Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Screw this management.
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
Linkman
I seriously can't stand watching them do this to Seedorf. Won't be watching this season. So long fellas, see you in a season or two maybe.
acid911
Don't watch, but stay, man. sad.gif I'm with you all the way in condemning the management (and hoping that they get all the humiliation that they deserve with these volatile decision), but still, you can find your way around it, drop in every now and then.
Jack Sparrow
As much as I'd love to get on the bandwagon and feel horrid about Seedorf (I do actually), I have to hold my horses and see what the reasons given are.

Perhaps Seedorf really never had the dressing room, and it was Silvio and co. telling the players to put up till season end. In that case it makes no sense to continue on with Zee.

It was a mistake to hire him on a long contract for sure, but better to correct it as soon as possible rather than extending one's woes.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 28 2014, 06:28 AM) *
As much as I'd love to get on the bandwagon and feel horrid about Seedorf (I do actually), I have to hold my horses and see what the reasons given are.

Perhaps Seedorf really never had the dressing room, and it was Silvio and co. telling the players to put up till season end. In that case it makes no sense to continue on with Zee.

It was a mistake to hire him on a long contract for sure, but better to correct it as soon as possible rather than extending one's woes.

Can't say you're wrong with that logic.
kurtsimonw
Some people deserve the benefit of the doubt, Silvio is not one of those.
Danny
No true Milan fan will abandon the club no matter what the idiots at the top do.

Support the team, not those who run it.

I'll still be here come rain or shine and I know Linkman will too.

Just an emotional reaction which come match day he'll change his mind on.

I myself am taking time out of Rangers given the cr*p going on there but I know I'll be there come match day.
X-Offender
If the next few years are going to be a repetition of last season, then I wouldn't be surprised if many people stopped their support. It'd be too much to handle.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 28 2014, 03:38 PM) *
If the next few years are going to be a repetition of last season, then I wouldn't be surprised if many people stopped their support. It'd be too much to handle.

It's just too deep in the blood for us to stop.

Believe me, I totally emphasise and sympathise but no matter how awful it gets, love for your team(s) is always going to win in the end.
han2503
If I didn't stop watching this season or last when our football was so bad it drove you to literally wanting to gouge your eyes out with a blunt and rusty object, then it's safe to say that I'll never stop watching this team play, no matter what happens.
X-Offender
One awful season is bearable. 4-5 consecutive ones? I'm not so sure.
dst
I've always felt a bit guilty supporting a team that's so successful so I don't mind enduring the hard times now. It's a bit romantic as well, the struggle to get through this and all that. I don't watch nearly as many football games as I used to, I felt really disappointed seeing Maldini treated like that in his last game and ever since I spend more time watching US sports than football.

You can't stop supporting your team though if you really love her. If what you love is your team's success that's a different thing.
kurtsimonw
I feel like I'm punished enough supporting Villa and England. Give me a break!
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 29 2014, 01:04 AM) *
I feel like I'm punished enough supporting Villa and England. Give me a break!

Rangers. Scotland.

'Nuff said.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 28 2014, 09:28 AM) *

I believe a lot of it has to do with Clarence's critisism of previous results and I believe there might be a fire behind all this smoke; like Seedorf's technical and tactical skills as a coach and his transfer demands, and/or new staff (especially with replacing Tassotti).

I adore Seedorf and Pippo, as they were instramental in hundreds of Milan's games. To swap Clarense for someone outside the Milan house-hold would have been too bitter to swallow. But to replace him with another Milan favorite would calm the tensions a little.

Inzaghi is a fresh choice. He brings a lot of enthusiasm, he is a figure nobody could have a rift with. Maybe in a new capacity that could change, but otherwise, he has done extremely well at the youth level, especially since he only joined them in 2012. Might be a little too early for the senior squad, but if we are looking for growth by instilling a sense of belonging, the Pippo is the choice. Especially when considering what limited capabilities Milan have today.
dst
QUOTE (Danny @ May 29 2014, 09:07 AM) *
Rangers. Scotland.

'Nuff said.

Rangers?

And national teams, well, who here has seen his nation's team win a cup? I have because my team got unbelievably lucky but that's it.
X-Offender
Win a cup? My country has never participated to an international competition, let alone win.
Danny
QUOTE (dst @ May 29 2014, 12:22 PM) *
Rangers?

Yes, the biggest shambles in world football.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Danny @ May 29 2014, 05:00 PM) *
Yes, the biggest shambles in world football.

But in your lifetime Rangers have probably won more trophies than any club in Europe. So at least you have a lot of good memories despite the current situation.
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ May 29 2014, 01:22 PM) *
Rangers?

And national teams, well, who here has seen his nation's team win a cup? I have because my team got unbelievably lucky but that's it.

Well Italy are my adopted NT, I would support them against my own country's band of headless chickens, so I'm very happy to say that I experienced my NT winning the biggest prize out there. biggrin.gif

Still, we've watched this club lift the CL, CWC, Serie A and Super Cup in the very recent past. I can endure this terrible time as well. It's not like we're going to get relegated, we're just heading into mid-table obscurity for the foreseeable future... sad.gif
kurtsimonw
Ash has it worst. His team just left the entire Football League and of course he's an England fan. Beat that.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 29 2014, 06:27 PM) *
Ash has it worst. His team just left the entire Football League and of course he's an England fan. Beat that.

Why is it such a burden to be an England fan? biggrin.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 29 2014, 06:13 PM) *
Well Italy are my adopted NT, I would support them against my own country's band of headless chickens, so I'm very happy to say that I experienced my NT winning the biggest prize out there. biggrin.gif

If you were in Albania and said that, people would call you a traitor and skin you alive. j/k tongue.gif

But that's pretty unfair, Han. You should always support your NT, even if you suck. We suck too, but I would never support Italy instead of us in a direct confrontation.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 29 2014, 07:52 PM) *
Why is it such a burden to be an England fan? biggrin.gif

Because the expectation is high but we'll never win things. It's a bit different than with, say, X-Off and Albania. In England, while making a WC SF would be great, the end feeling would be disappointment. If Albania qualified for the WC, I'm sure X-Off and the majority of Albanians would be extremely proud and hapy regardless of what happened in the WC itself.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 29 2014, 07:18 PM) *
If you were in Albania and said that, people would call you a traitor and skin you alive. j/k tongue.gif

But that's pretty unfair, Han. You should always support your NT, even if you suck. We suck too, but I would never support Italy instead of us in a direct confrontation.

My personal belief is that you have to have an emotional connection with the team in order to support them. I can't do that with my NT because I have zero connection to it, I don't follow the local league, don't even know half the players on the roster. I think it's the same for many Maltese people in all honesty, aside from those very few who are passionate about the local sport (mostly people just go to the games to drink their asses off and hurl insults to the opposing fans).

I don't think it's unfair at all. Trying to support my NT team against Italy would just be going through the motions because it's what you're "supposed" to do

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 29 2014, 07:42 PM) *
Because the expectation is high but we'll never win things. It's a bit different than with, say, X-Off and Albania. In England, while making a WC SF would be great, the end feeling would be disappointment. If Albania qualified for the WC, I'm sure X-Off and the majority of Albanians would be extremely proud and hapy regardless of what happened in the WC itself.

I think this is probably the first time in recent history where the English team is not drowned in hype going into a major tournament. Whether that helps your players or not is yet to be seen.

But imo, I think semi finals would still be a good outcome for England. They don't really have a team that can actually win the tournament, and as we were discussing a couple of weeks ago, for the quality they've had throughout the years, quarter-finals is round-about the right spot for them when taking into account the quality of the side.

Yes, there's always that penalty excuse going, that they're unlucky, etc, etc. But really, you make your own luck. For example, in the Euro, England were literally praying to keep the game going to penalties against Italy, knowing how absolutely terrible they are at them.
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 29 2014, 04:26 PM) *
But in your lifetime Rangers have probably won more trophies than any club in Europe. So at least you have a lot of good memories despite the current situation.

It just makes the current predicament hurt more because it could be decades before we're there again.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 29 2014, 06:18 PM) *

At least you both are ABLE to support your own nations. I found myself celebrating Nigeria last night. Scotland have become such an anti-Rangers country that supporting the national side is incredibly difficult. Especially as it includes several players who deserted the club in its hour of need without us getting a penny for them.

I'm guessing neither of you have that problem!
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ May 29 2014, 08:58 PM) *
At least you both are ABLE to support your own nations. I found myself celebrating Nigeria last night. Scotland have become such an anti-Rangers country that supporting the national side is incredibly difficult. Especially as it includes several players who deserted the club in its hour of need without us getting a penny for them.

I'm guessing neither of you have that problem!

I wouldn't know... unsure.gif

biggrin.gif
mishie
As much as this current predicament hurts it's all in the cycle of supporting a club, not the same comparison but look at Juve they went to Serie B and that made them change their infrastructure and look were they are now.
I'm not saying relegation would be a good thing for us but just saying sometimes 2 steps backwards might mean 6 steps forward, things won't change to Galliani and Silvio look to get away from hiring YES men and hire a proper coach. The missed opportunities the last season or 2 will come back to haunt us.

Spalletti, Prandelli, Donadoni all could've been hired but all over looked because i presume they would've insisted on doing things their way.

Same with Maldini speaks out, gives his opinion and look where he is. Still on the outside looking in, unreal that a man with Rossoneri blood isn't allowed to help because he is his own man with his own ideas.

AC Milan is not and never has been a club for a novice coach to learn his trade and the Seedorf experiment was a disaster mostly towards the image of the club. 3 coaches in 5 months and 2 massive pay outs just doesn't seem real for this club.

Barbara Berlusconi and this so called battle with Galliani came to nothing and she now becomes the latest puppet, all this rubbish about a youth project, getting people with Milan in their blood to work in the technical dept all BS and all down to put on a show.

Season tickets down, no European football, another novice coach, new players with salaries capped to €2.5m per season, another attempt at a youth project all show signs of a club in huge decline.

But to end on a positive note, like i said sometimes you hit the bottom and that makes you bounce back up, this won't happen in the next season or possibly 2 but like some have said you can't walk away from something you love and in my case this love affair is now entering it's 24th year and to me whatever the situation in I'll continue my support.

When we win i'll cheer when we lose i'll moan but thats all part and parcel of being a tifosi!!
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 29 2014, 09:51 PM) *
Yes, there's always that penalty excuse going, that they're unlucky, etc, etc. But really, you make your own luck. For example, in the Euro, England were literally praying to keep the game going to penalties against Italy, knowing how absolutely terrible they are at them.

We have Lambert in Baines in the squad this time. We can not lose at penalties.
Danny
Mishie, difference with Juve is they kept a hold of a lot of their star players. If we got relegated we'd lose our entire first team squad.
han2503
QUOTE (mishie @ May 29 2014, 10:12 PM) *
As much as this current predicament hurts it's all in the cycle of supporting a club, not the same comparison but look at Juve they went to Serie B and that made them change their infrastructure and look were they are now.
I'm not saying relegation would be a good thing for us but just saying sometimes 2 steps backwards might mean 6 steps forward, things won't change to Galliani and Silvio look to get away from hiring YES men and hire a proper coach. The missed opportunities the last season or 2 will come back to haunt us.

Spalletti, Prandelli, Donadoni all could've been hired but all over looked because i presume they would've insisted on doing things their way.

Same with Maldini speaks out, gives his opinion and look where he is. Still on the outside looking in, unreal that a man with Rossoneri blood isn't allowed to help because he is his own man with his own ideas.

AC Milan is not and never has been a club for a novice coach to learn his trade and the Seedorf experiment was a disaster mostly towards the image of the club. 3 coaches in 5 months and 2 massive pay outs just doesn't seem real for this club.

Barbara Berlusconi and this so called battle with Galliani came to nothing and she now becomes the latest puppet, all this rubbish about a youth project, getting people with Milan in their blood to work in the technical dept all BS and all down to put on a show.

Season tickets down, no European football, another novice coach, new players with salaries capped to €2.5m per season, another attempt at a youth project all show signs of a club in huge decline.

But to end on a positive note, like i said sometimes you hit the bottom and that makes you bounce back up, this won't happen in the next season or possibly 2 but like some have said you can't walk away from something you love and in my case this love affair is now entering it's 24th year and to me whatever the situation in I'll continue my support.

When we win i'll cheer when we lose i'll moan but thats all part and parcel of being a tifosi!!

Great post mishie, totally agree

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 29 2014, 11:26 PM) *
We have Lambert in Baines in the squad this time. We can not lose at penalties.

laugh.gif laugh.gif Keep telling yourself that biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.