han2503
Who: A.C. Milan vs. U.S. Citta di Palermo

Where: Stadio San Siro

When:
2nd November 2014 @ 8:45pm CET

Head-to-Head Record

William405
Must win.

Menez gave an interview mentioning that he was barely fit to play in that game so it kinda justifies his performance.

Honestly, I'd go with a front trio of Honda-Menez-Sharaawy. It's still our best and most dynamic trio upfront.

What's more important is how the midfield will play out, hopefully we'll see some improvements there. Muntari will miss this game.

In defense, I expect to see Alex with another CB..in addition to the usual fullbacks.
Danny
Think this might be GDS but really not sure:

Lopez, Abate, Alex, Zapata, MDS, Poli, De Jong, Van Ginkel, Honda, Menez, El-Sha.
William405
QUOTE (Danny @ Nov 1 2014, 12:32 AM) *

Lopez, Abate, Alex, Zapata, MDS, Poli, De Jong, Van Ginkel, Honda, Menez, El-Sha.

Would like to see that lineup.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Oct 31 2014, 10:32 PM) *

Mediaset has Essien instead of van Ginkel. puke.gif
acid911
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 1 2014, 06:06 AM) *
Mediaset has Essien instead of van Ginkel.

Ooo, I like that. wink.gif biggrin.gif Hopefully Mediaset is right on this count. We just have to give our lackluster has been as playing time as possible, unless they go by the name of Mexes. Besides, Essien is a big marketable name in Africa, where as this Ginkel guy is a nobody, on leased leash.

If only that biased bought referee had not given Muntari that yellow card. Had he just not accumulated those four yellows, he'd fit right in instead of Poli in this lineup. Palermo wouldn't have stood a chance then. Of losing, that is.
X-Offender
QUOTE (acid911 @ Nov 1 2014, 02:14 AM) *
Ooo, I like that. wink.gif biggrin.gif Hopefully Mediaset is right on this count. We just have to give our lackluster has been as playing time as possible, unless they go by the name of Mexes. Besides, Essien is a big marketable name in Africa, where as this Ginkel guy is a nobody, on leased leash.

If only that biased bought referee had not given Muntari that yellow card. Had he just not accumulated those four yellows, he'd fit right in instead of Poli in this lineup. Palermo wouldn't have stood a chance then. Of losing, that is.

I like the way you think.
acid911
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 1 2014, 07:34 AM) *
I like the way you think.

Gotta catch up with the times, X. devil.gif If you can't beat them join them! Besides, these are universal thoughts, almost all our recent coaches used to think this way. Even the "great" Ancelotti, gotta have stability. Some called them legs. Except for, well, Leonard, but that douche wasn't even a proper coach.

Same probably goes for Seedorf, and look where that got him. dry.gif Who cares about playing like a big team?! Let's all play like individuals, even the coaches think of themselves first, and this philosophy transitions into the players. most of them, anyway. The result? We, as a club, take a leisurely stroll in the opposition direction of gold.

We aren't going to make an inch of progress this way, just keep running around in circles. But hey, if I change my thinking to the cloudy levels of our decision makers, well, at least I'll have less heartaches, right?
Fillipo Simone
Not really man wink.gif
acid911
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 1 2014, 05:07 PM) *
Not really man

Can't disagree, sadly. sad.gif Like most of you here, all I ask for is determination and faith from the guys up top, the guys in the mix. Team spirit, right decision making and good displays on the turf. The results will either come automatically, or even if they don't then no one will raise a finger. No one should raise a finger.

Instead here we get one bad decision after the other, from the players, coaches, and most of all the management. I may have written a fair amount of my last two posts in jest, but you're right, it's downright painful. Painful seeing all this time and talent amounting to nothing. mellow.gif Things will change, one day, I'm hopeful.

But really, this unit is so far removed from the the AC Milan of old, it's unfathomable.
X-Offender
QUOTE (acid911 @ Nov 1 2014, 04:56 PM) *
Like most of you here, all I ask for is determination and faith from the guys up top, the guys in the mix. Team spirit, right decision making and good displays on the turf. The results will either come automatically, or even if they don't then no one will raise a finger. No one should raise a finger.

+∞
acid911
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 1 2014, 09:57 PM) *
+∞

That's what sports is all about, right? cry.gif Or used to be, I guess. dry.gif Most football fans I know, and almost all Milan fans I know are sane, reasonable and knowledgeable people. They can see what's going on, and a whole lot of them don't agree with what's going on. Not this season, but since the middle of the last decade.

At precisely the right time when the management should have been at their most vigilant (experience, what experience?), they let the guard down in terms of strategy and signings. This mess we're in did not start last season, the roots go back a fair bit. And is it changing? No. That's what me, Han, X, and a lot here see. We're reasonable.

And let's not start with it's a project thing, because if it is, it's the worse managed project in footballing history!
X-Offender
QUOTE (acid911 @ Nov 1 2014, 05:10 PM) *
And let's not start with it's a project thing, because if it is, it's the worse managed project in footballing history!

Haha, yeah, that's just crazy. People believing this is all part of some major project to bring Milan back to Europe's elite. It makes me wanna cry.
Jack Bauer
According to sky, Saponara could start in the midfield so the predicted line up at the moment is:

Diego Lopez; Abate, Alex, Rami, De Sciglio; Poli, De Jong, Saponara; Honda, Torres, Menez.
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Nov 1 2014, 10:46 PM) *
According to sky, Saponara could start in the midfield so the predicted line up at the moment is:

Diego Lopez; Abate, Alex, Rami, De Sciglio; Poli, De Jong, Saponara; Honda, Torres, Menez.

That's a bigger facepalm decision than starting Essien

So far Saponara has shown no indications that he could actually play in midfield, he's just too lightweight and doesn't really work all that hard either.

WTF do we have Bonaventura and Van Ginkel for if he's not going to use them
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 1 2014, 10:31 PM) *
That's a bigger facepalm decision than starting Essien

So far Saponara has shown no indications that he could actually play in midfield, he's just too lightweight and doesn't really work all that hard either.

WTF do we have Bonaventura and Van Ginkel for if he's not going to use them

Bona's injured apparently.
X-Offender
Why not play van Ginkel, I ask?
Danny
Beats me.
han2503
I'm really starting to scratch my head at these selections.

So he doesn't even want to try Honda in midfield, but he's okay with starting a kid with barely any Serie A experience there, who's a CAM/winger. Just boggles the mind.

Why did we even bother taking Van Ginkel? At least sitting on Chelsea bench will most likely earn him some silverware, sitting on ours only earns him an extra fat @ss.

This midfield issue is something that I feel Pippo looks over completely, I wonder when do they teach them in coaching school that this is the most important area on the pitch for any team, and was Pippo taking some sick days during that lesson?
X-Offender
Or maybe he was just daydreaming about playing Honda on the wing...
Danny
Latest:

Lopez, Abate, Alex, Rami, MDS, Poli, De Jong, Saponara, Honda, Torres, Menez.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Nov 2 2014, 02:27 PM) *
Latest:

Lopez, Abate, Alex, Rami, MDS, Poli, De Jong, Saponara, Honda, Torres, Menez.

That seriously worries me.
X-Offender
Let's be honest here. Better give Saponara a try than have Essien play.
Danny
Bona out injured so he's not an option.

Only creative player we have available for midfield in Bona's (and dare I say it Muntari's) absence sadly is Saponara.

Poli, De Jong and Van Ginkel is just too flat. No spark in there.

That said Saponara remains a rather 'unknown' quantity - he's hardly played and has never really impressed, but he hasn't really flopped either really. I don't remember him making too many errant passes in midfield which have directly led to a goal, unlike Essien.

Let's also be honest, he cannot be worse than what we've been seeing in a creative sense from midfield recently. IE nothing.
X-Offender
However, the annoying part here is that Saponara is a pure trequartista, but Pippo is willing to play him in midfield whereas Honda keeps being relegated on the wing. Sometimes I really think he plays him there just because he's left-footed.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Nov 2 2014, 03:27 PM) *
Poli, De Jong and Van Ginkel is just too flat. No spark in there.

If that's the case, then NDJ-Poli-Muntari is... what's flatter than flat?
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 2 2014, 05:47 PM) *
However, the annoying part here is that Saponara is a pure trequartista, but Pippo is willing to play him in midfield whereas Honda keeps being relegated on the wing. Sometimes I really think he plays him there just because he's left-footed.

No, he plays him there because he's the only player that can effectively (aside from Menez) cover that spot. He also scored goals from that position and is overall doing good work with Abate as well.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 2 2014, 03:47 PM) *

Bingo
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 2 2014, 04:17 PM) *
No, he plays him there because he's the only player that can effectively (aside from Menez) cover that spot. He also scored goals from that position and is overall doing good work with Abate as well.

Poli - De Jong - Honda
Menez - Torres - El Shaa

No?
Danny
That lineup has been reconfirmed in the last half hour. Not official yet, but looks 90% sure unless it's a red herring.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 2 2014, 02:49 PM) *
If that's the case, then NDJ-Poli-Muntari is... what's flatter than flat?

Muntari can get goals. He's not 'creative' but he does score and plays (carelessly) high up the pitch.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 2 2014, 02:47 PM) *

We haven't seen enough of Sap to actually classify him in any position yet. He's only played about 5 matches, with varying positions. Who knows, maybe he'll be great in deeper midfield, filling the role I have Bona earmarked for.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Nov 2 2014, 07:30 PM) *
That lineup has been reconfirmed in the last half hour. Not official yet, but looks 90% sure unless it's a red herring.

I think this Sapo experiment is going to backfire. Hopefully, I'm wrong, but what I've seen so far of him both in pre-season when Pippo played him in midfield and last season under Allegri, I seriously cannot see him pulling this position off, he's lightweight and not some visionary passer either.

In his time at Empoli he was an attacking player, mostly an AM/winger. He doesn't strike me as a hard worker either
William405
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 2 2014, 09:48 PM) *
I think this Sapo experiment is going to backfire. Hopefully, I'm wrong, but what I've seen so far of him both in pre-season when Pippo played him in midfield and last season under Allegri, I seriously cannot see him pulling this position off, he's lightweight and not some visionary passer either.

In his time at Empoli he was an attacking player, mostly an AM/winger. He doesn't strike me as a hard worker either

I agree. But, you guys are asking for Honda to play there, who is just as lightweight as Sapo imo.

We desperately need Montolivo.
han2503
QUOTE (William405 @ Nov 2 2014, 08:39 PM) *
I agree. But, you guys are asking for Honda to play there, who is just as lightweight as Sapo imo.

We desperately need Montolivo.

Honda is no lightweight. The amount of work he puts in on that wing is testament to that

He recovers more balls in a game than Muntari or Poli
milanbuf88
Nice seeing Abate with the captain's armband.
han2503
Alex injured....

Zapata on.

This is bad for us. Zapata and Rami at the back together is a disaster waiting to happen
CrazyMilanFan
that should have been 1-0
han2503
So close Torres!
han2503
Ref getting card happy
han2503
Nice own goal Zapata..
CrazyMilanFan
near post !
William405
Zapata, what the hell??
milanbuf88
Palermo goes up 1-0. Zapata with an own goal.
CrazyMilanFan
wow could have been worse
milanbuf88
Diego Lopez saves us from going down 2.
CrazyMilanFan
2-0.. Zapata WTF
William405
What the
han2503
My god!!!

Zapata is having a killer night, now getting duped by Dybala.

0-2
milanbuf88
Zapata pulling a Bonera here. What **** defending. 2-0 Palermo
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.