Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A - Giornata 2 - AC Milan vs. Cagliari MOM
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Polls
Fillipo Simone
We had a few good players out there but my vote for MOM goes to Abate: making that crucial interception when it could have ended up with 2-2, and also providing a lot of good crosses. Flop was Zapata making a few really bad gaffes and errors that could have hurt us. Him and Mexes drifting in that one chance Abate saved around the '50 was a horror show: both central defenders moving like amateurs leaving a wide open central area for the Cagliari offense.

kurtsimonw
MotM: Balotelli - Great play for the 1st goal, forced the goalie to make a great save which lead to the 2nd goal and scored the 3rd himself.

Flop: Montolivo - We'd have been no worse off playing with 10 men.

Allegri: Stay - Getting rid of a coach after 2 games into a season is retarded.
Fillipo Simone
Yeah, Montolivo has been terrible so far.
kurtsimonw
I worry about our defending. I don't think Mexes and Zapata are bad players, but neither seem to be dominant in the air and pace seems to scare them to death. As shown by Toni (in the air) and Sau (pace).
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 2 2013, 10:47 PM) *
I worry about our defending. I don't think Mexes and Zapata are bad players, but neither seem to be dominant in the air and pace seems to scare them to death. As shown by Toni (in the air) and Sau (pace).

Right. And somehow, they lack order and discipline. Both tend to have a sleepy period. Mexes is drifting to the left too much, while Zapata has concentration problems. All in all, we need someone else to mix in. Sakho was a good opportunity.
KillerMax
Balo
Monto
Go

Monto has been absolutely dreadful so far this season.
han2503
Abate: As Fillipo mentioned, his game saving tackle at the start of the 2nd half was MoM worthy. Plus his crossing is becoming lethal. We seriously need to get on extending his contract before we stupidly lose him for free in the summer.
Muntari: Didn't do much bad, but I seriously cannot stand to watch him jogging around anymore. His lazy jogging draws my eyes to him and I find myself watching him jogging instead of the actual play at times.
Go: A coach who cannot even properly deploy a 4-3-1-2 is just not good enough for Milan. Watching Monto play as some sort of ill-conceived reverse DM was just mind boggling. Monto was basically fighting for the ball at the edge of the opposition's penalty area, and dropping into the centre circle when we win it. And I've seen this guy play as a trequartista to perfection in Prandelli's narrow 4-3-1-2. What Allegri does with the 4-3-1-2 is basically deploy the strikers wide and the trequartista just floats around aimlessly. On most occasions while attacking Balotelli was in line with the midfield on the wing. Just ridiculous
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.