Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
han2503
Who: AC Milan vs. AC Fiorentina

Where: Stadio San Siro

When:
26th October 2014 @ 8:45pm CET

Head-to-Head Record

X-Offender
Gotta win this. One week to prepare, everyone bar Monto available, playing at home. Time to bring the big guns!
Danny
Good chance of a win - I'd go with:

----------Abbiati (he's earned it)

Abate---Alex-------Zapata-----Armero

-----Bona-----De Jong------MvG

----------------Honda

-------Menez------------SES

Torres is woeful at the moment, and SES is showing industry, but no attacking flair because he's playing too deep.

So that's what I'd pick.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Oct 20 2014, 04:23 PM) *
Good chance of a win - I'd go with:

----------Abbiati (he's earned it)

Abate---Alex-------Zapata-----Armero

-----Bona-----De Jong------MvG

----------------Honda

-------Menez------------SES

Torres is woeful at the moment, and SES is showing industry, but no attacking flair because he's playing too deep.

So that's what I'd pick.

How good that midfield would be. I believe Bona will start this one, but it will be with either Poli or Muntari. I'd be more than fine if it's with Poli.

My prediction:

Lopez
Abate - Alex - Rami - MDS
Bona - De Jong - Muntari
Honda - Menez - SES

PS: Danny, it's true that Abbiati was super against Verona, but that's just like him. He has an amazing game followed by 2-3 shoddy performances. Plus let's not forget the guy is 37. If fit, Lopez has to start.
Danny
I'll be blunt about Lopez - he's not really impressed me yet.

As for MDS - absymal for too long, needs to be brought down a bit by being dropped. Right now he's walking blindly through matches without feeling he'll ever be dropped.
han2503
I like both line-ups you guys put out (minus Muntari in what x-off is predicting of course). However, I'd still go ahead with Torres for now, the Menez in the false 9 position only worked in those 2 opening games then it sort of went downhill from there.

Plus I think you guys are neglecting what Torres as a pure CF brings to the 4-3-3 Pippo uses, Just see which one of Menez or SES is in the best form to start the game and play one of them on the left.

As for DS, I'd still go with him over Armero, for me a FB is not just about his running up and down the flank, it means being a defender too, and DS is that, Armero not so much
Danny
I am fascinated by what team Pippo will put out. Only player we don't have for this one is Monto.

We have, in theory, a very strong squad to choose from, and it would frustrate me to see Rami, Muntari and SES start.

Yes, I've changed my mind on SES. I'd rather a front 3 of Menez/Honda/Torres. Because...if we start with our best midfield we won't need SES support in there. And if we start with our best defence we won't need his support there either.
X-Offender
Mediaset line-up: Diego Lopez; Abate, Alex, Rami, De Sciglio; Poli, De Jong, Muntari; Honda, Torres, El Shaarawy.

If Pippo doesn't play Bonaventura and Menez again, I'll be pissed.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 24 2014, 03:18 PM) *
Mediaset line-up: Diego Lopez; Abate, Alex, Rami, De Sciglio; Poli, De Jong, Muntari; Honda, Torres, El Shaarawy.

Attack is okay imo, Defence is good.

But that midfield AGAIN! When he has so many players to choose from all of which bring in much better qualities to our midfield than f@cking Muntari. Getting so sick of this.

The only way we'll be rid of him is if he has a nightmare showing ala Bonera, otherwise we're stuck with him.

Just play Bona, DJ and Poli FFS
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 24 2014, 02:18 PM) *

Hope that's wrong wrong wrong. Absolutely absurd to play Rami, Poli, and Muntari when we have Zapata, Van Ginkel and Bonaventura.

And to have the ever-underperforming El-Sha as attack instead of Menez again is comical. Ditto Torres who's been a total failure since he left Liverpool and ain't showing us any signs he can do it here.

So...I'll just assume that's way wrong.
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 24 2014, 02:46 PM) *
Attack is okay imo, Defence is good.

Both are one player off being really good. But as it stands both are mediocre at best. Rami is a liability, and Alex is having to clean up after him. MDS is in bad form but I'll forgive that as we know how good he can be.

And attack is a mess. SES, Torres and Honda - SES cannot offer anything up top (neither is Torres for that matter), and Menez' absence is ludicrous.

Another frustrating selection if it turns out to be accurate.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 24 2014, 03:46 PM) *
The only way we'll be rid of him is if he has a nightmare showing ala Bonera, otherwise we're stuck with him.

Or if he breaks a leg... innocent.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Oct 24 2014, 03:52 PM) *
Both are one player off being really good. But as it stands both are mediocre at best. Rami is a liability, and Alex is having to clean up after him. MDS is in bad form but I'll forgive that as we know how good he can be.

And attack is a mess. SES, Torres and Honda - SES cannot offer anything up top (neither is Torres for that matter), and Menez' absence is ludicrous.

Another frustrating selection if it turns out to be accurate.

Rami is a liability but you want Zapata?

Nah man, you just like Zapata, Zapata can be a huge liability as well, especially his passing, at least Rami can make a simple pass out of defence so that's one less thing to worry about.

I think the defence is good. Attack was a toss up between SES and Menez and I think Stephan deserves to start after the game he played last Sunday and as I said, I think Torres is very crucial for our attack, even if he's not scoring atm.

My only issue (which has been the case throughout this season so far) is that midfield. Muntari again, after weeks of being a complete liability in our midfield, he still gets to start when there are Van Ginkel and Bona rotting on the bench, just unfathomable how this guy gets to start each week when he offers nothing to our game aside from trying to assist the opposition. That's the only area where I wish the prediction is incorrect, however, going be recent trend, I think it's spot on, especially midfield, that's the midfield Pippo usually goes for.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 24 2014, 04:36 PM) *

I absolutely cannot stand him, but I'd never wish that on anyone
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 24 2014, 04:48 PM) *
I absolutely cannot stand him, but I'd never wish that on anyone

Though I know you would secretly rejoice if that does happen. innocent.gif
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 24 2014, 03:36 PM) *

Most disgusting post you'll ever make. Disappointing. I wouldn't wish a broken leg on any footballer bar one who'd deliberately broken someone else's. I suggest you retract this view.
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 24 2014, 03:48 PM) *
Rami is a liability but you want Zapata?

Nah man, you just like Zapata, Zapata can be a huge liability as well, especially his passing, at least Rami can make a simple pass out of defence so that's one less thing to worry about.

So the bit where he can't actually f*cking defend is ok?
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Oct 24 2014, 09:41 PM) *
So the bit where he can't actually f*cking defend is ok?

No, because that's not true and you know it. Him and Alex are doing a solid job and unless he does something Bonera-like, I see no reason to disrupt the continuity that Pippo has finally managed to achieve with the back 4, we can only improve defensively if we have a set back 4
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Oct 24 2014, 09:41 PM) *
Most disgusting post you'll ever make. Disappointing. I wouldn't wish a broken leg on any footballer bar one who'd deliberately broken someone else's. I suggest you retract this view.

It was a joke. mellow.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 24 2014, 10:08 PM) *
No, because that's not true and you know it. Him and Alex are doing a solid job and unless he does something Bonera-like, I see no reason to disrupt the continuity that Pippo has finally managed to achieve with the back 4, we can only improve defensively if we have a set back 4

Hm, solid is an overestimation. Alex has been a rock, but Rami has been very shaky.
Jack Bauer
http://youtu.be/Ybgd5zsq374
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 24 2014, 09:08 PM) *
No, because that's not true and you know it.

No I don't. He's completely unstable and makes constant errors. He's terrible.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 24 2014, 09:19 PM) *
It was a joke. mellow.gif

Interweb of the Net is lousy at expressing tone! Too deadpan lad.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Oct 25 2014, 12:23 AM) *
Interweb of the Net is lousy at expressing tone! Too deadpan lad.

I thought using the smiley face made that clear. Never mind.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 24 2014, 11:29 PM) *
I thought using the smiley face made that clear. Never mind.

Alas not, not even Han got it and you two are supposed to be kindred spirits on all things Milan. Well. Except Rami, Balotelli...
acid911
QUOTE (Danny @ Oct 25 2014, 06:10 AM) *
Alas not, not even Han got it and you two are supposed to be kindred spirits on all things Milan. Well. Except Rami, Balotelli...

I got it, though. happy.gif friends.gif
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 24 2014, 10:20 PM) *
Hm, solid is an overestimation. Alex has been a rock, but Rami has been very shaky.

I said him AND Alex, meaning as a pairing in these last 2 games they're doing a solid job. The problem in defence are mostly caused by our inept midfield, not because of the individuals in defence.

Danny, I don't think that's the case with Rami at all, but I would put that same label on Zapata. To each his own, we all see what we want to see at times.

Still I think Pippo is going to go ahead with the Alex Rami pairing for now.

@ acid, you think everything is a joke tongue.gif

@ x-off's joke, I didn't really get it because I know you can't stand him as much as I do so it wouldn't be inconceivable to wish a long term injury on him so he'd finally be out of our hair for a while. tongue.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Oct 25 2014, 01:10 AM) *

Yeah, but Han is a pacifist, so he doesn't get these kind of jokes. tongue.gif

QUOTE (acid911 @ Oct 25 2014, 01:31 AM) *
I got it, though. happy.gif friends.gif

king.gif
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 25 2014, 10:39 AM) *
Yeah, but Han is a pacifist, so he doesn't get these kind of jokes. tongue.gif

tbh he doesn't get ANY jokes tongue.gif

(Only joking Hanly)
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 25 2014, 07:20 AM) *
Danny, I don't think that's the case with Rami at all, but I would put that same label on Zapata. To each his own, we all see what we want to see at times.

Yeah, like I saw Zapata being selected for a world cup quarter finalist Colombia and you saw Rami win the world cup with France having saved a goal with his penis on the goal line in the last minute against Germany tongue.gif
acid911
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 25 2014, 01:20 PM) *
@ acid, you think everything is a joke

Not this one, Han. dry.gif I'm terribly offended by your statement above. mad.gif angry.gif realmad.gif

tongue.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 25 2014, 04:39 PM) *
Yeah, but Han is a pacifist, so he doesn't get these kind of jokes.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 25 2014, 04:39 PM) *
king.gif

sleepysmiley03.gif
X-Offender
Update: Abbiati; Abate, Alex, Rami, De Sciglio; Poli, De Jong, Muntari; Honda, Menez, El Shaarawy.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 25 2014, 08:30 PM) *
Update: Abbiati; Abate, Alex, Rami, De Sciglio; Poli, De Jong, Muntari; Honda, Menez, El Shaarawy.

And midfield still the same. Just about to give up on hoping that we'll ever see a proper midfield out there again at this point.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 25 2014, 07:30 PM) *

Not sure how there can be an update, Pippo said today he's choosing tomorrow 2 from SES, Torres and Menez, and that Honda definitely starts.

Any lineups right now are complete guesswork.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Oct 25 2014, 10:03 PM) *
Not sure how there can be an update, Pippo said today he's choosing tomorrow 2 from SES, Torres and Menez, and that Honda definitely starts.

I always post what Mediaset writes. They're saying Menez will play, so...
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Oct 25 2014, 10:03 PM) *

I would believe that Pippo has a clear idea on who to play before then, mediaset and Gazzetta go off the training selections, so I wouldn't be surprised if they're 100% correct on that last prediction. Defence and midfield are certainly correct, only one doubt in attack but I wouldn't be surprised to see him going back to Menez in the false 9 position
Rossoneri7
Ont of the toughest fixtures this year and the team need to keep it tight in midfield as la viola have been impressive imposing their style on opponents.

Here's hoping for the three points devil.gif
X-Offender
Milan 6-0 Fiorentina from 10 years ago

Who remembers this? It was a few days before Sheva would be awarded the Ballon d'Or. Such a fantastic performance.
Jack Bauer
Abbiati; Abate, Alex, Zapata, De Sciglio; Poli, De Jong, Muntari; Honda, Menez, El Shaarawy.

bench: Diego Lopez, Agazzi, Armero, Bonera, Rami, Essien, Saponara, Van Ginkel, Bonaventure, Niang, Pazzini, Torres.
X-Offender
I expect Abbiati to mess up somehow.
KillerMax
Horrible line up IMO. Fiorentina have been pretty terrible so far so that's my only hope. I think the midfield three is toothless and I think Menez and El Shaa just don't get along on the pitch. Here's hoping for the best but I'm not holding my breath.
han2503
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Oct 26 2014, 08:40 PM) *
Horrible line up IMO. Fiorentina have been pretty terrible so far so that's my only hope. I think the midfield three is toothless and I think Menez and El Shaa just don't get along on the pitch. Here's hoping for the best but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm mostly p!ssed off about that midfield. Especially when Bona is sitting on the bench, just ridiculous how Muntari has an automatic starting spot on this team!
milanbuf88
Muntari goes in late already.
han2503
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Oct 26 2014, 08:56 PM) *
Muntari goes in late already.

Careful, you'll be branded as Muntari obsessed
han2503
We just don't know how to keep possession in midfield, none of our players in there are built for that
han2503
Muntari twice in late with 2 terrible tackles.
William405
Nasty shot from El Sharaawy..
milanbuf88
Great shot by El Shaarawy even if he was offside on that pass.
William405
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 26 2014, 11:01 PM) *
We just don't know how to keep possession in midfield, none of our players in there are built for that

Yep, same thing week in week out.
han2503
@ Jack S. Notice how our midfield cannot for the life of them string more than 3 to 4 passes together at a given time.

Please tell me again how playing so many DMs/muscle players in the midfield is beneficial for us, we can't get the ball to the attackers and Fiorentina have the upper hand atm
Jack Bauer
De Jong!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.