Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [GER] Bundesliga 2014-15
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Milan Are Brilliant
Bundesliga talk in here...
Fillipo Simone
This season I'm gonna be most definitely pro-Dortmund. But I expect another one sided season with only maybe Dortmund interfering.
X-Offender
Dortmund need to hold onto Hummels and Reus, and sign a quality right winger if they wanna compete for the title.
Fillipo Simone
They've made a couple of signings up till now. I think they'll miss a central striker like Lewandowski more then the right wing. They still have both Grosskreutz and Kuba for that position, plus Ramos now.
Danny
Germany is such a weird league. Dortmund & Schalke are very very good teams but Bayern are like the old Lyon of France that used to win La Ligue pretty much by default, no matter who their manager was.

It's such an uncompetitive league.
Fillipo Simone
Schalke? Hmh, I don't know, I'd never count Schalke in. You see, they're losers by default, so to say.

Once you had Bremen, Leverkusen and a club like Schalke all in it till the end. But now you're right, it's like Lyon winning the Championat, but with Bayern you can expect this to last decades.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 20 2014, 05:15 PM) *
They've made a couple of signings up till now. I think they'll miss a central striker like Lewandowski more then the right wing. They still have both Grosskreutz and Kuba for that position, plus Ramos now.

They got Immobile, who's good enough I suppose.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 20 2014, 08:05 PM) *
Germany is such a weird league. Dortmund & Schalke are very very good teams but Bayern are like the old Lyon of France that used to win La Ligue pretty much by default, no matter who their manager was.

It's such an uncompetitive league.

I wouldn't say Schalke are "very good".

I agree though, Bayern win the league or Bayern lose the league (mostly). It's very rare a team actually wins the title by dominating (like Atletico did last season in La Liga). Dortmund are pretty much the only exception in a while.

I really hope Dortmund can make a push, but even if they beat Bayern home and away, they'll drop too many points in other games I think.

It's Bayerns to lose again, but they simply have too much. They'll win by double figures again, their squad is just too good.
Danny
In my defence I barely watch Bundesliga and I knew Schalke were in CL so just assumed they were half decent haha.
X-Offender
Bayern have signed Xabi Alonso for €10 million and will pay him €10 million for the next two years. laugh.gif
Fillipo Simone
Wow. Panic buy or what? Makes one raise the question why they sold Kroos in the first place.

Guardiola is trying to turn Bayern into a Spanish colony.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 28 2014, 12:15 PM) *
Bayern have signed Xabi Alonso for €10 million and will pay him €10 million for the next two years. laugh.gif

Now this is a Gallianiesque type of signing if I ever saw one!!
Jack Sparrow
What the f@ck are Madrid thinking? I don't know if they need FFP that bad. So with Di Maria and Xabi Alonso and the wages saved from Lopez and these two, have they paid for Rodriguez and Kroos?

Also why let Alonso go?!! He is vital for them.
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 28 2014, 02:42 PM) *
What the f@ck are Madrid thinking? I don't know if they need FFP that bad. So with Di Maria and Xabi Alonso and the wages saved from Lopez and these two, have they paid for Rodriguez and Kroos?

Also why let Alonso go?!! He is vital for them.

I don't think they see it that way anymore, this is typical Real, it's not about the money, they just wanted new names, especially ones that are more marketable, James and Kroos are exactly the type of "Golactico" signing they would go for.

They were probably just bored of Di Maria and Alonso. Khedira could be next before the season ends and they bring in Falcao or Reus as has been rumoured
KillerMax
http://youtu.be/p4sTSyQXixE
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Sep 26 2014, 01:08 PM) *

Even Robinho laughed at that.
X-Offender
That's absolutely insane, but if you look closely the ball does bounce just as he's about to hit it. So, blame it a bit on the crappy pitch.
X-Offender
I just realized that Dortmund are second to last with only 7 points, having lost 7 of their 10 games. WHAT?!

PS: Meanwhile in the CL they have (as of right now) 12 points, 10 goals scored and 0 conceded. WTF?! laugh.gif
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 4 2014, 09:34 PM) *
I just realized that Dortmund are second to last with only 7 points, having lost 7 of their 10 games. WHAT?!

PS: Meanwhile in the CL they have (as of right now) 12 points, 10 goals scored and 0 conceded. WTF?! laugh.gif

Jekyll and Hyde syndrome, we used to experience this under Carlo, obviously not this severe, but there usually is a reason for this. Most likely domestic teams know how to nullify them while continental ones can't
Danny
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 28 2014, 11:23 AM) *
Wow. Panic buy or what? Makes one raise the question why they sold Kroos in the first place.

Guardiola is trying to turn Bayern into a Spanish colony.

Never saw this thread. First off it's turned out to be a shrewd piece of business. Real signed a younger model and Bayern saw a world class DM available for around £5M. They sold Kroos for FFP purposes and Alonso is absolutely perfect in the same role.

Smart and clever signing - Milan would kill small children for a player as good as Alonso. Brilliant though De Jong is, Alonso is better.

Many could even argue he's better than Kroos himself. But age counts, pardon the pun.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Nov 5 2014, 12:19 AM) *
Never saw this thread. First off it's turned out to be a shrewd piece of business. Real signed a younger model and Bayern saw a world class DM available for around £5M. They sold Kroos for FFP purposes and Alonso is absolutely perfect in the same role.

Smart and clever signing - Milan would kill small children for a player as good as Alonso. Brilliant though De Jong is, Alonso is better.

Many could even argue he's better than Kroos himself. But age counts, pardon the pun.

You can't really compare De Jong and Alonso though, De Jong is a pure DM, nothing more, Alonso is a creator more than an enforcer. And yes, I'd kill to have him in this team, but just like Khedira and Isco, it would/will never happen
Danny
Alonso is widely regarded as a DM/CM. And De Jong has 2 goals plus quite a few shots. The guy is adding to his game.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Nov 5 2014, 10:44 PM) *
Alonso is widely regarded as a DM/CM. And De Jong has 2 goals plus quite a few shots. The guy is adding to his game.

He's considered a DM because of the position he occupies, just like Pirlo is sometimes considered a DM. For me both are deep lying playmakers no matter how you wish to pain them, generally I'd use a CM to describe them although there are many different type of CMs so that's a hole other Pandora's box there

As for De Jong and him scoring goals, for me that's not something I really take into account when identifying what type of mid a player is. De Jong is fairly limited on the ball imo
X-Offender
Dortmund last with only 11 points. 3 wins, 2 draws and 8 losses! What the hell happened to these guys?
kurtsimonw
No idea. They've been fine in the CL. Lost to Arsenal in a game that didn't matter, the first time they played Arsenal it could've been about 6-0 they were that good.
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 5 2014, 10:21 PM) *
He's considered a DM because of the position he occupies, just like Pirlo is sometimes considered a DM. For me both are deep lying playmakers no matter how you wish to pain them, generally I'd use a CM to describe them although there are many different type of CMs so that's a hole other Pandora's box there

As for De Jong and him scoring goals, for me that's not something I really take into account when identifying what type of mid a player is. De Jong is fairly limited on the ball imo

No one considers Pirlo a DM. He's a hybrid and unique player created by Carlo - as you know he was a trequartista at Inter, but Carlo had the brainwave of putting that kind of player in the DM slot, creating, as you say, the DLP.

Pirlo was the first, and I'd agree Alonso is that kind of player but with more defensive responsibility than Pirlo has.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 1 2014, 01:58 PM) *
Dortmund last with only 11 points. 3 wins, 2 draws and 8 losses! What the hell happened to these guys?

Implosion of constantly losing your best players and in their case not really replacing them with similar quality.

It's an extreme example of it, and they're clearly not the worst team in that league, but they punched above their weight in 2012/2013 and last season and now they're basically having a horrible hangover from the total lack of success it actually brought.

Immobile is a decent striker but nowhere near Lewandowski, and Ramos is plain average. And in midfield take out the brilliant Gotze and replace with Kagawa.

That all said they do have a much better squad than their current form suggests. It's probably the worst post-success hangover in modern football history.

Imagine how bad they'd have been had they actually won anything the past two seasons (I'm not going to count their charity shield).
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 1 2014, 04:58 PM) *

Many small or big factors mingling together.

Firstly, they lost important players like Götze or Lewandowski. Secondly, the made transfers more in terms of quantity then real quality. Thirdly the constant injury crisis.

In the end, they lost confidence. While leaders like Hummels still don't play, the team actually does create loads of chances, yet misses to score. Against Frankfurt for example they were vastly superior and should have scored both the equalizer and the lead goal, but instead they missed and misses up until Frankfurt broke them with the 2-0.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 2 2014, 02:52 AM) *
No one considers Pirlo a DM. He's a hybrid and unique player created by Carlo - as you know he was a trequartista at Inter, but Carlo had the brainwave of putting that kind of player in the DM slot, creating, as you say, the DLP.

Pirlo was the first, and I'd agree Alonso is that kind of player but with more defensive responsibility than Pirlo has.

I forgot what we were initially discussing here Danny tongue.gif

Sure, Alonso is more capable defensively than Pirlo is, but I'd never personally classify Alonso as a DM personally
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 2 2014, 01:45 PM) *
I forgot what we were initially discussing here Danny tongue.gif

Sure, Alonso is more capable defensively than Pirlo is, but I'd never personally classify Alonso as a DM personally

I'd compromise and say Alonso himself is a hybrid player. Doesn't quite have the vision of Pirlo, but still very creative and uses the ball extremely well, all the while helping out defence as well. Very much like Kroos really.

De Jong is a more traditional DM (a position which is really dying out tbh) whose focus is on enforcing and destroying in the middle, but he too is good with the ball and can occasionally support attack.

Once upon a time a raw DM (Keane, Makelele, Emerson) was a regular thing - nowadays that position doesn't truly exist, and anyone in that slot has to be much more general and capable of attacking - your Pirlos, Alonsos, Toure, Busquets - none of them can really be called a DM - they're a new position, sometimes called DLP.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.