AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
han2503
Who: U.S. Città di Palermo vs. A.C. Milan

Where: Stadio Renzo Barbera

When:
4th April 2015 @ 3:00pm CET

Head-to-Head Record

Danny
Haven't won two in a row since October last year. Have only won away twice. Can't see us doing it again tomorrow. Might be below us in the table but we haven't managed a single away win other than the almost equally disgusting Parma & HV. The latter was, btw, the last time we won away. October 19th.

'Embarrassing' doesn't cover it.
X-Offender
Honda is out for two weeks. Essien also unavailable, on top of the usual SES, Monto etc.

Interesting case: Muntari has asked to be left at home because apparently he's not part of the club's future plans.

Link

Yay! biggrin.gif

Mediaset line-up: D. Lopez; Abate, Paletta, Mexes, Antonelli; Van Ginkel, De Jong, Bonaventura; Cerci, Destro, Menez

Would love to see Suso come on at some point.
Danny
Yes, it's been confirmed. Muntari is exiting to QPR, West Ham or MLS next season.

The Berlusconi sale story is also confirmed, it looks like Chinese billionaires are taking us over but unfortunately Silvio will remain 'honourary president'.

Last but not least Carlo has confirmed if he leaves Real, he won't go back into club management for anyone other than us.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 3 2015, 10:09 PM) *
Last but not least Carlo has confirmed if he leaves Real, he won't go back into club management for anyone other than us.

Whatevert translation you read, they were lying. Here's the full interview in Italian and he makes no such claim. He only says that Milan is the only club he'd like to return one day.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 3 2015, 09:30 PM) *
Whatevert translation you read, they were lying. Here's the full interview in Italian and he makes no such claim. He only says that Milan is the only club he'd like to return one day.

tbh I read it in a rush and may easily have misinterpreted it. Yes, if he was ever to return to a Club he's already managed at, the only one he would go to would be us.

Given he's getting sacked this summer it's not even that outlandish a concept.

Apparently Emery is being tied down to a new deal at Valencia.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 3 2015, 04:06 PM) *
Haven't won two in a row since October last year. Have only won away twice. Can't see us doing it again tomorrow. Might be below us in the table but we haven't managed a single away win other than the almost equally disgusting Parma & HV. The latter was, btw, the last time we won away. October 19th.

'Embarrassing' doesn't cover it.

My God those facts are shameful...

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 3 2015, 05:12 PM) *
Honda is out for two weeks. Essien also unavailable, on top of the usual SES, Monto etc.

Interesting case: Muntari has asked to be left at home because apparently he's not part of the club's future plans.

Link

Yay! biggrin.gif

Mediaset line-up: D. Lopez; Abate, Paletta, Mexes, Antonelli; Van Ginkel, De Jong, Bonaventura; Cerci, Destro, Menez

Would love to see Suso come on at some point.

Time to PAAARTAY!!! fiesta.gif
X-Offender
Mediaset update: D. Lopez; Abate, Paletta, Mexes, Antonelli; Van Ginkel, De Jong, Poli; Cerci, Menez, Bonaventura

Yes, let's ruin things by playing Bona as winger and adding more muscle and less brains in midfield. Oh, and Menez as false 9... Brilliant Pippo, just brilliant.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 4 2015, 10:20 AM) *
Mediaset update: D. Lopez; Abate, Paletta, Mexes, Antonelli; Van Ginkel, De Jong, Poli; Cerci, Menez, Bonaventura

Yes, let's ruin things by playing Bona as winger and adding more muscle and less brains in midfield. Oh, and Menez as false 9... Brilliant Pippo, just brilliant.

I see Destro is already black listed even after managing 2 goals in this idealess team that leaves him stranded 99% of the time

A couple of changes and this could actually look half decent, but no, let's just ruin it for the sake of sh!ts and giggles
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 4 2015, 10:54 AM) *

I see Destro is already black listed even after managing 2 goals in this idealess team that leaves him stranded 99% of the time

A couple of changes and this could actually look half decent, but no, let's just ruin it for the sake of sh!ts and giggles

There's a reason Pippo is officially and statistically the worst manager we've ever had.

And that's only one of them.

Boom boom.
X-Offender
Sky says Bona will play in midfield. Let's hope so.
X-Offender
God, the team is so disjointed.
han2503
WTF are they doing?
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 4 2015, 02:25 PM) *
WTF are they doing?

What they've been doing all season.
han2503
Cerci!!!!
X-Offender
CERCI!!!
X-Offender
Lucky.

Bona and MvG have been terrible in midfield. Poli should come in.
Danny
From what little I've managed to make out on my disgusting stream, we started hopelessly but did grow into it, and while Cerci's goal was maybe the worst I've ever seen, it was just about deserved.

It's not been a bad match really, and if we win today it will give us a huge boost.

Also occurs that there's quite a lot of players out there good enough for 'Milan class' - IMHO guys like Menez, Destro, De Jong, Abate, Lopez and maybe Antonelli are genuinely good enough to build around. As long as a glut of top-class players come in as well, of course.

It won't be Maldini, Kaka, and Sheva of old, but that Milan is gone and this is a new age.

And we DESPERATELY need a manager who has some idea what he's doing.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 4 2015, 02:52 PM) *
From what little I've managed to make out on my disgusting stream, we started hopelessly but did grow into it, and while Cerci's goal was maybe the worst I've ever seen, it was just about deserved.

It's not been a bad match really, and if we win today it will give us a huge boost.

Also occurs that there's quite a lot of players out there good enough for 'Milan class' - IMHO guys like Menez, Destro, De Jong, Abate, Lopez and maybe Antonelli are genuinely good enough to build around. As long as a glut of top-class players come in as well, of course.

It won't be Maldini, Kaka, and Sheva of old, but that Milan is gone and this is a new age.

And we DESPERATELY need a manager who has some idea what he's doing.

Really?

Thought Palermo were the much better team, Dybala was making our entire midfield and defence look like utter idiots

Palermo are a far better team than us
X-Offender
Yeah, I thought Palermo were the better side, too.
X-Offender
It wasn't offside, was it?
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 4 2015, 03:15 PM) *
It wasn't offside, was it?

The Destro goal?

Can't tell... They haven't shown it from a decent angle

Penalty to Palermo rolleyes.gif
han2503
1-1
X-Offender
Paletta is trash.
han2503
MENEZZZZZ
X-Offender
YAY!!! Thought he was gonna miss.
han2503
Finally 2 wins on the bounce

Who do we have next week?
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 4 2015, 03:53 PM) *
Finally 2 wins on the bounce

Who do we have next week?

Samp at home.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 4 2015, 02:30 PM) *
Paletta is trash.

I don't agree. That was the only error he made in 90 minutes.

Menez bailed him out with a wunder goal, and overall I felt it was a deserved win.

Our most significant victory of this season, for sure. We've beaten a very decent team away from home.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 4 2015, 03:58 PM) *
I don't agree. That was the only error he made in 90 minutes.

I don't like him.

QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 4 2015, 03:58 PM) *
Our most significant victory of this season, for sure. We've beaten a very decent team away from home.

Meh, Palermo are from decent. They're Empoli level. But yeah, very important win. Fifth place currently is only 6 points away.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 4 2015, 03:01 PM) *
I don't like him.

You almost sound like you have a bib on tongue.gif

fwiw I'm nowhere near the fan of him I was pre-signing. He's been far from terrific for us, but today's defence looked pretty good and limited Palermo in shots and chances.

Meh, Palermo are from decent. They're Empoli level. But yeah, very important win. Fifth place currently is only 6 points away.

Is this what we do now? If we lose we insult Milan and use our opponents' level against us, and if we win we insult Milan and claim our opponent was rubbish?!
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 4 2015, 04:06 PM) *
Is this what we do now? If we lose we insult Milan and use our opponents' level against us, and if we win we insult Milan and claim our opponent was rubbish?!

Wait wait wait, are you seriously throwing this at me after what you said when we won against Cagliari? And where I praised our performance.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 21 2015, 10:42 PM) *
3-1 FT

Deserved victory, despite that terrible penalty call. We were excellent in the first half (after we scored), so-so in the second. But I saw a lot of grit and determination tonight, something which we have been lacking since the start of the season.

QUOTE (Danny @ Mar 22 2015, 12:03 AM) *
Wish I felt the elation you guys do after we played some reasonable football against the second bottom side.

This is how low we've sunk.

sleep.gif
Danny
Difference between Cagliari and Palermo is Cagliari ARE rubbish wink.gif

Palermo might not be Juve but Cagliari at home v Palermo away are two very different opponents.

Palermo have lost 3 matches at homes all season. To Juve, Lazio, and us.

Just think dismissing the result and performance today holds a lot less water than that of dismissing beating the second bottom team. Which I didn't completely do, just didn't really feel joy at it. I feel a lot more satisfaction from today's result.

But two wins in a row, it's literally the best run we've had all season. Although Pippo did his best to ruin it by taking off Menez and putting on Poli.
X-Offender
I don't consider Palermo a worthy opponent, though, that's the point. Sure, they are better than Cagliari, but still, prior to this game they had accumulated only two points in the last five games. They are in a terrible form, and us beating them at home isn't really something extraordinary. We didn't even play that well, to be honest.

That's how I genuinely feel. And really, I don't use the opponent's level against us when we lose. We lost to Fiorentina three weeks ago despite them playing like crap. I even mentioned it during the game:

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 16 2015, 08:42 PM) *
Fiorentina are so poor, but we're letting them hold possession. Need to step up a bit.
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 5 2015, 12:46 AM) *
I don't consider Palermo a worthy opponent, though, that's the point. Sure, they are better than Cagliari, but still, prior to this game they had accumulated only two points in the last five games. They are in a terrible form, and us beating them at home isn't really something extraordinary. We didn't even play that well, to be honest.

That's how I genuinely feel. And really, I don't use the opponent's level against us when we lose. We lost to Fiorentina three weeks ago despite them playing like crap. I even mentioned it during the game:

Looking at Serie A this year, I would struggle to identify "worth opponents" (other than Juve and possibly the two Roman teams). The problem is we have lost or tied far too many games against "unworthy opponents". Had we won just a handful of these, we would be competing for a CL spot now.

In any case, it is good to have won two in a row, but I seriously doubt this is a "trend". Feels more like chance than an actual improvement.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 4 2015, 10:46 PM) *

Won't lie, I've sort of lost track of what we're actually arguing about now. It almost looks like we agree...on whatever the subject actually is now.
Fillipo Simone
Okay, you guys agree but don't know on what topic exactly. Let's move on tongue.gif tongue.gif

I haven't see the game yet, only highlights. Can anyone tell me how on earth there was a chance for Palermo with 3 players completely left alone infront of Lopez? Where was our defense? How did this happen?
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 5 2015, 11:21 AM) *
Okay, you guys agree but don't know on what topic exactly. Let's move on tongue.gif tongue.gif

I haven't see the game yet, only highlights. Can anyone tell me how on earth there was a chance for Palermo with 3 players completely left alone infront of Lopez? Where was our defense? How did this happen?

One of their players cut our defense like butter, then there was a rebound and it just happened. We get caught like this very often. Remember how Cagliari scored?
Fillipo Simone
Yes, I do. Terrible thing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.