Tottenham Hotspur
Newcastle United
Fulham

Promoted from Championship
Reading
Southampton
West Ham United

EPL 2012/13 team list
Arsenal, Aston Villa, Chelsea, Everton, Fulham, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Newcastle United, Norwich City, Queens Park Rangers, Reading, Southampton, Stoke City, Sunderland, Swansea City, Tottenham Hotspur, West Bromwich Albion, West Ham United, Wigan Athletic.
kurtsimonw
Villa Park is going to be full of Chelsea and City fans tomorrow.

Do not like. dry.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
I just hope today's game is half as interesting as last years, that was a cracker.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Aug 12 2012, 09:46 AM) *
I just hope today's game is half as interesting as last years, that was a cracker.

Yep, I have a feeling it will.
Milan Are Brilliant
Lots of tackles flying about but pretty lacking in quality so far.
kurtsimonw
Torres 1-0.

It took less than 1 half for the refs to start ruining things. laugh.gif

Savic should've been sent off, ref bottled it, he then sends Ivanovic off 10 seconds later. Guess we know which club has more money then eh.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 12 2012, 02:15 PM) *
Torres 1-0.

It took less than 1 half for the refs to start ruining things. laugh.gif

Savic should've been sent off, ref bottled it, he then sends Ivanovic off 10 seconds later. Guess we know which club has more money then eh.

It was a really bad challenge though, harsh to give a red but not completely unjust.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 12 2012, 02:23 PM) *
It was a really bad challenge though, harsh to give a red but not completely unjust.

I can see the red for Ivanovic, but to not send Savic off for that (and actually give Savic the free kick laugh.gif) 10 seconds earlier is insane.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 12 2012, 02:24 PM) *
I can see the red for Ivanovic, but to not send Savic off for that (and actually give Savic the free kick laugh.gif) 10 seconds earlier is insane.

Agreed, and ironically had he made the right call to begin with it would have been a Chelsea ball, thus a moot point
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 12 2012, 02:35 PM) *
Agreed, and ironically had he made the right call to begin with it would have been a Chelsea ball, thus a moot point

Indeed. Seems the Super Cups officiating has just been awful in general so far. 2 games, 2 games ruined by the fools in black.
kurtsimonw
Chelsea 1-1 Kevin Friend.

Yaya Toure.
han2503
And it begins
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 12 2012, 01:36 PM) *
Indeed. Seems the Super Cups officiating has just been awful in general so far. 2 games, 2 games ruined by the fools in black.

When is the Spanish Supercup btw? That will surely complete the trifecta biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw
Think it's a 2 leg thing at the end of August.

Tevez gives Kevin Friend the lead.
Milan Are Brilliant
3-1 the Man City fans don't need to claim their Chelsea shirts back just yet.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 12 2012, 03:49 PM) *
When is the Spanish Supercup btw? That will surely complete the trifecta biggrin.gif

In about two weeks, Friday or Thursday I think.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Aug 12 2012, 05:28 PM) *
3-1 the Man City fans don't need to claim their Chelsea shirts back just yet.

LOOL laugh.gif
kurtsimonw
Sunderland linked with Emile Heskey and have apparently had a £14m bid accepted for Steven Fletcher. It's times like this I am glad he's nowhere near this club anymore. The man has no idea how to spend money.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 14 2012, 05:10 PM) *
Sunderland linked with Emile Heskey and have apparently had a £14m bid accepted for Steven Fletcher. It's times like this I am glad he's nowhere near this club anymore. The man has no idea how to spend money.

Nah, you need Houllier back - what a inspiration biggrin.gif
Fillipo Simone
Why on earth would someone pay that much for Fletcher.

Houllier isn't one of my favorites anyway, but he as well isn't that bad either.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Aug 14 2012, 05:57 PM) *
Nah, you need Houllier back - what a inspiration biggrin.gif

To be fair, Houllier bought Darren Bent, arguably one of our best ever signings. I don't think it helped he took over in September and fell ill a number of times. It's certainly the best passing football I've ever seen at VP. We played United off the park with a bunch of teenagers.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 14 2012, 06:04 PM) *
Why on earth would someone pay that much for Fletcher.

Houllier isn't one of my favorites anyway, but he as well isn't that bad either.

Fletcher is goodand would do better at a bigger club, but that's silly money. When you consider we signed Bent for £18m and other top players go in the low £20ms.

I think Houllier isn't as bad as some say. His involvement in the French team helped them to their 1998 and 2000 success and he lead Liverpool to 2nd with a crap team.!
kurtsimonw
Villa play Tranmere in the League Cup. I think the 93/94 semi-final between us has to be the best 2-legged Cup game I've ever seen.
Milan Are Brilliant
Man United have signed Van Persie.
acid911
And there you have it. sleep.gif
X-Offender
Good thing he didn't go to Juventus.
kurtsimonw
Arsenal stand by him for 5 years of mediocrity and injuries. After a good 18 months he demands to leave and goes to their rivals. What a guy.
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 15 2012, 09:40 PM) *
Arsenal stand by him for 5 years of mediocrity and injuries. After a good 18 months he demands to leave and goes to their rivals. What a guy.

+1. If you must leave, at least leave to non english team.
kurtsimonw
Muamba retires after medical advice. I read on one site "how can there be any disappointment in this?" and they're right. He's very lucky to be alive and I'm sure he has a decent amount of cash.
CHU-LIP
I wonder how Ferguson will fit in Kagawa and Van Persie, knowing they also have Rooney.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised when Van Persie ends up a flop.
kurtsimonw
Valencia, Nani, Young, Kagawa, Rooney, Welbeck, Van Persie, Hernandez. Not sure how he's going to keep them all happy.
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 16 2012, 07:08 AM) *
Muamba retires after medical advice. I read on one site "how can there be any disappointment in this?" and they're right. He's very lucky to be alive and I'm sure he has a decent amount of cash.

But is cash the reason he took up football? Not likely.

Imagine if someone told a singer, that if you sing again you risk dying, so give it up. And in return they give you whatever money was owed to you from the record deal.

Would be difficult nonetheless. Coz you're being asked to choose between your dreams and your life. While it's accepted that the whole point behind life is that you get to chase your dream.

Now poor Fabrice needs to start from scratch. Maybe find a new vocation. Maybe he can be lucky and stay with football, as an administrator or a media expert or even a coach.
kurtsimonw
But he's alive. I don't see how he or anyone could be disappointed with this.
Jack Sparrow
He's disappointed, coz he had to give up the one activity which he loved the most in the world.

Is he relieved that he recovered from the cardiac seizure, of course.
kurtsimonw
Fortunately I do think he'll stay involved somehow. Obviously he can't coach, but I am positive he'll remained in football. Hopefully anyway.
CHU-LIP
I read his heart was not functioning for over an hour, and that a little less than an hour attempts to made it work again were failing. It's amazing he is still alive. I wonder if in many different situations a person would have been given up already after so long. Playing professional football is very intense, so of course he should retire. I am with Kurt 100% on here. After going through this, you can't expect more, and be very grateful.

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 16 2012, 06:01 PM) *
Valencia, Nani, Young, Kagawa, Rooney, Welbeck, Van Persie, Hernandez. Not sure how he's going to keep them all happy.

Agreed. So many strikers, and you didn't even mention Berbatov. Though, he might leave.
Fillipo Simone
It seems like a good opportunity to go after Berba for peanuts.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 16 2012, 06:42 PM) *
It seems like a good opportunity to go after Berba for peanuts.

I really hope we do. No one can make up for Ibrahimovic his departure, but Berbatov would a lot more than pretty much anyone else, especially than those who we have been linked with.

Milan need a new striker badly. Except for Pato, all we have left are supporting strikers, really. Besides that, Berbatov would be a quality player, which we are very thin in at the moment.

What also is nice about Berbatov is his physical presense (strength), which will be useful against most sides.
Jack Sparrow
But Allegri might not like him coz he's not a runner.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 16 2012, 06:51 PM) *
But Allegri might not like him coz he's not a runner.

/ or because he is good with the ball on his foot

sad.gif

but yeah, he likes runners so much, nothing else seem to matter sad.gif
Fillipo Simone
Indeed. No link between Berba and Milan up till now.
kurtsimonw
I'd like Berba. I used to question his attitude, but SAF was full of praise for him last season after being played so little he never complained and understood his bench role.
Danny
I find the RVP situation laughable. He played well in the EPL for one season, very well, and suddenly SAF thinks he's the best thing since sliced bread despite having made zero impact in the CL for Arsenal or indeed for his country. At age 29 he's only got about 20 caps for the Netherlands.

The guy hit his peak last year, and then flopped hugely at the Euros.

Arsenal might be a little misguided in being gutted at losing him - yeah, he was their best player, but that's a damning indictment of how much Arsenal have slid in the past few years.

I think Carlos Tevez and Sergio Aguero are much, much better strikers than RVP. I'd say he's on a par with Rooney who is a mite over rated as well.
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 16 2012, 07:17 PM) *
I'd like Berba. I used to question his attitude, but SAF was full of praise for him last season after being played so little he never complained and understood his bench role.

Helluva pricey substitute!
Danny
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Aug 16 2012, 05:48 PM) *
I really hope we do. No one can make up for Ibrahimovic his departure, but Berbatov would a lot more than pretty much anyone else, especially than those who we have been linked with.

Milan need a new striker badly. Except for Pato, all we have left are supporting strikers, really. Besides that, Berbatov would be a quality player, which we are very thin in at the moment.

What also is nice about Berbatov is his physical presense (strength), which will be useful against most sides.

I feel Berba was a big fish in a smaller pond at Spurs, but didn't make the transition to big team as his price tag hinted he would.

He's a good player, a very good player, but he is very limited in what he can do on the pitch. He's not mobile, has no pace, and isn't very strong for a big guy.

What he does have is excellent positional sense and a clinical eye for goal. Also has good vision.
Milan Are Brilliant
Van Persie has always had real quality, that's never been in doubt. The real question mark over him is his proneness to injury to be honest.
Jack Sparrow
...and the fact that he's a complete pr!ck. Has been since his Feyenoord days. dry.gif

I hate him. How could he do that?!
kurtsimonw
I'm beginning to think players are signed too early in their lives. Most of them are signed up to the big clubs in their country at 14 or so, they have a lot of growing up to do still at that point that they never really do. Then they don't care about school anymore, they just want to play football.

It's no surprise that 99% of footballers are idiots with no morales. In comparison to adults, most of us are at 14 and these guys just don't grow up.
Danny
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Aug 17 2012, 03:00 PM) *
Van Persie has always had real quality, that's never been in doubt. The real question mark over him is his proneness to injury to be honest.

You're right, it's never been in doubt. But it should have been! Even I bought into it. Then I watched his pathetic displays for his country this summer and realised he's really not that terrific after all.

btw, God knows where I got the 20 cap figure for Netherlands from, closer to 70.

btw, I consider KJH a better player than RVP.
Danny
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 17 2012, 03:09 PM) *
...and the fact that he's a complete pr!ck. Has been since his Feyenoord days. dry.gif

I hate him. How could he do that?!

I dunno. Ask Ashley Cole. Ask Sol Campbell. Ask Wayne Rooney.

They all do it.

It's all about money and trophies and hee haw about loyalty.

I do hope it goes sour for him.
Danny
Van Persie said there were "no hard feelings" against his former club

"It's just uncertain elements that we had a different view on. That's life. No-one is angry at me and I'm not angry at them," he said.

"It is always difficult to find the perfect match but I feel this is the perfect match.

"Manchester United breathes football. If you look at all the players from Manchester United, the stadium, the manager - my choice was made very soon in my mind."

Have to say he comes across as a grade-A c*nt and traitor from this.

Not a positive word to say about Arsenal, and suddenly the sun shines out the backside of one of their biggest rivals.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.