Full Version: [CL] Champions League 2014-15
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Milan Are Brilliant
All Champions League talk in here...
Rossoneri7
innocent.gif
Danny
First season of my entire life neither Rangers or Milan have European competition. Utterly weird.

PS: I heard word that Milan and Utd might be trying to arrange friendlies with each other to compensate for lack of the above. Should get others involved, like Rangers.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 20 2014, 09:02 PM) *
First season of my entire life neither Rangers or Milan have European competition. Utterly weird.

Weird indeed.

With Milan out, who's gonna be your favorite/team you support?
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 20 2014, 04:57 PM) *
Weird indeed.

I'll be backing PSG to an extent, in hope that Ibra & Thiago can bag a CL.
Danny
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 20 2014, 07:57 PM) *
Weird indeed.

That's a good question. Possibly Atleti. In reality, not really anyone. You?
X-Offender
Roma or Napoli for me.
Jack Sparrow
Real Madrid for Carlo. Newcastle in England. And #TeamZlatan.
Fillipo Simone
For me it's maybe PSG and Napoli, but surely not the same way I'd support Milan.
han2503
PSG and Roma are the obvious choices, can't stand to see any of the others win it.
Fillipo Simone
Well, I wouldn't mind Ajax, Dortmund or some other underdog team lift the cup, but this won't happen.
kurtsimonw
Serie A + PSG + Madrid.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 21 2014, 09:37 AM) *
Well, I wouldn't mind Ajax, Dortmund or some other underdog team lift the cup, but this won't happen.

Oh yeah, Dortmund for me too.
Jack Sparrow
Yeah I like Klopp. When I was in Munich, there was this very pretty girl at work, who was a Dortmund fan. I've liked the club ever since then. smile.gif
X-Offender
Pity about Napoli. They were a mess in the first half, but they made a U-turn in the second and missed plenty of good chances. In Spain it's gonna be tough.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 19 2014, 10:31 PM) *
Pity about Napoli. They were a mess in the first half, but they made a U-turn in the second and missed plenty of good chances. In Spain it's gonna be tough.

Italy might just end up with 2 teams once again. At this rate we're going to slip behind France and Portugal within the next season or 2
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 20 2014, 06:20 AM) *
Italy might just end up with 2 teams once again. At this rate we're going to slip behind France and Portugal within the next season or 2

We already fell behind!

Both these countries are a fair distance in front of us in terms of club ranking.

http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/d.../trank2015.html

It's only going to get worse for Serie A.
Fillipo Simone
So it's happening. Most probably 2 Italian teams in the CL this year.

Napoli with some appalling defending.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 28 2014, 12:16 AM) *
So it's happening. Most probably 2 Italian teams in the CL this year.

Napoli with some appalling defending.

Napoli lacks a lot on the European front, but they have a coach who has done it twice before. Hope they go through, heck we need them through dry.gif
Fillipo Simone
Naah. I such defending...really can't get you anywhere. The need a normal CB and a good keeper desperately.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 27 2014, 09:41 PM) *
Naah. I such defending...really can't get you anywhere. The need a normal CB and a good keeper desperately.

Yet, people on here still say they have a better defence then ours.

2 teams for Italy... It's just one big downward spiral, we'll be lucky if we have 2 CL places in a couple of years' time at this rate
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 27 2014, 10:47 PM) *
Yet, people on here still say they have a better defence then ours.

One defence conceded 39 and qualified for the CL. One defence conceded 49 and didn't.
KillerMax
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 27 2014, 05:09 PM) *
One defence conceded 39 and qualified for the CL. One defence conceded 49 and didn't.

But I also think attack is the best form of defense and where Napoli are ahead of us is their attack!
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Aug 28 2014, 12:11 AM) *
But I also think attack is the best form of defense and where Napoli are ahead of us is their attack!

That's where we're going wrong then, we should play with 10 strikers.
acid911
The league is volatile right now, people. sleep.gif 20 managerial changes in Serie A last season. Goals, defenses, attacks, forms and qualifications only count after stability. Financial and administrative.
KillerMax
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 27 2014, 05:20 PM) *
That's where we're going wrong then, we should play with 10 strikers.

I can kick your lanky @ss you know.
X-Offender
Napoli's defending, no words. I always said their defenders were never better than ours.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 28 2014, 12:24 AM) *
Napoli's defending, no words. I always said their defenders were never better than ours.

You also said Roma's sucked, but here's Benatia with a 15M+ move to Bayern.

PS Bilbao could beat any team in Serie A at home with ease. Furthermore Napoli drew the first match in Naples.

What I will say is whether it's defending, midfield or attack - Serie A as a whole is just f*ckin' rotten now. It's been surpassed by the likes of France and Portugal completely, and Juve & Roma will get trashed in the CL this season.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 28 2014, 01:30 AM) *

I never said it sucked, just that it wasn't much better than ours. And I did say that Benatia is/was their only good defender.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 28 2014, 02:30 AM) *

I remembering to dare say I wanted us to sign him. laugh.gif

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 20 2013, 02:10 PM) *
I wanted us to get Benatia, he's far from mediocre. We get stuck with Mexes and Zapata FFS.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 20 2013, 02:20 PM) *
Benatia is Zapata level IMO.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 20 2013, 03:06 PM) *
Benetia? Really? Mexes is a better defender than him and also a better footballer.

I wonder why Bayern weren't interested in the chuckle brothers instead?
Fillipo Simone
So now Bayern is the measure of things? A team with the Boateng-Dante duo and a Milan-age van Buyten? Really?
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 27 2014, 11:09 PM) *

Napoli are a better unit, not defence, the names they have in that area are laughable.

On the other hand we've been a mess for a while, we only started to do something in terms of team organization to help out the defence under Seedorf last season when we were far more compact and produced far better numbers.

Napoli's defence yesterday just made fools of themselves, that third goal was just idiotic

RE: Benatia, I still think he's good to ok, but he's certainly not a great or top class defender, don't kid yourselves, Roma's system made him look far better than he truly is and to show what a major and total pr!ck he is, he forced his way out to Bayern after Roma put him on the map. The key to having a great defence is having an even better midfield and Roma absolutely have that, same goes with Juve, look at the trio kurt used to hail so loudly of Chiellini, Bonucci, Barzagli for Italy, they look like bumbling idiots most of the time
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 28 2014, 09:21 AM) *
So now Bayern is the measure of things? A team with the Boateng-Dante duo and a Milan-age van Buyten? Really?

Certainly says more than a CB not wanted by Villarreal and a CB not wanted by Valencia.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 28 2014, 09:35 AM) *
look at the trio kurt used to hail so loudly of Chiellini, Bonucci, Barzagli for Italy, they look like bumbling idiots most of the time

Do they? At the World Cup defence was the last of Italy's problems, they couldn't score. At the Euros, it mostly fell apart when they played a back 4 and Chiellini went off.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 28 2014, 09:32 AM) *
Certainly says more than a CB not wanted by Villarreal and a CB not wanted by Valencia.

Do they? At the World Cup defence was the last of Italy's problems, they couldn't score. At the Euros, it mostly fell apart when they played a back 4 and Chiellini went off.

Chiellini is the only decent one out of the lot of them imo. Just look through the Juve forum, they absolutely despise Bonucci and aren't too happy about Barzagli either, and these guys probably watch them more than we do

And I beg to defer about the World Cup. The defending was an absolute joke, Chiellini kept making mistakes, Barzagli was so slow it was painful to watch and Bonucci is just Bonucci. I get that it was mostly down to Prandelli's constant messing about with the midfield/formation/tactics in every one of the games played, but all 3 contributed to the downfall as well, scoring goals was an issue, but so was keeping a clean sheet

And I disagree about the Euros, Italy looked their best in that competition when Prandelli utilised the diamond midfield vs England and Germany
X-Offender
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 28 2014, 07:50 AM) *
I remembering to dare say I wanted us to sign him. laugh.gif

I wonder why Bayern weren't interested in the chuckle brothers instead?

How nice of you to quote something I said nearly a year ago, when only a few weeks ago I considered Benatia as Roma's best defender and the only one who's good compared to the rest.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 28 2014, 12:13 PM) *
Chiellini is the only decent one out of the lot of them imo. Just look through the Juve forum, they absolutely despise Bonucci and aren't too happy about Barzagli either, and these guys probably watch them more than we do

Juve fans rate Barzagli for the most part, I agree they aren't sold on Bonucci though.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 28 2014, 01:13 PM) *
How nice of you to quote something I said nearly a year ago, when only a few weeks ago I considered Benatia as Roma's best defender and the only one who's good compared to the rest.

Yeah, because that's the point I wanted to sign him and was told by a few people that he's not exactly that good. If you changed your mind on him recently, good.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 28 2014, 09:21 AM) *

Boateng isn't too bad imo, just inconsistent.

Dante is an absolute liability.
han2503
Juve always with an easy group, let's see how they f@ck it up this time
milanbuf88
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 28 2014, 04:21 AM) *

If Badstuber can get healthy and get a good run of games I think their best pairing might be Badstuber and Benatia.
Fillipo Simone
Juve lucky, Roma pretty unlucky. As usual. One Italian club in the last 16. As bad as it gets.
Ry4n
han2503
QUOTE (Ry4n @ Sep 4 2014, 02:16 PM) *

How come Pippo is there but no other Serie A coaches aside from Benitez?
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 4 2014, 03:50 PM) *
How come Pippo is there but no other Serie A coaches aside from Benitez?

I was asking myself the same.
kurtsimonw
Not many from EPL either. Good.
Milan Are Brilliant
Is AVB lost? laugh.gif
Rossoneri7
Where's the special one?
kurtsimonw
There's a UEFA logo in the bakcground, I imagine he's avoiding it like the plague.
KillerMax
Too much Platini, not enough Mourinho.
Ry4n
As long as theres Carlo , Pippo , Klopp and Collina !! I'm good ,could not care for the rest tho !

Fergie and that tikki takka guy puke.gif puke.gif
kurtsimonw
I miss Collina.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.