Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Milan shirt thread
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
Pages: 1, 2
Fillipo Simone
I don't know if a similar topic already exists, but it would kind of be nice to have all the new shirt discussions (and classic ones) on one place.

Also, here's a fake new 2013 shirt. Naturally, this won't be it, but anyway, Galliani said it will be a radical change, and looking at this...made me realize how terrible it could go. Hopefully we won't try emulate Arsenal in shirt design as well.

milanbuf88
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 19 2012, 04:30 AM) *
I don't know if a similar topic already exists, but it would kind of be nice to have all the new shirt discussions (and classic ones) on one place.

Also, here's a fake new 2013 shirt. Naturally, this won't be it, but anyway, Galliani said it will be a radical change, and looking at this...made me realize how terrible it could go. Hopefully we won't try emulate Arsenal in shirt design as well.

All three of those are pretty terrible. They should leave the home shirt largely the same. Sure, play around with the stripe width and collar a little bit like always but it should always be red and black stripes. If we are going to make "radical changes" then do it with the away shirt. I care less about its look and I don't feel like it's as untouchable.
X-Offender
Man, those are just awful. laugh.gif
kurtsimonw
2nd and 3rd look like something PSG would wear.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Dec 19 2012, 03:44 PM) *
2nd and 3rd look like something PSG would wear.

PSG have Daniel Hechter, he'd never authorize this kind of shirt.
Bluesummers
so is our sponsor going to be nike for next year then?
Fillipo Simone
I don't think so, why? Milan are in the Adidas family, hopefully we won't change camps because Nike really made a few awful shirts in recent years.
kurtsimonw
The Arsenal shirt this season is one of the all-time worst shirts in my opinion. Not sure how Nike got away with releasing it.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Dec 20 2012, 05:20 PM) *
The Arsenal shirt this season is one of the all-time worst shirts in my opinion. Not sure how Nike got away with releasing it.

The home shirt?
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 20 2012, 07:03 PM) *
The home shirt?

Yes. What the hell is all that black **** over the collar and arms.
Fillipo Simone
Indeed. Nike designers are just terrible.
X-Offender

Come on, it's not that bad.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Dec 20 2012, 06:25 PM) *
Yes. What the hell is all that black **** over the collar and arms.

Hmm, don't see it as being THAT bad. I've seen a lot worse, like the current pink ones for Juve or a few of the 3rd kits for both Barca and Arsenal.

I think Nike do the striped concept a lot better than Adidas imo. The Juve and Inter home shirts always look good, while ours has ranged from bad to worse in these last few years
X-Offender
Arsenal's blue collar is nothing compared to our shitty dragging white collar. It completely ruins an otherwise good-looking shirt.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 20 2012, 09:27 PM) *
Arsenal's blue collar is nothing compared to our shitty dragging white collar. It completely ruins an otherwise good-looking shirt.

Yep, I hate when they use the polo shirt type collars. The one on Arsenal's shirt is good. Real Madrid also usually have different collars. Although if I'm not mistaken last year they were stuck with the flaps as well

The ones on our away shirts look infinately better
nuh
this could be our jersey for next season
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4...0553&type=3
X-Offender
The golden stripes don't look good.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 11 2013, 06:47 PM) *
The golden stripes don't look good.

Was just about to say they look like streaks of vomit along the shoulders.

The shirt overall looks pretty bad...
Fillipo Simone
It's better then this years though.
X-Offender
My pyjamas are better than this year's.
arivanjj
anyone who gets their hand on this. do scan through tongue.gif

http://www.amazon.it/SECONDA-complete-hist...3122434-0715207
MizNelson
The new shirt isn't half bad, actually. I like the little Italian flag on the collar, but the shoulders look like strands of spaghetti were draped across them. Meh.
Zed.D
People are too picky, the new shirt looks fine to me. the only time I couldn't stand our shirt was 2007-08...
Kazdoodle
I like the new shirt, happy to see milan laying off the whitewash, i think the kits are trying to throw back to the older shevchenko era with all the gold, black and red to give it that ...maybe to say snuggly feeling? any clue on what the player lettering and numbering style will be like? going back to the gold of the shevchenko era or sticking with white?
Jack Bauer
X-Offender
I don't like the golden stripes, but that aside, simple and elegant. And no frigging white collar!
kurtsimonw
Agreed. Don't like the white stripes but otherwise it's fine.
han2503
Personally I don't like either the 2nd or the 3rd kits.

As we saw in our last home game the 3rd kit looks like a 70's disco shirt and the collar inside a collar thing the 2nd kit's got going on isn't all that appealing. This last season's 2nd kit was much better.
milanista1899
QUOTE (MizNelson @ May 15 2013, 02:08 PM) *
the shoulders look like strands of spaghetti were draped across them. Meh.

Lol, true, they'd look better with white stripes like last season cool.gif

Wtf is that god awful v thing on the 2nd?! puke.gif
Don't mind the 3rd, nothing wrong with changing it up from black for a year.
han2503
This is our away shirt. First time I'm seeing it at least.

What's up with messing around with the crest? Are thy doing some sort of revamp that I don't know about?

Fillipo Simone
Oh my God!!!!!!!

Hey, the crest looks like a home designed insignia made for a cheap shirt-bazaar sell. You know the fake shirts you buy on a bazaar for a low price but with one obvious mistake/difference from the original?

Appalling, I find that appalling. The first shirt I can barely stand, but okay, the English crest has some weight since it's a traditional insignia. But this one?
X-Offender
Yeah, what's up with the frigging crest?? Ugh...
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 23 2014, 12:48 PM) *
Oh my God!!!!!!!

Hey, the crest looks like a home designed insignia made for a cheap shirt-bazaar sell. You know the fake shirts you buy on a bazaar for a low price but with one obvious mistake/difference from the original?

Appalling, I find that appalling. The first shirt I can barely stand, but okay, the English crest has some weight since it's a traditional insignia. But this one?

Just to correct one bit, the home shirt does not have an English crest, it's the Milan coat of arms

Agreed with the rest
kurtsimonw
WTF!
Jack Sparrow
We changed our symbol remember? I think this is the Casa Milan logo.
dst
That's not official is it? Please tell me it's not official! unsure.gif huh.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 23 2014, 03:08 PM) *
Just to correct one bit, the home shirt does not have an English crest, it's the Milan coat of arms

Yeah, but in heraldic terms this combination is called English cross, no matter where or in what context wink.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 23 2014, 01:55 PM) *
Yeah, but in heraldic terms this combination is called English cross, no matter where or in what context wink.gif

Yeah but it's not meant to represent England, which is what many think because of the club's beginnings.

And yeah, I'm afraid that's the official 2nd kit.

Have to say, this season's kits are probably as disappointing as the ones we had in 07/08. The third kit looks like a keeper's kit, the first kit looks like PJs that you would wear on a rainy night in and the 2nd kit could have had potential but is ruined by those horizontal lines at the bottom and that god awful crest.

@ jack, since when? I don't remember anything about changing the club crest... And really it does not make any sense to put on the logo of one of the club's other brands, if they wanted to, they could have advertised Casa Milan in some other way, not putting it in place of the club crest!
han2503
btw, the new shirt is now available from the Milan Store, so yeah, it's definitely official.

You can spend €€80 on this gem

http://store.acmilan.com/en/ac-milan-away-...ey-2014-15.html
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 23 2014, 02:37 PM) *
btw, the new shirt is now available from the Milan Store, so yeah, it's definitely official.

You can spend €€80 on this gem

http://store.acmilan.com/en/ac-milan-away-...ey-2014-15.html

Spending €80 on that piece of crap is similar to the club spending €18 million on Cerci. Catch my drift?
Jack Bauer
They should pay us (at least) €80 to take it.
han2503
On the flip side, they don't look so bad when they're worn. That logo though, it's just bad, the sirt would have been a 100% better with the club crest instead of that

Fillipo Simone
Don't like them one bit.

Btw. you guys know where I can buy (via internet) a Milan blazer? I've been looking for Milan stuff on the page X-O posted, but not a single blazer to find.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 23 2014, 04:33 PM) *
We changed our symbol remember? I think this is the Casa Milan logo.

Yeah Casa Milan logo for the away shirt, plus second away shirt (yellow/green to represent WC Brazil 2014) and a home shirt with the classic milanese logo.
Fillipo Simone
Hmh?

I don't get, represent Brazil in what way?

So we officially changed our logo to this piece of ****?
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 23 2014, 06:23 PM) *
Don't like them one bit.

Btw. you guys know where I can buy (via internet) a Milan blazer? I've been looking for Milan stuff on the page X-O posted, but not a single blazer to find.

Don't know Fillipo, I don't think they're something you can easily buy, check the D&G online store

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 23 2014, 07:23 PM) *
Hmh?

No, it's just the Casa Milan logo, I think they did it mostly for advertising purposes
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 23 2014, 10:23 PM) *
Hmh?

Just the colors of the Brazilian national flag, marketing I presume.

We didnt change our logo, just a one-off I guess for the launch of Casa Milan. Its no biggie, could of done worse, but its the official logo of Casa Milan so not so bad imho.

Why they do it? Beats me, but have a sense it has a lot of Barbara's influence.
Jack Sparrow
It's cool actually. Each one of our shirts has three different logos. The home jersey has the Milan Cross. The Away has the Casa Milan logo. And the third kit has our official jersey.
Danny
I know the St Ambrose cross is the symbol of Milan but I think it's a mistake to use it on our jersey.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 24 2014, 03:30 PM) *
I know the St Ambrose cross is the symbol of Milan but I think it's a mistake to use it on our jersey.

Agreed, it just looks odd. Although we had used it before, same goes with Inter
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.