Pages: 1, 2, 3
han2503
Who: Empoli FC vs. AC Milan

Where: Stadio Carlo Castellani

When:
23rd September 2014 @ 8:45pm CET

Head-to-Head Record

X-Offender
According to Tuttosport, Bonera will replace Rami, Van Ginkel might start in midfield, and Torres and Bonaventura will play alongside Menez in attack.

han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 22 2014, 11:14 AM) *
According to Tuttosport, Bonera will replace Rami, Van Ginkel might start in midfield, and Torres and Bonaventura will play alongside Menez in attack.

Tuttosport? Hardly the most reliable of sources. let's just wait and see what mediaset and gazzetta say
X-Offender
If Pippo plays Bonera again, I don't know what to say...
X-Offender
@Milanello: Menez has a minor thigh problem and he could skip the match vs. Empoli (as a precautionary measure). He will be examined later today.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 22 2014, 12:12 PM) *
If Pippo plays Bonera again, I don't know what to say...

I'd be just as p!ssed off don't get me wrong, but Tuttosport are a ridiculous paper, I'm not going to start yelling bloody murder until it's necessary

Also, Menez being out would be a huge blow.
X-Offender
Well, here's Mediaset's line-up. Enjoy!

Abbiati; Abate, Bonera, Zapata, De Sciglio; Poli, De Jong, Van Ginkel; Honda, Torres, Bonaventura.

At least no Muntari.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 22 2014, 02:13 PM) *
Well, here's Mediaset's line-up. Enjoy!

Abbiati; Abate, Bonera, Zapata, De Sciglio; Poli, De Jong, Van Ginkel; Honda, Torres, Bonaventura.

At least no Muntari.

Bonera...

I'd probably take Muntari over him

Although the midfield does look good without him.

Is something wrong with SES? Can't imagine Pippo dropping him if he's fit
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 22 2014, 02:15 PM) *
Bonera...

I'd probably take Muntari over him

Although the midfield does look good without him.

Is something wrong with SES? Can't imagine Pippo dropping him if he's fit

I think SES will be dropped simply because he was a ghost against Juve.
Danny
SES has been incredibly bright this pre-season early season but yes, he was fucking garbage V Juve. His touch was atrocious and he spent most of his time in our half. Offered zero going forward and gave away the ball repeatedly.

I can't even use the injury excuse as we've been using it for 2 years now.

When he's fit, and on form he's excellent. But when he's like he was on Saturday he's a waste of a jersey.

As for Bonera back in, I think we're going to just have to accept he's Milan's Lee McCulloch.
X-Offender
Was the forum offline the past 24 hours or was it just me? unsure.gif
William405
Yes it was, I was starting to get worried!
m1ke
Sorry guys - my bad! blush.gif
m1ke
I think Bonera is a decent player on his day - but those days are few and far between. He was appalling against Parma, and unless Zap/Rami are carrying niggles from the Juve game, surely they're the better option?

Looking forward to seeing Van Ginkel play, and I really hope Torres proves me wrong dry.gif

As I think a clean sheet with this Milan is unlikely, I'm going for a 1-2 win.
X-Offender
QUOTE (m1ke @ Sep 23 2014, 04:04 PM) *

Nah man, on the contrary, thanks for fixing it. king.gif

-

Bonera and Muntari starting. Pippo, Y U do dis??? mad.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (m1ke @ Sep 23 2014, 10:04 AM) *

Good to see you! I thought you abandoned us! We will never reach the holy land without you.. tongue.gif
KillerMax
Bonera means I'm already suspicious about how well we will do today...
Jack Bauer
That's one ugly line-up. It's gonna be a very tough season if Pippo will continue to play with the two clowns so often.
Jack Bauer
Nice coverage by Muntari. 0-1
Babis911
I ve had enough with this defence the last 3 years.....................
X-Offender
Ahahaha, Bonera and Muntari failing miserably at their marking. 1-0. Thank you, Pippo.
X-Offender
Sunday league defending.
rip
Do we hav a defence line today?
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 23 2014, 11:05 PM) *
Sunday league defending.

Much worse.
Fillipo Simone
Bonera is a joke. Please remind me whenever I'll feel the urge to defend him again. Complete and utter fail.
rip
they are playing so well. n we get pressed every time we are in possession
X-Offender
QUOTE (rip @ Sep 23 2014, 08:08 PM) *
they are playing so well. n we get pressed every time we are in possession

It's what happens when you have such a flat midfield. Only Van Ginkel can offer some quality, but he's too green. De Jong and Muntari are simply there to win balls, and Muntari fails miserable at his job. No wonder we're such a mess. Pippo gets nothing. Stability my @ss!
KillerMax
f@ck you Bonera and f@ck you Inzaghi. Yeah you Inzaghi. You are acting like a total jack@ss!
rip
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 23 2014, 08:10 PM) *
It's what happens when you have such a flat midfield. Only Van Ginkel can offer some quality, but he's too green. De Jong and Muntari are simply there to win balls, and Muntari fails miserable at his job. No wonder we're such a mess. Pippo gets nothing. Stability my @ss!

true, Muntari.. wat spell does he have on all the coaches to make them play him
Fillipo Simone
Why the hell is Zapata going up forward? Leaving the slow Bonera even more vulnerable. Good God, what a pairing cry.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (rip @ Sep 23 2014, 08:12 PM) *
true, Muntari.. wat spell does he have on all the coaches to make them play him

He lets them ride on his Lamborghini.
X-Offender
We make Juve look like Barça, and Empoli look like Juve.
rip
Van ginkel injured.. great
rip
so close. almost the third goal for them
X-Offender
Should have been 3-0...
Jack Bauer
It's Sassuolo all over again. Pippo has only himself to blame.
rip
Holy ****. torres scores
X-Offender
Torres!!!
X-Offender
3 assists in 4 games for Abate.
X-Offender
Muntari nearly being sent off.
rip
Bonera handled the ball ... that could have been given as a penalty
Fillipo Simone
Zapata and Bonera are like a comic act repeating one gag after another. Just plainly terrible!!

Muntari has to go off, one way or the other.

And finally...what's going on with this team? Even newlings like van Ginkel acting like they're in a slumber party.
amancik
Muntari and Bonera unsurprisingly very poor in the first half. The change of formation right after Van Ginkel's injury was effective.
X-Offender
QUOTE (amancik @ Sep 23 2014, 08:35 PM) *
Muntari and Bonera unsurprisingly very poor in the first half. The change of formation right after Van Ginkel's injury was effective.

It's what I've been advocating all this time. With a more offensive mid we were more dangerous upfront, midfield didn't seem completely detached from attack and Empoli inadvertently became more cautious enabling us to press them more in their own half.
amancik
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 24 2014, 04:39 AM) *
It's what I've been advocating all this time. With a more offensive mid we were more dangerous upfront, midfield didn't seem completely detached from attack and Empoli inadvertently became more cautious enabling us to press them more in their own half.

Agree. I think 4-2-3-1 is the way to go considering how lousy our midfield is. At least the double pivot can focus on helping our abysmal defence whereas the front four can focus on attacking.
X-Offender
QUOTE (amancik @ Sep 23 2014, 08:41 PM) *
Agree. I think 4-2-3-1 is the way to go considering how lousy our midfield is. At least the double pivot can focus on helping our abysmal defence whereas the front four can focus on attacking.

Yes, I agree. Honda in the hole, SES and Menez on the wings, De Jong and Poli in the double pivot. It'd be the most appropriate solution.
amancik
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 24 2014, 04:45 AM) *
Yes, I agree. Honda in the hole, SES and Menez on the wings, De Jong and Poli in the double pivot. It'd be the most appropriate solution.

That's what I would do too. But so far I've not seen Menez on the right and Honda in the middle. I hope Inzaghi knows that 4-3-3 leaves us terribly exposed in the middle. We need to get the ball to our offensive players but if we can't even build from the back through our midfielders, then that's why partly why SES (in the previous game) and Torres (before the formation change) were ghosts in the game.
amancik
Muntari Out, Poli In. Let's see how this goes.
KillerMax
I really want either a slow mo gif or a still of the exact right moment when Bonera handled the ball in the penalty area. He looks hilarious doing it.. biggrin.gif
X-Offender
I haven't seen such bad defending even under Allegri...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.