Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Zapata
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Players
Pages: 1, 2
Fillipo Simone

Welcome to Cristián Zapata!
X-Offender
If he regains his Udinese form, should turn into a very good signing.
d'Arc.LP
... if not, we'll be seeing another Senderos.
Fillipo Simone
There's not much to loose with him. I really have high hopes. Only trouble is, I somehow fear we'll sign him after the end of this season.
CHU-LIP
(new post)

Along with Montolivo most excited signing !!!

Zapata and Montolivo 2 quality Serie A players (ignoring Zapata was not last season)

and it didn't cost us a lot smile.gif
X-Offender
I think it was a typo. Fillipo meant that he fears we might not sign him at the end of the season.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 14 2012, 11:26 PM) *
I think it was a typo. Fillipo meant that he fears we might not sign him at the end of the season.

I started to think that when I was almost done with typing. tongue.gif

Wanting to add that question, unsure why I didn't... probably a typo, yes biggrin.gif

Actually, I think I have the same fear as Fillipo does sad.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 14 2012, 11:26 PM) *

Typo + one grammatical error. I meant that we might not sign him even if he ends up a good and useful player.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 15 2012, 12:16 AM) *
Typo + one grammatical error. I meant that we might not sign him even if he ends up a good and useful player.

would be Aquilani all over sad.gif

except that Aquilani is a known very injury prone player + that the plan from the start was to loan him for one season as temporary solution while Montolivo would be signed for free after that season

annoyingly, while we could have used both very badly, but Aquilani appeared to be too expensive.......

wait... it's been rumoured we get Yanga-Mbiwa on free later this season, ... are we getting a déjà-vu ?
Fillipo Simone
Yes, and I can see it happen all over again.

The plan remains the same: Aquilani as a temp before we sing Monto, Zapata as a temp for Yanga.
And again, his buyout clause could appear high.

Only difference is I believe Zapata will be really good, while Aquilani - well, I never liked the guy. There was a time I rated him above Montolivo, but not any more.
kurtsimonw
A move by Milan that will at least keep me sane a little longer.
X-Offender
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Aug 15 2012, 12:20 AM) *
would be Aquilani all over sad.gif

except that Aquilani is a known very injury prone player + that the plan from the start was to loan him for one season as temporary solution while Montolivo would be signed for free after that season

annoyingly, while we could have used both very badly, but Aquilani appeared to be too expensive.......

wait... it's been rumoured we get Yanga-Mbiwa on free later this season, ... are we getting a déjà-vu ?

I read a rumor that we might sign Yanga-Mbwia now if Mexes leaves.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 15 2012, 01:16 AM) *
I read a rumor that we might sign Yanga-Mbwia now if Mexes leaves.

Hmh. Don't know. That leaves us with zero players who both experience and some class at least.

How serious is the rift between Allegri and Mexes? Is this related to the season finale when he was banished for a while?
Jack Bauer
I have read somewhere that he returned out of shape after the break.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Aug 15 2012, 02:44 AM) *
I have read somewhere that he returned out of shape after the break.

Every Summer I read the same - excuse me - BS about players.

Also, when someone comes back a little bit out of shape it will be made a bigger deal than it is.
Jack Bauer
Bigger deal or not, there might be a reason behind it that we don't know. Everyone here think it's a rift with Allegri, but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere (the benching in the end of last season aside). There was something abot Mexes fighting with some player..
milanbuf88
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Aug 14 2012, 08:47 PM) *
Every Summer I read the same - excuse me - BS about players.

Also, when someone comes back a little bit out of shape it will be made a bigger deal than it is.

I really don't think it's too much to ask for a player not to arrive out of shape. Everyone needs some time to achieve midseason form but these players are getting paid massive wages so the least they could do is maintain fitness during the offseason. We don't know if that is the case here but if it is I wouldn't blame Allegri for being pissed.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Aug 15 2012, 04:29 AM) *
I really don't think it's too much to ask for a player not to arrive out of shape. Everyone needs some time to achieve midseason form but these players are getting paid massive wages so the least they could do is maintain fitness during the offseason. We don't know if that is the case here but if it is I wouldn't blame Allegri for being pissed.

as long as players get in the right shape during pre-season I don't see the problem
X-Offender
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Aug 15 2012, 04:42 AM) *
as long as players get in the right shape during pre-season I don't see the problem

+1
milanbuf88
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Aug 14 2012, 10:42 PM) *

I certainly see your point but time spent getting back into shape is time that can't be used working on tactics or chemistry. It's not the same when the player is a bit heavy and a couple steps slow.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Aug 15 2012, 08:50 AM) *
I certainly see your point but time spent getting back into shape is time that can't be used working on tactics or chemistry. It's not the same when the player is a bit heavy and a couple steps slow.

don't buy it

I think it's exaggeration, and that that all can be done.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Aug 15 2012, 09:06 AM) *
don't buy it

I think it's exaggeration, and that that all can be done.

Maybe in this case, yes. But the bottom line is very well put: if you have to work on getting back in shape you lose time otherwise spent differently.
Zed.D
I'll be mad if this will turn out another Aquilani deal. not that I'm sad about losing Aquilani, but Zapata is different. we're so short in quality in CB that we can't afford to lose someone like him (decent, young and years of experience in Serie A).
CHU-LIP
I am aad about leavin Aquilani. He would help this team a lot.

Our midfield can't hold possession. sad.gif
Fillipo Simone
I don't think so. He'd spend half of the season with yet another injury, just like last season and the season before.

We got Motolivo, now we need a classy playmaker or at least someone with potential. I'd say Aquilani is burned out.
Rossoneri7
I like to think, just as Milan brought in Nesta, Stam, Cafu, Silva, Zapata, and the list goes on ... Add to that, Zapata never appeared on the radar throughout these two months that we have been waiting, not even one rumor with his name.

I like to think Milan could rebuild with quality regardless of the financial constraints. Sure we can not sign RVP for GBP20MM, but we can sign the Zapata and KPB of the world and they are hard working players that would make up a quality/decent side.

Here's to what I like to think innocent.gif
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 14 2012, 02:58 PM) *
If he regains his Udinese form, should turn into a very good signing.

Correct, and the possibility definitely exists considering he would be playing CB for us most of the time, as opposed to RB at Villareal (in a faster league, bar his speed).
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Aug 15 2012, 12:19 PM) *
I like to think, just as Milan brought in Nesta, Stam, Cafu, Silva, Zapata, and the list goes on ... Add to that, Zapata never appeared on the radar throughout these two months that we have been waiting, not even one rumor with his name.

I like to think Milan could rebuild with quality regardless of the financial constraints. Sure we can not sign RVP for GBP20MM, but we can sign the Zapata and KPB of the world and they are hard working players that would make up a quality/decent side.

Here's to what I like to think innocent.gif

Maybe. But bare in mind that the foundation of our winning team were players like Maldini and Costacurta, homegrown, and Seedorf or Nesta - who were signed in big transfers. Those days are long gone.
Jack Bauer
http://youtu.be/NQx_dtggaI4
TriniKing_CE
Let's hope we seal this deal end of season. He is easily our best defender at present!
X-Offender
Do you guys remember when Acerbi used to start ahead of him?

Danny
From never selected he's one of the first on the sheet now. Great pace, positional sense and has good timing with his tackling. Developing into a great defender and while not quite Thiago Silva, he's making a name for himself back there and one we REALLY need to make permanent.
acid911
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 29 2013, 08:03 AM) *
Do you guys remember when Acerbi used to start ahead of him?

I try not to. sleep.gif
dst
Was he match fit?
KillerMax
Milan defender Cristian Zapata’s aunt has been kidnapped by armed men in Colombia, according to reports.

Limbania Zapata was in Padilla, in the rural Cauca region, when she was taken away by a group of armed kidnappers.

Local authorities confirmed the news of her disappearance, but for the moment there are no clues as to where the 36-year-old is.

It’s possible she has been taken in order to demand a ransom from the Milan player.

FI

Oh man... sad.gif
kurtsimonw
/South America.

That's terrible though. sad.gif
Jack Bauer
Yeah, happens there many times, especially in Barzil. Awful.
Fillipo Simone
Last time a similar thing happened to Kaladze, no?
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 2 2013, 12:52 PM) *
Last time a similar thing happened to Kaladze, no?

Yeah, and his brother was tragically killed.
Jack Sparrow
Well apparently the Columbian swat team managed to swoop in and rescue his aunt unhurt. So that's a relief.
KillerMax
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 2 2013, 11:02 AM) *
Well apparently the Columbian swat team managed to swoop in and rescue his aunt unhurt. So that's a relief.

Yep, good news.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 2 2013, 06:02 PM) *

Movie producers have their own SWAT teams now?
Jack Bauer
Cristian Zapata is hoping that he has done enough at Milan this season to earn a permanent move to the Italian giants.

The Colombian joined the Diavolo in the summer on a €400,000 loan deal from Villarreal. Milan have the option to sign him outright for €6m at the end of the campaign.

“I’m happy that Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani has appreciated my work this season,” the stopper told Milan Channel.

“I hope to be playing Champions League football here for this club next season too…”

Zapata was hailed by Rossoneri boss Massimiliano Allegri this morning and the stopper is a fan of the tactician too.

“The Coach is a great,” the former Udinese man continued. “He’s done a great job and I hope that he’ll be here next season too.”
Bluesummers
only turns 27 in September. We'd be foolish to pass him up on 6m. Solid defender. His best years are ahead of him and clearly serie A is where his game is best.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ May 16 2013, 12:31 AM) *
only turns 27 in September. We'd be foolish to pass him up on 6m. Solid defender. His best years are ahead of him and clearly serie A is where his game is best.

+1
Ry4n
Sunday June 29 2014

Zapata thanks Colombia after Seedorf

By Football Italia staff

Colombia defender Cristian Zapata blamed Clarence Seedorf for his lack of playing time at Milan recently.

The centre-back is one of numerous Serie A-based players in the Colombia squad at this World Cup, who face Brazil in the quarter-finals.

“Could we win the World Cup? We’ll see. It’s not impossible,” grinned Zapata on TuttoMercatoWeb.

“We are a very young squad, apart from Mario Yepes, who is playing like a kid anyway. We are united, joyful and very happy with all this.

“Players like James Rodriguez and Juan Cuadrado can change a game and tip the balance, so for the rest of us it’s different with them on the field.

“There is more joy in the Colombia squad than in Serie A, where there is so much tension. After Seedorf arrived at Milan, I didn’t play consistently. It was his decision and that’s football.

“I was first choice under Massimiliano Allegri, but then this new Coach arrived and made different choices. I’m happy to be here at the World Cup proving myself anyway.”

Danny
Apart from the opening day V HV Zapata did little to be dropped, yet found himself totally frozen out under Seedorf.

Another player I have to say Clarence did not manage well.
kurtsimonw
While I think Seedorf was harshly treated, it's quite amazing how many players have came out and criticised him.
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 30 2014, 01:06 PM) *
While I think Seedorf was harshly treated, it's quite amazing how many players have came out and criticised him.

I'm beginning to wonder if the treatment was indeed harsh after all. Just too many players and staff have been critical of him.

Seedorf is an arrogant, headstrong man, and it's starting to look like the club may have got this one right after all.

We'll see.
kurtsimonw
It's an odd one. While Seedorf is clearly a stubborn guy which could bother some players, he comes across as a very likeable person working with the BBC for the World Cup.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.