Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mihajlović
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
Fillipo Simone
All talk on our new coach here. I won't say welcome, because for the first time in my life I really feel ashamed for Milan.
X-Offender
Ashamed? huh.gif
Fillipo Simone
Yes. Mihajlović openly supports nationalist Chetnik culture and had friends like Arkan who are now considered war criminals. I'm very ashamed that we appointed him as our coach because not everything is about just footballing aspects here.
X-Offender
Really? That's messed up. But oh well, not everything is just about football, but most of it is anyway. After all, the guy that brought us to the top of the world is a corrupt and failed politician who sleeps with underaged girls and has ties to the mafia underworld. Not exactly a role model either.
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 19 2015, 12:46 PM) *
Yes. Mihajlović openly supports nationalist Chetnik culture and had friends like Arkan who are now considered war criminals. I'm very ashamed that we appointed him as our coach because not everything is about just footballing aspects here.

As an Albanian, I feel ashamed too, and cant support him.

For X Off: http://www.telegrafi.com/sport/trajneri-i-...-5-0-68376.html
han2503
I won't get into the political/human aspect of Mihajlovic, but I'm personally not happy that we chose someone like him who's only success is leading mid-table teams, to mid-table.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 19 2015, 01:00 PM) *
Really? That's messed up. But oh well, not everything is just about football, but most of it is anyway. After all, the guy that brought us to the top of the world is a corrupt and failed politician who sleeps with underaged girls and has ties to the mafia underworld. Not exactly a role model either.

I still think it's different, Berlusconi and Mihajlović that is. And even if it was the same; Berlu at least is a shrewd businessman who can be called one of the best club presidents in the world overall. Mihajlović on the other hand is average at best. I he'd won the CL or Serie A I'd understand why we've reached out for this guy. But he hasn't.
Danny
Mihajlovic is where we are. We can't attract a Carlo, or a Jose, or even a Hiddink. We're limited to very average coaches, of which Sini is probably the best.

I have no interest in his politics, if I did I'd judge a few Milan players differently too. That's a non-issue for me.

But he did kind of admit it himself - there's no one else in Italy who wants to coach Milan more. What he meant was he's the best one who does want to coach us.
William405
QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 28 2015, 01:25 PM) *
Mihajlovic is where we are. We can't attract a Carlo, or a Jose, or even a Hiddink. We're limited to very average coaches, of which Sini is probably the best.

I have no interest in his politics, if I did I'd judge a few Milan players differently too. That's a non-issue for me.

But he did kind of admit it himself - there's no one else in Italy who wants to coach Milan more. What he meant was he's the best one who does want to coach us.

Yeah, true. One of those would be Abbiati, I guess, no?

Agreed on the second point as well. I'm really not thrilled about him, but I'll give him a chance! Certainly he is more tactically astute than Inzaghi. People over here are making the point that he's a middle table coach, but let's not forget that Conte coached a Serie B team before going to Juventus..and that turned out alright for them.

Also, welcome back dude. smile.gif
Danny
QUOTE (William405 @ Jun 28 2015, 07:43 PM) *
Yeah, true. One of those would be Abbiati, I guess, no?

Yup.

Agreed on the second point as well. I'm really not thrilled about him, but I'll give him a chance! Certainly he is more tactically astute than Inzaghi. People over here are making the point that he's a middle table coach, but let's not forget that Conte coached a Serie B team before going to Juventus..and that turned out alright for them.

Fair point. Fact is compared with Pippo and Clarence he has actual managerial experience. Ok he's not done great things but he's been solid and what I'd call a safe pair of hands at most the teams he's been at. Maybe we'll see more from him given he has (in theory at least) bigger resources at Milan.

Also, welcome back dude. smile.gif

Thank you smile.gif
Ry4n
his press conference and unvieling is today lads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otbc0yO3NWA
Ry4n
Ok so we have 31 players on roster as of now and we will be letting 5 players go.
han2503
QUOTE (Ry4n @ Jul 3 2015, 09:47 AM) *
Ok so we have 31 players on roster as of now and we will be letting 5 players go.

I think it could be more...

Are you basing this on the 25-man squad Galliani said we'd have? (like he says every summer)
Ry4n
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 3 2015, 02:33 PM) *

Are you basing this on the 25-man squad Galliani said we'd have? (like he says every summer)

nah from what berlusconi said in that press conference an hour ago.

He said they will take it down to 25 players we are 31 right now including Adriano who we just bought, and we will bring in one what it looks like one more " big " player .

was somewhere at the beggning of that video at some point he starts reading off some paper about which players have left and who will be staying ect.

X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 3 2015, 10:33 AM) *

Fro what I know, new Serie A rules don't allow a team to have a roster of more than 25 players.
William405
Watching it now.

Though, read on football-italia that Mihajlovic might try El Sharaawy in midfield or on the wing. And, that Cerci and Bonaventura are ductile, and can play at several positions.
William405
QUOTE (Ry4n @ Jul 3 2015, 01:01 PM) *
nah from what berlusconi said in that press conference an hour ago.

He said they will take it down to 25 players we are 31 right now including Adriano who we just bought, and we will bring in one what it looks like one more " big " player .

was somewhere at the beggning of that video at some point he starts reading off some paper about which players have left and who will be staying ect.

Yeah true, though IMO, I don't think anything is exactly set in stone. Lots of changes could still happen.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.