Pages: 1, 2, 3
han2503
Who: A.C. Fiorentina vs. A.C. Milan

Where: Stadio Artemio Franchi

When:
23rd August 2015 @ 8:45pm CET

Head-to-Head Record

acid911
Bring it! devil.gif First real Milan match that I'm interested in watching, in years!
William405
Great job. <3

Excited to see what we will look like. Of-course there is this feeling that we're not ready yet, but the season has to start!

Forza Milan!
I have a brother and a future son in law that are both Fiorentina fans, and they both appear rather worried about the state of their team. In any case, we will get to see how good we really are ...

Forza Milan!
Danny
Early team predictions from the major outlets:

Lopez, MDS, Ely, Romagnoli, Antonelli, De Jong, Bertolacci, Bonaventura, Honda, Bacca, Adriano.

In case anyone hadn't noticed, Mexes, Alex, Paletta, Zapata - none are now in favour at central defence. Roma and Ely are our first choice defensive partnership.
Danny
PS whoever captains this one is our captain. Also, if no one had noticed, Monto's been completely ditched.
Fillipo Simone
Comments han?

Anyway, does anyone know anything more about Fiorentina? How did they do in the mercato and what's their teams strength?
maldini03
Of those names I would say that NDJ would get the armband. No Abate for the start of the season? I would make him the captain of all of the players we have at the moment, he and NDJ are a few of our players with the propensity to lead. Is he injured or Miha just prefers MDS
Fillipo Simone
So Miha is what, the 3rd coach in a row fielding MDS first as a RB? I wonder if he'll transfer him to the left again like the others did. Very funny.
Danny
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 22 2015, 12:01 AM) *
So Miha is what, the 3rd coach in a row fielding MDS first as a RB? I wonder if he'll transfer him to the left again like the others did. Very funny.

That one is reported as 50/50. It's either Abate or MDS at RB, and most outlets have guessed at MDS.
han2503
QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Aug 21 2015, 09:39 PM) *
I have a brother and a future son in law that are both Fiorentina fans, and they both appear rather worried about the state of their team. In any case, we will get to see how good we really are ...

Forza Milan!

Any details on Fiorentina? Haven't really followed them this summer. Anyone knows how there pre-season was? Who did they sign? Aside from loaning Gomez to some Turkish side I don't know much else about what's been going on with them

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 21 2015, 10:55 PM) *
Early team predictions from the major outlets:

Lopez, MDS, Ely, Romagnoli, Antonelli, De Jong, Bertolacci, Bonaventura, Honda, Bacca, Adriano.

In case anyone hadn't noticed, Mexes, Alex, Paletta, Zapata - none are now in favour at central defence. Roma and Ely are our first choice defensive partnership.

More or less what we've been seeing so far as the most likely starters.

I think Mexes was going to be the first choice next to Romagnoli but so far Ely has done enough imo to be ahead of him. What worries me with that CB due is they're both very experienced. Don't know, we'll see how things go tomorrow night. First real test for them. Really hoping this could be a pairing for the future. Not to mention DS next to them who's been looking much better this pre-season than he did all of last. So we could have Italy's future defence right there seeing as Abate still has a good few years left.

Mexes and Zapata for me would be very good options as a back up pairing as well (in the event that Ely-Romagnoli duo works out) with Paletta being the alternate for either (thinking Alex will be the one sold)

All I'm hoping for in the defence is that we don't see a merry-go-round like we did last season, especially with the 2 CBs.

Would personally prefer Abate and DS to start at FB instead of Antonelli but that's just a personal preference for me

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 21 2015, 10:56 PM) *
PS whoever captains this one is our captain. Also, if no one had noticed, Monto's been completely ditched.

Still hoping Abate takes it tbh and it doesn't look like he's starting though. But De Jong is definitely the best candidate after him.

And yeah, Monto seems to be completely out of Miha's plans. I personally didn't see that coming even if I did know that they had issues with each other at Fiorentina. But seeing as he was Milan captain I thought he'd still have a spot as a starter, even if it is a begrudging one from Miha. But it looks like he's been given carte blanch from the management.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 22 2015, 12:01 AM) *

I personally prefer him on the left. and I'd prefer Abate starting instead of Antonelli. Also, in pre-season when Abate came on DS was always on the left. So I'm guessing Miha sees it this way to.

My guess is that this choice mostly comes from Abate's fitness issues. He's had some sort of a knock in each game he started this pre-season and he was also out injured for a couple of weeks after having to come off in one of the games (can't remember which one).

Continuity is important, but once Abate is fully fit I'd really like to see an Abate-Ely-Romagnoli-DS back 4 being the go-to defence for us and Miha sticks with it as much as he can
Danny
It just shows Miha's not p*ssing about.

I don't rate Honda but his weak displays are not down to attitude - he just isn't very good. But right now he's the only treq we have so Miha's stuck with him.

Monto's sh*ttery though is down to a combination of attitude and not being good enough - and we have better players than him in both aspects. Miha's more ruthless than predicted and I'm delighted that he's being cuthroat like this.

Not a single player in that starting XI is undeserving in terms of attitude. Whereas guys like Menez, Monto et al were.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 22 2015, 10:13 AM) *
It just shows Miha's not p*ssing about.

I don't rate Honda but his weak displays are not down to attitude - he just isn't very good. But right now he's the only treq we have so Miha's stuck with him.

Monto's sh*ttery though is down to a combination of attitude and not being good enough - and we have better players than him in both aspects. Miha's more ruthless than predicted and I'm delighted that he's being cuthroat like this.

Not a single player in that starting XI is undeserving in terms of attitude. Whereas guys like Menez, Monto et al were.

Menez is a different case though, he's still not completely recovered from his back problems and was in France last week to see his doctor.

And Menez considering he was the reason we were even 10th last season for me deserves it, even if he is a selfish little sh!t most of the time. I think Adriano and Bacca will have trouble playing next to each other in the long run. And with our squad as is, the only solution is Menez

Also, with Monto I don't think it had anything to do with attitude, but fitness. He's looked like a player who's 38 years old last season and this pre-season. He looks tired, slow and unfit. I don't think that has anything to do with attitude though, we've never heard anything about Monto being a slacker. At least not that I can ever recall.
Fillipo Simone
But han, you were convinced Monto would be a sure starter, it was us who told you he won't. Now, fitness, effort or overall quality, I don't know, but he's been benched and I think (hope) it's permanent.
d'Arc.LP
Ive been checking our merkato on daily basis and I started to get more interested about Milan last weeks. So Ill probably watch this match. We have 5-6 new players in our starting line up so I hope Mihajlovic can compose the team in that way that we dont need half of the season in order for the players to get used to play with each other.

I dont know what to think, theoretically we should have a decent start, but it all depends on how the players understand each other.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 22 2015, 10:48 AM) *
But han, you were convinced Monto would be a sure starter, it was us who told you he won't. Now, fitness, effort or overall quality, I don't know, but he's been benched and I think (hope) it's permanent.

That is why I said this to Danny in my previous post

And yeah, Monto seems to be completely out of Miha's plans. I personally didn't see that coming even if I did know that they had issues with each other at Fiorentina. But seeing as he was Milan captain I thought he'd still have a spot as a starter, even if it is a begrudging one from Miha. But it looks like he's been given carte blanch from the management.

Tbh, Monto hasn't looked good for quite some time, I still think he's the only midfielder in our squad capable of at least somewhat controlling the play in midfield, not all that good but decent enough and better than Bona or Bertolacci. Not saying he's a better overall player than them, but as a passer I do believe he at least can control play more than them.

But yes, his fitness is currently shocking, he's huffing and puffing after a few minutes on the pitch he looked out of shape this pre-season and no one can deny that he and Miha haven't had their problems during their time at Fiorentina.

Like I said, I do admit that I thought that the fact that he was captain would mean that he'd still be a starter and I think that he'd fit in better than Bona in midfield if he were fit, but that's obviously not the case and it's also obvious that he's no longer captain, which I was also wrong about. Which is strange as we haven't heard anything about him being stripped of the armband through official channels.
Danny
Unfortunately Han, Bona, mediocre though he is overall, is better than Monto now is. Period.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 22 2015, 07:59 AM) *
Any details on Fiorentina? Haven't really followed them this summer. Anyone knows how there pre-season was? Who did they sign? Aside from loaning Gomez to some Turkish side I don't know much else about what's been going on with them

They signed Mario Suarez from Atletico and also some Croatian (I think) striker to replace Gomez, but that's about it. Their mercato has been very disappointing and fans have voiced their dsiapproval.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 22 2015, 07:59 AM) *
I think Mexes was going to be the first choice next to Romagnoli but so far Ely has done enough imo to be ahead of him. What worries me with that CB due is they're both very experienced. Don't know, we'll see how things go tomorrow night. First real test for them. Really hoping this could be a pairing for the future. Not to mention DS next to them who's been looking much better this pre-season than he did all of last. So we could have Italy's future defence right there seeing as Abate still has a good few years left.

Actually, Ely has been playing for Brazil's under 23 since 2014 if I'm not mistaken.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 22 2015, 12:13 PM) *
Unfortunately Han, Bona, mediocre though he is overall, is better than Monto now is. Period.

Calling Bona mediocre is harsh. He's a good player, not a game changer though, same thing with Bertolacci.

I'm not saying that Monto nowadays is better than either of them, but he's better than both at controlling the midfield, or at least he used to have the skills to, he's just looked completely out of things since his leg break

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 22 2015, 12:18 PM) *
They signed Mario Suarez from Atletico and also some Croatian (I think) striker to replace Gomez, but that's about it. Their mercato has been very disappointing and fans have voiced their dsiapproval.

Actually, Ely has been playing for Brazil's under 23 since 2014 if I'm not mistaken.

Too bad, but he can still decide to play for Italy's senior squad though right? He's not yet tied to Brazil since he hasn't played for the senior side.
d'Arc.LP
Called Up players for the game against Fiorentina:

GKs: Abbiati, Donnarumma, Diego Lopez.
Defenders: Abate, Alex, Antonelli, Calabria, Rodrigo Ely, De Sciglio, Paletta, Romagnoli, Zapata.
Midfielders: Bertolacci, Bonaventura, De Jong, Jose Mauri, Nocerino, Montolivo, Poli, Suso.
Attackers: Bacca, Cerci, Honda, Luiz Adriano, Matri.

I would go with: Lopez, De Sciglio, Ely, Romanogli, Antonelli, Bonaventura, De Jong, Bertolacci, Honda, Adriano, Bacca.

I think Mihajlovic will play like that too.
han2503
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Aug 22 2015, 01:13 PM) *
Called Up players for the game against Fiorentina:

GKs: Abbiati, Donnarumma, Diego Lopez.
Defenders: Abate, Alex, Antonelli, Calabria, Rodrigo Ely, De Sciglio, Paletta, Romagnoli, Zapata.
Midfielders: Bertolacci, Bonaventura, De Jong, Jose Mauri, Nocerino, Montolivo, Poli, Suso.
Attackers: Bacca, Cerci, Honda, Luiz Adriano, Matri.

I would go with: Lopez, De Sciglio, Ely, Romanogli, Antonelli, Bonaventura, De Jong, Bertolacci, Honda, Adriano, Bacca.

I think Mihajlovic will play like that too.

Mexes and Menez have some fitness issues apparently
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 22 2015, 03:27 PM) *
Mexes and Menez have some fitness issues apparently

I heard Menez will miss for quite a long time (1 month or so), and he is back in Monaco for treatment.
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 22 2015, 01:01 PM) *
Calling Bona mediocre is harsh.

You've implied it many times.

He's a good player, not a game changer though, same thing with Bertolacci.

So they've gone from average Serie A players to good players?

Bona is a decent player overall in the sense that by what we need he's mediocre, but in reality he's decent at our current level.

I'm not saying that Monto nowadays is better than either of them, but he's better than both at controlling the midfield, or at least he used to have the skills to, he's just looked completely out of things since his leg break

He's been terrible since summer 2013.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 22 2015, 02:19 PM) *
You've implied it many times.

Saying mediocre for me is saying he's sh!t in a more polite way and imo that's very harsh

So they've gone from average Serie A players to good players?

Bona is a decent player overall in the sense that by what we need he's mediocre, but in reality he's decent at our current level.

They're good/average. Basically I see it in the same way you've just explained. I think both players are good, but when looking at our mid and how much work it needs to be on another level, both are average to the cause.

Basically they would both be good players for whatever mid-table side they played for, at Milan though considering the expectations they're average. But neither is mediocre.

Also, I give Bona credit considering he was one of the very few good and consistent performers from last season

He's been terrible since summer 2013.

I don't think he was as terrible as you say in his second season. Sure he was much better in his debut one, it's what got him the captaincy after all. I just think that he plummeted even more after that injury. He doesn't even look like an athlete anymore when you watch him on the pitch.
d'Arc.LP
MILANELLO – Sinisa Mihajlovic faced the press on the eve of the rossoneri’s Serie A opener away at Fiorentina on Sunday. The Milan coach was joined by the club captain Riccardo Montolivo and vice-captain Nigel De Jong for the pre-match press conference which took place after the team’s morning training session at Milanello.

Opening comments: "Sunday’s match will certainly live long in the memory. This morning, I spoke to Arrigo Sacchi and he reminded me that his first match in charge of Milan was also away at Fiorentina. The fixture list has given us a strong opponent at a tough ground, but it’s better this way I think and at least we can show what we’re capable of. Fiorentina will want to pick up all 3 points, but we also want to win. They have changed their coach and they have lots of young players. Our only objective tomorrow is to win and we have to give a good and complete performance."

The coach continued: "I want to point out that I never said that I only focus on the result and not the performance. Milan’s history is characterised by results through good performances. A team has to take to the pitch with clear ideas of what it needs to do. Against Perugia, we played well and we were clinical in front of goal. I am a former Fiorentina coach and I thank them for having given me the chance to coach there. It was a tough period, but it helped me to develop."

The rossoneri are in good shape ahead of the new Serie A season: "I believe that we’re on the right path. There will be tough moments, but we must always come off the pitch with our heads held high knowing that we have given everything. We know we can do better and we will improve. I am happy that the players are starting to develop an attacking mentality. I am confident and we have prepared well for the match. As for me, well, I always try to improve and I believe that I am fair, sincere and direct. I like being this way. It’s true that I expect respect, but I also give it. As a coach I try and stay up to date and improve; you never stop learning."

Mihajlovic was tight lipped over the line-up and believes the squad are confident going into the match: "It could be similar to the one that started against Perugia (in the TIM Cup, editor’s note). The pre-season results have been good for us, but we must always look forwards with our mentality and win. The squad have regained self-confidence and belief. The objective is to finish amongst the top-three in Serie A. We need to have a great season. If we have a good start, then we can do well. We always train to improve and not only to prepare for our next opponents. I won’t settle for third place yet because there is still a whole season to play for, we will see what happens. I won’t comment on the transfer market. We will see what happens. My team choices are based on who gives me the greater guarantees. Not everyone is in form at the same time."

Closing comments from the coach and a focus on some individual players: "The players have been behind me right from the first moment and the mentality has changed a bit. I haven’t had any problems which is also thanks to the players’ commitment. We have had very few injuries up until now. No one should believe he is a permanent feature in the starting line-up. De Jong plays in front of the defence, just like Montolivo, and they are two important players that I am relying on. We must be organized and believe in what we do. Ely and Calabria have surprised me a lot seeing as I did not know them before. When I speak about the defensive phase, I am referring to the whole team. It’s everybody’s job to ensure we do well in defence. Bacca and Luiz Adriano are important players, but we have to put them in a position to play well through our organization."

Riccardo Montolivo is determined to have a good season after injury problems: "For me, it will be a big year. I am coming off the back of a tough year. I am very motivated and I have a big desire to show what I am capable of. I am pleased that I have been able to train without any problems. I want to regain my match fitness. I think the team that wants it more tomorrow will win the match. Technique and tactics won’t be enough. Fiorentina are a strong side and it will be a good test for us to start off on the right foot."

Nigel De Jong added the following: "I am happy to have stayed here at Milan. I believe in the project. There have been lots of changes, including the coach. I want us to get back into Europe. This season we have a more competitive squad and so we also have to improve with our performances. As we have often said, we’re Milan and we take to the pitch to win. Carlos Bacca is one of the best players in the world, but I also have confidence in the rest of my team-mates like Luiz Adriano, Bertolacci, Romagnoli."

source: acmilan.com
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 22 2015, 04:49 PM) *
Saying mediocre for me is saying he's sh!t in a more polite way and imo that's very harsh

Han, if you define words differently to what the dictionary does, don't be surprised when we disagree.

Mediocre is mediocre. Say what you mean, don't expect me to read your mind smile.gif
William405
FIORENTINA: Tatarusanu; Roncaglia, G.Rodriguez, Tomovic; Gilberto, Borja Valero, Badelj, M.Alonso; Bernardeschi, Ilicic; Kalinic. A disposizione: Allenatore: Mister Paulo Sousa

MILAN: Diego Lopez; De Sciglio, Rodrigo Ely, Romagnoli, Antonelli; Bonaventura, , De Jong, Bertolacci; Honda; Luiz Adriano, Bacca. A disposizione: Abbiati, Donnarumma, Abate, Calabria, Paletta, Zapata, Nocerino, Montolivo, Poli, Suso, Cerci, Matri. Allenatore: Sinisa Mihajlovic
CrazyMilanFan
any links, nothing ontv nor on bet365
rip
excited to watch a milan game after a loooooong time. Guys do share if u have a good stream, thanks. smile.gif
han2503
Looking at all the activity on the forum is also exciting. Hope the team doesn't let us all down
CrazyMilanFan
isthere any website where one can pay andwatch serie ..i am surethere was one few years back, but can seem to fnd anything now
han2503
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Aug 23 2015, 07:36 PM) *
isthere any website where one can pay andwatch serie ..i am surethere was one few years back, but can seem to fnd anything now

This one's good

http://cricfree.tv/watch/live/fiorentina-v...-live-streaming
rip
good save
milanbuf88
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 23 2015, 03:39 PM) *

Does that actually work for you if you disable adblocker? having that message in the middle of the screen is really annoying.
han2503
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Aug 23 2015, 07:55 PM) *
Does that actually work for you if you disable adblocker? having that message in the middle of the screen is really annoying.

You have to close the ads

There are little Xs you have to click to remove the ads
han2503
Currently struggling...
rip
http://goatd.net/117312/watch-fiorentina-vs-ac-milan

try this if ur link is still not ok
milanbuf88
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 23 2015, 03:55 PM) *
You have to close the ads

There are little Xs you have to click to remove the ads

I tried. I get infinite pop ups dry.gif
han2503
This stupid routine on the corners we've been trying to repeat all summer is still not working and each time we waste a corner
Fillipo Simone
Don't want to jump the gun, but this is the Milan I used to watch...for two years now. You can preach as much as you want how Mihajlovic changed the game, but this is still the idle and sterile Milan that we got used to. Only luck and Fiorentina mistakes can get us a goal with that attitude.
han2503
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Aug 23 2015, 08:00 PM) *
I tried. I get infinite pop ups dry.gif

You have to click exactly on the grey square with the x in it, because otherwise you're clicking on the ad and each time a pop up comes up. All these streams come with ads, try the one rip posted, maybe you'll have more luck
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 23 2015, 08:04 PM) *
Don't want to jump the gun, but this is the Milan I used to watch...for two years now. You can preach as much as you want how Mihajlovic changed the game, but this is still the idle and sterile Milan that we got used to. Only luck and Fiorentina mistakes can get us a goal with that attitude.

Yep, it's why I've been preaching about creativity in the midfield for an entire summer, and it does not look like it's an issue Galliani is willing to fix.

We simply have no one who can control the midfield.
han2503
What a save Lopez.

We're being sliced through too easily

Midfield is non-existent
milanbuf88
Thank god for Lopez
Fillipo Simone
It's the same **** again and I'm full of it this time!
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 23 2015, 10:06 PM) *
Yep, it's why I've been preaching about creativity in the midfield for an entire summer, and it does not look like it's an issue Galliani is willing to fix.

We simply have no one who can control the midfield.

It goes beyond that han, but I'm gonna elaborate at match end.
han2503
At least last season there was Menez who dropped deep. Now it's just 2 isolated CFs running around upfront
William405
Stream not working for all of you too?

EDIT: NVM it's back
X-Offender
What do you expect from a midfield of Bonaventura, Bertolacci and Honda? It's going to be sh*t. And instead of signing a quality regista, we go after Soriano and Balotelli. Genius.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 23 2015, 08:16 PM) *
It goes beyond that han, but I'm gonna elaborate at match end.

I think it's the core of it.

There have been obvious improvements in how we defend and press the ball, but there is simply no outlet and no one who can retain possession for our buil-up play which makes us the sterile entity you see now
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.