Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A week 7 - Milan v Inter MOM
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Polls
Fillipo Simone
More choices now.
X-Offender
Top? NO-ONE, but I voted Bojan because he was the only one who actually tried tonight. Flop? EVERYONE, with Boateng leading the gang. Allegri-meter? You already know the answer.
Fillipo Simone
Think Abbiati should be flop. He's partially to blame for the goal and that horrendous pass he made afterwards could have sealed the deal.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 8 2012, 11:58 AM) *
Think Abbiati should be flop. He's partially to blame for the goal and that horrendous pass he made afterwards could have sealed the deal.

NEIN !
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Oct 8 2012, 11:08 AM) *
NEIN !

Warum?
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 8 2012, 02:30 AM) *
Top? NO-ONE, but I voted Bojan because he was the only one who actually tried tonight. Flop? EVERYONE, with Boateng leading the gang. Allegri-meter? You already know the answer.

Bojan?

I voted for him as flop. If he's going to be our striker, we're going go have a bad time.
han2503
Between Bojan and Monto for me.

Flop is definately Boateng. His form has to pick up ASAP or he should be benched for a couple of games.
han2503
Who voted Abbiati as the MOM???

He had nothing to do for 95% of the game and when he did have to do something he messed up big time
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 8 2012, 05:30 PM) *
Who voted Abbiati as the MOM???

Someone who must have been drunk, I presume.
kurtsimonw
Montolivo MotM.

Abbiati Flop.
d'Arc.LP
Montolivo, Boateng, Remains.
han2503
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Oct 8 2012, 08:23 PM) *
Montolivo, Boateng, Remains.

May I ask why you think Allegri should remain?

Btw, I'm really not saying this in a condescending manner, I just want to know what you see in him atm that makes you think that he should stay on
Zed.D
Boateng. (EDIT: he was the flop. MotM? I can't even decide!)
X-Offender
I'm surprised no-one voted for Emanuelson. He was our best player along with Montolivo according to the Italian press, and I was having doubts between him and Bojan before I voted the for the latter.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 9 2012, 05:14 PM) *
I'm surprised no-one voted for Emanuelson. He was our best player along with Montolivo according to the Italian press, and I was having doubts between him and Bojan before I voted the for the latter.

Urby?

He probably gives the most effort in a game, but I don't see him as a candidate for MOM, his abilities are too ristricted.

What he proved for sure is that he can be a good LB if given the chance. Of course we haven't seen him under pressure in terms of defence but he can't be worse than Antonini and Mesbah in that regard

My MOM was Monto, I was on the fence between him and Bojan but in terms of overall contribution it was an easy choice
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 9 2012, 07:37 PM) *
What he proved for sure is that he can be a good LB if given the chance. Of course we haven't seen him under pressure in terms of defence but he can't be worse than Antonini and Mesbah in that regard

Again, cannot believe I'm reading this from you! He proved to be a good LB? How? By playing for 35 minutes the left back without having any defensive obligation?
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 9 2012, 08:51 PM) *
Again, cannot believe I'm reading this from you! He proved to be a good LB? How? By playing for 35 minutes the left back without having any defensive obligation?

+1
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 9 2012, 06:51 PM) *

Like I said, we've yet to see him in a defensive capacity but considering our other options I think Urby could make that position his own under proper guidance. Let's not forget, originally, he wasn't an AM or RW (rolleyes.gif at both notions), he was a LB and LWB at Ajax

And yes his capabilities at defending have not been tested, but like I said before if guys like Antonini and Mesbah are given so much time, than why not Urby? His work in the attacking third is certainly better than all our other options combined considering one of his best assets is crossing and making runs, all traits of a good FB/wingback
Fillipo Simone
Look, I know you don't rate Allegri; and you know I don't. But I simply refuse to believe that all Holland managers, Ajax managers and now Allegri try to avoid playing Emanuelson on LB.

The once who've done it, changed their mind quickly.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 9 2012, 07:52 PM) *
Look, I know you don't rate Allegri; and you know I don't. But I simply refuse to believe that all Holland managers, Ajax managers and now Allegri try to avoid playing Emanuelson on LB.

The once who've done it, changed their mind quickly.

Than where should he be played? In the AM position? On the right wing?

Ideally he'd be played as a wing back, but we do not deploy them so I think giving him a chance as a LB to see what he can do at least in one or 2 games won't really cost us anything.

Do you think he'll do worse than the clumsy Mesbah and Antonini?

De Sciglio is decent there, but the lack of a left foot really hurts us in the attacking third, while Urby's left foot would really help us out considering how imptent we can be at times in said attacking third.

I'm just saying, what do we have to lose if we try him out there? Lose another game? We've been doing that on a regular basis so what's another 3 points lost these days?
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 10 2012, 12:11 AM) *
Than where should he be played?

On the left wing of a 3-5-2 formation. innocent.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 10 2012, 12:11 AM) *
Than where should he be played? In the AM position? On the right wing?

Ideally he'd be played as a wing back, but we do not deploy them so I think giving him a chance as a LB to see what he can do at least in one or 2 games won't really cost us anything.

Do you think he'll do worse than the clumsy Mesbah and Antonini?

De Sciglio is decent there, but the lack of a left foot really hurts us in the attacking third, while Urby's left foot would really help us out considering how imptent we can be at times in said attacking third.

I'm just saying, what do we have to lose if we try him out there? Lose another game? We've been doing that on a regular basis so what's another 3 points lost these days?

A couple of questions, so:

1) Nowhere. He should be a bench player. When coming in he should play the LCM or fullback if attacking is necessary. But IMO Emanuelson is completely useless to Milan's tactical scheme.

2) Mesbah is the worst fullback we got. But I'd still prefer Antonini and De Sciglio over Emanuelson. All of them have obvious con's and little pro's though.

3) Yes, we could try it. But I don't think it can change much. Last game Emanuelson made a hundred crosses, and what came up? We need to change more then just the fullbacks. So I'd keep the Emo-LB solution as an optional and concentrate on the important stuff in the midfield and attack. At least until a better coach does not come in.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 10 2012, 12:16 AM) *

Ideally yes, but we don't use a 3-man defensive system and I don't think we ever should tbh.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 10 2012, 01:13 AM) *
A couple of questions, so:

1) Nowhere. He should be a bench player. When coming in he should play the LCM or fullback if attacking is necessary. But IMO Emanuelson is completely useless to Milan's tactical scheme.

2) Mesbah is the worst fullback we got. But I'd still prefer Antonini and De Sciglio over Emanuelson. All of them have obvious con's and little pro's though.

3) Yes, we could try it. But I don't think it can change much. Last game Emanuelson made a hundred crosses, and what came up? We need to change more then just the fullbacks. So I'd keep the Emo-LB solution as an optional and concentrate on the important stuff in the midfield and attack. At least until a better coach does not come in.

Agreed on all points.

However, your points are the ideal scenario, but Allegri seems to think that Urby must play so I was thinking in terms of the lesser of evils situation that if he has to play then at least he should be somewhere on the left wing.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 10 2012, 02:16 AM) *

Yepes, Zapata, Mexes and Bonera rotating for the 3 central defense spots, with Acerbi as extra backup, seems nice to me. I'm pleased with all of them (I meant the first 4!!!). Emanuelson is ideal as LWB, De Sciglio looks ideal as RWB to me, Abate can play RWB if we want, Mesbah as LWB would do less damage than when as LB, same goes for Antonini. We really can make a nice starting defense (wingbacks included) and have enough cover for it too. And since we now also struggle to find not only a good trequarista and a good leftback unless De Sciglio plays there, but also someone for RW position, this becomes even more interesting. El Shaarawy still can play left-ish if his striker partner on his right is a real striker and thus acts in the middle. Hopefully that would be Pato. You guys may be sick and tired of Pazzini, but I am of Bojan.

Anywho, unlike others I believe this makes the defense stronger rather than weaker, like I've explained before.
han2503
In theory a 3-5-2 looks appealing, but in practice?

It would be a right old mess, even bigger than the one we currently have. Deploying a 3-man defence isn't as easy as just saying we'll go with 3 at the back. The defenders would need to have amazing disipline to pull it off, which is not the case with us. Also the fact that we don't have someone like Silva who could basically do anything in defence is also a huge facotr. Our CBs are not good enough. This would have been a good idea to try last season, but now? It would be a huge mistake.

The 4-2-3-1 has come the closest to working out for us and we should stick with it.
William405
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Oct 10 2012, 12:49 PM) *
Anywho, unlike others I believe this makes the defense stronger rather than weaker, like I've explained before.

He what played two games?!And you're sick of him.The one game I saw him play, he was pretty good. Wasn't able to check the Inter game..but some said he was man of the match..which certainly doesn't mean he was bad.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (William405 @ Oct 10 2012, 01:02 PM) *
He what played two games?!And you're sick of him.The one game I saw him play, he was pretty good. Wasn't able to check the Inter game..but some said he was man of the match..which certainly doesn't mean he was bad.

When I watched the match, I thought he was awful.

So now I see others think differently, I should as well?
han2503
Realy chu Bojan?

He was one of the best player on the pitch against Inter and really good in the CL game as well. He gives our attack the movement it needs.

Sure he can tend to get a bit selfish but I think that's mostly the pressure to do well making him shoot rather than pass
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 10 2012, 02:16 PM) *
Realy chu Bojan?

He was one of the best player on the pitch against Inter and really good in the CL game as well. He gives our attack the movement it needs.

Sure he can tend to get a bit selfish but I think that's mostly the pressure to do well making him shoot rather than pass

Agreed. He was one of the few players the Inter defense couldn't handle.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 10 2012, 03:12 PM) *
Agreed. He was one of the few players the Inter defense couldn't handle.

We played with 11 against 10, we scored zero goals, and our striker was someone who the defense couldn't handle?

Actually, I have to agree. Bojan dropped back a lot, making Prince play as our striker, and then yes, the defense clearly can't handle Bojan who is all the way over there. And not to start about his bad first touch, and yes, from a previous game how selfish he was. No thank you to him. I prefer Pazzini no matter what people say.
han2503
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Oct 10 2012, 01:21 PM) *
We played with 11 against 10, we scored zero goals, and our striker was someone who the defense couldn't handle?

Actually, I have to agree. Bojan dropped back a lot, making Prince play as our striker, and then yes, the defense clearly can't handle Bojan who is all the way over there. And not to start about his bad first touch, and yes, from a previous game how selfish he was. No thank you to him. I prefer Pazzini no matter what people say.

Are you serious?

You prefer someone that just stands around and makes the others around him more static?

If Pazzini was banging them in then I would prefer him, but if he's not scoring then he's adding nothing to our game.

The fact that we couldn't score against 10-man Inter isn't down to Bojan, but the fact that we such when it comes to the final ball and making the smart pass. Simply because the only one who has a chance of hell in doing that is Monto, and he's already got the responsability of keeping the ball moving in midfield and also defending when we lose the ball so he can't be too high up.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 10 2012, 03:49 PM) *
Are you serious?

You prefer someone that just stands around and makes the others around him more static?

If Pazzini was banging them in then I would prefer him, but if he's not scoring then he's adding nothing to our game.

The fact that we couldn't score against 10-man Inter isn't down to Bojan, but the fact that we such when it comes to the final ball and making the smart pass. Simply because the only one who has a chance of hell in doing that is Monto, and he's already got the responsability of keeping the ball moving in midfield and also defending when we lose the ball so he can't be too high up.

Well, Pazzini, Bojan, anyone else, no one was scoring, so what's to like? Maybe it's better to put El Shaarawy behind Bojan, while having Prince shooting every ball as bad as you can is not working.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 10 2012, 12:46 PM) *
In theory a 3-5-2 looks appealing, but in practice?

It would be a right old mess, even bigger than the one we currently have. Deploying a 3-man defence isn't as easy as just saying we'll go with 3 at the back. The defenders would need to have amazing disipline to pull it off, which is not the case with us. Also the fact that we don't have someone like Silva who could basically do anything in defence is also a huge facotr. Our CBs are not good enough. This would have been a good idea to try last season, but now? It would be a huge mistake.

The 4-2-3-1 has come the closest to working out for us and we should stick with it.

You're exaggerating. Deploying a 3-man defense is easier than you think. It all comes down to whether you have the men for it, and honestly, our players fit such formation to a tee. Discipline? You need discipline for whatever formation you're playing! If we play 3-5-2 or 3-4-1-2, we'd have much needed defensive protection, movement on the wings, and a crowded midfield to support both defense and attack. Right now, it's the most ideal solution for us.

Personally, I'd go with 3-5-2.

kurtsimonw
I prefer the 3-5-2 also. Would be good if we could find a player comfortable playing both centre back and left back to play on the left side of the 3 in that system. Then we could easily switch to a back 4 without having to waste a sub with him going to LB, the other 2 CBs playing at CB then Abate moving to RB. Though we'd end up with Urby as the #10 again. tongue.gif
mishie
Top: Monti

Flop: Bojan

Allegri: GO!!!
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 10 2012, 04:50 PM) *

Personally, I'd go with 3-5-2.

Same here. Maybe I'd go with Acerbi before Bonera and then play him in the center.
X-Offender
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Oct 10 2012, 10:05 PM) *
Same here. Maybe I'd go with Acerbi before Bonera and then play him in the center.

When will you understand that Acerbi is a terrible defender?
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 10 2012, 10:50 PM) *
When will you understand that Acerbi is a terrible defender?

laugh.gif
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 9 2012, 01:14 PM) *

+ 1

Was the same for me, but in the end I remembered cursing at some stuff he had done in the 1st half and I gave it to Bojan.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.