Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Too Much Change
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
Danny
Club Legend Franco Baresi has put our awful start to the season down to 'too much change'. He says this is 'not a typical Milan side'.

Now I know most of us have grown fed up with Allegri, he is by no means the only symptom, and I think it goes without saying that while Baresi has commented the obvious, the fact that a club legend of his stature has said it gives it extra clout.

Milan made a MASSIVE mistake this summer. In trying to supposedly 'build for the future' we sold our 2 best players and freed nearly a dozen of our stalwarts. For all the pelters guys like Pirlo, Inzaghi, Seedorf, Gattuso and Zambrotta took at times, mostly in relation to their age, they were part of the club furniture. And they were the reason we were a top Italian club always pushing for the league title.

We have basically shipped out our first team. And replaced it with short-term cheap solutions. Who don't even cover the numbers we lost.

Allegri has a great deal of the blame on his shoulders, yes, but he has been hamstrung by the club's appalling policy of short term financial gain. It's not much use to be financially more fiscal if you end up in Serie B where the profit levels are considerably lower.

I know I am stating the obvious here, but the fact that Baresi has too helps a lot.
kurtsimonw
I agree with most of that.

A huge problem is that we didn't let our older players go in stages. I've seen a few comments on twitter pointing out that we've collapsed because of their exits which is rubbish, in my opinion, but I do think it hurt because we let so many go at once. You can't get rid of all the players you mentioned at the same time and to try replace them all and have these new players lal fit in. We should've let 1/2 go each year and we'd have less players to fit into the side.

The blame lies with everyone.

*Berlusconi has showed zero interest.
*Galliani has made terrible moves with the money he's had, wasting money now will hurt is more than ever.
*Allegri's not getting the best or even average out of the players he has. We're not a relegation team.
*The Players just aren't performing. Can talk about formations all you want, but playing out of position doesn't stop you from being able to pass a ball 5 yards.
*The coaches seem to be none-existant, it's as if they do nothing. I rarely see anyone telling the players anything during a game, the coaches should be helping Allegri here.
*Medical team seem to put the players in worse shape.

Is there anything right with the club at the moment?
TriniKing_CE
Agreed... Sadly! sleep.gif
milanbuf88
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 27 2012, 08:21 AM) *
I agree with most of that.

A huge problem is that we didn't let our older players go in stages. I've seen a few comments on twitter pointing out that we've collapsed because of their exits which is rubbish, in my opinion, but I do think it hurt because we let so many go at once. You can't get rid of all the players you mentioned at the same time and to try replace them all and have these new players lal fit in. We should've let 1/2 go each year and we'd have less players to fit into the side.

The blame lies with everyone.

*Berlusconi has showed zero interest.
*Galliani has made terrible moves with the money he's had, wasting money now will hurt is more than ever.
*Allegri's not getting the best or even average out of the players he has. We're not a relegation team.
*The Players just aren't performing. Can talk about formations all you want, but playing out of position doesn't stop you from being able to pass a ball 5 yards.
*The coaches seem to be none-existant, it's as if they do nothing. I rarely see anyone telling the players anything during a game, the coaches should be helping Allegri here.
*Medical team seem to put the players in worse shape.

Is there anything right with the club at the moment?

I agree 100%. I know it's sexy and trendy here to declare Allegri the worst coach ever but I personally lay more of the blame on Galliani. He really screwed up the past 5 years in terms of personnel, transfers, and money management. Like you said, we really should have been easing our veterans out a 1 or 2 at a time and replacing them with players of similar calibre or at least players who could take a season to grow into that role. Everyone knew that it would be extremely difficult to replace the sheer number of players that departed, to say nothing of their stature or influence, and that was before we sold the two best players in Serie A to fix his asinine budget problems. The team is terribly under performing but I really think Allegri was dealt a shitty hand this season.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.