Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who should be the next Milan coach
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Polls
Fillipo Simone
So, here's the poll. If someone has another suggestion, I'll add the name up to one of the lists.
Jack Sparrow
I mentioned this in another thread. I would like Roberto Martinez or Michael Laudrup. As for an established coach, I'll go with Heynckes. But really, none of the names there could make a difference. They wouldn't come to this house.
Fillipo Simone
Laudrup? That's interesting, yes, I'd take the chance and go with him as well.
Jack Sparrow
He ticks most of my conditions for an incoming coach.

1. He has been a top player at the highest level in different leagues. (Titles in Ajax, Barca, Madrid and Juve)
2. He has a very good playing style and philosophy ( "You can't ask players to do things that Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi are doing, but you can ask the easy things" he said. "Sometimes the easiest things in football, a simple pass five or eight yards, can be the most effective. That, everybody can learn.")
3. He has coached in European championships with success.

So Laudrup is 2 out of 3. He hasn't had success in European championships but in his defence his teams have been not so great. He is now coach of Swansea who play very well.
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 5 2013, 04:29 PM) *
I mentioned this in another thread. I would like Roberto Martinez or Michael Laudrup. As for an established coach, I'll go with Heynckes. But really, none of the names there could make a difference. They wouldn't come to this house.

Ooo Laudrup!!

Now that's someone I could get on board with. Swansea have been playing some great football under him, not to mention he's achieved success with them that no one would have ever expected
Jack Sparrow
I would rate Laudrup very Spanish. In the sense his teams do have a slight tendency to get tactically r@ped at times. Martinez is the more experienced and definitely more wily of the two. But Martinez can sometimes come with a very provincial mentality. Definitely not as bad as Allegri though. biggrin.gif

I guess our regular EPL followers could tell us more about Martinez. I know he did preside over Wigan's relegation, but he was done remarkably well otherwise.
kurtsimonw
Laudrup in his first season picked up less points than Brendan Rodgers, despite Rodgers having a newly promoted squad to work with. Swansea look to be continuing their poor form into this season.

Martinez took over a Wigan team that finished 11th, he finished 15th, 16th and 16th before relegating them.

Both won a Cup. If we want them to perform worse than Allegri in the league, but win the Coppa, our guy is one of these!
X-Offender
The Statsman has spoken!
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Nov 5 2013, 07:58 PM) *
Laudrup in his first season picked up less points than Brendan Rodgers, despite Rodgers having a newly promoted squad to work with. Swansea look to be continuing their poor form into this season.

Martinez took over a Wigan team that finished 11th, he finished 15th, 16th and 16th before relegating them.

Both won a Cup. If we want them to perform worse than Allegri in the league, but win the Coppa, our guy is one of these!

But those are all very limited if not bad teams. I like Laudrup personally. Would he be a good choice? Don't know, but this season is already lost why not go with an exciting choice rather than a pragmatic one which would steer us to a EL spot but then we'd be stuck with that pragmatic choice for next season
Linkman
I voted Rijkaard/Seedorf. I like 'em dutchies.
Fillipo Simone
Interesting how many votes Seedorf got.
X-Offender
I don't remember where (Sportmediaset, I think), but I read an article today which said that we already have an agreement with Seedorf for next season.
Fillipo Simone
Hmh. I don't know, I'd really like someone with more experience.
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 6 2013, 10:39 PM) *
I don't remember where (Sportmediaset, I think), but I read an article today which said that we already have an agreement with Seedorf for next season.

http://www.milannews.it/altre-notizie/repu...il-milan-127607
acid911
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 7 2013, 01:13 AM) *

Yeah, same here. unsure.gif Besides, guys like Seedorf and Van Basten are proven prima donnas, you never know when they will have a fallout with a big player. Bad for the dressing room. Seedorf more so than Van Basten, but still, I'd like to have a proper coach, if you know what I mean. A coach's coach.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 6 2013, 10:13 PM) *

Yeah, me too.

QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Nov 6 2013, 10:29 PM) *

Oh yeah, it was Repubblica.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 5 2013, 10:19 PM) *
But those are all very limited if not bad teams. I like Laudrup personally.

What about Steve Bruce or Brendan Rodgers, would you want them managing Milan? They managed the same "limited" teams and did a good job, Martinez and Laudrup took them backwards after taking over.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Nov 6 2013, 09:56 PM) *
What about Steve Bruce or Brendan Rodgers, would you want them managing Milan? They managed the same "limited" teams and did a good job, Martinez and Laudrup took them backwards after taking over.

Well I do like Rodgers. But strictly speaking I'd rather not go for anyone from the EPL. Just a personal preference. I just personally like Laudrup.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.