Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The last 16, Scudetto, January window...
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
Danny
Let's sum up the state of play.

The league:

We currently reside in 9th place. We are behind teams like Genoa, Torino, and HV.

The Champions League:

We qualified in second behind Barca.

January's transfer window sees the certain arrivals of:

Adil Rami, a decent 27-year old French international defender with dozens of caps, signed for free from Valencia.

And Keisuke Honda, another decent 27 year old international this time with Japan, also signed for free, from Russians CSKA Moscow.

The last 16 of the CL, to be drawn on Monday, will see us in a tie with either:

Man Utd, Bayern Munich, PSG, Atletico Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Chelsea or Real Madrid. In other words, every group winner.

With Barbara Berlusconi now joint general manager with Galliani, there have certainly been changes behind the scenes.

Just where are Milan right now? Is there a domestic resurgence on the cards? Will we produce a miracle in the last 16 and end up in the quarters? Will we bring in more players in January beyond the 2 I mention? Now that Juve and Napoli are out, all the TV cash goes to us, which helps.

And with the ambitious Babs having equal power to Galliani, might she force through transfers we possibly would have missed out on?
CHU-LIP
I have never feel so much shame regarding Milan. Going through in CL, as undeserved as it could be. The most pathetic coach imagineable; yesterday he actually managed lowering the bar even more. Galliani has become a sabotage (not on purpose), along his pet peeve Allegri.

Oh, yesterday also Milan fans acted terrible.
han2503
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Dec 12 2013, 08:45 PM) *
I have never feel so much shame regarding Milan. Going through in CL, as undeserved as it could be. The most pathetic coach imagineable; yesterday he actually managed lowering the bar even more. Galliani has become a sabotage (not on purpose), along his pet peeve Allegri.

Oh, yesterday also Milan fans acted terrible.

Apparently some Ultras stabbed some Ajax fans outside the stadium yesterday.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 12 2013, 10:50 PM) *

But before some Ajax fans thrashed a Milan Point in the city. Bunch of animals, from both sides.
acid911
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 13 2013, 01:50 AM) *

Stabbed stabbed? huh.gif
han2503
QUOTE (acid911 @ Dec 12 2013, 08:59 PM) *
Stabbed stabbed? huh.gif

Well from what I read some were injured due to knife stab wounds. That's as far as I know
acid911
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 13 2013, 02:02 AM) *
Well from what I read some were injured due to knife stab wounds. That's as far as I know

Oh, stabbed stabbed it is, then. sleep.gif Sad. Terribly sad.
Danny
So this is where we are. The stain on our support, the f*cking Ultras, are going around stabbing folk.

But yes, I know Ajax have a hooligan element too.

Absolutely disgusting and has no place in football, or society.
acid911
QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 13 2013, 05:10 AM) *
Absolutely disgusting and has no place in football, or society.

Stinking hooligans are the absolute worst thing in football. sleep.gif In sports. Even in life.
X-Offender
QUOTE (acid911 @ Dec 13 2013, 02:20 AM) *
Stinking hooligans are the absolute worst thing in football. sleep.gif In sports. Even in life.

In the galaxy. No, in the universe!
acid911
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 13 2013, 05:26 AM) *
In the galaxy. No, in the universe!

Amen. mad.gif Idiot lowlifes. Stupid ultras (not all of them, only the stupid ones) are bad enough. Now this!
dst
Just came here to say I love the titles of your threads.
Danny
QUOTE (dst @ Dec 13 2013, 12:04 AM) *

I don't know whether to be flattered or damned by faint praise.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 12 2013, 05:51 PM) *
Just where are Milan right now?

In the shithole. We have no chances of grabbing that third spot, and we can't even dream about winning the CL. I said it a long time ago, this season is lost.
acid911
QUOTE (dst @ Dec 13 2013, 06:04 AM) *

Titles are quite often the hardest part of a written piece. smile.gif Trust me, I know from experience!
Danny
QUOTE (acid911 @ Dec 13 2013, 12:31 AM) *
Titles are quite often the hardest part of a written piece. smile.gif Trust me, I know from experience!

He's right you know.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 13 2013, 12:23 AM) *
In the shithole. We have no chances of grabbing that third spot, and we can't even dream about winning the CL. I said it a long time ago, this season is lost.

I agree on third. We won't make third. It's just too much of a gap 14 points deep into December. I also suggested we will seriously struggle to make 5th and that last EL spot. That's 9 points to make up between now and the end of the season. If we absolutely nail a run of wins together it is POSSIBLE, if not probable.

As for CL, I doubt anyone would have predicted (well, aside me) Juve going out at this stage, or Zenit getting through on 6 points. Anything can happen in this tournament, as did indeed in 2004 when Monaco and Porto contested the CL final.

I would say that while there's a gulf large enough to fit the Titanic in between us and the Bayerns and PSG's, in a one off match, IF we get the right additions alongside Rami and Honda (latter being unavailable for CL I believe) then I guess we could get the rub of the green.

But that's a bigger IF than IFFFF.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 13 2013, 01:23 AM) *

I think the season was lost the moment Berlu decided to listen to Galliani and not fire Allegri during the summer.

Allegri is just not good enough to turn these bunch of individuals into a team, and when you don't have top stars but only good players with a small handful of top players, then you need someone who will turn those individuals into a great unit

Exactly what Conte did with Juve

This season is lost, but I'm hoping that they choose the coach for next season very carefully, we have talent in this side, but we need someone who will be able to utilise that to its full potential. Allegri tends to stifle talent and quality rather than utilise it.

Plus I think maybe being out of the CL for the one season will be good for us to regroup under the new coach, sort of like Juve. Not being in the CL that first year under Conte ended up being good for them
acid911
QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 13 2013, 02:34 PM) *
He's right you know.

I sure am. smile.gif Very occasionally though. Quite it happens the opposite, the title of a piece comes first, or during the writing. But every once in a while the title becomes a Napoleonic task, more so when you have to get it just right. Only professional writers can get where I am coming from, though, those that have experienced it.

QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 13 2013, 02:40 PM) *
I agree on third. We won't make third. It's just too much of a gap 14 points deep into December.

I still standby my earlier theory that if it is mathematically possible, it's mathemagically possible. wink.gif Remember we don't have to gain all those 14 points, the other team has to drop a few too. And if they drop enough, and if we just collect enough, then anything can happen. There is a slimmest of a chance of us making third.

Though it's nothing like last season. This time there are a number of factors against us. But just maybe we can ride on the strengths of players like Kaka, De Scig, Rami and Honda - the former two because they are class, and currently the only two players I like in the team, the former two because they unproven. Unproven to be duds.

There other elements of our squad functions on and off, but it is these four players that may just turn out to be the light when all other lights have faded, when we are without direction during some matches.

QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 13 2013, 02:40 PM) *
As for CL, I doubt anyone would have predicted (well, aside me) Juve going out at this stage, or Zenit getting through on 6 points.

And me. Me, me, oh me! biggrin.gif In fact, I was dingdang sure of them going out. The dozers are not allowed their biggest asset in Europe. The referees. Good show, Juventus, keep it up, you losers!
dst
QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 13 2013, 12:20 AM) *
I don't know whether to be flattered or damned by faint praise.

No I was actually being serious. biggrin.gif

I know it's your thread when I read the title too.
Danny
QUOTE (dst @ Dec 13 2013, 02:21 PM) *
No I was actually being serious. biggrin.gif

I know it's your thread when I read the title too.

Then thank you my one and only Greek chum smile.gif
Danny
QUOTE (acid911 @ Dec 13 2013, 12:43 PM) *
I sure am. smile.gif Very occasionally though. Quite it happens the opposite, the title of a piece comes first, or during the writing. But every once in a while the title becomes a Napoleonic task, more so when you have to get it just right. Only professional writers can get where I am coming from, though, those that have experienced it.

You have to nail the balance between accuracy and misleading to get attention. Like if I write a piece about Rangers in football terms I have to be so careful the title doesn't say 'football stuff' otherwise no one is interested. But if I say something more cryptic, ambiguous and tabloid then it gets potentially more attention.

'Rangers played well' gets less attention than 'boardroom BS cannot wreck this club' or something!

I still standby my earlier theory that if it is mathematically possible, it's mathemagically possible. wink.gif Remember we don't have to gain all those 14 points, the other team has to drop a few too. And if they drop enough, and if we just collect enough, then anything can happen. There is a slimmest of a chance of us making third.

Though it's nothing like last season. This time there are a number of factors against us. But just maybe we can ride on the strengths of players like Kaka, De Scig, Rami and Honda - the former two because they are class, and currently the only two players I like in the team, the former two because they unproven. Unproven to be duds.

There other elements of our squad functions on and off, but it is these four players that may just turn out to be the light when all other lights have faded, when we are without direction during some matches.

I agree about the numbers - I just meant I think 14 points is too much to make up, be it us winning them or the above teams dropping them. Because I am absolutely sure we will too.

And me. Me, me, oh me! biggrin.gif In fact, I was dingdang sure of them going out. The dozers are not allowed their biggest asset in Europe. The referees. Good show, Juventus, keep it up, you losers!

Haha. We are the Italian CL side, no matter how poor we are. It will always be the case.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.