Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [EL] UEFA Europa League 2015–16
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Fillipo Simone
So I hear Samp got beaten by Vojvodina 4-0. Great, just great. It's the typical Italian performances back again.
X-Offender
Yeah, that was quite shocking. At home, nonetheless.
han2503
To think, if Italian sides perform like they did last season in Europe and England had an other iffy season, Italy would take them over in the co-efficient. But alas, it looks like Italian sides will once again shoot themselves in the foot
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 31 2015, 12:42 PM) *
To think, if Italian sides perform like they did last season in Europe and England had an other iffy season, Italy would take them over in the co-efficient.

Really hope that happens.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 31 2015, 02:16 PM) *

It all depends on how things go this season.

I read an article a little while ago that describes exactly what needs to happen for this.

Basically it all has to do with how UEFA tally the points system over the course of the past 5 years. So when the 11/12 points are wiped away at the end of next season Italy could be ahead based on how both countries do this season.
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 31 2015, 01:16 PM) *

Wouldn't that make participation for Villa near-impossible?
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 31 2015, 02:53 PM) *

You really see Villa ever getting a shot at the CL when there are already 6 teams in the EPL who can realistically get a CL spot?
X-Offender
I think Danny was pulling one there, or not? unsure.gif
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 31 2015, 03:58 PM) *
I think Danny was pulling one there, or not? unsure.gif

Sounded serious to me...

For me if you don't use some sort of smilie to indicate that you're being sarcastic or joking then you're being serious.

Sarcasm doesn't translate well when using just text
Danny
This thread's about the Europa League. Who said anything about UCL?
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 31 2015, 10:05 PM) *
This thread's about the Europa League. Who said anything about UCL?

I think we assumed that because we were talking about the 4 CL spots.

But even when talking about EL spots, doubt Villa really have a chance considering all the competition in the EPL. As I said, there are already 6 teams who have very realistic shots at the CL spots and 8-9 for all the European places.

For an outsider from those 8 to 9 clubs to make it into the European places you'd have to have a season where one of the big clubs completely falls apart like Man U did under Moyes, which I don't think will happen again anytime soon
Danny
No one was talking about UCL. Only European co-efficients and in reference to Samp in the UEL.

This thread is about UEL. Not UCL.

How many times do I need to reaffirm this biggrin.gif
Fillipo Simone
What needs to happen for Italy to snatch the 3rd spot?
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 1 2015, 10:47 AM) *
What needs to happen for Italy to snatch the 3rd spot?

A miracle.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 1 2015, 10:47 AM) *
No one was talking about UCL. Only European co-efficients and in reference to Samp in the UEL.

This thread is about UEL. Not UCL.

How many times do I need to reaffirm this biggrin.gif

We were talking about the co-efficient and how Italy could overtake England, meaning 4th CL place for us. At least that was what I was initially talking about...

@ Filippo, another great year for Italy like last season and a so so one for England would do the trick, but it's a long shot
Danny
Co-efficient refers to all European places, not just UCL.

And since Kurt wanted England to lose a place and Italy to gain one, it puzzled me given that remote chance of Villa getting a UEL slot would become even more unlikely.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 1 2015, 12:57 PM) *
Co-efficient refers to all European places, not just UCL.

And since Kurt wanted England to lose a place and Italy to gain one, it puzzled me given that remote chance of Villa getting a UEL slot would become even more unlikely.

True, but I guess I was mostly thinking about the CL places when I was talking about that because they're what really matter to us.

And as for Villa, like I said before, do they even have a chance now? Even when they do have the 7(?) spots? I think the EPL has far too much competition for an outsider to swoop in for one of those places.

It's not as easy as it is in Spain, Italy or even more so Germany
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 31 2015, 03:53 PM) *

It's impossible now, it'll still be impossible. Premier League has financial rules in place to ensure, miracles aside, only their money makers can get in.
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 1 2015, 07:17 PM) *
It's impossible now, it'll still be impossible. Premier League has financial rules in place to ensure, miracles aside, only their money makers can get in.

Hull made it. And that wasn't a miracle.

West Ham made it. Wasn't a miracle.
han2503
Lazio and Fiorentina both holding a 1 goal lead atm
William405
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 17 2015, 10:42 PM) *
Lazio and Fiorentina both holding a 1 goal lead atm

Lazio ended up drawing and Fiorentina lost..
han2503
QUOTE (William405 @ Sep 18 2015, 06:49 AM) *
Lazio ended up drawing and Fiorentina lost..

dry.gif dry.gif

Italian sides struggling against the likes of Basel and Dnipro... And these are supposed to be teams which are on the second tier of the league and supposedly hopefuls to get CL football as well.
X-Offender
Lazio are mediocre right now. Bad form and missing a few key players. Plus they were playing last year' finalists. Fiorentina shouldn't have lost, though.
kurtsimonw
Looks like the end for Serie A clubs
X-Offender
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 17 2016, 07:16 PM) *
Looks like the end for Serie A clubs

Didn't hold much hope in Lazio. They're crap.
Jack Sparrow
If ever there is a more confused management than Milan. It is Lazio. biggrin.gif
han2503
And that's the end to the hope of taking that spot off of England as well
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 19 2016, 08:28 AM) *
And that's the end to the hope of taking that spot off of England as well

Yep. dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.