Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milan sack Allegri
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Jack Sparrow
Milan have confirmed that Massimiliano Allegri has left his position as Coach, after three-and-a-half years at the club.

The 46-year-old was widely believed on Sunday evening to have managed his last game for the Rossoneri, after the club fell to a surprise 4-3 reverse at strugglers Sassuolo.

On from Barbara Berlusconi labelling change at the club as ‘necessary and urgent’ and Milan sources indicating an announcement would come on Monday, the Diavolo have communicated their decision on the matter.

“Milan announce that it has relieved of their duties as Coach of the first team, with immediate effect, Massimiliano Allegri and his staff,” Milan’s statement released this morning reads.

“Milan would like to thank Mr Allegri and his staff for the work done and wishes them the best of success professionally.

“The team is temporarily assigned to the technical guidance of Mauro Tassotti.”

Allegri took over at San Siro in June 2010 and went on to win the Scudetto in his first season, before finishing second in 2011-12 and managing third place last season.

The Livorno-born tactician leaves with the Rossoneri sat 11th in Serie A after the first round of League fixtures, on 22 points.

SOURCE: Football Italia

About bloody time. Glad we put him out of his misery.

Here is the official Milan twitter feed.

#ACMilan Official Communication: Massimiliano Allegri and his staff have been relieved of their duties
kurtsimonw
Milan have confirmed that Massimiliano Allegri has left his position as Coach, after three-and-a-half years at the club.

The 46-year-old was widely believed on Sunday evening to have managed his last game for the Rossoneri, after the club fell to a surprise 4-3 reverse at strugglers Sassuolo.

On from Barbara Berlusconi labelling change at the club as ‘necessary and urgent’ and Milan sources indicating an announcement would come on Monday, the Diavolo have communicated their decision on the matter.

“Milan announce that it has relieved of their duties as Coach of the first team, with immediate effect, Massimiliano Allegri and his staff,” Milan’s statement released this morning reads.

“Milan would like to thank Mr Allegri and his staff for the work done and wishes them the best of success professionally.

“The team is temporarily assigned to the technical guidance of Mauro Tassotti.”

Allegri took over at San Siro in June 2010 and went on to win the Scudetto in his first season, before finishing second in 2011-12 and managing third place last season.

The Livorno-born tactician leaves with the Rossoneri sat 11th in Serie A after the first round of League fixtures, on 22 points.

Football Italia
kurtsimonw
I've been waiting for this to happen, I'm interested to see with a more liked coach in charge where the blame will lie when we're still not challenging up the top end.

EDIT: You beat me by a minute, Jack, you can delete my first post (if you're able to?)
X-Offender
KillerMax
Jack Sparrow
@kurt: I merged it.

A new coach will bring a small boost as is typical, with players playing to impress. More importantly it keeps the rabid fans at bay to appoint a fan favourite.
kurtsimonw
I expect a small honeymoon period where things pick up a little, then defeats against Napoli, Juve and going out of the CL with knock us back down and things will be as you were.

Problem is the players know there will be yet another new coach at the end of the season anyway, so they an afford to half **** it.
X-Offender
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 13 2014, 02:18 PM) *
I expect a small honeymoon period where things pick up a little, then defeats against Napoli, Juve and going out of the CL with knock us back down and things will be as you were.

Problem is the players know there will be yet another new coach at the end of the season anyway, so they an afford to half **** it.

This season is lost. But at least we won't have to deal anymore with the antics of that amateur, wannabe, piece of sh*t of a coach any longer.
X-Offender
So, Seedorf could come right now.

Link
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 13 2014, 01:24 PM) *
So, Seedorf could come right now.

Link

That's better than having a temp coach. At least that gives him 20 or so games to mess with and find what fits so we can hopefully hit the ground running next season.
X-Offender
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 13 2014, 02:25 PM) *
That's better than having a temp coach. At least that gives him 20 or so games to mess with and find what fits so we can hopefully hit the ground running next season.

+1
Nova
Now lets see what will change ... Nothing !!!

Allegri had to leave yes , along with a few players. Starting with the
cheech & chong in defence...
X-Offender
QUOTE (Nova @ Jan 13 2014, 02:45 PM) *
Now lets see what will change ... Nothing !!!

Well, obviously. You can't expect things to change in the blink of an eye.
TriniKing_CE

... all bullsh!t aside, everyone knows I used to stand up for Allegri, but it honestly became unbearable, particularly this season.

Hopefully this is the catalyst for change that we so desire!
han2503

@ kurt, I don't expect us to storm up the table, this season, as x-off said, is 100% lost. But anything is better than what we're currently going/went through under that idiot
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 13 2014, 08:46 AM) *
Well, obviously. You can't expect things to change in the blink of an eye.

Agreed. Our expectations shouldn't be set high.

We need to remain realistic and understand how badly off we are right now.

It is highly unlikely that we will see some great improvement straight away; if we do great, but time is needed.
kurtsimonw
This is only one small step. There's still the problem of Silvio, Galliani and the playing squad. Who knows if Seedorf will even be a capable coach? There's a long road ahead.
Danny
X-Off - if you don't remove that signature now, I'm going to assault you with a large inflatable balloon in the shape of a zebra.
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 13 2014, 12:00 PM) *
This is only one small step. There's still the problem of Silvio, Galliani and the playing squad. Who knows if Seedorf will even be a capable coach? There's a long road ahead.

I'm going to be stupidly optimistic and say that with a defence of Abate, Rami, Mexes, Zapata, Urby and DS, a midfield of De Jong, Poli, Honda and maybe Essien, with an attack of Balo, Kaka, Pazzo and Robinho...can I dare predict a groundswell of improvement?
X-Offender
The reaction of every Milan fan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qogd5-bhbFg#t=16

laugh.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Jan 13 2014, 03:13 PM) *
X-Off - if you don't remove that signature now, I'm going to assault you with a large inflatable balloon in the shape of a zebra.

Done! thumbup.gif
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 13 2014, 12:27 PM) *
Done! thumbup.gif

Christ you look different already! Where is X-Off and what have you done with the mad angry b*stard?
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Jan 13 2014, 03:28 PM) *
Christ you look different already! Where is X-Off and what have you done with the mad angry b*stard?

That X-Off is gone with Allegri. This is a brand new X-Off, cool as Spike Spiegel. cool.gif
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 13 2014, 01:26 PM) *
The reaction of every Milan fan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qogd5-bhbFg#t=16

laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Berardi should be given the Nobel prize. Seriously. The guy will be considered a saint in the eyes of all Milan fans
Linkman
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 13 2014, 10:57 AM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Berardi should be given the Nobel prize. Seriously. The guy will be considered a saint in the eyes of all Milan fans

I love the kid already.
William405
Oh, this was posted here. Sorry, posted it in the Winter thread. Other than watching just the end of the Carlo Ancelotti era, I really haven't religiously followed Milan being coached by a really decent coach. We had Leo which basically built a team around Ronaldinho. It worked like a charm, but the defense was unstable, and well Ronaldihno wouldn't last forever. He also didn't know how to incoperate players which great potential such as Huntelaar.

We then passed through Allegri's phase. The impressive thing about his first year is that he actually won the Scudetto..just the fact that he did, and nothing else. I really can say he did commit a lot of mistakes during that period, but it was his first season at a big club, and we were pretty much hopeful that he'd grow out of his mistakes. A lot of his "tactical innovations" had to do with Ibra being a beast, and playing everyone through.

Though, the work he did on our defense was commendable. I remember how he used to say, to win a Scudetto..you have to start out from defense. The defensive phase is so important, not only when you don't have the ball. It's how you deal with the flow of the match overall. Stuff such as handling counter attacks, marking special players etc...

I wonder where that part of his tactics went. Although, he did not used to play the most entertaining football or took a lot of risk, but there was a good element to his Ac Milan team in a sense. Did the players just stop listening to him? Or did he just change the ways? I'd say it's more of the former actually. Specially, with the lack of discipline in this club. This year it's mostly been us losing points just because of not being able to defend our lead. Probably the statistics would indicate us not having a disastrous season in terms of scoring goals at all.

Also, just to be clear. I'm not saying that players don't take any of the blame. But, there are specific things that a coach should be taken responsible for. Even Allegri knows he f*cked up in the Sassuolo game, and said explicitly.

I honestly hope we don't hire any of Inzaghi or Seedorf.

Inzaghi is still too raw for this job. He'll push up the mentality that's for sure, but is he experienced enough to handle everything that involves coaching a big team. I don't think he can at the moment.

Seedorf is brilliant, he understands the game so well. But seriously..he hasn't even coached a team yet. I don't know, it's a huge gamble. But, maybe just maybe..one worth taking.

Keeping Tasotti as an interim coach, until next season may be the best thing to do. Although, I'm a bit afraid of Tassoti..He's been satisfied with working for Allegri for the last..3 and a half years. tongue.gif
Ry4n
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 13 2014, 05:26 PM) *

laugh.gif

laugh.gif been along time coming sad it was drawn out this long ! defeat after defeat , draw after draw.
Zed.D
laugh.gif

I was being honest when I said I'd be shocked if he wasn't sacked immediately last night. it was obvious there'd be no mercy this time.

I don't know how this will affect our results but I have to admit, I'm glad I won't be seeing his constipated face anymore.
Fillipo Simone
I just hope they don't throw in Seedorf into this mess. It would be kind of unfair. Now we need someone like Cesare Maldini, an interim coach to make the best out of this terrible terrible situation. So the new coach, Seedorf or not, can have a good take at what he needs to change, get rid of or adapt.
X-Offender
'Seedorf free at any time'

I think Seedorf could be the right man for job, but not right away. I agree with Fillipo that someone like Cesare Maldini might be the proper solution until the end of the season.
X-Offender
Tassotti will lead the team on Wednesday in Coppa Italia, Seedorf could be at Milanello on Thursday. Milan Channel confirmed that Inzaghi will continue training the Primavera.

http://www.video.mediaset.it/video/sportme...-ad-arcore.html
X-Offender
Allegri has left Milanello.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. dry.gif
Dracoris
Looks like we might hear something official about Seedorf soon....

Risk worth taking, I think. We can't really get much worse.
han2503
QUOTE (Dracoris @ Jan 13 2014, 04:14 PM) *
Looks like we might hear something official about Seedorf soon....

Risk worth taking, I think. We can't really get much worse.

Well as kurt said, these next few months would give him the time needed to adapt so it's not all new and a huge shock when he's pushed in next season.

The season is lost anyway, might as well use these next few months for Seedorf to discover his footballing identity as a coach.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 13 2014, 06:24 PM) *
The season is lost anyway.

Well, we could still win the Coppa Italia and.... CL.

acid911
laugh.gif
han2503
laugh.gif laugh.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 13 2014, 07:24 PM) *
Well as kurt said, these next few months would give him the time needed to adapt so it's not all new and a huge shock when he's pushed in next season.

The season is lost anyway, might as well use these next few months for Seedorf to discover his footballing identity as a coach.

Well, I hope Seedorf reconsiders and declines an offer from Milan. I doubt 4 months of Serie A will be enough for him to discover his ability as coach. We could very well play in Serie B next season if results go against expectations.

On paper, our squad could be argued to win Serie A. But arguing the claim and actually implementing it on the field are two very different things altogether.

The team is not a champion team, and Seedorf will be starting from scratch and will need more than the next 4 months to get things into rhythm. I would rather he trained a club with lower ambitions and proves himself there before taking the reigns of Milan.

With that said, what say you of Mauro?
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jan 13 2014, 06:05 PM) *
Well, I hope Seedorf reconsiders and declines an offer from Milan. I doubt 4 months of Serie A will be enough for him to discover his ability as coach. We could very well play in Serie B next season if results go against expectations.

On paper, our squad could be argued to win Serie A. But arguing the claim and actually implementing it on the field are two very different things altogether.

The team is not a champion team, and Seedorf will be starting from scratch and will need more than the next 4 months to get things into rhythm. I would rather he trained a club with lower ambitions and proves himself there before taking the reigns of Milan.

With that said, what say you of Mauro?

Personally I have faith in Seedorf to surprise us and pull out something no one expected. He's a highly intelligent individual. I really do think he'll surprise us all. would I have liked someone more experienced considering the situation we're in as not being ideal? Of course, but considering all key points I think Seedorf might be a good choice, and if not there's always the season after it, we've already wasted 2 and a half years under Allegri going backwards at an alarming rate, what's another year?

And I do understand where you're coming from that bringing him in now and it not working out could taint what Seedorf stands for at Milan and a possible appointment for him as our coach in the future when he's more experienced could also be ruled out. It is a worry in the back of my head. But at this point I'd take anyone

Regarding Tasso, I don't think he has the character for it, he's been the shadow man at Milan for over a decade now. He doesn't strike me as an assertive person, just someone who's there to help out the players and be the communicative link between them and the coach. In fact, if I'm being completely honest I'd say that it's time for him to go as well.

We need a fresh start.
Jack Bauer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZXvLsltu2A
mishie
HOORAY!!!! ABOUT TIME!!! PERHAPS TIME TO ENJOY FOOTBALL AGAIN
X-Offender
Davids could also be part of Seedorf's staff, alongside Stam and Crespo. Tassotti will continue being the vice-coach until June.

Source: Mediaset
mishie
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 13 2014, 11:09 PM) *
Davids could also be part of Seedorf's staff, alongside Stam and Crespo. Tassotti will continue being the vice-coach until June.

I like the look of that...thats got youth players being developed written all over it
dst
I'm happy Allegri's gone but Seedorf is probably (as is most times the case) going to be a mediocre coach. Let's hope he beats the odds.
Zed.D
^^ While I have the same sentiments, if there's one person out there who can defy the odds, it's Zeeman himself. it's a 50-50 shot IMO, could go either way, but the risk is worth taking.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 14 2014, 12:09 AM) *

So, eventually this will be the end of Tassotti as well, or?

I like the combination, but it lacks the usual Milan names. Sheva, Costacurta, Albertini, Rino and especially Maldini.
Zed.D
Would Maldini agree to work with Zee the way Zidane does Carlo? they would make an atomic combination. we wouldn't need Tassoti to be there anymore either.
han2503
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 13 2014, 11:04 PM) *
Would Maldini agree to work with Zee the way Zidane does Carlo? they would make an atomic combination. we wouldn't need Tassoti to be there anymore either.

I don't think Maldini wants to coach, he'd best be utilised in more of a management role. Maybe Leo's old position or even Braida's
Fillipo Simone
Yes, Braida's. And the fact that Milan haven't fill this position gives me hope. I also think Albertini would be good to have around.
X-Offender
QUOTE (dst @ Jan 14 2014, 12:38 AM) *
I'm happy Allegri's gone but Seedorf is probably (as is most times the case) going to be a mediocre coach. Let's hope he beats the odds.

You think so? I think Seedorf has all it takes to become a great coach. He's smart and he's a leader, has passion, charisma and incredible experience as a player, and is a midfielder. All great coaches were midfielders as players. Capello, Trapattoni, Ancelotti, Guardiola, Conte, Hiddink, Rijkaard just to name a few.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.