Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A week 14 - AC Milan - Juventus FC MOM
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Polls
Fillipo Simone
Will be interesting to see who's gonna get the nominations this time.

My vote for top goes on Constant. Brilliant today, defensively a rock. Managed to destroy Isla, Padoin and Pogba, while also made that important blockade-clearance when Juve almost scored.

Flop is hard to find. Maybe it should go to Mattia De Sciglio. Hold your breath MDS fans, he was solid, made good crosses, but that one horrible clearance and a few mistakes in second half made me make this hard choice.

Should go, one match doesn't change anything.
Zed.D
MotM Montolivo. didn't vote for the flop because we didn't have any.
Zed.D
Oh apparently I can't not vote for the flop. OK, I give it to Robinho.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 26 2012, 03:42 AM) *
Flop is hard to find. Maybe it should go to Mattia De Sciglio. Hold your breath MDS fans, he was solid, made good crosses, but that one horrible clearance and a few mistakes in second half made me make this hard choice.

Just can't believe this.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Nov 26 2012, 01:39 AM) *
Just can't believe this.

Like you and I said - there is no flop. You gotta pick someone, and MDS made errors while Yepes, Mexes and Constant were spot on.
Zed.D
Constant made a few mistakes. for example in one scene he tried to show off (the only negative thing about him) and Juve nearly launched a dangerous counter attack. does that mean he has flopped? no.

I think I'd give it to Robinho before anyone else, let alone DS who was one of our better players (and I'm not the only one saying this).
d'Arc.LP
Montolivo, Pazzini, should stay.

I had doubts between De Sciglio, Constant and Montolivo for the best and between Boateng, Nocerino and Pazzini for the flop.
X-Offender
Montolivo was MOM for me. Never misplaced a pass, never lost the ball, kept pushing and running for the whole 90 minutes. He played like a true captain.

Flop by a long shot goes to Boateng. What an awful performance. There's just nothing the guy can do straight. I've completely lost faith in him. Playing Emanuelson at this point seems the better option.
milanbuf88
In a very very close decision I gave De Sciglio the MOM over Montolivo. He was incredible. Best performance of his so far. A rock defensively and connected well going forward. Montolivo was also incredible today. Played fitting of the the armband he was given. Always making good plays and keeping us going forward. Honestly the MOM could go to half of the team today. Lots of great performances. I gave the Flop to Robinho. There were no true flops today but Robinho ran out of gas early and gave away balls a bit too much for my liking. Allegri should stay for the same reasons I give every time.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 26 2012, 02:07 AM) *
Montolivo was MOM for me. Never misplaced a pass, never lost the ball, kept pushing and running for the whole 90 minutes. He played like a true captain.

Flop by a long shot goes to Boateng. What an awful performance. There's just nothing the guy can do straight. I've completely lost faith in him. Playing Emanuelson at this point seems the better option.

This made me laugh. You do realize the irony of this sentence, do you?
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Nov 26 2012, 01:48 AM) *
Constant made a few mistakes. for example in one scene he tried to show off (the only negative thing about him) and Juve nearly launched a dangerous counter attack. does that mean he has flopped? no.

I think I'd give it to Robinho before anyone else, let alone DS who was one of our better players (and I'm not the only one saying this).

I don't know, maybe it's my mistake. But the one clearance was horrible, really horrible. I also remember twice when Juve managed to beat him and make life more complicated for us. But maybe it's just me.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 26 2012, 03:01 AM) *
This made me laugh. You do realize the irony of this sentence, do you?

Err, no. What is it?
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 26 2012, 03:02 AM) *
Err, no. What is it?

Flop by a long shot goes to Boateng --- Boateng's long shot(s) are by long a flop. Long shot being the funny part, since this is what ruins Boateng.
Jack Bauer
We should add some no flop option from next time.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 26 2012, 03:09 AM) *
Flop by a long shot goes to Boateng --- Boateng's long shot(s) are by long a flop. Long shot being the funny part, since this is what ruins Boateng.

Oh, haha. laugh.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Nov 26 2012, 03:09 AM) *
We should add some no flop option from next time.

Okay, will do. But this is the only match so far there really isn't a big flop.
rip
MotM Montolivo no doubt king.gif . Flop.. as many have mentioned here, no one was a flop, but my vote goes to nocerino, only because he had two brilliant chances for long shot and neither one hit the target. was very disappointed to see that.

Allegri should still go, if bonera, muntari or ambro wasnt injured im sure allegri would have them on the pitch. dry.gif
Jack Sparrow
For me the MoTM were our defensive unit. I will however be giving it to NdJ because I thought he did a very mature cleanup operation. The Flop, I'd have to choose between Boateng and PAzzini.

I know this is KPB's first time as a false nine, and don't get me wrong, he performed a great 'tactical' role...but he is essentially performing a lone striker role made legendary by Drogba so .. rolleyes.gif I expected more decisiveness from him. Yes he sacrificed and ran hard and kept things simple with his passing...but still, should have taken more attacking responsibility.

..and I voted Allegri should stay, because today's match showed something different in this Milan side for the first time. Whether it was just because of the occasion or if it was Berlu or if it is indeed Allegri making the turnaround, I don't mind.
acid911
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 26 2012, 03:47 PM) *
Whether it was just because of the occasion or if it was Berlu or if it is indeed Allegri making the turnaround, I don't mind.

It was because of Marco Van Basten. unsure.gif I sure it was. I mean a few minutes before the match when the camera panned to the man and then they showed his career highlights on the giant screen, I bet it affected a almost everyone watching. Some were bitten by jealousy, others by awe, and the remaining by shock. Save for our management.

Of course, this includes our players and coach too, and hence the show of spirit from the first whistle onwards!
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 26 2012, 12:47 PM) *
I know this is KPB's first time as a false nine, and don't get me wrong, he performed a great 'tactical' role...but he is essentially performing a lone striker role made legendary by Drogba so .. rolleyes.gif I expected more decisiveness from him. Yes he sacrificed and ran hard and kept things simple with his passing...but still, should have taken more attacking responsibility.

This fake nine thing is ridiculous. Boateng clearly doesn't have what it takes to pull something like that off. It pisses me off that someone who was decisive many times in the past two seasons has been reduced to this good-for-nothing, rubbish player. I really had high hopes for the guy, but nowadays I just can't stand the sight of him.
acid911
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 26 2012, 07:05 PM) *
This fake nine thing is ridiculous. Boateng clearly doesn't have what it takes to pull something like that off. It pisses me off that someone who was decisive many times in the past two seasons has been reduced to this good-for-nothing, rubbish player. I really had high hopes for the guy, but nowadays I just can't stand the sight of him.

The only reason why he was decisive was because of a giant called Ibra. sleep.gif Like I said sometimes during last season, his towering presence meant his little minions could better express themselves during a match - minions like Nocerino, Robinho, Boateng, even that freak face Cassano played off of the Swede. They just had to, they just did.

If anyone is wondering why the performances of all four players I mentioned above have nosedived, stop wondering. If Ibra was here, he would still be the focal point, and these smaller players (regular Joes) would enjoy freedom and all that. The opposing defenders focus on the giant, the minions have room to move and shoot. Simple.

By the way, anyone else notice how that turd (not a word I use often, but just have to in this case) called Pirlo was dirty fowling Monto and our other players every chance he got. dry.gif mad.gif Aiming for the shoes and shins, instead of the ball. He used to do this occasionally while he played for us, but I did not blame him much.

But it seems like his P For Vendetta isn't over yet. If any of you have the full match or extended highlights see for yourself. Pirlo was particularly hard on Montolivo, just like he wanted to injure Van Bommel and Aquilani before him. So called maesto one day and a downright ugly (literally and otherwise) thug the other!

So much for class, eh? I hope his dog dies. Joking. But still wouldn't mind seeing him finish 4th/5th.
acid911
Oh, the first time I am voting. unsure.gif biggrin.gif De Sciglio is the man, Boateng is the hen, and while Allegri should technically take his sorry behind out, we are far too late. So I voted stay. With a somewhat heavy heart, I may add. He just isn't someone that can pull off wonders, or at least lift up a team on his own.
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 26 2012, 08:35 PM) *

A fake 9 would perhaps be the wrong word. You're maybe thinking of Messi for Barca or Totti for Roma. I don't mean it in that sense.

He is a different type of forward-mid. A bit more like Drogba in the sole-striker position. Holding up, rushing the box, providing an aerial threat in the box. In the end I think it worked well. The Juve defence really didn't know who to mark or what to do.

It was a very good tactical performance, even though KPB ended up being more Emil Heskey than Didier Drogba. But the finest KPB performance in months. Even then he was the flop. :-D
han2503
MoM is Montolivo without a doubt

I can't decide on the flop which is why I haven't voted yet...

@ x-off, I don't agree about your Boateng assessment, I thought he was really good yesterday, sure the long shots from every possible angle are frustrating but in terms of overall play he's improved a lot. He worked really hard, made sure to interchange places with the other 2 frontmen, and worked hard in tracking back. I saw him in the centre circle winning the ball back off a Juve player by coming from behind multiple times.

These things have to take time. Not only has he lost his form, but Prince has to adapt himself into this new tactical setup. So it will be hard but as long as I see improvements I'm happy.

As for voting Pazzini a flop, I don't agree with that either. He cam on and did what he was asked to do, which is hold the ball up, win freekicks and basically be a nuesence to the Juve players while they were putting us under pressure.

As for Allegri. He got it spot on tonight in terms of how he approached Juve. Making the defenders sit deep completely stripped Juve of their effectiveness. Having said that, it's still one game and I still hate the type of coach he is. Thus I still want him out but we all know that won't be happening this season
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 26 2012, 11:36 PM) *
@ x-off, I don't agree about your Boateng assessment, I thought he was really good yesterday, sure the long shots from every possible angle are frustrating but in terms of overall play he's improved a lot. He worked really hard, made sure to interchange places with the other 2 frontmen, and worked hard in tracking back. I saw him in the centre circle winning the ball back off a Juve player by coming from behind multiple times.

These things have to take time. Not only has he lost his form, but Prince has to adapt himself into this new tactical setup. So it will be hard but as long as I see improvements I'm happy.

Sorry mate, didn't see any of that. To me he was the same Boateng of the last couple of months.
Fillipo Simone
If you ask me, he was slightly better. He's been dangerous at least, and made some passes. That's a step in the right direction compared to his previous "shoot wherever-whenever" approach.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 27 2012, 02:26 AM) *
If you ask me, he was slightly better. He's been dangerous at least, and made some passes. That's a step in the right direction compared to his previous "shoot wherever-whenever" approach.

Yet a player in such a poor shape is not what we need right now, especially since Allegri plays him on the wing or, god forbid, as "fake nine". Which makes me think, our attack nowadays is reduced to El Shaarawy and a bunch of mediocre duds. Emanuelson, Boateng, Pazzini, even Pato. Only Bojan has showed some quality, but he's been misplayed as well. We should make a priority to sign a quality winger in January and maybe a CF too.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 27 2012, 12:33 AM) *
Yet a player in such a poor shape is not what we need right now, especially since Allegri plays him on the wing or, god forbid, as "fake nine". Which makes me think, our attack nowadays is reduced to El Shaarawy and a bunch of mediocre duds. Emanuelson, Boateng, Pazzini, even Pato. Only Bojan has showed some quality, but he's been misplayed as well. We should make a priority to sign a quality winger in January and maybe a CF too.

The problem is you know that Allegri would only consider Urby as an alternative and he considers another striker with the other 2 as being too riske.

So it has to come down to either Prince or Urby. And not in any situation should we ever be subjected again to Urby playing in that front 3. Just a few weeks ago you were cursing him out bad because he's so terrible there.

I think you shouldt download that match again and keep your eye on Boateng. I've personally re-watched it today and am even more impressed with the work he did then I was yesterday.

I'm not saying he was amazing or back to his best, but he's making steps to regain his form and play at the levels he did last year. Losing a leader like Ibra has hit some of our players hard, espcially the ones who played off him so much. Of course it's going to take time to adjust
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.