Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milan - how we all feeling about the club right now?
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
Danny
It's been one of the strangest seasons I can remember in all my years as a Rossoneri. After a start plunged in horror where some of us, yours truly included, genuinely feared relegation, suddenly we're in 4th place and looking a real bet to snatch that third CL spot or better.

This season has been punctuated by oddities, by strange occurrences - it hasn't been a typical Milan season by any stretch of the imagination.

1: The sheer exodus last summer including our prize assets Silva and Ibra was an awful lot to take. When was the last time one of the world's great clubs offloaded near half its main squad in a single instance?

2: The incomings. Yes, we weren't gutted at signing De Jong and Bojan but they were not the marquee acquisitions we wanted to replace such great players leaving.

3: Being in the relegation zone for a good 2 months at the start of the season. I've seen Milan in the bottom half before but never 16th. That was tough to take.

4: Losing at home miserably to Fiorentina. That seemed to be the real low point. Yeah they're a decent team but so be so humbled was humiliating.

Where did this all change?

Naples. The following match after Viola.

I'm not saying it all fixed that night but something definitely shifted. There was the dire Roma result and we lost at home to Zenit plus Juve beat us in the Cup, but those results aside we're unbeaten. 3 defeats since November 11th. Something has definitely changed.

Fester today called Balo our Messi. Now we know he's prone to BS but he is probably dead on there. Mario is our big star now, and arguably the biggest star in Serie A. His debut showed PLENTY of brilliance and it's adding to the increasing feel-good that is starting to bubble around Milanello.

I know many of us are still unhappy, so I wanted to gauge feeling:

I'm pretty pleased with the way things are going now. It's not perfect and we won't win the league, but there's a massive improvement for sure.

That first half on Sunday was absolutely wonderful. And shows what we CAN do.

So, I ask again;

How you all feeling about the team and club right now?
acid911
QUOTE (Danny @ Feb 5 2013, 07:41 PM) *
How you all feeling about the team and club right now?

Same, what I have felt for a few years now. unsure.gif We are a fringe club, have been one ever since 2005. Fringe of greatness, that is. We may win the odd CL or Scudetto every now and then, but we'll not be able to match Madrids and Uniteds of the world, pound for pound, blow for blow.

Same goes for fringes against pretenders like Lazio, Napoli and Roma. We'll always be better than them. At least for the foreseeable future. wink.gif None of these three are big clubs, they will not be anytime soon either. So on this front, we'll always be better than them, probably the best Italian club of all time, when it comes to pedigree and prestige.

So yeah, while there may be scares aplenty (like the one we had this season), Berlusconi and Galliani will rarely let things get so out of hand that will spell doom for us. Like now with Balotelli. But that awe of awesomeness, we don't possess. We could have had we made some smarter buys (and promoted youth) alongside the Ibra project.

Someone better (instead of Robinho), some solace with injuries (Pato) and some luck in draws (CL, that is).
Rossoneri7
Our start was not spectacular, but very much expected. The equation was simple, start from ground zero.

But as of now, I'm feeling boastful of my Milan!
Danny
Well the Balo feel-good factor lasted...one match!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.