Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CL Qualification round - AC Milan vs. PSV MOM
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Polls
Fillipo Simone
Finally a positive display by our team. Far from perfect, but a good match nevertheless. I had my doubts whether to vote for Abbiati or Balo as MOM, but Mario was so crucial in our gameplan, it had to be him. Abbiati saved our @sses more then once today and managed to avoid his trademark mistake.

Flop? Hard to tell. That's why I didn't select anyone.
acid911
Where is the Allegri meter? ohmy.gif tongue.gif
William405
Balo MOM, De Sciglio a close second. (Wasn't the dangerous shot saved by Abbiati caused by a mistake from De Sciglio? My stream was lagging at that moment)

Flop of the match would be Abate. He wasn't really bad, but I just had to pick someone. Although, I've noticed his work-rate isn't as high as it used to be.
han2503
Who voted Monto as the flop?

This was his first really good game, glad to see his form picking up.

Mario the obvious MoM choice for me, he played the pivot role perfectly, similar to what Ibra used to do, everything basically went through him.

@ William, Abate probably didn't get to really go through the gears today because we didn't use the flanks that much, we saw DS once running onto a through pass from Robinho really late on, but most of our play was going through the middle with Balo and then Prince and SES running in-field onto his passes. Defensively though both FBs played a great game
Fillipo Simone
I'd say Monto didn't surely deserve to be flop, but "really good" is an exaggeration. He was solid, but still has much to learn. Some sloppy shooting and again the missing confidence or dominance is missing. Overall a good performance.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (acid911 @ Aug 28 2013, 11:56 PM) *
Where is the Allegri meter? ohmy.gif tongue.gif

Comes only in crucial moments wink.gif
Jack Bauer
Went with DS, I really like this kid.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 28 2013, 10:11 PM) *
I'd say Monto didn't surely deserve to be flop, but "really good" is an exaggeration. He was solid, but still has much to learn. Some sloppy shooting and again the missing confidence or dominance is missing. Overall a good performance.

I think I worded that wrong, what I meant was that this was really good compared to his previous games, especially the one in Verona.

He was decisive, spread play well, got stuck in when necessary, and tried to keep play flowing when we had the ball. Obviously not his best game but, it's good to see his form picking up so quickly and that he doesn't let himself get into a rut ala Prince for example when he's not in top form
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 28 2013, 10:11 PM) *
Comes only in crucial moments wink.gif

Expect it next Sunday then acid tongue.gif
X-Offender
Top - De Sciglio. This kid gives me incredible confidence, as if he's a veteran who's been playing this game for a long time. The next Milan captain, no doubt about it.

Flop - Nocerino. Whereas Poli got involved immediately in the game, Nocerino was mostly running around aimlessly. The involution of this player is incredible.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 29 2013, 11:02 AM) *
Top - De Sciglio. This kid gives me incredible confidence, as if he's a veteran who's been playing this game for a long time. The next Milan captain, no doubt about it.

Flop - Nocerino. Whereas Poli got involved immediately in the game, Nocerino was mostly running around aimlessly. The involution of this player is incredible.

We'll sell him before he can hit 25, mark my words
acid911
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 29 2013, 03:11 AM) *
Comes only in crucial moments

Touché laugh.gif

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 29 2013, 03:14 AM) *
Expect it next Sunday then acid

Nice one. biggrin.gif tongue.gif By they way I am still hopeful of Allegri retiring today, like he said in the post match interview!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.