Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thai investor interested in Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Danny
Been quoted almost a billion Euros by Silvio. Clearly we're interested in selling now, albeit he can't afford the full price so wants shares.
X-Offender
€900 million is an insane price tag. How about €600 million, dear ol' Silvio?
d'Arc.LP
Bee Taechaubol: "I would like to buy Milan, but they want €900m. I can't meet that valuation, but..."

source: Sky
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 13 2014, 08:44 AM) *
€900 million is an insane price tag. How about €600 million, dear ol' Silvio?

Milan, despite our precious current mess, is still a gigantic brand, and we're definitely worth that kind of money commercially. But it's not our 'football' value in terms of how good we are right now, and your 600 is probably fair in that context.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 13 2014, 01:12 PM) *
Milan, despite our precious current mess, is still a gigantic brand, and we're definitely worth that kind of money commercially. But it's not our 'football' value in terms of how good we are right now, and your 600 is probably fair in that context.

It's still a huge brand, but atm we're just not up there, sure we have cleared most of our debts. But for a club that isn't going to be making CL football next year and isn't there this year it won't be easy to sell for our true worth, which according to Forbes is around the sum Silvio wants

At least we're still able to attract big sponsorship deals
acid911
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 13 2014, 08:01 PM) *

Only makes this fall from grace, even harder to digest. sleep.gif
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 13 2014, 02:01 PM) *
It's still a huge brand, but atm we're just not up there, sure we have cleared most of our debts. But for a club that isn't going to be making CL football next year

You had us down for top 3. You told me we'd be top 3 while I said 5 was my optimistic target.

and isn't there this year it won't be easy to sell for our true worth, which according to Forbes is around the sum Silvio wants

Indeed, lack of CL is a problem for us these days, but as I reason in the next paragraph, it's not the only source of income. Or even our biggest. We'd get about £30M for winning the CL (not happening any time soon), but 'only' about £15M for group stage then last 16, while this deal nets us a guaranteed £20M a year.

Like I said before, Emirates, being a massive company based in the Middle East, is a no-brainer for them to sponsor us - Milan are gigantic in many nations in Asia (Indonesia, Malaysia, Philipines, Thailand) and Middle East (majority of all Muslim football fans are Milan and we're huge especially in India).

We wouldn't get a deal like this from a Russian oil company or a Walmart, but from a company who will use our name to exploit custom in the region we're most fertile in. Makes perfect sense for both sides. Quite a lot of big airlines out there, Qatar, Etihad etc.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 13 2014, 04:39 PM) *
You had us down for top 3. You told me we'd be top 3 while I said 5 was my optimistic target.

Indeed, lack of CL is a problem for us these days, but as I reason in the next paragraph, it's not the only source of income. Or even our biggest. We'd get about £30M for winning the CL (not happening any time soon), but 'only' about £15M for group stage then last 16, while this deal nets us a guaranteed £20M a year.

Like I said before, Emirates, being a massive company based in the Middle East, is a no-brainer for them to sponsor us - Milan are gigantic in many nations in Asia (Indonesia, Malaysia, Philipines, Thailand) and Middle East (majority of all Muslim football fans are Milan and we're huge especially in India).

We wouldn't get a deal like this from a Russian oil company or a Walmart, but from a company who will use our name to exploit custom in the region we're most fertile in. Makes perfect sense for both sides. Quite a lot of big airlines out there, Qatar, Etihad etc.

At this point I can't see us actually getting back into contention. Unless I see some improvement I'm not hopeful of any European football. I still stand by my point, that this Serie A is so terrible, with so many inconsistent teams, that anyone has a very realistic shot at making 3rd. Fact is Napoli are bad, and Inter are even worse than us

But at this point, I don't see anything encouraging in our performances. Maybe we can still make it, but I'm not as optimistic as I was before seeing us deteriorating more and more each week
X-Offender
Why wouldn't Silvio want to sell us for €600 million? The way I see it, he's only losing money with this team, and the only way to get close to breaking even each year is to not spend jackshit during signing campaigns, which is what we've been doing for a while.

I am certain things will change drastically after Silvio eventually passes away. Milan is his plaything, and a part of his "honor". He wants to stay owner until the very last moment.
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 14 2014, 05:48 AM) *
Why wouldn't Silvio want to sell us for €600 million? The way I see it, he's only losing money with this team, and the only way to get close to breaking even each year is to not spend jackshit during signing campaigns, which is what we've been doing for a while.

I am certain things will change drastically after Silvio eventually passes away. Milan is his plaything, and a part of his "honor". He wants to stay owner until the very last moment.

Maybe if the new investitor agrees to change the name of Milan to A.C. Berlusconi maybe it'll be enough for his ego and his desire to remain a history for Milan and let it go smile.gif
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 14 2014, 02:48 AM) *

Losing money? Hate it, or loathe him, Milan still profit. Fans think because we're sh*t these days that we're in the red. We're far from that. And this deal with Emirates enhances that.

In the right owner hands Milan could go places, but unfortunately Silvio runs us as a profiting business and not a successfull football team.

He's lost his passion for the football side but is content with us profiting commercially. As a business we're fine. As a football team we're in the mire.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 14 2014, 10:42 AM) *
Losing money? Hate it, or loathe him, Milan still profit. Fans think because we're sh*t these days that we're in the red. We're far from that. And this deal with Emirates enhances that.

In the right owner hands Milan could go places, but unfortunately Silvio runs us as a profiting business and not a successfull football team.

He's lost his passion for the football side but is content with us profiting commercially. As a business we're fine. As a football team we're in the mire.

How can you say we're profiting? The financial statement from 2013 stated a €15.7 million net loss, and we have a €256 million debt. That's far from being profitable. We don't have a property stadium. We compete in a poor league financially. We're missing CL money. Anyone can see that right now this club is not a profitable one.
Fillipo Simone
What changed when Tohir took over at Inter?
han2503
Apparently Mr. Bee will be in Milan to close out the initial part of the sale for 20% of Milan shares this weekend. He will then take control the following year when he purchases up to 60% of the club shares. The Berlusconi family have valued Milan at 1.2bn

I'm personally astonished that they managed to get that amount in. Forbes has us valued for a bit less, but still huge numbers, but considering that Inter barely went for around 600m IIRC it's a lot, especially for a Serie A side

I seriously hope that this will be a change for the better
Danny
Getting tired of this saga.

Sell, Silvio.

As for our value, Milan remain the biggest and most marketable name in Serie A. By a trillion miles. We have up to a billion fans world wide, Indonesia is basically 90% Milan fans (350M people live there) and Middle East, Far East and South America are absolutely and utterly full of Rossoneri.

The market value might be valued lower by Forbes, but the global scale of this club is collosal and only Barca, Real, Man Utd and Bayern compete in terms of fan numbers.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 20 2015, 03:53 PM) *
Getting tired of this saga.

It will be over soon, apparently. Looks like a done deal.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 20 2015, 06:55 PM) *
It will be over soon, apparently. Looks like a done deal.

I swear I've heard this said 'definitively' (there's that word yet again) before.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 20 2015, 08:05 PM) *
I swear I've heard this said 'definitively' (there's that word yet again) before.

Yeah, but this time seems like the real deal.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 20 2015, 08:05 PM) *

As x-off said, I think this time it's pretty much done

The media isn't talking about it in "rumoured" terms but in a more definitive light, especially by saying it will happen this weekend

My only concern about this is that I absolutely know nothing about this potential buyer or what his plans would be for the Club.

I seriously do hope that this is a move for the better and not an Inter type thing.
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 20 2015, 09:17 PM) *
As x-off said, I think this time it's pretty much done

The media isn't talking about it in "rumoured" terms but in a more definitive light, especially by saying it will happen this weekend

My only concern about this is that I absolutely know nothing about this potential buyer or what his plans would be for the Club.

I seriously do hope that this is a move for the better and not an Inter type thing.

Thai, right?

Far East - AKA where Milan are probably the biggest club other than Real & Utd.

I have a horrible feeling they're using us to make money.

We're a cash cow out there.

I REALLY want to be wrong but very rarely do Far Eastern owners make their clubs a success. All the big money takeovers come from Middle Eastern - PSG: Qatar, Man City: Abu Dhabi. All the Far Eastern ownerships are beyond underwhelming, not least Thohir. And some are downright insane/malevolent:

Less said about Carson Yeung, Vincent Tan etc the better.

I'm worried about this direction.
X-Offender
It can't get worse than it actually is.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 21 2015, 08:43 AM) *
It can't get worse than it actually is.

That was an understandably desperate reply.
Rossoneri7
The new investor wont guarantee success; ie Parma's situation.

X-Offender
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 21 2015, 12:44 PM) *
The new investor wont guarantee success; ie Parma's situation.

Poor comparison. We're talking of more than a €1 billion here, and a huge brand in the Asian market.
Rossoneri7
Milan will only rise again once Italian football rises. There needs to be a more 'favorable' environment for football clubs to thrive with their peers in europe. I refer to serie a as the reference point here, because coincidentally Italy lost its 4th cl spot with uefa, not because Carlo was owning the tournament with an italian flag, but because everybody else had other priorities.

Loosing a 4th cl seat is a delayed response to a bad situation in italy. A situation which was made worse by uefa's ffp rules. Milan will benifit from the new 'benefactor', but he too has to abide by the ffp framework. His 65% share is a direct payment to the previous owner of that share and not Milan's coffers. Keeping in mind im skeptical about the 650M all being cash. They could very well be cash equivalents in equities or other liquid instruments. Or could be cash, i dont know the terms.

Regardless, serie a is a poor league at the moment and getting poorer, otherwise a native or fellow european would invest. So many owners want to rid themselves of these teams, and asia/states have the capacity and apetite to invest in these highly risky teams in a highly risky league (ie downgraded to 3 cl participants). I think their rational is that europe is at its lowest at the moment and with time, QE and a weak EUR currency, there will be better value in these teams later on.

The stadium and better presence in asia is a boost to Milan, but serie a will remain poor unless its participants strive for better representation in europe. That said, teams can only do so much;p
X-Offender
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 22 2015, 10:06 PM) *
Milan will only rise again once Italian football rises. There needs to be a more 'favorable' environment for football clubs to thrive with their peers in europe. I refer to serie a as the reference point here, because coincidentally Italy lost its 4th cl spot with uefa, not because Carlo was owning the tournament with an italian flag, but because everybody else had other priorities.

Loosing a 4th cl seat is a delayed response to a bad situation in italy. A situation which was made worse by uefa's ffp rules. Milan will benifit from the new 'benefactor', but he too has to abide by the ffp framework. His 65% share is a direct payment to the previous owner of that share and not Milan's coffers. Keeping in mind im skeptical about the 650M all being cash. They could very well be cash equivalents in equities or other liquid instruments. Or could be cash, i dont know the terms.

Regardless, serie a is a poor league at the moment and getting poorer, otherwise a native or fellow european would invest. So many owners want to rid themselves of these teams, and asia/states have the capacity and apetite to invest in these highly risky teams in a highly risky league (ie downgraded to 3 cl participants). I think their rational is that europe is at its lowest at the moment and with time, QE and a weak EUR currency, there will be better value in these teams later on.

The stadium and better presence in asia is a boost to Milan, but serie a will remain poor unless its participants strive for better representation in europe. That said, teams can only do so much;p

Absolutely. If the league doesn't experience a renaissance in the next five years, with clubs investing into new stadiums and other means of generating profits, and the government doing something about it, then things will remain stale. But a new owner at this point who is willing to invest is the first step in the right direction, and we have to take it.

Marina Berlusconi: "A lot of untrue things have been said lately. It's a very delicate phase, silence is an obligation"

Mr. Bee should arrive tomorrow to meet Silvio. He wants an immediate 60% purchase of the shares, whereas the club wants to sell only 20% now and the rest for next season.

The other guy, Mr. Lee who represents the Chinese party of interest, is going to meet Silvio in the next few hours, and is will to propose €600 million now with a more gradual approach. Apparently the management is more in favor of this solution than the Thai one.

Link
William405
I'm with you guys, even with a new owner..I won't get my hopes up! Other than the need for money spending..we really do need good management of the club.
han2503
QUOTE (William405 @ Apr 23 2015, 07:24 PM) *
I'm with you guys, even with a new owner..I won't get my hopes up! Other than the need for money spending..we really do need good management of the club.

I think first and foremost we need to get rid of guys like Galliani who have made so many bad decisions that they are a huge part of the reason for the current position we've found ourselves in

No doubt the league and country we play in don't help matters

But Milan had the revenue streams and success that should have been able to sustain us better than the radical fall from grace we saw after 2007. We're not Parma, we had a lot of things going for us and had we been run better we wouldn't have seen the massive decline that we did
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 23 2015, 10:14 PM) *
I think first and foremost we need to get rid of guys like Galliani who have made so many bad decisions that they are a huge part of the reason for the current position we've found ourselves in

No doubt the league and country we play in don't help matters

But Milan had the revenue streams and success that should have been able to sustain us better than the radical fall from grace we saw after 2007. We're not Parma, we had a lot of things going for us and had we been run better we wouldn't have seen the massive decline that we did

Actually I'm not that sure about getting rid of Galliani. Because, yes, he made a ton of mistakes. But if a new board and takeover would give us money, I'd keep him. Galliani never or rarely failed with money. It's this situation he can't handle.

And one more thing to R7. Yes, the league needs to get some political reinforcement and move forward. But that's not in Milan's power. Let's put it this way: I'd rather we try and do our best, prepare ourselves for the Serie A rebuild that is bound to happen sometime - be it in 5 or 50 years - and be ready for the new system. Because this is how dynasties are made: clubs move forward and then establish domination while others still try to adapt/catch up.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 25 2015, 10:56 AM) *
Actually I'm not that sure about getting rid of Galliani. Because, yes, he made a ton of mistakes. But if a new board and takeover would give us money, I'd keep him. Galliani never or rarely failed with money. It's this situation he can't handle.

And one more thing to R7. Yes, the league needs to get some political reinforcement and move forward. But that's not in Milan's power. Let's put it this way: I'd rather we try and do our best, prepare ourselves for the Serie A rebuild that is bound to happen sometime - be it in 5 or 50 years - and be ready for the new system. Because this is how dynasties are made: clubs move forward and then establish domination while others still try to adapt/catch up.

I simply think Galliani is just not good for the job anymore, he lets sentiment and personal like/dislike of players/coaches guide his decisions

And I think he's wasted enough money on pointless signing as it is, I don't know what other owner would be happy with the deals he's made over the past decade.
Fillipo Simone
But essentially you're right. A new owner will want to have a clean break.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 25 2015, 02:35 PM) *
But essentially you're right. A new owner will want to have a clean break.

Yep, and certainly not someone who comes with the amount of baggage that Galliani does

The only current person that I'd keep is Barbara. She seems like she's got good ideas for how to move the club forward

Galliani has been whining about the stadium situation in Italy for over a decade now and never did anything, Barbara put up a proposal within 2 years.
Fillipo Simone
Oh, I'd keep some other parts of our Milan as well, not only Barbara.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 25 2015, 04:09 PM) *
Oh, I'd keep some other parts of our Milan as well, not only Barbara.

Who?

Because all I see atm is incompetency, from management to the fitness and coaching department to the medical staff
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 25 2015, 06:38 PM) *
Who?

Because all I see atm is incompetency, from management to the fitness and coaching department to the medical staff

Well, for starters, you ain't competent enough to make such a comment, at least not a viable comment. None of us here is smile.gif

I'd certainly keep Tognaccini and Tavana. Same goes for the general management crew. I'd also give Pippo Galli enough time with the youth team. Maybe include Inzaghi back there as well? I dunno.
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 25 2015, 02:35 PM) *
Yep, and certainly not someone who comes with the amount of baggage that Galliani does

The only current person that I'd keep is Barbara. She seems like she's got good ideas for how to move the club forward

Galliani has been whining about the stadium situation in Italy for over a decade now and never did anything, Barbara put up a proposal within 2 years.

The problem is her focus is purely stadium. If she was more of a day to day CEO then I'd agree. But seriously, we can assign capable individuals for the stadium with ease - it's finding a capable individual to run the club. And I think her talents would be much better use there.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 25 2015, 07:18 PM) *
The problem is her focus is purely stadium. If she was more of a day to day CEO then I'd agree. But seriously, we can assign capable individuals for the stadium with ease - it's finding a capable individual to run the club. And I think her talents would be much better use there.

I don't think her job is just about the stadium, I think that is a major part of here job yes, but all the business aspect have been handed over to her with Galliani in charge of the footballing aspects

I personally think the fact that one man is responsible for transfers is ridiculous and a terrible way to do things. Galliani has brought in so many duds/free agents/has-beens with big pay checks over the last decade that you simply have to wonder wtf is going on in his head and why he's allowed to conduct the transfers anymore. Milan's reputation with other clubs has plummeted because of him. Clubs see Galliani and they head in the other direction as fast as they can. I mean this is the guy that brought in Traore for free and a few weeks later we learn that neither Allegri, nor Tassotti knew a damn thing about him or even what type of player he is. But hey, let's bring him in and give him 2.5m per year after taxes. It's great business since he's free

I think Barbara is a shrewd woman, after all she learned from the best (before Silvio turned old and senile that is). She got Casa Milan up and running and that's making big money, she actually DID something about the stadium not whined incessantly about it and did nothing, and most importantly she's tried more than once to de-throne Galliani and I think she will be successful at it in due time

@ Filippo, I think we've all seen more than enough to show the incompetency that this club is enduring under the present regime. I don't need to be anymore qualified than the coach potato that I am to see things for what they are.

This club needs a total overhaul

People can whine about this player and that player and bring in this or that player, but at the end of the day, if the true infection is not treated it's pointless to try to keep on covering it. Putting lipstick on a pig is what we're doing anytime we bring in anyone new to this cesspool of an environment
han2503
Players: 'Inzaghi unworthy of Milan'

There are reports Milan wanted to sack Pippo Inzaghi and players told the Coach he was “unworthy” of the job.

The Rossoneri are in crisis after their 2-1 defeat to Udinese on Saturday and risk sliding into the bottom half of the table.

Later that evening, the team was thrown into a pre-match training retreat to prepare for Wednesday’s Serie A game against Genoa.

According to the Corriere della Sera, the situation has hit rock bottom with a furious row between Coach and players on the bus back from Udine.

It’s reported Inzaghi asked Vice-President Adriano Galliani to leave the bus momentarily so he could talk to the squad alone.

At this point he told the players they were “unworthy of this jersey.”

An unnamed individual is then believed to have replied: “We might be unworthy, but you are unworthy to be Coach of Milan.”

It’s also reported that President Silvio Berlusconi was so furious at the performance in Udine that he was about to sack Inzaghi.

He only changed his mind after a telephone consultation with Galliani later that evening.

Milan’s situation is in flux, as today Berlusconi is due to meet Thai investor Bee Taechaubol for takeover talks.

Yes, this screams of competency...
X-Offender
What a mess...
Fillipo Simone
Disappointing. This team really is unworthy.
milanbuf88
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 26 2015, 08:40 AM) *

So is Pippo
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 26 2015, 12:40 PM) *

And Pippo is?
Danny
No one at Milan right now is unworthy, that would suggest something higher than where their current competency is.

They are quite simply disgusting and I'm ashamed of the whole club right now.

Not the name, but the way it's currently being run/handled.
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 26 2015, 09:22 AM) *
Yes, this screams of competency...

I'm going to say the player in question is Alex. Anyone got any suggestions to the contrary?
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 26 2015, 04:40 PM) *
And Pippo is?

No. But such behavior is beyond Pippo's fault/level of (in)competence.

QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 26 2015, 05:27 PM) *
I'm going to say the player in question is Alex. Anyone got any suggestions to the contrary?

Pointless argument, unless we got any new info. But hey, if we wanna play a guessing game, I'd say Mexes/Menez.
X-Offender
Apparently it was De Jong.
Danny
The only players who would have any entitlement to say it to him would be Abate, De Jong and one or two others.

De Jong, while not fantastic this season, remains our best player, and you can tell his heart isn't in it anymore thanks to Pippo.

He is 100% cert to leave for Utd this summer.
nuh
To be honest i don't care whether he's the best player on our team or in the world,if he actually said that, then he might as well piss off! I sick of the players we have these days, bunch of b*******.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (nuh @ Apr 27 2015, 01:15 PM) *
To be honest i don't care whether he's the best player on our team or in the world,if he actually said that, then he might as well piss off! I sick of the players we have these days, bunch of b*******.

+1
milanbuf88
QUOTE (nuh @ Apr 27 2015, 07:15 AM) *

Are you of the opinion that all players should endure in silence regardless of how awful their manager is? He is a manager not a dictator and his incompetence has very real effects on their lives and future career opportunities. This isn't someone bailing at the first sign of trouble. Pippo is in way over his head and you can only flail fruitlessly for so long before you lose the locker room.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.