Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cristante
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Players > Past Players
KillerMax

Role: Midfielder
Jersey: 24
Birth date: 03/03/1995
Birth place: San Vito al Tagliamento (PN)
Height: 186
Weight: 78
kurtsimonw
BECOME A BEAST PLEASE!
TriniKing_CE
IS THIS CLUB IS FCUKING RETARDED OR SOMETHING???!?! dry.gif mad.gif realmad.gif realmad.gif realmad.gif

http://www.football-italia.net/55319/benfi...e-cristante-fee mad.gif

So we sell our own prospect (Cristante) to develop Chelsea's (Van Ginkel) - this makes no sense!!! unsure.gif huh.gif
han2503
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Sep 1 2014, 03:07 PM) *
IS THIS CLUB IS FCUKING RETARDED OR SOMETHING???!?! dry.gif mad.gif realmad.gif realmad.gif realmad.gif

http://www.football-italia.net/55319/benfi...e-cristante-fee mad.gif

So we sell our own prospect (Cristante) to develop Chelsea's (Van Ginkel) - this makes no sense!!! unsure.gif huh.gif

Maybe there's something going on behind the scenes we don't know about, either with Van Ginkel's loan or someone else is coming in as well.

6m for Cristante who's never really played any top fligh football aside from a couple of cameos last season is a good deal imo
kurtsimonw
Yeah, let's not give our youth any chances and then sell them because they barely play.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 1 2014, 03:16 PM) *
Yeah, let's not give our youth any chances and then sell them because they barely play.

Inzaghi most likely okay'd this sale, and Pippo has coached him in the Primavera as well. I think he's a good player and has some potential, but I can see him going down the same career part like Cigarini for example.
han2503
Apparently Cristante asked to be sold as Pippo couldn't guarantee him playing time
Jack Sparrow
Oh. Okay. That explains it then, to some extent.
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 1 2014, 03:38 PM) *
Oh. Okay. That explains it then, to some extent.

In all fairness we could have easily loaned him to a Serie A side, I'm sure many would have wanted him, but it could be a case where he rejected any loan move and only wanted a permanent transfer to another club

Still for a player who I can count the amount of pro games he's played in one hand, 6m is a very good deal.
drucurl
This is fucking disgraceful
Fucking fake youth project
Jack Bauer
Only 19 y.o, one of the most promising players from primavera in recent years, so at least loan him out to another Serie A team or even abroad to see how he develops. So fucking stupid and we are gonna regret it imo.
TriniKing_CE

...Past Players!
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Sep 1 2014, 11:38 PM) *
Only 19 y.o, one of the most promising players from primavera in recent years, so at least loan him out to another Serie A team or even abroad to see how he develops. So fucking stupid and we are gonna regret it imo.

We very well might regret it, except each player has a valuation and if that is met then the player is sold. Or otherwise, if he is actually very very good and there is no room in the team - share his costs to a third party via a loan.

In any case, we honestly can't hold onto every youth player that graduates is where I'm coming from. There are honestly a thousand and one reasons if we were to sit and argue at every corner of the matter; except we are guessing. Think in simple terms the coach did not want the player and there was a club out there willing to pay above the kids valuation, and that was it.

We will have more kids coming through Inshallah, and if all goes well then they break into the first team otherwise having Milan youth grade players plying their trade in Europe's top leagues, kinda like Ajax's youth academy (without drawing too much comparisons through details, as ours is still in its infancy).
TriniKing_CE

han2503
In this case it's not about Galliani's stupidity though, and I'm not going to argue with you about certain points you made R7 because I still don't agree with you. If a player is really talented and we are sure that he'll turn out great (De Sciglio) we can refuse whatever offer comes.

In this case Cristante wanted to go to Benfica, we couldn't assure him that we'd give him what he wanted and he didn't want to be loaned, so we had to sell him
TriniKing_CE
Galliani: "Cristante wanted to join a foreign club. He didn't want to play against Milan."

Galliani: "Benfica initially wanted to sign Cristante on loan, but he said no. He only wanted a permanent deal."
han2503
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Sep 1 2014, 09:39 PM) *
Galliani: "Cristante wanted to join a foreign club. He didn't want to play against Milan."

Galliani: "Benfica initially wanted to sign Cristante on loan, but he said no. He only wanted a permanent deal."

Galliani: "Cristante asked to be sold. We wanted to loan him out, but he didn't want that."
Rossoneri7
In my post I did say there was a thousand and one reasons for us to argue over this deal, except we are having a guess. I do not know if he will turn out good or not, that is a matter only time will tell. Afterall, we had Henry and Viera, yet passed them on to later shine for Arsenal. We can go on and on about it, but 6m is the price to take him from Milan. Had it been SES or Mastour Id be burning down their casa milan for you.
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 2 2014, 12:41 AM) *
Galliani: "Cristante asked to be sold. We wanted to loan him out, but he didn't want that."

Won't surprise me if he's lying. Wouldn't be the first or 100k time.

Even now I would rather have Cristante in the squad than garbage like Essien or Muntari.
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 1 2014, 09:46 PM) *
In my post I did say there was a thousand and one reasons for us to argue over this deal, except we are having a guess. I do not know if he will turn out good or not, that is a matter only time will tell. Afterall, we had Henry and Viera, yet passed them on to later shine for Arsenal. We can go on and on about it, but 6m is the price to take him from Milan. Had it been SES or Mastour Id be burning down their casa milan for you.

Henry was Juve's mistake, not ours (one less thing to blame on Galliani at least tongue.gif)

And personally I'm indifferent about it as I never was as impressed as others by him, but I'm just making a point that if a player is deemed valuable enough, Galliani should be moving heaven and earth to keep him with us. I guess they don't really see that in Cristante.

Plus I think there's an even more talented midfielder in our Primavera, that's Modic.

This is just like what happened with Merkel imo, whatever happened to him?

QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Sep 1 2014, 09:55 PM) *
Won't surprise me if he's lying. Wouldn't be the first or 100k time.

Even now I would rather have Cristante in the squad than garbage like Essien or Muntari.

I tend to believe him in this case.

And believe me, no one wants Muntari and Essien out as much as me, but it seems like Pippo trusts them more than Cristante, and this was made blatantly obvious yesterday when he started with Muntari and replaced him with Essien instead of Cristante
ganney
this deal reminds me so much of how Chelsea goofed and handed Matic+ £21M to Benfica in the David Luiz deal only to go back in to sign the same kid for £21M.
Chelsea can afford this goof, we can't!
KillerMax
Please move to past players. dry.gif
han2503
Moved
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (ganney @ Sep 1 2014, 06:23 PM) *
this deal reminds me so much of how Chelsea goofed and handed Matic+ £21M to Benfica in the David Luiz deal only to go back in to sign the same kid for £21M.
Chelsea can afford this goof, we can't!

Well it played out well in the end for Chelsea anyway. They managed to sell Luiz for £50m

Should Cristante ever return to us we'd just be making a loss. sad.gif sleep.gif dry.gif
TriniKing_CE

Starting a new adventure in a great club! I thank Milan and all Milan fans for everything! Força Benfica

kurtsimonw
He only turned 19 in March, which means basically all of last season he was 18. How we can decide that an 18 year old isn't good enough, after giving him 1 start, I'll never know.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 2 2014, 02:42 PM) *
He only turned 19 in March, which means basically all of last season he was 18. How we can decide that an 18 year old isn't good enough, after giving him 1 start, I'll never know.

Not "not good enough" I just personally don't see the crazy potential others see in him. I think he'll become a decent player, but not the next Xavi some Milan fans are already picturing him as.

That being said, the kid wanted to go, he didn't wan to be loaned which is what Galliani wanted to do. And we never could have assured him the amount of playing time he wanted, so we sold him (for a great price imo for a player who's only ever started one game with a senior, top flight side)
Jack Sparrow
If he were insanely good, age wouldn't have mattered. We've got Hachim on the bench at 16, we've started Pato at 17 etc.

He was a good player with a lot of space to improve. I wrote a monster post about it even. We couldn't have afforded him the space to play, make mistakes and grow due to our current situation.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 2 2014, 07:51 PM) *
If he were insanely good, age wouldn't have mattered. We've got Hachim on the bench at 16, we've started Pato at 17 etc.

He was a good player with a lot of space to improve. I wrote a monster post about it even. We couldn't have afforded him the space to play, make mistakes and grow due to our current situation.

No, because Milan's other midfielders aren't prone to making mistakes. It's laughable how poor Milan's midfielders are, and yet prospects don't get to play. Insane.

So that means three years later Hachim will get sold as well. Surely whatever an other team will be offering is too much for Milan to refuse.

This is quote shocked me.
Jack Sparrow
Right. Okay. Seeing as you've made your decision already, there's no point in this discussion. Did you also similarly rage about Yoann Gourcuff when we let him go? I see he proved all of us right with his sparkling potential and becoming the next Zidane.

And Yoann was hyped two or three times as much as Cristante.

He wanted a permanent deal. We wanted a loan. His decision is what matters. He had the class and respect to move out of Italy coz he didn't want to play against Milan. I hold him in the highest esteem and wish him all the best. But no, I don't bemoan this transfer because I understand it perfectly, from both sides of the coin- Cristante's and Milan's.
CHU-LIP
Are you saying Cristante's attitude is as bad as Gourcuff's was?
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 2 2014, 07:03 PM) *
Right. Okay. Seeing as you've made your decision already, there's no point in this discussion. Did you also similarly rage about Yoann Gourcuff when we let him go? I see he proved all of us right with his sparkling potential and becoming the next Zidane.

Gourcuff would've had to compete with Kaka', Ronaldinho, Pirlo, Seedorf, etc. Cristante had to compete with Poli, Essien and Muntari.

Massive difference. Gourcuff was also 22, not just turned 19.
X-Offender
I think he wanted to play as protagonist this summer, but going after Van Ginkel must have made him realize that he wasn't going to get much space, hence his decision to leave.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 2 2014, 11:25 PM) *
I think he wanted to play as protagonist this summer, but going after Van Ginkel must have made him realize that he wasn't going to get much space, hence his decision to leave.

I think that's a defeatist attitude to have, Niang is on the same boat as him, actually he's probably been more overhyped than Cristante and he's been wanted by EPL sides like Newcastle and their French army, yet he's kept his head down and worked hard when he got the chance and he's said this summer he wants to stay and fight for a spot rather than go on loan.

I think Cristante just wanted an easier road, had he really loved Milan and his sole ambition was to be a starter here like most of us thought, he would have stayed or accepted the opportunity to go on loan to a Serie A side where he can learn without all the added pressure
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.