Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A - Week 15 - AS Livorno - AC Milan T&F
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Polls
Fillipo Simone
So, another waste, another mess.

So many players flopped today on so many different levels. First there's the group of invisible/not ready/mispositioned players: Nocerino, SES and Poli. It's painful watching a talent like Poli wasted on the flank, while you have a perfectly fitting Nocerino who'd done a better job (he did play a whole season for Juventus as a emergency fullback). Then there's the group of players that flop because of their blatant lack of quality: Birsa and Niang being the most prominent examples. Niang is miles away from being a really striker. I can get how such a player can be good for the likes of Toulouse or Montelliere - speed and work do the trick. But his poor finishing and his lack of technical quality is simply put too evident for us. He's gotta move on, because he'll always remain a mid-table class player.

Our defense in total flopped as well: Gabriel looked frightened again and IMO could have done better with both goals (even though neither is his fault), Mexes was solid but also shaky from time to time, Emanuelson had passing problems while Poli simply isn't a fullback. De Jong wasn't his usual as well. All appeared too static, especially considering we played against a young Livorno.

Finally there's the group of flops that irks the most. This is why I picked Zapata; he's been nothing but consistently bad throughout this season. And he's shown a wide range of flaws and errors - speed, positioning, marking. He's proven to be a mini-Kaladze. Able to make a few great appearances, but without being consistently good or able to excel further.

MoM? I'd say Montolivo, Kaka and Balo were the only players that actually made some difference, or at least tried. Balo is my vote, for obvious reasons.
CHU-LIP
Mexes was solid? Get out of here...
Fillipo Simone
Solid compared to all other defenders we had on the pitch.
han2503
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Dec 8 2013, 09:02 PM) *
Mexes was solid? Get out of here...

What did Mexes do that was wrong exactly?

Agree with you Fillipo, Zapata was the culprit for that second goal. It was just so amateurish. And he's been beaten with the same type of pass this season already as well, can't remember who it was against but it was just as painful to watch

Yeah, Poli was a mess as well at RB, but that is seriously not his fault, how do you have Bonera and DS available and play Poli at RB?? Just f@cking unbelievable!

The entire defence as a unit was one complete mess, the entire team played a completely erratic game with absolutely no thought or cohesion. Just Serie C level stuff. This all comes down to the idiot we have coaching the team, I seriously can't find it in me to criticise certain players because this is just not their fault

As for MoM, I'd give it to Balo. Yeah Monto and Kaka had good spells but they also had some very clear WTF moments with wayward passing, but this also was mostly down to how erratic and chaotic things were, we got sucked into it like a bunch of school kids.
CHU-LIP
Push so much, and be too late/fail; be mostly in midfield; and that without the necessary advantage.

That's far from being solid. If that's solid, then Allegri is a solid coach.
han2503
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Dec 8 2013, 09:25 PM) *
Push so much, and be too late/fail; be mostly in midfield; and that without the necessary advantage.

That's far from being solid. If that's solid, then Allegri is a solid coach.

Mexes is a player that likes to come out with the ball, he probably is one of our best distributors of the ball and we do rely on him for key passes.

The problem was that the entire defence was pushing up too much yesterday which left us exposed, but that was a team problem, not an individual one
X-Offender
Top - Balotelli. Probably his best game with us so far. He really looked like Ibra at certain moments.
Flop - Birsa. Allegri subbed him after 37 minutes. Need say more?
William405
Top Balo
Flop Zapata
Go!
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 9 2013, 04:48 PM) *
Mexes is a player that likes to come out with the ball, he probably is one of our best distributors of the ball and we do rely on him for key passes.

The problem was that the entire defence was pushing up too much yesterday which left us exposed, but that was a team problem, not an individual one

So typical.
X-Offender
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Dec 9 2013, 11:44 PM) *
So typical.

What is?
Rossoneri7
Kaka'
Nocerino
Allegri should start finding a new job
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.