or less fixed since Allegri's 2nd season now, and even then we were so plagued by injuries that we couldn't really get things going with any sort of consistency

My glass isn't half empty. It's shattered on a table dripping onto the nice carpet below it.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 8 2015, 01:47 PM) *
My glass isn't half empty. It's shattered on a table dripping onto the nice carpet below it.

You should have added this dramaqueensmil.gif to that post, it would have been fitting biggrin.gif
han2503
Bertolacci has been ruled out for 3 weeks, and will miss the games against Inter and Palermo. [GdS]
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 8 2015, 03:25 PM) *
Bertolacci has been ruled out for 3 weeks, and will miss the games against Inter and Palermo. [GdS]

One problem gone then. Heard he'd gone off v Malta.
X-Offender
Inter probable line-up: Handanovic; Santon, Murillo, Miranda, Telles; Melo, Brozovic, Kondogbia; Jovetic, Perisic, Icardi.

Milan probable line-up: Lopez; Abate, Zapata, Romagnoli, De Sciglio; De Jong, Poli, Kucka; Bonaventura; Bacca, Adriano.

Source: Mediaset
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 8 2015, 03:27 PM) *
One problem gone then. Heard he'd gone off v Malta.

You can thank my people for that.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 8 2015, 03:54 PM) *
Inter probable line-up: Handanovic; Santon, Murillo, Miranda, Telles; Melo, Brozovic, Kondogbia; Jovetic, Perisic, Icardi.

Milan probable line-up: Lopez; Abate, Zapata, Romagnoli, De Sciglio; De Jong, Poli, Kucka; Bonaventura; Bacca, Adriano.

Zapata and Romagnoli together again... Did he not watch the Empoli game?? Is something still wrong with Mexes?

And that midfield is appalling. Jam packed with mindless runners
X-Offender
Alright, I admit, I put Zapata there myself cos there have been no indications so far about who will play alongside Romagnoli.

But yeah, the midfield is absolutely appalling.
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 8 2015, 05:54 PM) *

Id change much but we have no decent players, so the only player that Id change is Balotelli with Adriano. Let Kucka prove himself. Id be between choosing him and Montolivo.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 8 2015, 06:11 PM) *
Alright, I admit, I put Zapata there myself cos there have been no indications so far about who will play alongside Romagnoli.

I suggested De Jong, Bona and Poli in midfield - it's, IMO, the best we have. Or least bad. This is pretty close to that.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 8 2015, 06:11 PM) *

Nah, then Alex is the better option if it comes down to one of the 2. Zapata can't be the default designated leader, he simply is not cut out for it and that's what he'll end up being next to Romagnoli. If Mexes is not fit than Alex has to take his place, even if he's not at his best either, it's better than throwing Zapata and Romagnoli in there together, that's just asking for it

If Miha has completely shunned Monto then he needs to find another solution. Playing Nocerino, Kucka or Poli is certainly not it.

To not play Monto and put in any of those 3 ahead is just being petty if you ask me and you're letting your personal issues cloud your judgement and be a problem for the club.

Also, I really do think that we should at the very least explore the possibility of trying Honda in the midfield 3. I think he'd be better there than in the AM position where all his major flaws are exposed

QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 8 2015, 08:30 PM) *
I suggested De Jong, Bona and Poli in midfield - it's, IMO, the best we have. Or least bad. This is pretty close to that.

If you choose those 3, then who would you play behind the strikers?

For me, Bona has to play there atm, there's really no other option aside from Balo or Hona. Balo would be defensive suicide there for us and Honda has proven that he's not good enough in tight spaces and doesn't have the pace to really make any sort of impact.

Also, Poli shouldn't be an option as a starter imo, he wastes so much energy running around like a headless chicken that he gets burned out within 30 minutes. I'm actually surprised you would suggest him starting since you were the first one here who probably pointed this out about him.

For me, best midfield 4 we can go with would be

Monto--De Jong--Kucka
Bona
X-Offender
Mediaset now confirm Zapata in defense. biggrin.gif
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 9 2015, 09:36 AM) *
Mediaset now confirm Zapata in defense. biggrin.gif

king.gif
X-Offender
It's between him and Ely. Mexes also started regularly training today.
Danny
Or it's Ely & Zaps. As opposed to 'between'.

If Zaps is chosen before Mexes or Alex it probably confirms the latter are both out of favour under Miha.
milanbuf88
QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 9 2015, 08:03 AM) *

If Zaps is chosen before Mexes or Alex it probably confirms the latter are both out of favour under Miha.

Not if Mexes just started training regularly. Miha could hold him out as a precaution. He's no spring chicken.
Danny
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Sep 9 2015, 12:49 PM) *
Not if Mexes just started training regularly. Miha could hold him out as a precaution. He's no spring chicken.

True; in that case he won't/shouldn't get called up at all. If he gets called up but doesn't play nor feature on the bench, that's arguably damning.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 9 2015, 12:03 PM) *

If Mexes returned today then that explains it. I personally do not think it's a good idea to go for both Zapata and Romagnoli together. And I don't believe for 1 second that Ely is even being considered for this one. I would like to think that Miha is not nuts.

This Zapata-Romagn pairing is very worrying for me, they could barely handle playing Empoli, Zapata making 2 glaring errors (1 on the goal) and Romagnoli also having a couple of iffy moments for me. I think that's just asking for it. At least play Alex to have a bit more leadership in there instead of the blind leading the blind.

Inter have thrown away all their creative mids, but their attacking line is very impressive. I really can't see Zapata and Romagnoli handling them all that well.

QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 9 2015, 03:26 PM) *
True; in that case he won't/shouldn't get called up at all. If he gets called up but doesn't play nor feature on the bench, that's arguably damning.

Why would that be?

Mexes will be called up, playing or not has no bearing on Miha's intentions. He'll most likely won't be completely fit, but Miha will include him so that if we find ourselves with our backs to the wall Mexes can be on hand to come on. I don't think he'll risk playing him otherwise. And as long as Zapata and Romagnoli hold on, I don't think he'll be changing personnel at the back for the hell of it
X-Offender
Han is making Zapata worse than Acerbi. I guess now that Muntari is gone he has to pick someone else to constantly whine about.
Danny
Poor Zaps sad.gif
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 9 2015, 03:40 PM) *
Han is making Zapata worse than Acerbi. I guess now that Muntari is gone he has to pick someone else to constantly whine about.

Nah, I actually couldn't stand Muntari.

Like I said, I'm okay with Zapata or Romagnoli, but Alex should be playing instead of either one of them.

Zapata has issues, it's not that I don't like him, he just gives me an ulcer constantly worrying about when he'll pass straight at the opposition.

Also, who do you think was at fault for Saponara's goal last Saturday? Because for me that was Zapata all the way
han2503
Also, may I just say, that I consistantly praise Zapata for that spell he had next to Mexes about 2 years ago. But again, it falls back to him having someone who can be a reference point for him. When he's the one who has to take the reigns it becomes a mess, we saw this when he played next to Rami last season and the shambles that turned into and we saw hints of this against Empoli as well
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 9 2015, 03:44 PM) *
Nah, I actually couldn't stand Muntari.

Like I said, I'm okay with Zapata or Romagnoli, but Alex should be playing instead of either one of them.

Zapata has issues, it's not that I don't like him, he just gives me an ulcer constantly worrying about when he'll pass straight at the opposition.

Also, who do you think was at fault for Saponara's goal last Saturday? Because for me that was Zapata all the way

How was it Zapata's fault? He was right on his man, but Maccarone did a fantastic thing with that back-heel pass. If anyone was at fault there, it was the person who should have been marking Saponara. De Jong and especially Bertolacci let him run freely.

I guess Zapata would feel more at ease with a more central figure like Alex or Mexes next to him. But Romagnoli is going to play, and between the four remaining CBs we have, Zapata is the one I trust the most, since Mexes has been injured all this time.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 9 2015, 04:09 PM) *
How was it Zapata's fault? He was right on his man, but Maccarone did a fantastic thing with that back-heel pass. If anyone was at fault there, it was the person who should have been marking Saponara. De Jong and especially Bertolacci let him run freely.

I guess Zapata would feel more at ease with a more central figure like Alex or Mexes next to him. But Romagnoli is going to play, and between the four remaining CBs we have, Zapata is the one I trust the most, since Mexes has been injured all this time.

Zapata looked like a fool on that, De Jong did what he could there given the circumstances. Zapata also completely miss-timed his movement when the defence tried to play the offside trap at one point which could have resulted in the 2-2 for Empoli.

Like I said, I just don't trust him when he's given the leadership role in defence (aside from the fact that he's a terrible passer), which he will get by default when next to Romagnoli. And I know I've said that Alex looked a step behind in the other thread, but I'd trust him more next to Romagnoli or Zapata (but we all know Romagn will play so that would mean an Alex-Romagnoli duo would be my pick)

I just feel like a Romagnoli Zapata pairing will get absolutely trashed by Jovetic and Co.
Danny
Poor Zaps sad.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 9 2015, 04:56 PM) *
Zapata looked like a fool on that, De Jong did what he could there given the circumstances. Zapata also completely miss-timed his movement when the defence tried to play the offside trap at one point which could have resulted in the 2-2 for Empoli.

Like I said, I just don't trust him when he's given the leadership role in defence (aside from the fact that he's a terrible passer), which he will get by default when next to Romagnoli. And I know I've said that Alex looked a step behind in the other thread, but I'd trust him more next to Romagnoli or Zapata (but we all know Romagn will play so that would mean an Alex-Romagnoli duo would be my pick)

I just feel like a Romagnoli Zapata pairing will get absolutely trashed by Jovetic and Co.

How did he look like a fool??? He was marking his man! Like I said, Maccarone did an amazing trick. Anyone, even Nesta or Thiago could have fallen for that. But Bertolacci was just walking when Saponara was running inside the box, and De Jong reacted late.

And what the hell does the leadership role have anything to do here? Did Zapata bunk the offside trap because of that? I wouldn't trust two slow and static CBs like Mexes and Alex together, but two fast and mobile ones like Zapata and Romagnoli is more than fine. They might not complement each other perfectly, but it's the best we can afford, and you're not gonna convince me otherwise.
Danny
Have to say I think X is onto something here.

With no Muntari, Bonera or the like to slaughter any more, Han needed (even if he didn't realise it) a new figure of contempt.

No one would claim that Zaps is Maldini, but the guy IS a fine defender even if his passing is occasionally loose. For sheer brute force defending he's rather good, as well as strong in the air and quick - helps for tracking back against counters.

Yes, he probably needs an alpha leader next to him to be at his best, but so what? Specifically speaking I'd argue he needs a foil, a player next to him with the attributes he lacks, like leadership and positional sense, or composure on the ball. But then Mexes sucks next to Alex and vice versa.

Defences are about the right two kinds of defender next to each other, if one is missing the other suddenly loses a great deal of their game.

But this, all this is getting away from the point: Zapata is absolutely the least of our concerns and will do a job if picked. Hopefully whoever else is picked does too, be it Ely, Romag, Mexes or Alex.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 9 2015, 08:53 PM) *
How did he look like a fool??? He was marking his man! Like I said, Maccarone did an amazing trick. Anyone, even Nesta or Thiago could have fallen for that. But Bertolacci was just walking when Saponara was running inside the box, and De Jong reacted late.

And what the hell does the leadership role have anything to do here? Did Zapata bunk the offside trap because of that? I wouldn't trust two slow and static CBs like Mexes and Alex together, but two fast and mobile ones like Zapata and Romagnoli is more than fine. They might not complement each other perfectly, but it's the best we can afford, and you're not gonna convince me otherwise.

Sorry, but yes, he did. He could have done better. And an awesome trick from Maccarone? Come on now!

Who said anything about Alex and Mexes playing together??

I said Alex should partner either one of Zapata or Romagnoli, because both need someone who can lead the line next to them, Romagnoli because of his inexperience and Zapata because that's just the way he is.

And you can be as fast and mobile as you like but if there are positional errors and passing errors you can't recover from all of them simply because you're quick.

Also, the thing with the offside trap I was talking about him not only not being able to be the reference point at the back for the others, but HE'S the one that's making these errors. Add in a young and inexperienced guy next to him and you'll have trouble at the back.

And fyi, I'm not trying to convince you of anything! I'm simply stating my opinion that I think it's a mistake to go with both Zapata and Romagnoli and I think we should go with Alex and either one of those 2, simply because I think that would make a better pairing. I hope that I am worrying over nothing and they do well because Miha seems to be sticking with them for now, but I don't think that will be the case. Simple as that really, I'm not trying to get you to join my anti-Zapata cult like you and Danny are trying to make it out to be

QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 10 2015, 01:42 AM) *
Have to say I think X is onto something here.

With no Muntari, Bonera or the like to slaughter any more, Han needed (even if he didn't realise it) a new figure of contempt.

No one would claim that Zaps is Maldini, but the guy IS a fine defender even if his passing is occasionally loose. For sheer brute force defending he's rather good, as well as strong in the air and quick - helps for tracking back against counters.

Yes, he probably needs an alpha leader next to him to be at his best, but so what? Specifically speaking I'd argue he needs a foil, a player next to him with the attributes he lacks, like leadership and positional sense, or composure on the ball. But then Mexes sucks next to Alex and vice versa.

Defences are about the right two kinds of defender next to each other, if one is missing the other suddenly loses a great deal of their game.

But this, all this is getting away from the point: Zapata is absolutely the least of our concerns and will do a job if picked. Hopefully whoever else is picked does too, be it Ely, Romag, Mexes or Alex.

Again, you're being ridiculous with your conspiracy theories with regards to how I feel about Zapata. If I needed a player to whine about there are plenty others to choose from in this team. Believe me!

As I said a million times now, Zapata has flaws in his game that for me tend to be a bit of a stretch to overlook when thinking of someone who can be a starter for us. It's nothing personal but I just don't trust him and that's basically it really.

Also, I already said that I'm fine with either him or Romagnoli starting, but not together as for me that is worrying. Again, this is just my opinion, and Miha will more than likely go for what you 2 are advocating, I just hope it doesn't go wrong for us.

And one more thing, you're saying it yourself here in this post. For a proper pairing to really work the 2 CBs need to have all the attributes required of a top CB even if it not individually but as a pairing. It's why I think Mexes and Zapata worked so well together and I know for a fact it's why you think Alex and Zapata could also work well together. I think Romagnoli could be good next to Zapata as well, but his inexperience and Zapata's sometimes shaky defending and suicide passing could be a problem as unlike when he has Mexes or Alex next to him Romagnoli is not experienced enough to bail him out. And he could also be the one commiting the mistakes and Zapata is simply not the type of players who is there and usually well positioned to cover for unexpected occurences
han2503
Anyway, we should move on as we're never going to see eye to eye on this. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm afraid that I most likely won't be.

It seems like Alex has been completely cast aside by Miha anyway, so I don't know why I'm wasting time on this, if things go wrong we can just blame it on the midfield...
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 10 2015, 07:37 AM) *
Sorry, but yes, he did. He could have done better. And an awesome trick from Maccarone? Come on now!

Anyone can make an awesome trick, it doesn't require you to be a world class player. You just don't want to admit that Zapata wasn't at fault there, or that at least he was the one at least at fault.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 10 2015, 07:37 AM) *
Who said anything about Alex and Mexes playing together??

I said Alex should partner either one of Zapata or Romagnoli, because both need someone who can lead the line next to them, Romagnoli because of his inexperience and Zapata because that's just the way he is.

And you can be as fast and mobile as you like but if there are positional errors and passing errors you can't recover from all of them simply because you're quick.

Also, the thing with the offside trap I was talking about him not only not being able to be the reference point at the back for the others, but HE'S the one that's making these errors. Add in a young and inexperienced guy next to him and you'll have trouble at the back.

And fyi, I'm not trying to convince you of anything! I'm simply stating my opinion that I think it's a mistake to go with both Zapata and Romagnoli and I think we should go with Alex and either one of those 2, simply because I think that would make a better pairing. I hope that I am worrying over nothing and they do well because Miha seems to be sticking with them for now, but I don't think that will be the case. Simple as that really, I'm not trying to get you to join my anti-Zapata cult like you and Danny are trying to make it out to be

Do you hear yourself? You moan about Zapata as if he's the next Acerbi and yet you say you have nothing against him. Getting all technical and stuff just to make a point that doesn't exist. If Zapata plays alongside Mexes it's fine, but if he plays alongside Romagnoli then it's a disaster. Football is not a science, Han. Form and moments play a huge part. And playing a crappy Alex and a just recovered Mexes is way riskier than playing Zapata.
Danny
But remember, it's just me with the 'conspiracy theories' Han tongue.gif
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 10 2015, 02:42 PM) *
Anyone can make an awesome trick, it doesn't require you to be a world class player. You just don't want to admit that Zapata wasn't at fault there, or that at least he was the one at least at fault.

Do you hear yourself? You moan about Zapata as if he's the next Acerbi and yet you say you have nothing against him. Getting all technical and stuff just to make a point that doesn't exist. If Zapata plays alongside Mexes it's fine, but if he plays alongside Romagnoli then it's a disaster. Football is not a science, Han. Form and moments play a huge part. And playing a crappy Alex and a just recovered Mexes is way riskier than playing Zapata.

No, I'm not, he was at fault there, imo, but okay blame De Jong...

Do you hear yourself?

My points about Zapata come from having watched him enough to appreciate the type of player he is but accept that he comes with limitations. Limitations that have cost us points in the past.

It's not a science. It's common sense that you'd want someone at the back who can lead the line and be a point of reference to the others, especially when the other CB is an inexperienced 20 year old who's never played in a derby of this magnitude.

Also, where did you see me saying that we should play Mexes in all of that? Just like with the Alex-Mexes bit you're putting words in my mouth to try and prove your point and make mine look stupid and/or invalid based solely on my sheer and utter hate for Zapata rolleyes.gif

Sure, form and moments play a huge part, and from what I've seen in both matches so far is that neither Zapata nor Romagnoli are in any sort of particularly good form, so I don't get what point you're trying to make here...

Like I also pointed out in the other thread, Alex has looked off the pace, sure, but he's the type of player who takes initiative and takes charge of the situation. Zapata doesn't and if we're up against it when we play Inter expect that to really hurt us.

You both have them Danny, just because I don't agree with you about a player it's suddenly a conspiracy that I hate him, and it's not just you, many here tend to go down that route just to try to prove their points (me included at times). Can't it be a very simple explanation like for example I don't rate Zapata all that highly and his mistake prone nature gives me runners of the unpleasant variety when he doesn't have someone to hold his hand playing next to him especially? I have nothing against the guy, you guys are saying hat he's my Muntari, but I can assure you, he's not. I just don't feel comfortable with him starting, that is all. MY GOD!!
X-Offender
My points about Zapata come from having watched him enough to appreciate the type of player he is but accept that he comes with limitations. Limitations that have cost us points in the past.

It's not a science. It's common sense that you'd want someone at the back who can lead the line and be a point of reference to the others, especially when the other CB is an inexperienced 20 year old who's never played in a derby of this magnitude.

Sure, form and moments play a huge part, and from what I've seen in both matches so far is that neither Zapata nor Romagnoli are in any sort of particularly good form, so I don't get what point you're trying to make here...

Like I also pointed out in the other thread, Alex has looked off the pace, sure, but he's the type of player who takes initiative and takes charge of the situation. Zapata doesn't and if we're up against it when we play Inter expect that to really hurt us.

So, you're willing to play a completely off-form Alex who's been crap so far because he has the attributes of a leader instead of somebody who is a starter for the Colombia NT and in far better shape? Logic.

Also, where did you see me saying that we should play Mexes in all of that? Just like with the Alex-Mexes bit you're putting words in my mouth to try and prove your point and make mine look stupid and/or invalid based solely on my sheer and utter hate for Zapata

Oh come on, as if you wouldn't drool over the possibility of your precious Mexes starting ahead of Zapata. Don't act so innocent.

You both have them Danny, just because I don't agree with you about a player it's suddenly a conspiracy that I hate him, and it's not just you, many here tend to go down that route just to try to prove their points (me included at times). Can't it be a very simple explanation like for example I don't rate Zapata all that highly and his mistake prone nature gives me runners of the unpleasant variety when he doesn't have someone to hold his hand playing next to him especially? I have nothing against the guy, you guys are saying hat he's my Muntari, but I can assure you, he's not. I just don't feel comfortable with him starting, that is all. MY GOD!!

It's one thing not liking a player and another constantly whining about him as if he's our worst player or something. I was completely on your side regarding Muntari because the guy was absolutely terrible, but Zapata doesn't deserve such treatment because he's far better than you make him out to be.
Danny
In short, Han's talking shite. I defended Muntari but lost patience with him after a couple of years. Zaps has been here over three and never been deserving of half of the cr*p Han's been giving him.

And yes, I would have to agree he's turning this into a pro Mexes anti Zapata tirade.

The rubbish you're talking Han is why your anti Zapata crap is f*cking boring beyond words.

You've admitted being wrong before - you accept Monto is now terrible, you accepted Niang had matured - why can't you actually accept Zapata is not half as poor as you imply.

As I once said to you, you take his flaws and highlight them, ignoring his strengths, but take Mexes' strengths and highlight them, ignoring his flaws.

You're not being fair.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 10 2015, 10:32 PM) *
So, you're willing to play a completely off-form Alex who's been crap so far because he has the attributes of a leader instead of somebody who is a starter for the Colombia NT and in far better shape? Logic.

Guarantee you'd see a different Alex in competitive action. I understand Han's logic on Alex here, and I understand your derision, but Alex, in competitive football for Milan, has basically never once let us down on his own terms.

This summer he wasn't motivated as he thought three times he was leaving - his head was all over the place. Name a footballer who can focus on their current club despite being linked out? Classic recent example is De Gea. He got outright dropped over it.

Just don't think he'd be poor in a competitive match - the guy has been a pro all his career.
han2503
I'm really done with this you're both acting ridiculous and basically defending all your points by "han hates Zapata so we're right he's wrong".

Whatever. I seriously hope this doesn't come back to bite us in the @ss.

My hesitance on Zapata comes from cold hard facts of him costing us points in the past thanks to his mistakes. But yes, I'm a biased hater. What-thefuck-ever rolleyes.gif

And really you defend your already wishy washy points by saying he's a Colombian NT player laugh.gif So was Armero FFS!
Danny
Don't forget to slam the door.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 11 2015, 09:19 AM) *
Don't forget to slam the door.

Danny
biggrin.gif
Fillipo Simone
I've recently checked and turns out that bar the one victory under Seedorf in 13/14 we haven't won against Inter for quite some time, years and years of defeats and ties.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 11 2015, 06:30 PM) *
I've recently checked and turns out that bar the one victory under Seedorf in 13/14 we haven't won against Inter for quite some time, years and years of defeats and ties.

Super Cup?

Or the year we won the league? I think we won both ties that year IIRC
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 11 2015, 10:48 PM) *
Super Cup?

Or the year we won the league? I think we won both ties that year IIRC

The year we won the scudetto. I think we've won only that game against Inter as an away team in the last 10 years or something.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 11 2015, 10:50 PM) *
The year we won the scudetto. I think we've won only that game against Inter as an away team in the last 10 years or something.

Yep, we haven't been dominant in the derby since Carlo's hey days. I remember whether it was Serie A, CL or Coppa, we made them our b!tches!

Now it's just a competition of who sucks the most.
han2503

I don't believe for a second that De Jong will be dropped, if he is that's just stupid

I don't understand what the issue is here. They can play in the midfield at the same time. It's not rocket science, and certainly a better option than playing Poli
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.