Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [IT] Serie A 2015-16
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
han2503
All talk for next season's Serie A here

This is our fixture list btw

han2503
Lazio look good against Juve in the Super Coppa, I think they'll do well this season
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 8 2015, 12:57 PM) *
Lazio look good against Juve in the Super Coppa, I think they'll do well this season

This season? They were top three last!

For them that's outstanding. Can't see them failing to last the pace this time either.
Fillipo Simone
We'll see.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 8 2015, 03:06 PM) *
This season? They were top three last!

For them that's outstanding. Can't see them failing to last the pace this time either.

Well actually it's a very common trajectory for teams like Lazio to have a good season like they did last - it was actually more like a few good months rather than a whole season, they just took advantage of the complete lack of consistency from other teams in those months to gain that spot - and then struggle the following season

The reasons vary, but usually it's the fact that they have a lack of depth in their squad especially quality depth and they have to play a demanding competition like the CL (if they even make it through qualifiers)

They looked solid vs Juve (even though they lost in the end) but 1 or 2 injuries and their season would spiral.

We've seen this happen to many teams in Serie A over the years

Plus, I don't think teams like Napoli, Inter and hopefully us as well will have seasons as turbulent as last was for them.
han2503
This is the new Serie A youtube page https://www.youtube.com/user/legacalcioserieatim

It looks good, and finally something that doesn't isolate the international fans by being in just Italian. The lega needs to be more pro-active in marketing the league as an international brand.
acid911
Thanks for the share, Han. happy.gif
X-Offender
Yeah, thanks for sharing. smile.gif
Fillipo Simone
Good news, Allegri-mode is back on smile.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 23 2015, 06:58 PM) *
Good news, Allegri-mode is back on smile.gif

What happened? Didn't watch
Fillipo Simone
Well, they lost to Udine at home and blew their 2 and a half year record.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 23 2015, 08:16 PM) *
Well, they lost to Udine at home and blew their 2 and a half year record.

Not to mention all the injuries...
Fillipo Simone
Yep. Don't get me wrong, Juve played okay and could/should have won. But there I felt that old Allegri feeling again, breezing through the Turin mountain air. Sadly, I don't see much competition for the this season as well.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 23 2015, 08:54 PM) *
Yep. Don't get me wrong, Juve played okay and could/should have won. But there I felt that old Allegri feeling again, breezing through the Turin mountain air. Sadly, I don't see much competition for the this season as well.

The injury thing simply has to go down on him now. It can't be a coincidence anymore that we probably had a record number of injuries under him, at times having to play even 3rd choice players more regularly than 1st shoice. Now Juve keep having injury troubles when under Conte they basically kept the same 11 for 3 whole seasons running with barely any injury problems.

I think they'll struggle a bit but they'll still win it in the end anyway. Roma are just too mentally fragile to even pose a threat to Juve
Danny

Allegri effect my backside! They totally dominated the match and simply failed to covert their chances. Pure luck which saw Udi win this one.
X-Offender
Juve are very close to signing Draxler.

Yes, they lost Vidal, Tevez and Pirlo (who was pretty poor last season anyway), but they've signed Khedira, Cuadrado, Dybala, Mandzukic and now Draxler. Compare that to the names we've gotten. dry.gif
Danny
Perhaps, but in our defence they can attract better. They're champions, and have UCL.

We have Galliani jerking off in the bathroom.
X-Offender
laugh.gif
han2503
How are Roma not winning this??
acid911
They are now. happy.gif 1-0 up against the dozers.
han2503
2-0

If I understood correctly, this could be the first time in Juve's history starting with 2 losses!

Allegri breaking records at Juve as well. So touching...
X-Offender
Juve were absolutely terrible bar the last 10 minutes after they scored. Allegri playing 3-5-2 with Padoin and Sturaro in midfield. Typical.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 30 2015, 06:59 PM) *
Juve were absolutely terrible bar the last 10 minutes after they scored. Allegri playing 3-5-2 with Padoin and Sturaro in midfield. Typical.

He's got Khedira and Marchisio injured. This scenario is funnily a lot like the one he had with us in the second season

All these injuries and having to try and patch up an 11.
Fillipo Simone
That's why I said - Allegri-effect on wink.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 30 2015, 07:01 PM) *
He's got Khedira and Marchisio injured. This scenario is funnily a lot like the one he had with us in the second season

All these injuries and having to try and patch up an 11.

That doesn't refrain you from playing a more offensive formation. He had Cuadrado, Pereyra and Alex Sandro on the bench.
Danny
Twitter melting down with this haha.

tbh I don't care what anyone says, I can't fathom them letting their three best players go. Vidal, Tevez and Pirlo.

To this day it still makes no sense.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 30 2015, 07:18 PM) *
Twitter melting down with this haha.

tbh I don't care what anyone says, I can't fathom them letting their three best players go. Vidal, Tevez and Pirlo.

To this day it still makes no sense.

Tevez and Pirlo both wanted to go. It was out of their hands

And I'm guessing Vidal also pushed for the Bayern move

They've also lost out on Draxler today. Gone to Wolfsburg
X-Offender
They sold Vidal because they wanted to keep Pogba. It was one or the other.
d'Arc.LP
Juve on regelation zone, what a feeling. We have bigger problems than them, but man this cheered me up.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 30 2015, 07:55 PM) *
They sold Vidal because they wanted to keep Pogba. It was one or the other.

I'd have kept Vidal every minute of the day day of the week week of the month etc.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 30 2015, 08:09 PM) *
I'd have kept Vidal every minute of the day day of the week week of the month etc.

Vidal is 28, Pogba is 22. I think they made the right choice.
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 30 2015, 10:11 PM) *

No doubt there.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 30 2015, 08:09 PM) *

Agreed.

It would have made much more sense to sell Pogba for a huge sum (80m figures being thrown around) and kept Vidal, who didn't go for a lot imo when you consider the transfer fees of today.
d'Arc.LP
It would be pretty dumb to sell Vidal this season in order to keep Pogba, just to sell him after a season though. If they dont keep Pogba for at least next 5 years they fooled themselves.
d'Arc.LP
Jovetic scored for Inter. If they win, they will have 6 points and more important they will be in better mood for the derby.
Fillipo Simone
Milan target Baselli doing very well at the moment for Torino. Two goals and good performances overall.

That's what I've been talking about: you can have a less creative and more working oriented midfield but still produce chances and play well. Milan simply fails at this because of the players mentality.
William405
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 30 2015, 11:31 PM) *
Milan target Baselli doing very well at the moment for Torino. Two goals and good performances overall.

That's what I've been talking about: you can have a less creative and more working oriented midfield but still produce chances and play well. Milan simply fails at this because of the players mentality.

So true. Miha knows it, and will work on fixing it.

You just can't convince me that having this one or two players in the lineup will change the whole team! There is a mentality problem more than anything.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 30 2015, 08:11 PM) *

Really?

Whole of last season:

Pogba: 9 goals, 6 assists, 83% passing accuracy.

Vidal: 8, 4, 84%

About the same - sell Pogba like Han said and get far more cash from, and I know few share this view, but the idiotic clubs who overate him.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 30 2015, 10:01 PM) *
Really?

Whole of last season:

About the same - sell Pogba like Han said and get far more cash from, and I know few share this view, but the idiotic clubs who overate him.

What I meant to say is that Pogba has about 10 years of top football in him, whereas Vidal about 4-5. And Pogba has the potential to become one of the best if not the best box-to-box mid in the world.
Danny
Whatever I think of his abilities, Han's logic makes more sense. No effing way is Pogba staying at Juve for 10 years.
X-Offender
Maybe not 10 years, but why not 6-7? Kaká stayed with us for 7 seasons despite many lucrative offers. Same with Sheva.
Fillipo Simone
Because things changed. Back then Italy was still the league where all the stuff, all the magic happened. You had great rivalries, you had teams like Milan and Inter spending serious money (for good players), you had the best defenses, the best midfielders, the best coaches. On top of it, Milan always offered a good (if not the best, at that time) shot for CL success. No wonder they stayed.

Now everything changed. Firstly the big money is elsewhere, secondly the big players are elsewhere. What's most important, Juventus reached their maximum last year with a shot to the CL trophy. You think Pogba would be satisfied with playing more "derbies" against the Milans and Inters of our present Serie A? Another "contest" with Roma for the title? Nah, he'll be soon off, off where all players want to be nowadays - Spain or England.
Danny
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 31 2015, 12:09 AM) *
Because things changed. Back then Italy was still the league where all the stuff, all the magic happened. You had great rivalries, you had teams like Milan and Inter spending serious money (for good players), you had the best defenses, the best midfielders, the best coaches. On top of it, Milan always offered a good (if not the best, at that time) shot for CL success. No wonder they stayed.

Now everything changed. Firstly the big money is elsewhere, secondly the big players are elsewhere. What's most important, Juventus reached their maximum last year with a shot to the CL trophy. You think Pogba would be satisfied with playing more "derbies" against the Milans and Inters of our present Serie A? Another "contest" with Roma for the title? Nah, he'll be soon off, off where all players want to be nowadays - Spain or England.

Bingo to infinity and beyond.
X-Offender
He can wish for the moon, but if Juve say no then he can't do anything about it. Unlike Pirlo and Tevez, Pogba is only 22. The fact that Juve sacrificed Vidal and have been rejecting 100M offers pretty much seals it. And how do you know they won't reach another CL final this year or next year? Besides, England right now is no better than Italy. Just because they spend more on average players means nothing.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 31 2015, 12:52 PM) *
He can wish for the moon, but if Juve say no then he can't do anything about it. Unlike Pirlo and Tevez, Pogba is only 22. The fact that Juve sacrificed Vidal and have been rejecting 100M offers pretty much seals it. And how do you know they won't reach another CL final this year or next year? Besides, England right now is no better than Italy. Just because they spend more on average players means nothing.

*cough* Raheem Sterling *cough*
Danny
PS Chelsea lining up an 80M bid now apparently.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 30 2015, 09:31 PM) *

You can't compare a big club with a team like Toro, everything is different, the way the team approaches games, the tactics, the system, etc.

Why does a player like Cerci excel at Toro but fails miserably at every top club he's gone to? Why do strikers like Gila, Matri, Di Vaio, Pazzini, Tavano, etc excel at their mid level clubs where service and opportunities are at a premium but are generally lacklustre at bigger clubs with better players behind them where they are given more to play off of?

Toro play a certain way, they are generally a counterattacking side. Meaning when they do attack they have more space to work in. At Milan we're trying to play a possession based system when we don't have the players for it. It's why Bertolacci for example looks seriously terrible, because he's not a good passer or a visionary on the ball. He's great at vertical runs into space and being the extra man in the box, but when it comes to possession football he's more of a liability for us.

Sure you're right, it has to do with mentality as well. But for me the major problem is that Silvio wants the team to play in a certain way when we don't have the players for it. His little mind that's stuck in the 80s still thinks that playing attractive football has all to do with the attack. But that's imo the least important factor in it. This is the guy who admires Pep and his past Barca side. How can you watch that team play and still think that midfield is not the most crucial department for any top side is beyond me.

And btw, we can thank Allegri for this idea of by-passing the midfield to score, because this has been going on since his first season with us, only back then we could punt the ball in the general direction of Ibra and he'd do the rest

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 30 2015, 10:01 PM) *
Really?

Whole of last season:

I personally don't think it's an issue of overrating him, for me Pogba is one of the best young talents out there and at his age also one of the best in the world at what he does as well.

However, as I said, Juve will lose him anyway, it did not make sense to sell Vidal, one of their most important players, for so little when they could have probably made triple that for Pogba, who they will end up selling next summer anyway

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 30 2015, 11:53 PM) *
Maybe not 10 years, but why not 6-7? Kaká stayed with us for 7 seasons despite many lucrative offers. Same with Sheva.

Do you really have to ask that question? Fillipo answered it best. What top player in today's football wants Serie A over England or Spain, or heck even Germany when Bayern come calling
X-Offender
You all make it sound so simple...
acid911
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 31 2015, 10:36 PM) *
You all make it sound so simple...

To be honest, it's not all terribly complicated, either. unsure.gif
X-Offender
Juventus are a top club. Who gives a sh*t what offers come from England or Spain! Unlike Tevez, Pogba is a project for them, the kind of talent you build your team around. And it's not like they're in desperate need for money. If offers of +100M come though, who wouldn't accept? You could sign 3-4 top players and rebuild your team from scratch, like they did after they sold Zidane.

It's a win-win situation for them. Hence, why they kept him instead of Vidal.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.