Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alex...Menez...Agazzi
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
Danny
It's not quite Silva, Robben and Courtois but this team is bringing in players and trying to ship out the majority of the dead wood.

We're working on deals all the time (Iturbe in progress), both incoming and outgoing, and while there is a long way to go, we are moving in a new direction.

Whether it's the right one, only time will tell, but next season cannot be as bad as last was.

Does anyone else share my cautious optimism?
il_diavolo_mtl
I know agazzi was statistically the worst keeper in Serie A in a major category like Save% or %of shots converted into goals. Outside of that we can't be paying too much for him... I really wish Gabriel can be given a chance, he's shown me that he deserves a bit of faith
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 28 2014, 03:51 PM) *
It's not quite Silva, Robben and Courtois but this team is bringing in players and trying to ship out the majority of the dead wood.

We're working on deals all the time (Iturbe in progress), both incoming and outgoing, and while there is a long way to go, we are moving in a new direction.

Whether it's the right one, only time will tell, but next season cannot be as bad as last was.

I do. I know Han doesn't, though.
Jack Sparrow
For me more than the transfers, I love the fact that we're getting down to wrapping things up nice and early. The coach is actually being given time to have a good look at his team and make up some plans.

The problem with getting a star player so late in the window is always that you're stuck having to throw all the old plans out the window.

I hope Pippo can do something with this unit.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 29 2014, 12:06 AM) *
I do. I know Han doesn't, though.

Han's mentally unstable though wink.gif JOKE Hanny boy smile.gif
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 28 2014, 11:51 AM) *

I'm not completely sold on Aggazi, but I think overall we seem to be executing a 'plan' which is good, cuz it seemed like we lacked one for a very long while. The transfers thus far were decent and the rumors are promising. Time will surely tell, but for now I think there is more reason to have hope, rather than doubt!

QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Jun 28 2014, 02:54 PM) *
I know agazzi was statistically the worst keeper in Serie A in a major category like Save% or %of shots converted into goals. Outside of that we can't be paying too much for him... I really wish Gabriel can be given a chance, he's shown me that he deserves a bit of faith

When? unsure.gif blink.gif

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 29 2014, 02:35 AM) *
For me more than the transfers, I love the fact that we're getting down to wrapping things up nice and early. The coach is actually being given time to have a good look at his team and make up some plans.

The problem with getting a star player so late in the window is always that you're stuck having to throw all the old plans out the window.

I hope Pippo can do something with this unit.

Yup a lot of activity already and we haven't even 'officially' entered the transfer season yet.

Hopefully with time the transfers will continue in a similar manner, and we don't start making our usual 'stupid & unnecessary' deals!

I hope by next month the starting team & rotational players can be just about finalized, so as you said we can get a good month in of the team training together.

It would be really nice for a change if our preseason can start with the core of our team (starters & rotational guys) getting at least a month together to begin the gelling process.
Fillipo Simone
Yes and no. It's good that for the first time we've made some early (important) signings. But the dead weight we have at the club is almost unsellable. These loan deals are just temporary solutions.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 10 2014, 11:45 PM) *
Yes and no. It's good that for the first time we've made some early (important) signings. But the dead weight we have at the club is almost unsellable. These loan deals are just temporary solutions.

We can just re-loan them next season, like we're doing with Matri, Nocerino, Vergara etc. Their contracts with us will eventually run out. What's important is that we don't sign any more dead weight, like Cerci.
Fillipo Simone
Yes, but we still pay a part of their salary, no? That's a issue if you ask me (at least for Matri).
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 11 2014, 04:38 AM) *
Yes, but we still pay a part of their salary, no? That's a issue if you ask me (at least for Matri).

Yes, Nocerino too.

Nothing really changed. Yes, we are shipping off some dead weight but still embarrassedly broke, mostly signing freebies and only have money for one 'big' signing (big in Milan this days is over 10m, ala Matri last year, which is just sad), who probably will be somebody of Cerci's quality.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.