Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Honda
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Players > Past Players
Pages: 1, 2, 3
TriniKing_CE

Honda shirt at Milan Megastore

...not officially a Milan just yet, but will be soon enough. All related talk here!
X-Offender
De Jong impressed by Honda
Jack Sparrow
I'm glad he's coming. Not so glad about the burden of expectations on him. Lest we forget he doesn't even speak the language.

However for me just as crucial if not more so, will be the contribution of Adil Rami. I want to see how he fits in. He is going to be a big big factor in the second half of the season.
kurtsimonw
I just don't rate him. Basically living off his World Cup 2010. It's no surprise to me that no other club has been interested in signing him and that his big move is a free to a club in free fall.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Dec 20 2013, 11:39 AM) *
I just don't rate him. Basically living off his World Cup 2010. It's no surprise to me that no other club has been interested in signing him and that his big move is a free to a club in free fall.

+1
X-Offender
I hope he makes you all eat your words. smile.gif
Zed.D
^^ It'll be really hard for Honda to make us win games again so I too wouldn't hold my breath. he may be a good footballer, but that doesn't guarantee anything.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Dec 23 2013, 08:42 PM) *
^^ It'll be really hard for Honda to make us win games again so I too wouldn't hold my breath. he may be a good footballer, but that doesn't guarantee anything.

Well, no, I don't think Honda is the type of player who can win you games single-handedly. But he'll provide that amount of quality which we really, really lack.
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 23 2013, 09:23 PM) *
Well, no, I don't think Honda is the type of player who can win you games single-handedly. But he'll provide that amount of quality which we really, really lack.

Wasn't Kaka supposed to be that type of player for us? Or even Saponara?

What we lack most is not a certain player, but stability. Allegri has done far less with a more mediocre team.
Example: Last year.

This year though it's not going well for him at all.
X-Offender
QUOTE (William405 @ Dec 23 2013, 09:30 PM) *
Wasn't Kaka supposed to be that type of player for us? Or even Saponara?

Um, I don't think so.
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 23 2013, 09:57 PM) *
Um, I don't think so.

Weren't we lacking the creative type of players in midfield? I'd put all of the above mentioned players in the same bracket of "creative players" who produce something in the attacking phase of the game. That's just my opinion though.
kurtsimonw
Yeah, Kaka' means signing Honda won't actually improve the first XI at all. I'd rather a 4-3-1-2 with Pazzo joining Balo up front than a X-Mas tree with Kaka'/Honda.
X-Offender
QUOTE (William405 @ Dec 23 2013, 10:02 PM) *
Weren't we lacking the creative type of players in midfield? I'd put all of the above mentioned players in the same bracket of "creative players" who produce something in the attacking phase of the game. That's just my opinion though.

Kaká, maybe. Saponara has never played, though. And come on, are you gonna compare an affirmed player like Honda to someone who had played only in Serie B before we signed him?

That doesn't mean I don't rate Saponara. I just hope that his fine performance last night makes Allegri wanna keep him. He's the perfect sub for either Kaká or Honda.

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Dec 23 2013, 11:33 PM) *
Yeah, Kaka' means signing Honda won't actually improve the first XI at all. I'd rather a 4-3-1-2 with Pazzo joining Balo up front than a X-Mas tree with Kaka'/Honda.

Really? You, the fiercest critic of 4-3-1-2 want us to play that instead of a formation that gives us more creativity and width? I'm surprised.
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 24 2013, 01:11 AM) *
Kaká, maybe. Saponara has never played, though. And come on, are you gonna compare an affirmed player like Honda to someone who had played only in Serie B before we signed him?

That doesn't mean I don't rate Saponara. I just hope that his fine performance last night makes Allegri wanna keep him. He's the perfect sub for either Kaká or Honda.

Really? You, the fiercest critic of 4-3-1-2 want us to play that instead of a formation that gives us more creativity and width? I'm surprised.

No, not really. But, how many player do we need in that hole? I expected Kaka with Saponara being his sub..and Robihno/Montolivo playing in emergency situations. If we're playing a 4-3-2-1, then it might be different I guess..I'm not an avid supporter of that formation to be honest though. We have so many strikers for one position only? If that's not funny, I don't know what is.
X-Offender
QUOTE (William405 @ Dec 24 2013, 01:15 AM) *
No, not really. But, how many player do we need in that hole? I expected Kaka with Saponara being his sub..and Robihno/Montolivo playing in emergency situations. If we're playing a 4-3-2-1, then it might be different I guess..I'm not an avid supporter of that formation to be honest though. We have so many strikers for one position only? If that's not funny, I don't know what is.

I think 4-3-2-1 is what suits us best right now. 4-2-3-1 would be welcomed, too. Kaká, Honda and El Shaarawy/Saponara behind Balo/Pazzini. But if Nainggolan is coming as well, then:

Abbiati
Abate - Mexes - Rami - MDS
Nainggolan - De Jong - Montolivo
Honda - Kaká
Balotelli

... is clearly the way to go. That, my friends, is a Serie A contender line-up, if I may dare say so.
han2503
Unless SES is on the pitch we should avoid a 4-3-1-2, Balo has shown us time and again that he does well when he's the furthest guy upfront. He's not good at being the second striker, and when you play someone like Pazzo or Matri you're either going to play them as a lone striker or as a prima punta in a 2 striker system, and in that type of system Balo would want to occupy the same positions.

So imo, we have 2 options. Either we go for a 4-2-3-1 and incorporate all of Kaka, Balo, Honda and SES or we got for a 4-3-2-1 and use Kaka and Honda behind Balo.

A 4-3-1-2 wouldn't make sense because then you're leaving out one of Kaka or Honda and imo, that makes absolutely no sense.

Anyways, don't know why we're even debating this, I'm sure Allegri will find fun and creative ways to ensure that all that talent at his disposal is wasted and we'll be treated to the Birsa show a couple more times this season I'm sure
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 24 2013, 12:11 AM) *

4-3-2-1 gives us no width at all when those players are Kaka' and Honda.
X-Offender
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Dec 24 2013, 02:09 AM) *
4-3-2-1 gives us no width at all when those players are Kaka' and Honda.

But when han and I some time ago were saying we shouldn't play 4-3-3 because we don't have wingers, you said having wingers or not isn't really what makes 4-3-3 work, and that Aston Villa had been playing 4-3-3 properly without any real wingers. How's this different?
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 24 2013, 02:03 AM) *
But when han and I some time ago were saying we shouldn't play 4-3-3 because we don't have wingers, you said having wingers or not isn't really what makes 4-3-3 work, and that Aston Villa had been playing 4-3-3 properly without any real wingers. How's this different?

Because it was with strikers, they occupy forward positions. Honda and Kaka' will both naturally drift inside and come back for the ball. This means Balo is going to be isolated and we'll be too narrow.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 23 2013, 09:23 PM) *

I honestly don't think it's what we lack. We lack real class right now, above everything. Honda for me is an addition in quantity, not in quality.
Jack Sparrow
Maybe maybe not. I'm inclined to agree with you, but I'll wait to see him in action first.
X-Offender
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Dec 24 2013, 10:32 AM) *
Because it was with strikers, they occupy forward positions. Honda and Kaka' will both naturally drift inside and come back for the ball. This means Balo is going to be isolated and we'll be too narrow.

So you'd prefer a headless chicken like Niang instead?

4-3-2-1 is clearly the formation that suits us best right now. That, or try 4-2-3-1.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 24 2013, 11:52 AM) *
I honestly don't think it's what we lack. We lack real class right now, above everything. Honda for me is an addition in quantity, not in quality.

We lack many things, Fillipo. I'm not saying Honda will save the country, but it's the type of player we really need right now.
Fillipo Simone
What does he bring that we haven't got already with SES or Robinho? Granted, he might be more exprienced the SES and offers tactically different options. But I really don't see a big step forward with him.

But Jack is right. I might be jumping the gun here.
acid911
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 24 2013, 09:28 PM) *
But Jack is right. I might be jumping the gun here.

You probably are. unsure.gif Just a tad. He offers that small select level of quality that we just could put to good use. And besides, a player like him never hurts. I've wanted us to sign him for years now, if only for the push he provides us in the Far East. Now whether we capitalize on his signing or not, time will tell.

But as a player, we could have done a lot worse, I tell you. Honda may not be class, but he's more than alright.
X-Offender
But SES and Robinho are strikers, Honda is a midfielder. And he has more vision and than all our midfielders combined. That's why I'm saying we really need a player like him right now.
acid911
Plus, he brings free kicks. wink.gif Something that SES and Robinho can only dream of.
X-Offender
He's here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vnC5rHw4jA
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 24 2013, 05:52 AM) *

Then you have no idea how he can help us... I'll let you wait for the day berlu coughs up millions, because I certainly won't. Until then, We have gotten a very good trequartista for nothing. My only fear is that once our form picks up and honda is identified as a valuable asset (and perhaps an indispensable force for creation and vision in our midfield), we leave unlearned the lesson of coughing up a small chunk of dough for getting players 6 months earlier and actually APPEAR to give a f*** about the season. Confidence, whether infused in sport or in business, is an important asset and one that has not followed the current Milan - and when could a fanbase ever be confident when it`s FO won't allow their team the seriousness it deserves.
Zed.D
I'm a little excited. sham on me, ha?
Danny
I won't lie, seeing a new face here has got me excited myself.

Welcome to AC Milan Keisuke Honda.

Really hope we go that 3-1 formation discussed last year.
Ry4n
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 5 2014, 02:06 AM) *
I'm a little excited. sham on me, ha?
yes sham on u! laugh.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (Ry4n @ Jan 5 2014, 01:04 PM) *
yes sham on u! laugh.gif

biggrin.gif Lately the E and R keys on my laptop have decided to work randomly...
Ry4n
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 5 2014, 01:55 PM) *
biggrin.gif Lately the E and R keys on my laptop have decided to work randomly...

i can hardly talk i make spelling mistakes for a living !
Ry4n
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5NvzMgl5Bc
han2503
QUOTE (Ry4n @ Jan 7 2014, 01:11 PM) *

Can't wait to see him playing

Ideally him and Kaka behind Balo
X-Offender
He really looks like a yakuza boss.
Ry4n
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 7 2014, 07:32 PM) *
Can't wait to see him playing

Ideally him and Kaka behind Balo

me too at last another play maker !
Ry4n
AC Milan | Keisuke Honda Official Presentation (ENG) 4 hours from posting this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz-Wo6kUlc8
Ry4n
Highlights were :

Alot of strange questions from the media about samurai spirit which Honda jokingly shrugged off.

He looked very nervous , i don't think he likes media attention at all. He kept looking at his watch probably wanting it all to end so he can play.

Was asked why he showed no emotion when we scored the other day while Galliani showed plenty...considering its pretty hard to out do Galliani celebrations...he answered along the lines of i would like to be playing and celebrating on the pitch.
han2503
Lol @ Galliani still having a flip phone biggrin.gif
X-Offender
Won't play against Sassuolo either. rolleyes.gif
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 8 2014, 12:34 PM) *
Won't play against Sassuolo either. rolleyes.gif

Uh, why!? Allegri stated he would.
Danny
QUOTE (Ry4n @ Jan 8 2014, 11:59 AM) *
Highlights were :

Alot of strange questions from the media about samurai spirit which Honda jokingly shrugged off.

He looked very nervous , i don't think he likes media attention at all. He kept looking at his watch probably wanting it all to end so he can play.

Was asked why he showed no emotion when we scored the other day while Galliani showed plenty...considering its pretty hard to out do Galliani celebrations...he answered along the lines of i would like to be playing and celebrating on the pitch.

Thought he looked bored more than nervous. Also strikes me as rather intelligent and speaks very good English.
Ry4n
QUOTE (Danny @ Jan 8 2014, 06:56 PM) *
Thought he looked bored more than nervous. Also strikes me as rather intelligent and speaks very good English.

Almost looked like he was going to cry at the start the way he started to talking very timid. Also when he was being shown around Milanello he asked were the camera's going to follow him all the time to which a few moments later the milan rep asked them to stop recording him for a few minutes...I don't think he likes interviews or being put on a pedal stool he looks very reserved and ready to work hard for the team to props to our new signing!

Also i did't know Allegri spoke english interesting.
Danny
QUOTE (Ry4n @ Jan 8 2014, 02:19 PM) *
Almost looked like he was going to cry at the start the way he started to talking very timid. Also when he was being shown around Milanello he asked were the camera's going to follow him all the time to which a few moments later the milan rep asked them to stop recording him for a few minutes...I don't think he likes interviews or being put on a pedal stool he looks very reserved and ready to work hard for the team to props to our new signing!

Also i did't know Allegri spoke english interesting.

Japanese people are very quiet and mild, despite the wackiness we see here in the west from them. They're a very polite and reserved people and it's not surprising Honda's the same.

And I didn't know about Allegri either.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Jan 8 2014, 04:55 PM) *
Uh, why!? Allegri stated he would.

Jet lag, according to Galliani.
Ry4n
For those that missed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fvw5D47xX5M

Last note on the press conference : Found it funny when they showed the video Milan channel made on Honda " Arriving at Milan " which starts at 4minutes 30 with scenes from him in the San Siro at one point his references the video saying along the lines of its like a farewell film of Honda then a the arrival of Honda to which everyone laughed Galliani and reporters. I do like his wit its refreshing.

Gotta have a bit of Jimmy !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCShFLwAjXs
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 8 2014, 03:10 PM) *
Jet lag, according to Galliani.

To be exact, he said Honda's participation in said game is uncertain due to jet lag, and they'd await a medical verdict before making the final decision.

So he may still feature.
X-Offender
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL9IkFQInkA

I'm really looking forward to this guy, but you'd think we've signed Cristiano Ronaldo or something with all the publicity we're giving him. biggrin.gif
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 8 2014, 09:59 PM) *
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL9IkFQInkA

I'm really looking forward to this guy, but you'd think we've signed Cristiano Ronaldo or something with all the publicity we're giving him. biggrin.gif

He's literally a marketing goldmine so it's refreshing to actually see us being pro-active for once and capitalising on a great opportunity
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.