Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CL 1st round - AC Milan vs. Celtic MOM
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Polls
Fillipo Simone
MoM? Really hard to say. I'll go with Mexès - he was one of our most concrete offensive players. Seriously, when he mixed up front, we looked a bit less lethargic.

Zaccardo is growing on me. Not that he's special or even good (he has his good moments), but the guy is at least 100% dedicated and motivated. I'd take him over Bonera any day.

Flop? Muntari is the obvious choice. Second pick would be Balotelli. He's been a bit lazy today, lacking real idea and creation. The deadly midfield surely didn't help, but anyway.
X-Offender
Top - Mexes. Flop - Nocerino; Muntari is just as bad, but at least he scores shitty goals from time to time. Nocerino does absolutely NOTHING. What a disastrous decline he's incurring in these last two years.
han2503
Top is easily Mexes for me, lead the defensive line like a true leader. De Jong is cutting it close but Mexes for me was the stand out

Flop has to be Muntari. Some of the things he did today were just unspeakable, getting outmuscled and shoved off the ball? Check, Misplace passes? Check, Let the ball run under your feet like a true idiot? Check? Miss a complete sitter? Check. The list goes on. Nocerino was bad, yes, but the bad was mostly crossing the ball repeatedly into a Celtic player or making an idiotic pass to no one, but Muntari... Oh the horror. And to make me hate him even more, he scores every time he has one of these extra shockingly bad performances, so him and Allegri can be "validated" in their own tiny little minds that starting him was the right choice

Allegri: is there any need for that question? I don't know of one single Milan fan who does not hate him right now (kurt aside tongue.gif)
Linkman
MOM: I agree on Mexés, but I'll go with De Jong. The two best ones indeed.

Ups: Balo is, as always, our reference in attack. Matri I actually kind of liked, though sadly he didn't get much assistance. Zapata did okay and gets a cookie for the goal. Robinho, the few minutes he was in, made our attack much more mobile and effective. I think he ought to be a starter, truly.

Downs: Constant was okay defensively, but a disaster when going forward; Urby is the opposite laugh.gif. Maybe we can fuse them and have one good FB. Muntari and Nocerino, no comments; I like Nocerino a tad better though. Birsa, I expected more.

Flop: I'd have to go with Birsa. He was completely ineffective as trequartista and winger. Maybe he'd do better in midfield.

Allegri: take a wild guess.
kurtsimonw
I only see half the game.

Top: De Jong, won the ball back twice at crucial times, within the space of a minute, as Celtic were breaking. That's about the most important thing one of our players did.

Flop: Nocerino. Yeah people say Muntari is bad, but Nocerino has turned into Muntari lite. He's inferior in running, output for the team, everything.

Allegri: Stay. No point getting rid of a coach this early. Plus a coach change won't do much, the playing staff have far more issues. I wouldn't care if we only kept about 6 or 7 of them in the summer.
il_diavolo_mtl
Birsa FOTM?!
that's a little harsh...
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Linkman @ Sep 18 2013, 08:04 PM) *
MOM: I agree on Mexés, but I'll go with De Jong. The two best ones indeed.

Ups: Balo is, as always, our reference in attack. Matri I actually kind of liked, though sadly he didn't get much assistance. Zapata did okay and gets a cookie for the goal. Robinho, the few minutes he was in, made our attack much more mobile and effective. I think he ought to be a starter, truly.

Downs: Constant was okay defensively, but a disaster when going forward; Urby is the opposite laugh.gif. Maybe we can fuse them and have one good FB. Muntari and Nocerino, no comments; I like Nocerino a tad better though. Birsa, I expected more.

Flop: I'd have to go with Birsa. He was completely ineffective as trequartista and winger. Maybe he'd do better in midfield.

Allegri: take a wild guess.

I hadn't read that you were the culprit....
Outside of twice getting outmuscled off the ball, what really irked you? Now i could mention that people thought about as much of him as Traore, for someone who just showed up, isn't match fit, and playing a new position (usually a CM), you'd have to have marvellously missed out of long streches in the game to make him your FOTM...
he was our second best mid behind De Jong....
Could he have done more...possibly, but i would need for you to standardize your mesuring stick and ask the same questions of Muntari and Nocerino before Birsa for crying out loud...
Linkman
It is sort of harsh I suppose; it's just that Nocerino and Muntari, they did exactly what I expected them to do. They weren't very good, but they ran a lot and tried their best to get the ball to the forwards. Shitty job, but I don't blame them.

Birsa, I expected to be our reference in attack, and I didn't see him do anything very useful. He barely touched the ball, and when he did, nothing came out of it. So I don't think he's suited to play trequartista at all.

EDIT: To clarify, I don't think Birsa is awful nor do I want him off the team. I think he was completely ineffective in his position, since he barely touched the ball. In retrospect, I think our best midfield in that match would have been:

-------Matri - Balo
----------Rob
---Birsa--De Jong--- Nocerino

So then Birsa would get the ball more, and he'd do a much better job than Noce and Muntari playing with the forwards.
X-Offender
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Sep 19 2013, 09:34 PM) *
I hadn't read that you were the culprit....
Outside of twice getting outmuscled off the ball, what really irked you? Now i could mention that people thought about as much of him as Traore, for someone who just showed up, isn't match fit, and playing a new position (usually a CM), you'd have to have marvellously missed out of long streches in the game to make him your FOTM...
he was our second best mid behind De Jong....
Could he have done more...possibly, but i would need for you to standardize your mesuring stick and ask the same questions of Muntari and Nocerino before Birsa for crying out loud...

You just rate him cos he's Slovenian. tongue.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Linkman @ Sep 19 2013, 08:09 PM) *
It is sort of harsh I suppose; it's just that Nocerino and Muntari, they did exactly what I expected them to do. They weren't very good, but they ran a lot and tried their best to get the ball to the forwards. Shitty job, but I don't blame them.

Birsa, I expected to be our reference in attack, and I didn't see him do anything very useful. He barely touched the ball, and when he did, nothing came out of it. So I don't think he's suited to play trequartista at all.

I think he'd be a good option if we played a 4-3-3 either as a side CM or as one of the wingers. Altough he wasn't playing as a trequartista yesterday imo
Linkman
I think that was the original plan but then it sort of became a 4-3-3, which is silly considering we had no creative players in midfield.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.