Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Might be wrong...
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
Danny
But two weeks in a row Milan are getting the 14:00 hours Sunday slot. That's traditionally the 'midtable and not very important' general Serie A card slot while the later in the day it is for TV coverage, the bigger the match. Like Sunday evening then night has Juve Torino then Roma v Inter.

It seems despite the great name of Milan, we truly have fallen even in the eyes of broadcasters - our hope (here in UK) is that we don't start getting shown less on TV, even if we do have to accept the 'lesser' KO time. Milan will continue to be shown on Sky Sport Italia but I really hope BT don't start to reject us in favour of other matches more frequently.
acid911
Football is finicky, Danny, if we want to get back up, we will. smile.gif And it won't take much time, and much for broadcasters and well, the overall media to take note of it when we do. If we do, that is the question. Because I'm rather liking this free fall. It's got everything to do with the management, they way they are handling things.

And an eternal optimistic like me knows this will do us good. Fall and rise, it's a cycle. wink.gif The worst thing that can happen is if we scrap through on individual brilliances like Kaka in 2007 and Ibra in 2012, and then everyone just plasters it up thinking we're all good. Because, really, that's never good.

You need a solid base, and if it's in our fortunes to find one, we will. The management will. And stop employing jokes of coaches expecting them to learn on the job, and stop signing the wrong type of players. They understand the language of $$$, when they stop, they'll act. This floating around doesn't cut it these days.

As for you and me, the fans, we've been here through worse, we'll be there. devil.gif Always. Its the management that has to make decisions and take actions. Not us. In fact, I know for a fact that I wouldn't feel a thing if we end up relegated, or fail to make Europe again this season. Maybe I'll wink and smile.

Because when I knew things were going right, when the management at least had a semblance of sanity, and when our players had a touch of class, those were times for sorrow. Sorrow for when luck didn't go our way, or when we finished on the wrong side. sleep.gif Because that's sport. Not this façade that we've been living.

Living ever since 2009, when Maldini left, Kaka sold and we opted for stop gap solutions like Lenoardo and friends. Let's see this masquerade to its end. Let's see where it takes us. End point. If midtable is our destiny, then so be it. Unless things are righted from the top, we change direction. As I said, I can live with sports.

But the last time I stopped and paid attention was against the Juventus match and that disallowed goals to those toker dopes. And that was in spite of the comprehension that even with some less than stellar decisions, some dud signings, we had champions in our ranks. Nesta, Ibra, Silva, maybe even Pato and Van Bommel.

No there's a void. mellow.gif And it's that time where things will have to get a lot worse before they get better.
Rossoneri7
Everything is a conspiracy isn't it tongue.gif

Timings of Serie A games were adjusted for far east timings.
acid911
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 29 2014, 12:50 PM) *
Everything is a conspiracy isn't it

Conspiracies are fun. laugh.gif Always.

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 29 2014, 12:50 PM) *

Good to know. smile.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Nov 29 2014, 03:34 AM) *
But two weeks in a row Milan are getting the 14:00 hours Sunday slot. That's traditionally the 'midtable and not very important' general Serie A card slot while the later in the day it is for TV coverage, the bigger the match. Like Sunday evening then night has Juve Torino then Roma v Inter.

It seems despite the great name of Milan, we truly have fallen even in the eyes of broadcasters - our hope (here in UK) is that we don't start getting shown less on TV, even if we do have to accept the 'lesser' KO time. Milan will continue to be shown on Sky Sport Italia but I really hope BT don't start to reject us in favour of other matches more frequently.

I don't think there's any particular reason for it, each top team have played the 3pm slot on Sunday more than once, in all honesty we rarely get that time slot, we usually play the night time fixtures
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 29 2014, 10:34 AM) *
I don't think there's any particular reason for it, each top team have played the 3pm slot on Sunday more than once, in all honesty we rarely get that time slot, we usually play the night time fixtures

+1
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 29 2014, 09:34 AM) *

Yes, it's the 'usually' bit that concerns me in light of the last two.
Danny
QUOTE (acid911 @ Nov 29 2014, 03:31 AM) *
Football is finicky, Danny, if we want to get back up, we will. smile.gif And it won't take much time, and much for broadcasters and well, the overall media to take note of it when we do. If we do, that is the question. Because I'm rather liking this free fall. It's got everything to do with the management, they way they are handling things.

And an eternal optimistic like me knows this will do us good. Fall and rise, it's a cycle. wink.gif The worst thing that can happen is if we scrap through on individual brilliances like Kaka in 2007 and Ibra in 2012, and then everyone just plasters it up thinking we're all good. Because, really, that's never good.

You need a solid base, and if it's in our fortunes to find one, we will. The management will. And stop employing jokes of coaches expecting them to learn on the job, and stop signing the wrong type of players. They understand the language of $$$, when they stop, they'll act. This floating around doesn't cut it these days.

As for you and me, the fans, we've been here through worse, we'll be there. devil.gif Always. Its the management that has to make decisions and take actions. Not us. In fact, I know for a fact that I wouldn't feel a thing if we end up relegated, or fail to make Europe again this season. Maybe I'll wink and smile.

Because when I knew things were going right, when the management at least had a semblance of sanity, and when our players had a touch of class, those were times for sorrow. Sorrow for when luck didn't go our way, or when we finished on the wrong side. sleep.gif Because that's sport. Not this façade that we've been living.

Living ever since 2009, when Maldini left, Kaka sold and we opted for stop gap solutions like Lenoardo and friends. Let's see this masquerade to its end. Let's see where it takes us. End point. If midtable is our destiny, then so be it. Unless things are righted from the top, we change direction. As I said, I can live with sports.

But the last time I stopped and paid attention was against the Juventus match and that disallowed goals to those toker dopes. And that was in spite of the comprehension that even with some less than stellar decisions, some dud signings, we had champions in our ranks. Nesta, Ibra, Silva, maybe even Pato and Van Bommel.

No there's a void. mellow.gif And it's that time where things will have to get a lot worse before they get better.

...and breathe haha. You really needed to get that off your chest huh smile.gif
Danny
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 29 2014, 06:50 AM) *
Everything is a conspiracy isn't it tongue.gif

It's midnight in the Far East.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Nov 30 2014, 03:52 PM) *
Yes, it's the 'usually' bit that concerns me in light of the last two.

Yeah, but no team can take up all the night time fixtures

I think Juve and Roma have both played more afternoon fixtures than us so far this season

I think it mostly depends on the opponents we're facing that week and what other important games are taking place.

Usually derbies (no matter which ones - even if it's the Genoa derby or Sicilian derby) are played at night, then you have the big fixtures with the top teams facing each other.

For example, Juve will be playing at 6pm today, even though it's still a derby the Roma-Inter fixture is deemed more important so they get the night time slot
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.