Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A week 34 - AC Milan vs. Catania MOM
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Polls
Fillipo Simone
So, here's a few afterthoughts:

Flop - Abate. He did try many things and also contributed with a good assist. But the second goal goes on him, and his defending caused enough trouble - combined with Bonera, it was a bound to be a defensively bad display. Even if Bonera can be partially blamed for the first goal, and also for many mistakes, Abate gets my vote this time.

SES should also come to mind when mentioning flops. He really was awful, this time on a new degree.

I also have to mention Montolivo. Some of you guys here criticized Flamini and Nocerino, for making poor shot attempts. But Montolivo shouldn't duck criticism as well. His shot taking is simply put so painful to watch - it's either a bombing shot that goes far off target or a precise but slow shot. His passing lacks more precision and more rhythmics, more pace. All in all, he's having a good season but he's creating too little. Today he had plenty of crossing, shooting and passing opportunities, but in the end wasn't able to make something out of it. Don't get me wrong, every match he's working hard, but it's too rarely that his hard work is accompanied by precision and vision. I'm beginning to think he's a poor man's Modrić. All problems Luka has I see with Riccardo as well.

The bigger issue is the tactical one. Seriously, how can we play like this? Our "wingers" are constantly useless. Our system virtually makes us play illogical - technically ungifted players like Flamini or Abate are forced to be the main sources for creating and making our attacks.

Another thing is that we lack a good dribbler. We struggle to break through the opponents defense. SES can't do it, Nocerino and Monto rarely, Boateng and Balotelli are the only true options. But that's not enough, especially for a 3 man attack.

So, back to top - my pick is Pazzini, followed by Flamini.
kurtsimonw
Pazzini. Bonera. Stay.
han2503
Can't really understand how you'd choose Abate as the flop when he made an assist, and was one of our biggest constant threats in attack all game long. 2nd, he can't do everything at the back, he tried to cover Bonera when he could but considering he was up in the opposition's half 99% of the time he can't always make it back in time no matter how fast he is.

And like I said to zed (who was blaming Nocerino), the 2nd goal was a combination of errors from practically all the defenders + Nocerino. Everyone was out of position, especially Mexes, who was too high up, so Bonera got sucked into his space thus Abate getting stranded. Yes he shouldn't have gotten caught out so high, but considering the CBs were also caught out you can't really blame it on just him.

Bonera was at fault for the first goal also. For me he was the biggest flop.

Monto was clearly tired, he made so many tired lobs, he reminded me of Pirlo in his last 2 seasons when he would just lob it to the keeper when he gave up trying to find the pass.

SES is clearly out of form, he still works his @ss off and helpd his FB out a great deal, but he's clearly struggling and the more he misses chances like he did today the more he gets beaten down, which is why I said it's time to give him a bit of a breather to regroup.
X-Offender
I don't think Abate was a flop, far from it. I agree with han that their second goal was a collective mistake, not individual.

But I completely agree with you about the rest, Fillipo. I think that Monto as sole creator in midfield is not enough, cos the guy has obvious limits. We need someone else with brains in there as well. And we've been saying over and over again how 4-3-3 is such a flawed system given the players we have.

As for the poll: Pazzini, Bonera, leave.
X-Offender
Oh, and Fillipo, I completely disagree with you about SES. I thought he was great in the first half, decent in the second. Yes, he did miss a couple of chances, but he looked fresh, moved a lot and connected well with his peers, stuff we've rarely seen of him in this second half of the season.
Zed.D
+1 @ X-Off re: SES

Goals aren't coming and he looks to be under huge pressure when in front of the goal, but he's doing well in other things. he's actually learning how to get past defenders when cutting inside from the wing. he was ZERO in that apartment before and that's a good sign.

Pazzo top, Bonera flop.

Can't make up my mind about Allegri... I'd like someone new to come because there's certain deficiencies about Allegri and the mentality he's instilled in the team that isn't right for this great club. but on the other hand I fear that someone new (especially if it's supposed to be another rookie like Seedorf, Panucci, Billy, etc.) will do even worse and make me regret losing Allegri (like it or not it's a big possibility). but for now I vote "should go".
Rossoneri7
Pazzini, Monto, Stay.
Fillipo Simone
How much worse can it get?

Anyway, on SES. Yes, he tried more - and that is related with MDS and Nocerino opening up the left side for him - but did you guys see that one miss? It's unacceptable. Why is the guy under pressure? I mean, I understood that Ibra may have been bullying him. But now he feels threatened by Balotelli as well? Seriously, he has to overcome this problem or we're finished with him. Again, the miss he made was a real shocker.
Rossoneri7
SES has time on his side, he has yet to reach his maximum. This is his first season as a starter at one of the biggest clubs in Europe. He has contributed very well thus far, the arrival of Balotelli has definitely had an impact on him. As is the case when a player changes position to accommodate others ... I think it is unfair to lay the blame on his ability alone, as his first half of the season was spectacular and totally unexpected by everyone.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.