Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FINALLY! - Serie A - Week 38 - Atalanta - Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
han2503
It's pointless to waste time on threads when there are barely any comments or even people watching at this point.

I'll update the thread title as the season goes

Anyway, we'll get pummelled with the way we're playing atm
X-Offender
Four more games to end our suffering.
han2503
Yep, think of this thread as if it were a count down
X-Offender
Wait, since Menez was banned for four games, that means his season is over. See you next year, f*cker.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 3 2015, 03:02 PM) *
Wait, since Menez was banned for four games, that means his season is over. See you next year, f*cker.

laugh.gif laugh.gif
han2503
The amount of suckage we're about to see in this game will reach epic proportions

DS off, Penalty to Napoli

Lopez saves
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 3 2015, 08:50 PM) *
The amount of suckage we're about to see in this game will reach epic proportions

DS off, Penalty to Napoli

Lopez saves

Great save by Lopez. Though both Higuain brothers miss more penalties than they should.
Linkman
Diego Lopez is a Godsend in this wreck of a team.

How have we survived so long without Napoli rolling over us? With a man down, even?
han2503
Lol, the fans getting seriously p!ssed off, I think they were expecting them to literally walk all over us considering how Samp and Genoa did the same thing, plus they have a man advantage
Linkman
lol @ Destro and Bona countering against 5 Napoli players
han2503
This is seriously the smartest game I've probably seen us play all season
Linkman
Maybe it's the all-new backline
han2503
QUOTE (Linkman @ May 3 2015, 08:37 PM) *
Maybe it's the all-new backline

Bochetti has been an utter nightmare, but Paletta and Alex are doing well so far.

I think it's more the fact that we're concentrated solely on defending.

When we try to attack we leave our entire defence exposed. We simply have no tactical plan in terms of how to attack, how to defend and how to transition.
Forza Milan!
Napoli is coming close way too often ...
X-Offender
Bonera, we missed you!
han2503
They finally score...
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 3 2015, 10:14 PM) *
They finally score...

Was coming, just a matter of time. What a horrible season!
Forza Milan!
And again ...
Forza Milan!
3-0

Worth mentioning, it all started once Bonera came on (3 goals in 6 minutes)
milanbuf88
So ugly. Such a waste of time
han2503
QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ May 3 2015, 09:21 PM) *
3-0

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Bochetti was awful anyway.

But on a serious note, the goal was coming no matter who was in there, just too much pressure, too long with a man down and it's not like we're stellar with 11 men anyway
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ May 3 2015, 10:22 PM) *
So ugly. Such a waste of time

Indeed. Enough of this, have work to do.
han2503
What a sad sad state we're in
Danny
I'm literally left with nothing to say.

Right now the soul of this club is absolutely dead.

The sole redeeming aspects of this season are avoiding relegation, and Diego Lopez.

I don't expect us to ever get back to the 'Seedorf' Milan as it were, but we are so far off even contending for 5-10th in the table.

btw @Han - you were spot on about Destro. That signing hasn't worked out, and though I think you were harsh in criticism of his ability, your main point was about our inability to make chances. In a better team he'd thrive, we're making him look absolutely horrible.
Danny
QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ May 3 2015, 08:21 PM) *
3-0

I support Rangers.

Lee McCulloch (that's the 98 year old striker in defence, Han) came on with 10 minutes to go when we were 2-0 up yesterday. Finished 2-2.

I feel like Rangers and Milan are this never ending mirroring nightmare who somehow feed off each other's shitness through like some mad chaos theory butterfly effect - both managed by legends who ended up being fucking horrible (Ally McCoist Rangers, Pippo Milan - both, ironically enough, strikers), both won the title in 2011 and both have crumpled to absolutely revoltingly embarrassing levels of horror in the last 4 years.

I must have done something really horrible to deserve this sh*t.
X-Offender
Why do you guy torture yourselves with this crap? I watched about 10 minutes of the second half and couldn't fathom a single more second. This season is literally over for us.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 3 2015, 09:02 PM) *
Why do you guy torture yourselves with this crap?

Same reason Jesus self-flaggelated - devotion.
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 3 2015, 11:02 PM) *
Why do you guy torture yourselves with this crap? I watched about 10 minutes of the second half and couldn't fathom a single more second. This season is literally over for us.

I lasted a little longer than that, but gave up before the end.
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 3 2015, 10:23 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif

Bochetti was awful anyway.

But on a serious note, the goal was coming no matter who was in there, just too much pressure, too long with a man down and it's not like we're stellar with 11 men anyway

Agree it was bound to happen. It did look like we kind of fell apart, though.
X-Offender
Tonight the team gave a demonstration of solidity. With one man down the game could have resulted in a very heavy loss.

In the first half we were good, but in the second we suffered and the game ended when we conceded the first goal.

Tonight the team re-found the Milan spirit.

We have endured many injuries from January onwards. Tonight someone like Montolivo would have given us personalty.

Pippo, the season is over, you're going to lose your job soon. What's the point in spewing bullshit like this? It just makes you look even more like a fool.
Danny
Yup, we miss Monto...
Linkman
So what's next?

Pippo gets sacked: who's the next club legend for us to defile? Paolo? Costacurta? Will we force Kaká into retirement and have him coach like we did Seedorf?

It's sort of like Survivor here.
rip
Since January, I havent watched a single match of Milan. mainly because I know i would want to smash my TV cos of Menez. Its not only Pippo to blame, if Menez knew how to pass we would be in a better position.

On top of that Allegri won the Serie A title puke.gif
X-Offender
Apparently De Sciglio's red card was the fastest in Serie A's history.
Fillipo Simone
Also undeserved, but well.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 4 2015, 09:50 AM) *
Also undeserved, but well.

Undeserved? It was a deserved red card if I've ever seen one. Blatant foul, tackle from behind, with Hamsik in front of goal.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 4 2015, 12:57 PM) *
Undeserved? It was a deserved red card if I've ever seen one. Blatant foul, tackle from behind, with Hamsik in front of goal.

Think yellow would have sufficed. The tackle missed the ball and MDS wasn't the last men there.
X-Offender
You could say it was harsh because it was barely a minute in the game, but you can't say it was undeserved.
Danny
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 4 2015, 10:13 AM) *
Think yellow would have sufficed. The tackle missed the ball and MDS wasn't the last men there.

Didn't need to be - goalscoring opportunity.

Blatant penalty and red card.

Them's the rules. You no longer have to be the last man.
Danny
QUOTE (Linkman @ May 4 2015, 01:12 AM) *
So what's next?

Pippo gets sacked: who's the next club legend for us to defile? Paolo? Costacurta? Will we force Kaká into retirement and have him coach like we did Seedorf?

It's sort of like Survivor here.

Pippo was today confirmed till the end of the season.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ May 3 2015, 09:42 PM) *
I'm literally left with nothing to say.

Right now the soul of this club is absolutely dead.

The sole redeeming aspects of this season are avoiding relegation, and Diego Lopez.

I don't expect us to ever get back to the 'Seedorf' Milan as it were, but we are so far off even contending for 5-10th in the table.

btw @Han - you were spot on about Destro. That signing hasn't worked out, and though I think you were harsh in criticism of his ability, your main point was about our inability to make chances. In a better team he'd thrive, we're making him look absolutely horrible.

Re; Destro, yes I was harsh, I'm personally not a fan of that type of striker to begin with, add to that the fact that we're a sterile team who struggle to create scoring opportunities and it was a clear recipe for failure.

However, I do concede that he has impressed me with the scraps he's been having to live off of. He works his @ss off and when he does get a sniff of goal he always makes sure that he uses it well. Which is a lot more than can be said of others like Menez who are more concerned with personal glory

QUOTE (Danny @ May 4 2015, 12:26 PM) *
Pippo was today confirmed till the end of the season.

Pointless to remove him at this point, we can't get relegated, we can't make it into Europe. Let's just finish the season out and not tarnish Pippo even more by dismissing him while the season is still on-going.
Danny
FYI Ibra has reportedly stated he'd come back to Milan under new ownership.
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 4 2015, 11:42 AM) *
Re; Destro, yes I was harsh, I'm personally not a fan of that type of striker to begin with, add to that the fact that we're a sterile team who struggle to create scoring opportunities and it was a clear recipe for failure.

However, I do concede that he has impressed me with the scraps he's been having to live off of. He works his @ss off and when he does get a sniff of goal he always makes sure that he uses it well. Which is a lot more than can be said of others like Menez who are more concerned with personal glory

Oh absolutely, I can see the glimpses of quality when the guy gets the occasional scrap. I really like him and think he'd be a great player in a better Milan. But is there anything more infuriating when he gets taken off for Pazzo?

Pointless to remove him at this point, we can't get relegated, we can't make it into Europe. Let's just finish the season out and not tarnish Pippo even more by dismissing him while the season is still on-going.

Oh he's tarnishing himself better than anything the club could do.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ May 4 2015, 01:21 PM) *
Oh absolutely, I can see the glimpses of quality when the guy gets the occasional scrap. I really like him and think he'd be a great player in a better Milan. But is there anything more infuriating when he gets taken off for Pazzo?

Oh he's tarnishing himself better than anything the club could do.

Still, Roma imo want too much for him, if he was valued at a better price I'd say he'd be a good investment for a better Milan as he would be prolific in a team that creates more

Sure, Pippo has been a nightmare, his comments in the press have been embarrassing and for me, I feel like he's out of touch with reality, especially the comments about how he'd like to stay on for next season

But in terms of firing him during the season, with barely a handful of games to go is pointless
Danny
Yeah, even I don't see the point firing him. But I do find his invulnerability to public criticism from the club hypocritical given how Barbara essentially publicly fired Allegri. Pippo seems to get away with more given who he is.

As for Destro, given Tevez cost Juve £12M but he's a lot older then I'd agree £15M or whatever it is for Destro is a tad much. But young Italian internationals cost more than they're technically worth, just like young Spaniards and English players.

Immobile, who I understand you like, cost Dortmund £15.5M. That, for either he or Destro, is a tad high. But that IS the going rate for such players.

We got £16M for the pile of crap that is Balo FFS biggrin.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ May 4 2015, 08:52 PM) *
Yeah, even I don't see the point firing him. But I do find his invulnerability to public criticism from the club hypocritical given how Barbara essentially publicly fired Allegri. Pippo seems to get away with more given who he is.

As for Destro, given Tevez cost Juve £12M but he's a lot older then I'd agree £15M or whatever it is for Destro is a tad much. But young Italian internationals cost more than they're technically worth, just like young Spaniards and English players.

Immobile, who I understand you like, cost Dortmund £15.5M. That, for either he or Destro, is a tad high. But that IS the going rate for such players.

We got £16M for the pile of crap that is Balo FFS biggrin.gif

Actually, I'm not that particularly fond of Immobile, I just rate him slightly higher than Destro.

As for Balo, I think he's better than both, hands down, the doubts were never about his abilities imo as he is a player who can single handedly win you games when he's playing well. Neither Destro or Immobile could do that

As for Tevez. I think his abilities are unquestionable, imo he's a top class striker. But, he was having issues at Man City which is why Juve got him for the price that they did
X-Offender
Balo? Who's that?
Danny
So Roma tomorrow, another defeat looms, and a serious risk of falling into the bottom 6 or so places. We won't get relegated but this season has smashed every bad record in the book, and quite simply is the worst season in the history of our club, including '82 where we were essentially a promoted side (relegated from the first Calciopoli scandal, dubbed Totonero, for those who know their history) who got relegated again.

For what this squad SHOULD have achieved, maybe top 5, thanks to gross mismanagement from the worst manager in our history, we will be incredibly lucky to finish 10th.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ May 8 2015, 02:45 PM) *
So Roma tomorrow, another defeat looms, and a serious risk of falling into the bottom 6 or so places. We won't get relegated but this season has smashed every bad record in the book, and quite simply is the worst season in the history of our club, including '82 where we were essentially a promoted side (relegated from the first Calciopoli scandal, dubbed Totonero, for those who know their history) who got relegated again.

For what this squad SHOULD have achieved, maybe top 5, thanks to gross mismanagement from the worst manager in our history, we will be incredibly lucky to finish 10th.

Too true.

Looking back to when we started, I was somewhat optimistic that we would do well.

Imo, we're a decent enough side for top 3 in this very underwhelming Serie A. Juve being the only team that are clear winners. I thought if we performed well, which Pippo imo had us fooled that he'd manage to motivate the team to do so, I was sure we'd be able to do that. Especially considering how all the other contenders have been so inconsistent, Roma included.

Looking back now, you have to wonder how he managed to do so poorly. The amount of points we lost to far more inferior sides is just astounding.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 8 2015, 06:26 PM) *
Too true.

Looking back to when we started, I was somewhat optimistic that we would do well.

Imo, we're a decent enough side for top 3 in this very underwhelming Serie A. Juve being the only team that are clear winners. I thought if we performed well, which Pippo imo had us fooled that he'd manage to motivate the team to do so, I was sure we'd be able to do that. Especially considering how all the other contenders have been so inconsistent, Roma included.

Looking back now, you have to wonder how he managed to do so poorly. The amount of points we lost to far more inferior sides is just astounding.

Good God, here you go again han with your top 3 story tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

Sure, Inzaghi did really poorly. No question.
But I don't think this team has what it takes to be 3rd, even in Serie A. Juventus and Roma are evidently better. I'd say Napoli has at least one match-winner (be it Hamšik or Higuain) more. We should be somewhere around 4th and 7th in my book.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.