Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A week 11 - Milan v Chievo Verona MOM
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Polls
Fillipo Simone
MOM goes to Montolivo again, flop Emo, should go.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 3 2012, 08:55 PM) *
MOM goes to Montolivo again, flop Emo, should go.

Voted exactly the same as you did! biggrin.gif

El Shaa a close second for MOM but Monto is the one that keeps us ticking
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 3 2012, 10:56 PM) *
Voted exactly the same as you did! biggrin.gif

El Shaa a close second for MOM but Monto is the one that keeps us ticking

Seems like we're getting more and more in sync this season cool.gif
William405
Monto mom was great
Flop pazzini meeh.
d'Arc.LP
Montolivo was the MOM. He created most of the chances, held possession of the ball and also contributet a lot in defansive aspect.

It's safe to say that Emanuelson has been the FLOP of the Milan for the last 2-3 games. I'm out of the words to describe my statement. He luckly scored a goal tonight but kept lossing balls and missing lots of crosses. What pisses me off about him, is that he think's he's some sort of Messi or Robben. Quickness is one of the few reasons he plays in the wing and yet he get's caught by every left back in Serie A. Get an injury please.

Allegri should stay, for now. I said before and after the game with Palermo too that we can't afford to change the coach at this point. With all the changes made in his squad especially recalling that we didn't improve, the least he could do is trying to componate a team who can understand each other. The moment he started to experiment and transgress from the usuall Allegri, then he reflected then he's not so narrow and can give us some tactical options. With the win against Chievo we got a major moral boost and hopefully we use that.
han2503
QUOTE (William405 @ Nov 3 2012, 09:03 PM) *
Monto mom was great
Flop pazzini meeh.

Pazzini isn't even worth the vote. At least with Urby I know he can do a lot better in a more suited position and it's not really his fault.

Pazzini is just mediocre.
d'Arc.LP
I'm really curious to know who voted Montolivo as the FLOP of the match ?
milanbuf88
Montolivo was MOM for me. He was excellent keeping the play flowing, solid in defense, and showed the initiative to rip one for the goal. SES was second best only because he wasn't as influential early on. He has been on a tear offensively recently but what impresses me the most is his defensive work rate and the desire it shows. I think he is on his way to becoming a great complete player. I can't wait to see what he grows into. Honorable mention to Constant. It was wonderful to see some good play out of a LB. I say start him until he gives reason not to.

Flop goes to Pazzini without a doubt. He is terrible. For a player that contributes as little as he does in other aspects of the game he has to be clinical when given an opportunity to justify his position. Instead he has been way off when he gets opportunities other than the tap in SES gave him.

Allegri should stay. We aren't getting anyone better midseason. Unless we are going to shell out for some reinforcements in the winter we might as well give him some time to see if he can get something to gel and improve.
KillerMax
Constant MoM. Montolivo was just great. But it has been such a long time seeing that kind of play coming from our left that I just had to give it to him.

Flop of the match was Ambrosini for me. I think Emanuelson is being used in the wrong way and Pazzini was influential in the game, though far from ideal. Ambro gave the ball away in dangerous areas several times, gave free kicks away left and right and could have been sent off being so careless even after receiving a yellow. Where we facing a more quality team or simply one those harsher refs, his mistakes would have stood out much more.
Fillipo Simone
Han, you concur, don't you?

Funny how 67% people now think we need to keep on dragging Allegri. What small wonders two wins over poor relegation-zone teams make...
Jack Bauer
The question about Allegri is whether it's smart to fire him now with no suitable replacement in sight and possible sale of the club in the near future. This season is lost anyway (as much as CL for next season is concerned) and if Berlu is really selling, it might better to wait for the summer with big changes (Pep or other top manager) instead of replacing with just a care taker till the end of the season.
Zed.D
Say all you want. based on what I saw tonight and against Palermo, I think we're getting back on track. I saw good movements, I saw effort. tonight might have been the turning point in our season.
X-Offender
Montolivo, Pazzini, leave. One game will not change my mind about Allegri.
KillerMax
I gave my reasons as to why Allegri should stay now in the match thread.
han2503
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Nov 3 2012, 10:40 PM) *
Constant MoM. Montolivo was just great. But it has been such a long time seeing that kind of play coming from our left that I just had to give it to him.

Flop of the match was Ambrosini for me. I think Emanuelson is being used in the wrong way and Pazzini was influential in the game, though far from ideal. Ambro gave the ball away in dangerous areas several times, gave free kicks away left and right and could have been sent off being so careless even after receiving a yellow. Where we facing a more quality team or simply one those harsher refs, his mistakes would have stood out much more.

Agreed, but if you look down just one post you'll see why I won't comment on Ambro biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 3 2012, 10:49 PM) *
Han, you concur, don't you?

Funny how 67% people now think we need to keep on dragging Allegri. What small wonders two wins over poor relegation-zone teams make...

I think it's pointless for ME to talk about Ambro because I have this reputation around here when it comes to him, (don't know where THAT stems from biggrin.gif). But you have to admit that max is right wink.gif I won't say anything more on the subject

Yep, goes to show how easily oppinion can be swayed by a couple of nice goals.

The only thing that's improved is the counter-attacking play. Which I have to admit looked great. Aside from that, from the build-up play, to the set-piece defending, the the line-up picks. It's still completely cr@p, and any improvements you guys are seeing isn't because Allegri is implementing some masterclass of coaching, but because individual performances have improved from guys like Montolivo especially.

QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Nov 3 2012, 10:58 PM) *
The question about Allegri is whether it's smart to fire him now with no suitable replacement in sight and possible sale of the club in the near future. This season is lost anyway (as much as CL for next season is concerned) and if Berlu is really selling, it might better to wait for the summer with big changes (Pep or other top manager) instead of replacing with just a care taker till the end of the season.

The problem is that Allegri still hasn't even made up his mind yet as to what his best formation is, so how should someone new matter that much when our coach is still messing around with the formation practically every week?

I don't know what stability you invision when you think about Allegri. Just because he's the same guy does not mean that we have any form of consistancy in this team, and 2 wins against relegation fodder and a HARD fought draw against struggling Palermo does not change anything. The next 4 fixtures we have coming up, those will be the indication as to whether we have improved or not, and sadly I think we'll be back to square one after these fixtures are over.

Also the season is far from lost. It's still early, and a good run of wins would easily put us back into contention for CL places, but that run won't come under Allegri
Jack Bauer
Where did I talk about stability? what I'm saying is if you have the chance to sign someone for long term now then great but if not, since not many good options available, it won't matter much if it's Allegri or some other short term coach for 6 month (it's probably won't be anyone good anyway and till he gets really familiar with the team the saeson will be over already) . To bring in someone just to say we brought someone? We need a long term solution.
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Nov 4 2012, 04:19 PM) *
Where did I talk about stability? what I'm saying is if you have the chance to sign someone for long term now then great but if not, since not many good options available, it won't matter much if it's Allegri or some other short term coach for 6 month (it's probably won't be anyone good anyway and till he gets really familiar with the team the saeson will be over already) . To bring in someone just to say we brought someone? We need a long term solution.

I know you didn't say anything about stability, but I do believe that is one of the main factors which people take into account in regards to not sacking a coach

Anybody right now can do what Allegri is doing, even Tasso would do a better job with these guys as they all seem to respect him which certainly isn't the case with Allegri.

I think an interim coach would be good right now. We need change and fresh ideas. Just because Allegri switches to a 3-man defence while lumping in players out of position, it does not mean that he's putting fresh ideas on the table, it means he's desperate, which is what he is right now to save his job.
Jack Bauer
I don't know who respect who, it's all speculation anyway, but do you really think the players gonna respect an interim coach, who they know will be gone shortly no matter what? I don't know how some another mediocre manager ideas would be that helpful? he'll need time to settle in, time we don't have right now, to learn who aginst who and will experiment anyway. I don't think it's worth it. I would rather finish this season with Allegri and will try to book Pep now for next season.
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Nov 4 2012, 04:43 PM) *
I don't know who respect who, it's all speculation anyway, but do you really think the players gonna respect an interim coach, who they know will be gone shortly no matter what? I don't know how some another mediocre manager ideas would be that helpful? he'll need time to settle in, time we don't have right now, to learn who aginst who and will experiment anyway. I don't think it's worth it. I would rather finish this season with Allegri and will try to book Pep now for next season.

I think it's even more ridiculous to stay with Allegri in the hopes that we'll get Guardiola at any point.

Our club is in turmoil atm, and if we can't find a decent buyer than forget about Guardiola.

And like I said, it's not like Allegri isn't experimenting enough as it is. I mention Tassotti because I know that the players all get along well with him.

As for Allegri's rapport with the players, sure some are just "reports" of discontent, but there have been other situations where it's basically known fact that he's had trouble with certain players, and I'm not just talking about one or two here
Jack Bauer
Guardiola or some other top coach for next season in hope for a long term solution. Of course if we won't sell at least part of the club, we'll strugle to attract someone at that level but whatever happens, it's pretty clear that Alegri won't stay past this season.

Yes, Allegri is experimenting but a new mediocre coach will start the experiment process all over again, will have to get used to the club and all while we are in the middle of tough league games and CL. Seems like Tassotti doesn't want to be a top dog, he's comfortable in that second chair.
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Nov 4 2012, 06:25 PM) *
Guardiola or some other top coach for next season in hope for a long term solution. Of course if we won't sell at least part of the club, we'll strugle to attract someone at that level but whatever happens, it's pretty clear that Alegri won't stay past this season.

Yes, Allegri is experimenting but a new mediocre coach will start the experiment process all over again, will have to get used to the club and all while we are in the middle of tough league games and CL. Seems like Tassotti doesn't want to be a top dog, he's comfortable in that second chair.

I don't think that's the case with Tassotti. I remember him clearly saying that he was disappointed at not being offered the job when Leo was fired and Allegri was hired but that he was happy to serve the club in any way they wanted him
Jack Bauer
I don't remember that but I remember he had an offer to coach Lazio not long ago but said he's happy in his current role. He's at Milan since 1997 (as a coach), it's a comfy position.
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Nov 4 2012, 07:04 PM) *
I don't remember that but I remember he had an offer to coach Lazio not long ago but said he's happy in his current role. He's at Milan since 1997 (as a coach), it's a comfy position.

Yes it is. But I think that if he were offered the head coach position he'd take it. Even if it's an interim position
Jack Bauer
Don't know about that. Hard to say but I think he wouldn't want to risk his current role in case if thing won't go well. If he really wanted to be our coach, he would go to some mid table club long time ago (and he had offers) to prove himself as a main man. When was the last time we promoted an assistant coach with no top dog experience?
Jack Sparrow
MoM: Monty
FoM: Mexes
Allegri: Should Stay
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.