han2503
Who: AC Cesena vs. AC Milan

Where: Stadio Dino Manuzzi

When:
28th September 2014 @ 3:00pm CET

Head-to-Head Record

Jack Sparrow
MvG is injured.

So I expect Poli to get a start. I think Menez should be rested on the bench and SeS given the start. Also worried if we're not overworking De Jong. Essien should be back but that's cold comfort.

One positive is Torres getting fit and hopefully the return of Lopez. That means I won't have to worry about Abbiati's goal kicks accurately picking an opposing team player to launch an attack. Sometimes I think Abbiati is more a deep lying playmaker for the opposition than our goalkeeper. dry.gif
X-Offender
Very curious about the formation and men Pippo will play. I don't think Lopez has recovered yet but could be wrong, and I would never bench Menez when we only have the Serie A to play. After this game he'll have a whole week to rest.

My personal picks would be, as I mentioned in the Empoli topic, either a 4-2-3-1 or 3-4-1-2.

GK
Abate - CB - CB - MDS
Poli - NdJ
Menez - Honda - SES
Torres

or

GK
CB - CB - CB
Abate - Poli - NdJ - Armero
Honda
Torres - Menez

Still undecided about the CBs (except for Boner-head)...
Fillipo Simone
I don't think we'll start with the Guive formation. As said, I don't like the Menez position from your first formation.

Abbiati
Abate - CB - CB - MDS
Bonaventura - NdJ - Poli
Honda
Menez (free roaming)
Torres
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 24 2014, 02:29 PM) *
Very curious about the formation and men Pippo will play. I don't think Lopez has recovered yet but could be wrong, and I would never bench Menez when we only have the Serie A to play. After this game he'll have a whole week to rest.

My personal picks would be, as I mentioned in the Empoli topic, either a 4-2-3-1 or 3-4-1-2.

GK
Abate - CB - CB - MDS
Poli - NdJ
Menez - Honda - SES
Torres

or

GK
CB - CB - CB
Abate - Poli - NdJ - Armero
Honda
Torres - Menez

Still undecided about the CBs (except for Boner-head)...

The first one, definitely, I don't like a 3-man backline personally speaking, and the reason for that is because so many factors have to be right for it to work properly, a 3-man backline for us would create even more confusion and panic in an already unstable defence.

And anyway, with the first formation we could sort of switch to that by having De Jong drop back in between the 2 CBs while the FBs push up and even Poli pushes up, just like what we did in the second half vs Empoli, at certain points Poli was the one very high up and connecting the passes around the box, while Bonaventura dropped a little back and De Jong was level with the CBs.

Btw, I also really liked Jack yesterday, but atm there's so much attacking talent who are all doing so well that I really don't know how we can fit them all in, if only we had an iota of that at the centre of defence...
Jack Sparrow
As long as we don't play that flat 3-man midfield, we'll survive this one.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 25 2014, 07:05 AM) *
As long as we don't play that flat 3-man midfield, we'll survive this one.

And Bonera. Don't forget Mr. Catastrophe.
Danny
Bonera & Muntari will continue to start.
Jack Sparrow
In that case I demand Zaccardo, Essien and Niang start too. If we're going to burn to death, might as well explode rather than roast.

smoke.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 25 2014, 02:48 AM) *
Bonera & Muntari will continue to start.

Yep, I have a hunch about that too. And that we will play 4-3-3 again. Pretty much same as previous games.
X-Offender
I can see Bonera playing again (apparently he's very good friends with Pippo), but Muntari I doubt it.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 25 2014, 01:41 PM) *
I can see Bonera playing again (apparently he's very good friends with Pippo), but Muntari I doubt it.

Agreed on that, the fact that Pippo gave him the hook at HT speaks for itself, the Bonera issue is getting ridiculous, this guy must have some serious dirt on the higher ups. There's just no explanation as to why each coach keeps insisting on him. And with Pippo, good friends or not, he's single handedly responsible for us conceding 4 goals in the last 2 games he played in
X-Offender
With Bonera I think it's that coaches view him as an experienced CB, a senator and one of the last survivors of the Ancelotti golden years. However, both Allegri and Seedorf dropped him when they realized what a fucktard he is. Given time, I think Pippo wil drop him too, unless his attachment to an old friend will overweight the technical choice.
Danny
I explained to Han some time ago regarding a Rangers player called Lee McCulloch. If I say Bonera is Milan's Lee McCulloch I'll leave it to him to explain the rest smile.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 25 2014, 02:23 PM) *
I explained to Han some time ago regarding a Rangers player called Lee McCulloch. If I say Bonera is Milan's Lee McCulloch I'll leave it to him to explain the rest smile.gif

The 35+ year old striker that plays in defence right? biggrin.gif laugh.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 25 2014, 05:25 PM) *
The 35+ year old striker that plays in defence right? biggrin.gif laugh.gif

Say what?
Danny
You heard right. Not only that he's totally washed up. Fans are sick of his uselessness, but his being friends with manager Ally McCoist is why he starts every match.

Sound familiar?
X-Offender
Yeah, it does.

But a striker as defender? blink.gif
Danny
Yup. Absolutely ridiculous. And to make matters worse McCoist partners him with the most out of form defender we have, and puts puts our joint best defender at RB and the other on the bench.

Basically it's like McCulloch just HAS to play no matter what, and he's totally washed up so McCoist thinks the best solution is put him in defence.

All he does is run around with his arm in the air appealing offside.

To make matters worse, he's the captain.
Jack Bauer

Really hope they are not wrong.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 25 2014, 10:36 PM) *
Yup. Absolutely ridiculous. And to make matters worse McCoist partners him with the most out of form defender we have, and puts puts our joint best defender at RB and the other on the bench.

Basically it's like McCulloch just HAS to play no matter what, and he's totally washed up so McCoist thinks the best solution is put him in defence.

All he does is run around with his arm in the air appealing offside.

To make matters worse, he's the captain.

For some reason all of this made me lol hard, especially the arm waving part laugh.gif

QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Sep 26 2014, 07:19 AM) *

Really hope they are not wrong.

Hopefully Honda isn't out wide, but I imagine the 3 behind Torres will be very dynamic and switching positions, which could also explain why it's Jack and not SES.
KillerMax
Mastour is injured?

X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 26 2014, 08:27 AM) *
Hopefully Honda isn't out wide, but I imagine the 3 behind Torres will be very dynamic and switching positions, which could also explain why it's Jack and not SES.

Nah, Pippo just likes playing Honda on the wing, like Seedorf. And he's definitely playing Bona instead of SES to give more cover to the midfield. Think it more of a 4-4-1-1 than a pure 4-2-3-1.

QUOTE (KillerMax @ Sep 26 2014, 10:00 AM) *
Mastour is injured?

Yes.
Danny
Is that a predicted team? Interesting to see Pippo change to the Seedorf formation if it is.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 26 2014, 12:41 PM) *
Is that a predicted team? Interesting to see Pippo change to the Seedorf formation if it is.

Yeah, every source is reporting the 4-2-3-1. One reason is because with Monto and MvG out injured, and with Muntari sucking balls we have very few options for a midfield three.
Danny
I still see Bonera and Muntari starting...
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 26 2014, 02:32 PM) *
I still see Bonera and Muntari starting...

dry.gif dry.gif

Don't even say that!!
X-Offender
Apparently Rami might start instead of Alex and Essien instead of Poli.
Fillipo Simone
I'd rather have Alex and Poli out there, but well..
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 28 2014, 11:41 AM) *
I'd rather have Alex and Poli out there, but well..

We'll see.

x-off did you get that info off mediaset?
William405
Milan: Abbiati ; Abate, Rami, Zapata, De Sciglio; De Jong, Poli; Honda, Menez, Bonaventura; Torres

X-Off must be wetting himself now.
X-Offender
QUOTE (William405 @ Sep 28 2014, 01:19 PM) *
Milan: Abbiati ; Abate, Rami, Zapata, De Sciglio; De Jong, Poli; Honda, Menez, Bonaventura; Torres

X-Off must be wetting himself now.

Hahaha, why?
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 28 2014, 03:29 PM) *
Hahaha, why?

Honda in midfield? tongue.gif

Or did Inzaghi change formations?
X-Offender
QUOTE (William405 @ Sep 28 2014, 01:35 PM) *
Honda in midfield? tongue.gif

Or did Inzaghi change formations?

He's actually using him as winger...
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 28 2014, 03:36 PM) *
He's actually using him as winger...

Ahhh. sad.gif
Fillipo Simone
Anyone got stream? Thought my TV will have a live transmission, but they're showing Inter and handball sad.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 28 2014, 02:01 PM) *
Anyone got stream? Thought my TV will have a live transmission, but they're showing Inter and handball sad.gif

http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?matchi...amp;part=sports
Jack Bauer
Great line up.
han2503
Abbiati...

But how was he allowed to walk straight through our defence FFS?? Where were Rami and Zapata?
han2503
That was stupid from Abbiati
han2503
No matter how we start we always seem to concede

Just ridiculous defending
Jack Bauer
Hope Lopez will be back soon.
Fillipo Simone
We're doing it again. And this time, without Bonera and Muntari to blame.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 28 2014, 02:11 PM) *

"Thankfully" there's Abbiati to make up for them...
han2503
Looks like Rami and Zapata are also a nightmare together.

All this while Mexes is on the bench and won't be played for most likely petulant reasons
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 28 2014, 02:11 PM) *

To be fair, it was mostly Abbiati's mistake, how he could push that soft shot onto an oncoming player is beyond me.

This is why he's no longer good enough
han2503
RAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
X-Offender
RAMI!!!
Jack Bauer
RAMIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.