Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Milan Stadium
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
han2503
It's official, so I thought it was deserving of its own thread

The Fondazione Fiera has selected the Milan stadium project for the Portello area

CrazyMilanFan
i think that we are moving in the right direction now. This is vital step for the long term future of the club

amancik
Great news!
Danny
Two aspects of note:

1: From the outside it's a clear homage to the San Siro.

2: Inside it looks like the Juve stadium just in our colours.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 8 2015, 11:20 AM) *
Two aspects of note:

1: From the outside it's a clear homage to the San Siro.

2: Inside it looks like the Juve stadium just in our colours.

I personally don't see the homage aspect you're pointing out. Looks nothing like San Siro to me.

And don't most new stadiums have that generic feel to them from the inside?
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 8 2015, 01:27 PM) *
I personally don't see the homage aspect you're pointing out. Looks nothing like San Siro to me.

The four grey rectangle stantions at the side and 3 at the ends look like modernisations of the 3 grey towers per side and 2 per end of the San Siro, IMHO.

And don't most new stadiums have that generic feel to them from the inside?

If you look at say four of the most significant new stadiums in the past 20 years - Wembley, Emirates, Etihad, Juve - they all look very different to each each other inside. But this Milan Arena definitely has most in common with Juve's ground. I'm not saying that's a bad thing - different times to the way they were, but it's a little underwhelming that it doesn't look that different in these prototype images.
Fillipo Simone
I hear that Standford Bridge is a model stadium for the new Milan home from a economical aspect, while Basel, Bilbao and the Emirates stadium serve as urbanistic examples.

Link

Now I'm pretty sure the stadium will be called "Emirates Milano" or something like this, but just for the sake of argument: what do you guys think of the oldfashioned stadium names? Are they outdated? What would you suggest to call the new Milan stadium if all options would be possible?
X-Offender
Stadio Silvio Berlusconi. tongue.gif
han2503
Stadio Bunga Bunga
X-Offender
laugh.gif
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 9 2015, 12:56 PM) *
Stadio Bunga Bunga

Avoid the creche.
amancik
In my language, it would be the Flowers Stadium which is not as bad as what it actually refers to haha.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 9 2015, 02:24 PM) *
Avoid the creche.

The what?
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 9 2015, 05:18 PM) *
The what?

Ha, thought that might trip up the non-primary English speakers.

It's a French word widely used in English for the little common rooms at places where parents leave their young children in the hands of supervisors while they get a badly-needed break.

I was subtly hinting here at Silvio's preference for under-agers.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 9 2015, 06:29 PM) *
Ha, thought that might trip up the non-primary English speakers.

It's a French word widely used in English for the little common rooms at places where parents leave their young children in the hands of supervisors while they get a badly-needed break.

I was subtly hinting here at Silvio's preference for under-agers.

Ha! We also call it that, but it's usually for children who are orphans.

Anyway, when I first read it, I was like, what's Danny on about now with child care institute mentions
Fillipo Simone
Well, for once, I'm really interested in serious answers and not the typically endless Milanfan off-topic business.
William405
It's pointless IMO Pippo, it's going to be called according to the main sponsor of the stadium which you mentioned. In the Mihajlovic press conference, Berlusconi mentioned there being several investors.

I don't think an old fashioned name would fit the urban style of the stadium. It's all modern style.
Danny
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 9 2015, 07:30 PM) *
Well, for once, I'm really interested in serious answers and not the typically endless Milanfan off-topic business.

And for once it wasn't me who derailed the thread.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (William405 @ Jul 9 2015, 10:45 PM) *
I don't think an old fashioned name would fit the urban style of the stadium. It's all modern style.

Why? You've gotta think about it from different angles. Urban stadiums (meaning sport facilities integrated with the core of the city) ain't something new or completely modern. Several Italian cities (and European altogether) have stadiums allocated in urban parts of a city.

I just hate those awful "Emirates", "AOL" or whatever names.
Danny
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 9 2015, 08:36 PM) *
Why? You've gotta think about it from different angles. Urban stadiums (meaning sport facilities integrated with the core of the city) ain't something new or completely modern. Several Italian cities (and European altogether) have stadiums allocated in urban parts of a city.

I just hate those awful "Emirates", "AOL" or whatever names.

They're paying for those awful names. By essentially paying for the stadium. No one likes their stadium named after a brand, but that's the deal.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 9 2015, 08:30 PM) *

I was being serious. That's something I can totally see happening.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 9 2015, 11:47 PM) *
I was being serious. That's something I can totally see happening.

Well yeah, that's what Silvio would want and if it were up to him San Siro would no longer be called the Giuzeppe Meazza but the Silvio Berlusconi. His narcissism is off the charts so it's a no brainer in this case.

That being said, it's obvious that it's not an option when you have investors ready to pay big money for the construction, the deal would have to be that they have their brand name used as the stadium name

That being said, Emirates isn't a bad name to have. It's one of the few that for me is more than acceptable, only drawback being the Arsenal stadium already being named that.

At least it's better than a Reebok stadium or Adidas stadium or Ramen Noodles stadium.
X-Offender
It'll depend on the investors at the end of the day, those who will finance construction. I just hope it won't be called "Coca Cola Stadium" or something like that. laugh.gif
Fillipo Simone
Hmh, now I'm baffled. How is Emirates stadium better then Addidas stadium or even Coca-Cola stadium? What makes it better? What's the logic here?
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 10 2015, 11:00 AM) *
Hmh, now I'm baffled. How is Emirates stadium better then Addidas stadium or even Coca-Cola stadium? What makes it better? What's the logic here?

Don't know, it's just me. Emirates to me just sounds better than Coca-Cola or Adidas
Fillipo Simone
But why? Adidas is at least our kit manufacturer for decades. What does Fly Emirates got to do with Milan other then money and sponsor deals?
Danny
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 10 2015, 12:23 PM) *
But why? Adidas is at least our kit manufacturer for decades. What does Fly Emirates got to do with Milan other then money and sponsor deals?

Dunno, ask Allianz what they have to do with Bayern?

Welcome to 2015, friend.
X-Offender
Coca-Cola Stadium is just silly-sounding.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 10 2015, 03:30 PM) *
Dunno, ask Allianz what they have to do with Bayern?

Welcome to 2015, friend.

Good god, I understand this perfectly. Just that Adidas has more to do with us then Emirates, that's my logic.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 10 2015, 01:23 PM) *

Nah man, it has nothing to do with logic, just the way it sounds for me.

Don't know why but I like Emirates stadium more as a name than Stadio Adidas for example, or Stadio Coca Cola (who don't sponsor us as far as I know so that's one silly stadium name off the list)
Danny
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 10 2015, 12:46 PM) *
Good god, I understand this perfectly. Just that Adidas has more to do with us then Emirates, that's my logic.

Emirates are the ones with the money though, not Adidas. Adidas clearly see their role limited to kit supplier. Whereas Emirates are the ones sponsoring the living daylights out of us.

The 'relevance' of the brands, sadly, has no bearing on anything.
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 10 2015, 01:38 PM) *
Nah man, it has nothing to do with logic, just the way it sounds for me.

Don't know why but I like Emirates stadium more as a name than Stadio Adidas for example, or Stadio Coca Cola (who don't sponsor us as far as I know so that's one silly stadium name off the list)

I'd like to see Apple sponsor Rangers. iBrox.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 10 2015, 02:59 PM) *
I'd like to see Apple sponsor Rangers. iBrox.

biggrin.gif that's a good one
Rossoneri7
The naming rights on the stadium is on who invests in it. So if Silvio invested the majority, he could rightfully go for Silvio Berlusconi Stadium.

I couldn't care less what they end up naming it with, just that it is something more civilized than San Siro to take my family to from time to time. Making it a friendly environment with good seating and incorporating technology of our era would definitely have people packing the stadium. That is what I want to see. Also I want a section fully dedicated to families, where guys dont get access to with their buddies, only families. In that sense, I think we can get more exposure as a club to that type of demand (families) for tickets.

Then the design, I'd expect it to be distinctive to the area or city of Milan. But of course technology and efficiency will be the focus imho. I would like for them to build a unique stadium, one which houses CL semi finals.

Then on the surrounding area, I am eager to hear their plans ... I know Casa Milan is in close proximity. Man city bought the surrounding areas adjacent to their stadium and are building developments and attraction there; which is a good mix between income and strengthening/increasing brand of milan.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.