Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Season...New personnel...New Tactics
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
Pages: 1, 2
Jack Sparrow
Hello,

So this has been sometime coming. We have a lot of discussion on the forums about what our team is doing right and what it's doing wrong. People on here having different ideas on how we should play, how we should line-up, who needs to go, who needs to come in etc.

So here is your opportunity to have a go at your own tactics piece. Perhaps it might be difficult to make it as elegant as something from zonalmarking (what a wonderful site), so make do with dashes.

I'll first set the ball rolling by giving you the tactics piece from the man who makes the decisions:

This is Allegri on Milan-

Milan will refresh their lines in the summer as many players that carried the club for years are leaving – players like Gennaro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta, Filippo Inzaghi and probably Clarence Seedorf too.

The Rossoneri have already confirmed the signings of Bakaye Traoré from Nancy and Riccardo Montolivo from Fiorentina and Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri says how he intends to use his squad next year.

"Montolivo can play in front of the defence or on either side in a 3-man midfield. He could revive the regista position," he said. "The alternative to the regista position is Muntari. Traoré will play on one of the sides in the midfield. Emanuelson will play as a left back next year. He could grow and develop well in that position.

"De Sciglio is ‘da Milan’ (Milan quality) and he can play both as a right and as a left back. The next season will be great for Mexes. I’m sure that he will perform well. Boa or Robinho will be used as the trequartista.

"The squad next year will consist of 25 players and I hope that our head athletic trainer, Daniele Tognaccini, will stay. Tognaccini (whose contract ends this summer) has been here for 14 years and has done a great job. If he doesn’t stay here, then we will still be in good hands. With the departure of all these players, Milan have lost quantity, quality and moral values. But we will continue to have clear rules in the changing room.

"Next year we will start over with Ibra, Boateng and Thiago Silva. There is no danger that they will leave. We will be counting a lot on Pato next season. He had a sabbatical year due to all these injuries. Robinho to be sacrificed? At the moment no one is in danger of being sacrificed. My future? I’m 100% sure I’ll stay."

Milan’s rating from La Gazzetta dello Sport for the 2011/2012 season (screenshot from La Gazzetta dello Sport)
Milan’s season was rather a disappointment as they finished it without winning any trophy – they lost the Scudetto to Juventus and got knocked out of the Champions League after the legs with Barcelona in the quarter finals.

"How I would rate this season for Milan? I would give it a rating of 6,5. We were at a rating of 8 before the Barça matches and after that only a 5, in my opinion," the former Cagliari Calcio boss added. In order to stay at Milan for a long time, you need technical and physical qualities as well as great moral qualities.

"It won’t be easy to replace these champions that have now left Milan. A player like Alessandro Nesta is born every 50 years. Along with Franco Baresi, Nesta is the best defender in the history of football. Filippo Inzaghi is a monster. He knows the characteristics of every single defender in Serie A. Even vs. Novara, Inzaghi knew perfectly well what he had to do in order to put the defenders in difficulty. I preferred not to talk much after the Novara match, because it was a day that was dedicated to the players leaving Milan."

Allegri, who also said "Mario Balotelli has to mature" when asked about the prospect of the troublemaker joining Milan, will now be on a vacation before trainings for the next season resume on the 8th of July.

So, from the dog's mouth, it seems we're looking at:

-----Ibra/Tonio/Pato-----Pato/Tonio-----

--------------Prince/Robbie--------------

--Noce/Monty---Monty/Ambro/Sulley----Traore

Urby----------Silva--------Mexes-----------Abate

-------------------||ABBIATI||----------------------

Bench:SeS, De Sciglio, Bonera,Flamini,Merkel, Strasser,Amelia

The same 4-3-1-2.

Can't say I'm thrilled. But oh well! I just see us being tactically rigid again, next season and depending on players instead of the system to make us winners.

On the tactics note, do read this delightful piece from zonalmarking. I especially like this quote from Martinez, who is one of the fore-runners to manage Liverpool:

"When you play a 4-3-3, you rely a lot on the full-backs to get high up the pitch. You shouldn’t look at a system as away to win a football match, it is the players that play the system"

Excellent point...and at the moment, I'm not sure if we have the players to play the system. I really feel it is perhaps time we looked at the 3 man defence and what it gives us.

But more on that later when I get enough time to come up with a tactics piece.

Meanwhile, feel free to post your own tactics piece. And try to keep your fantasy mercato transfers to a basic limit. It is really doubtful we are getting anyone more that Traore and Montolivo.
Zed.D
Do we have the players for a 3-man defense?
-
As for the formation/lineup that we'll probably be playing next year, I'm OK with it expect the trequartista position. neither Robinho nor Boateng is cut out for it. how about signing a real, classic trequartista?
Zed.D
Also, where is that Allegri interview from??
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 18 2012, 03:42 PM) *
Do we have the players for a 3-man defense?

We definitely did with Nesta and it wouldn't be the worst idea to try something like that given our fullbacks inability to defend.
X-Offender
Oh god, Muntari as regista.
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 18 2012, 09:40 PM) *
We definitely did with Nesta and it wouldn't be the worst idea to try something like that given our fullbacks inability to defend.

Yeah. We have to be realistic and look at the market. We have a serious chance of getting a good extremely talented CB than we do of getting a world class FB and AM (both of which we need for the 4-3-1-2 to seriously hold on the 3 fronts we MUST do well on).

Among the CBs: We are easily looking at the possibility of getting Ogbonna, Acerbi or Astori, for under 15 million and wages of under 3 million for sure.

--Mexes---Silva---CB----

-------Abate----Nocerino--Flamini----Urby

--------------------Prince/Robinho---------

------------------Ibra----Cassano------------

It's a 3-4-1-2, and I think it is a lot safer. Plus there is the added benefit that in Silva we have possibly the best sweeper in the world today.
Rossoneri7
Not a fan of the 3 man midfield, let alone a 3 man defence. Theoretically it is interesting and as Kurt said had we tried it out with Nesta. But realistically speaking, I don't remember the last time we played a 3 man defense. Maybe its just that Milan always plays with 4 at the back? Not sure.

In general, I believe Allegri will continue with the 4312, simply because it was the foundation to winning the Scudetto. And as the proverb goes "..what you win with, you play with".

My only doubt is Mexes, even in his Roma days he was average when compared with Nesta back in the day. Moreover, I remember Nesta being huge for Lazio. While Mexes was nothing special, Juan is more consistent if you will.

My personal preference is a 4231, with Ibra upfront supported by Robi and Cassano.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 18 2012, 04:38 PM) *
My personal preference is a 4231, with Ibra upfront supported by Robi and Cassano.

Yeah I think this is the way to go, a lot of top teams use it now with great success.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 18 2012, 05:38 PM) *

I wonder what midfield you have in mind then, because that is important to know.

Boateng, Cassano and Ibrahimovic is our excellent attacking trio, I am not a fan of changing that (for Robinho).
X-Offender
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 18 2012, 05:38 PM) *

I don't think Ibra likes to play as lone striker, plus we don't have the right players for it. We need two qualified wingers, and I can only think of Robinho. Cassano cannot pull it off. Not to mention we'd need back-ups, too. I'd rather go with 4-3-1-2. We sign two quality LB and DM (Balzaretti and Strootman), Montolivo on the right and Nocerino on the left.

Abbiati
Abate - Mexes - T. Silva - Balzaretti
Montolivo - Strootman - Nocerino
Boateng
Ibrahimovic - Cassano

That's a really, really good line-up if you ask me. And if we manage to sign Tevez (by selling Pato or Robinho), even better.
Jack Sparrow
I see no chance of getting Tevez. Keeping in mind his wages and possible transfer fee.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 18 2012, 07:57 PM) *
I see no chance of getting Tevez. Keeping in mind his wages and possible transfer fee.

If we were so close to signing him this winter, then I don't see what the problem is signing him a few months later. Obviously, we'd pay for him with the money we'd get from selling Pato or Robinho.
Jack Sparrow
Coz at that time he was an outcast...footballing poison who no one wanted to touch and we thought we would let Pato go to PSG.

Then Man City put their foot down and nothing happened.

Today he is the premier league winner and the team is happy paying him 200k a week while he is happy to be back in everyone's plans.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 18 2012, 02:17 PM) *
So, from the dog's mouth, it seems we're looking at:

-----Ibra/Tonio/Pato-----Pato/Tonio-----

--------------Prince/Robbie--------------

--Noce/Monty---Monty/Ambro/Sulley----Traore

Urby----------Silva--------Mexes-----------Abate

-------------------||ABBIATI||----------------------

Bench:SeS, De Sciglio, Bonera,Flamini,Merkel, Strasser,Amelia

What makes you think Traore will start? And so are few other things I will say we are not looking at we will get. Merkel on the bench, but he seems to leave us to get El Shaarawy other half. Strasser could leave, a half of him, too.
han2503
Muntari should be banned as a word on this forum. If I had the permissions, I would so add the idiot's name to the filter list!!

And people here thought we wouldn't make his deal permanent HA!! Allegri is already dreaming about him in his ideal 11 for next season. I mean can you imagine him stumbling over his own feet in the CL?
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 18 2012, 10:26 PM) *
Coz at that time he was an outcast...footballing poison who no one wanted to touch and we thought we would let Pato go to PSG.

Then Man City put their foot down and nothing happened.

Today he is the premier league winner and the team is happy paying him 200k a week while he is happy to be back in everyone's plans.

Man City didn't do anything, it was Berlusconi who froze the move. Pato to PSG was a done deal, and Gallaini was already in London to sign Tevez, but then our genius president chose to keep the Brazilian instead.

Now Ancelotti said they're going to try for Pato again this summer, and Galliani has great relations with Tevez, who probably wouldn't mind playing alongside Ibra in one of the most prestigious clubs in the world. I can see it happening.
kurtsimonw
Tevez makes zero sense at this point. Especially with those wages.
Zed.D
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 19 2012, 04:45 AM) *
Now Ancelotti said they're going to try for Pato again this summer, and Galliani has great relations with Tevez, who probably wouldn't mind playing alongside Ibra in one of the most prestigious clubs in the world. I can see it happening.

I don't think Pato is going anywhere this summer. Allegri said we're counting on him a lot next season, the club said they're absolutely determined to solve his problem and that he'd be back stronger than ever, blah blah etc. etc.

They can't say those words and next ship him out for $$$. they know they should take responsibility for what's happened to him. I think they will give it another chance.

Yes, this season was a disaster, but I'd gladly take the Pato of last season (2010-11) and the seasons before, with all the injuries, over a healthy Robinho any day. nevermind a healthy Pato.

I'm not saying Tevez won't come, but I think if he does it won't be at the expense of Pato.

But I'd rather we looked somewhere else to be honest. with most of the senators gone, the thought of having the likes of Ibra and Tevez in the same locker room gives me shivers. Ibra already looks like he's not that happy at Milan (or with Allegri) anymore. I don't want him to cause a mutiny with the help of his good friend Tevez (as you like to put it) and ruin our season.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 19 2012, 10:11 AM) *
I don't think Pato is going anywhere this summer. Allegri said we're counting on him a lot next season, the club said they're absolutely determined to solve his problem and that he'd be back stronger than ever, blah blah etc. etc.

They can't say those words and next ship him out for $$$. they know they should take responsibility for what's happened to him. I think they will give it another chance.

Yes, this season was a disaster, but I'd gladly take the Pato of last season (2010-11) and the seasons before, with all the injuries, over a healthy Robinho any day. nevermind a healthy Pato.

You know as well as me that those words count little to nothing. How can you expect Allegri to say otherwise, it would just diminish Pato's value, and in the remote chance that PSG do not make their offer, it would create a very awkward situation. I'm not sold on the idea that we want to keep Pato at all cost, solve his problems etc. I believe at the right offer we will sell him, and then we'll go for Tevez/Balotelli.
Zed.D
You believed that in January as well. I don't think those words count little to nothing (especially that statement). speak for yourself. wink.gif

I'm not saying we want to keep Pato at all costs but I think Robinho will be the first to be sacrificed meanwhile we will give Pato another season.

I could be wrong, so could you. we'll see.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 19 2012, 03:07 PM) *
You believed that in January as well. I don't think those words count little to nothing (especially that statement). speak for yourself. wink.gif

And I was right. Pato was 99% a PSG player and Tevez was 99% a Milan player. You can't deny that. It was a last minute decision that turned everything.
Zed.D
Bottom line is they didn't sell him, I don't know how that means you were right when they made a move that meant they still believe in Pato.

The decision not to sell him will prove to be a masterstroke one day. you heard it here first wink.gif
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 19 2012, 04:16 PM) *
The decision not to sell him will prove to be a masterstroke one day. you heard it here first wink.gif

I heard it a zillion times, and the amouts of years are popping up.

Yeah sure...
X-Offender
QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 19 2012, 04:16 PM) *
Bottom line is they didn't sell him, I don't know how that means you were right when they made a move that meant they still believe in Pato.

Bottom line is they didn't sell him due to the senile decision of one person at the last moment, and that makes a lot of difference.
Zed.D
So anyone who thinks Pato should stay is senile? get over yourself, Mr. Big Robinho Fan. rolleyes.gif
X-Offender
No, I think aborting the move was a huge mistake.
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 19 2012, 07:10 PM) *
And I was right. Pato was 99% a PSG player and Tevez was 99% a Milan player. You can't deny that. It was a last minute decision that turned everything.

Wow...you really do have a reality distortion field. So if a suspended player who throws a tantrum decides he will play at another team...he is 99% the other teams player? The fact is we were tapping him up and if we were in England we might even have been sanctioned.

And as for Pato...PSG made a great offer that had to be thought about. As opposed to say Barca with their 25 for Silva...which doeant require a second look. They thought about it and said no. It's part and parcel of daily business.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 20 2012, 10:42 AM) *
Wow...you really do have a reality distortion field. So if a suspended player who throws a tantrum decides he will play at another team...he is 99% the other teams player? The fact is we were tapping him up and if we were in England we might even have been sanctioned.

And as for Pato...PSG made a great offer that had to be thought about. As opposed to say Barca with their 25 for Silva...which doeant require a second look. They thought about it and said no. It's part and parcel of daily business.

+1 king.gif
Zed.D
Milan reject Pato proposal
By Football Italia staff

Milan have rejected the idea of loaning injury-prone Alexandre Pato to Corinthians. “He is staying with us 100 per cent.”

Brazilian media suggested Pato would return to his homeland for a year to recover from the numerous muscular problems that have badly affected his season.

Milan will not negotiate for Pato on a loan deal or a permanent transfer,” Vice-President Adriano Galliani told Lancenet.

The player is staying with us 100 per cent. He will remain next season and recover here with Milan. That is certain.

However, Pato’s agent was not so quick to close the door on Corinthians, especially as the striker has fallen out of favour with the Seleçao.

“Corinthians are a great team,” said Gilmar Veloz. “We will wait to see how the situation evolves and let the player prepare for the Olympics in London, then we’ll decide what to do.”

Of course, those words count for little to nothing. surely Pato will be sold to PSG and Tevez will be signed instead.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 20 2012, 12:52 PM) *
Of course, those words count for little to nothing. surely Pato will be sold to PSG and Tevez will be signed instead.

96.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 20 2012, 09:42 AM) *

Dude, where were you in January? I'm not inventing any of that, it was reported everywhere. Galliani was in London to close the deal with City, Pato had to decided to sign for PSG. Then Berlusconi barged in and aborted everything, supposedly because he wasn't satisfied with the quality/price rapport.

Now, if you refuse to believe any of that, or if you believe, like Zed, that it was Pato who actually changed his mind at the last moment, that's fine with me. But don't say I have a distorted reality field or crap like that, because I'm speaking based on the words of the media and Mr. Berlusconi himself.
Jack Sparrow
My question exactly. Where were you in January?

Tevez's preferred choice would be AC Milan but Al-Mubarak criticised both the club and their vice-president Adriano Galliani, saying the Italians' discussions with Tevez and his advisers had been "premature".

"As things stand, AC Milan are not an option for Carlos," said Al-Mubarak, who will only let Tevez go for £25m, plus add-ons.

Speaking publicly on the subject for the first time, Al-Mubarak told the National newspaper in Abu Dhabi : "If they want to be a
consideration in this transfer window, they would do better to stop congratulating one another and begin to look at how they would meet our terms.

"Unless we receive an offer we deem appropriate, the terms of his contract will be enforced.

"Inter Milan and Paris Saint-Germain approached discussions with us in good faith. It is always a positive experience to deal with people with a professional approach."

Definitely sounds like he was 99% ours. Actually I'll go with 99.9% . rolleyes.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 20 2012, 08:08 PM) *
My question exactly. Where were you in January?

Definitely sounds like he was 99% ours. Actually I'll go with 99.9% . rolleyes.gif

Old interview. We did get into official negotiations with them afterwards (Galliani's trip to London), and we had a deal: loan until June with obligation to sign him for €25 million, which we'd get from Pato's sale.

You really weren't here in January, were you?
X-Offender
http://italianleaguetickets.blogspot.com/2...-alexandre.html

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calciomercato/12-01...275465443.shtml

There you go. It clearly states that it was Berlusconi who blocked Pato's move and that both transfers were closely tied. Pato going to PSG would have meant Tevez signing for us. The second link is a detailed Gazzetta article about what really happened that day, which you can't understand, but that it pretty much sums up everything I've been saying. Use Google Translate if you don't believe me.
Jack Sparrow
I'm going with the gazzeta link since that is the ony official source. It states the following:

1. Galliani was in Man City
2. Pato's final offer had been thought fit by Milan, but they only needed to see if the player was ready to move. This has for the past few years been the policy. We do it with Sheva, Kaka and now Pato.
3. Pato turned down the offer.
4. Therefore hypothetically we didn't have money to pay City.

The gazzeta article was on January 12. My article which you state as old, was from the BBC and dated 25th January.

Anyway I'm tired of this discussion. You're going to insist your hypothesis is correct, while I will not agree. So leave it.

FWIW, I'm glad Pato is here instead of Tevez.
Zed.D
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 20 2012, 08:35 PM) *
Dude, where were you in January? I'm not inventing any of that, it was reported everywhere. Galliani was in London to close the deal with City, Pato had to decided to sign for PSG. Then Berlusconi barged in and aborted everything, supposedly because he wasn't satisfied with the quality/price rapport.

If Pato really wanted to go, Berlu wouldn't have stopped the deal. we don't keep players against their wishes. so yes, I think he wanted to stay as well.

I'm saying that based on the words of the media and Mr. Alexandre Rodrigues da Silva himself. innocent.gif

Are you telling me Pato wanted to go but Berlu didn't let him? BS.

EDIT: or... what Jack wrote above.
Jack Sparrow
Pretty much. To sell Pato for Tevez doesn't make sense even from the financial perspective, forget team-spirit and all that.

Plus we have the word from Galliani that the only reason the transfer was even thought of was coz of the Cassano injury and because we weren't sure if Tonio would ever play again. That was a huge risk. Now I'm glad.

I'd take Cassano anyday over Pato. And I have to believe Pato will be well again next season. He needs to be treated next season like SeS was. No stress, no pressure, just get back into the groove.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 21 2012, 09:52 AM) *
If Pato really wanted to go, Berlu wouldn't have stopped the deal. we don't keep players against their wishes. so yes, I think he wanted to stay as well.

I'm saying that based on the words of the media and Mr. Alexandre Rodrigues da Silva himself. innocent.gif

Berlusconi said everything was done, (Galliani, Pato, Allegri agreed with the transfer), but that he himself decided to cancel it (last minute) because he felt like Pato is worth more than what PSG offered to Milan which thus was accepted. As a following of this, there was no money for Tevez, Galliani was already in City, it everyone agreed with everyone there too, yet it was yet to be completed, about to, but last minute, also canceled since Pato's got.

Now, this is what I remember from back then what I read, and believe, thanks for calling it BS.

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 21 2012, 09:58 AM) *
Pretty much. To sell Pato for Tevez doesn't make sense even from the financial perspective, forget team-spirit and all that.

Plus we have the word from Galliani that the only reason the transfer was even thought of was coz of the Cassano injury and because we weren't sure if Tonio would ever play again. That was a huge risk. Now I'm glad.

I'd take Cassano anyday over Pato. And I have to believe Pato will be well again next season. He needs to be treated next season like SeS was. No stress, no pressure, just get back into the groove.

So it didn't make sense to you, so that means it can't happen? As far as I can remember Galliani has done a zillion things that doesn't make sense to me, same goes for Allegri. Allegri didn't really like Pato, he rather saw him leave and have Tevez instead. Tevez is older, yes, Pato talented and younger, yes, but Allegri wanted Tevez instead, Galliani agreed, Pato agreed with Leonardo's team, everyone agreed, but once Berlusconi found out...

And I'm not glad about it. What has Pato done for us in 2012? Nothing! What has Tevez done in 2012 for City? Obviously a lot more! So I don't see how you can be glad about it now, and keeping Pato is a huge risk as well if anything. He keeps on getting injured. And good for you that you're hopeful with him, others like me are not.
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ May 21 2012, 04:49 PM) *
And I'm not glad about it. What has Pato done for us in 2012? Nothing! What has Tevez done in 2012 for City? Obviously a lot more! So I don't see how you can be glad about it now, and keeping Pato is a huge risk as well if anything. He keeps on getting injured. And good for you that you're hopeful with him, others like me are not.

Look,I can accept that you perhaps prefer the playing style of someone like Tevez over Pato. I have a different view of football. For me if you play like a hustler, then you win or you have no excuse. But that's not really the way forward. But alright, we can agree to disagree and I can respect your opinion about how winning is what matters.

But you ask what has Tevez done in 2012 for City? He embarrassed them and if they didn't have the money and the players to fill in that hole, they would have been f@cked. Fortunately and kudos to City...they flipped the finger at Tevez and he came back with his tail between his legs. The way it should be.

I WILL NOT TOLERATE SOMEONE WITH THAT KIND OF TOXIC PERSONALITY WEARING MY TEAM'S COLOURS!

I'm sorry, I'd rather have Ibrahim Ba than Tevez. Even if he were to score 20 goals for us. Ibra might be a lot of things, but I think what he did at Barca is the maximum limit to where he can take it, even though that was wrong, but at least he didn't de-stabilise the team. Nothing like what Tevez did.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 21 2012, 12:44 PM) *
Look,I can accept that you perhaps prefer the playing style of someone like Tevez over Pato.

Thing is, Tevez is exactly what suits in Allegri's style of play for a forward, and Pato exactly what isn't.

So doesn't make sense to you.

But it does to Allegri...

Which is something I wanted to point out to you.
Jack Sparrow
Maybe. But I think Allegri has to change his approach then. He has what happened to AVB to serve as a reminder.

Allegri's approach works in a place like the league,where the season is long and you can keep grinding out the points and hypothetically gain first place even if you lose to teams as-good or better than you.

But his approach of 'hustle' will flop miserably against the top teams and we saw it this season.

I'm not anti-Allegri...but I do believe if he wants to have an extensive career in Milan he has to change his approach a bit. He cannot depend on individuals to bring quality all the time. His playing approach also has to be enterprising.

If you have a talent like Pato, you must use him in the best way possible. He's already paying for it with Pirlo.

What worries me is if he genuinely is blind to the talent these people possess??! If you remember the first leg in the season when we were embarrassed by Juve, we simply let Pirlo play!! Ridiculous! I was so angry then, because it looked to me like Allegri in his arrogance was trying to say that Pirlo was a non-factor so we wouldn't mark him, and yet we paid for it.

I hope he does not make similar mistakes again, because almost universally football is changing into a more attacking mode and like it or not the big man upstairs wants good football and the CL. At the moment our coach is lacking in both.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 21 2012, 09:49 AM) *
I'm going with the gazzeta link since that is the ony official source. It states the following:

1. Galliani was in Man City
2. Pato's final offer had been thought fit by Milan, but they only needed to see if the player was ready to move. This has for the past few years been the policy. We do it with Sheva, Kaka and now Pato.
3. Pato turned down the offer.
4. Therefore hypothetically we didn't have money to pay City.

The gazzeta article was on January 12. My article which you state as old, was from the BBC and dated 25th January.

Anyway I'm tired of this discussion. You're going to insist your hypothesis is correct, while I will not agree. So leave it.

FWIW, I'm glad Pato is here instead of Tevez.

So, you basically agreed with what I've been saying. Pato was very close to being a PSG player and Tevez was very close to being a Milan player. That's all I needed to know. Thanks.

QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 21 2012, 09:52 AM) *

That's what the big man said, otherwise he wouldn't have taken all the credit for canceling the move, when Pato had said on an official note the day before that it was him who turned down PSG's offer. I don't know exactly how things went, but what's evident is that without Berlusconi butting in, Pato would be playing for PSG now.
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 21 2012, 05:48 PM) *
So, you basically agreed with what I've been saying. Pato was very close to being a PSG player and Tevez was very close to being a Milan player. That's all I needed to know. Thanks.

Hee..let's say it is complicated. biggrin.gif

Cassano being injured meant we needed a striker. Tevez throwing a strop meant we had a chance to land a bargain. But to land Tevez meant we needed Pato. But Pato backed out so nothing happened and we didn't want Tevez badly enough for Silvio to fork up money from his own pocket (as he has done for R99, R80, Sheva etc.)

In the end, for me personally, things worked out great. I love Toni Cassano our Mad Genius.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 21 2012, 02:32 PM) *
Hee..let's say it is complicated. biggrin.gif

But I was fairly correct. I wasn't having a "reality distortion field" or anything. You guys were speaking as if I was making things up. That's not cool.
Jack Sparrow
I still disagree with your 99% view. But let's leave it.

For me 99% our player is what happened with us and Suazo (anyone remember him?).

Zlatan in 2006 is more like 80 percent being our player.

This makes this something like 70%.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 21 2012, 01:41 PM) *
But I was fairly correct. I wasn't having a "reality distortion field" or anything. You guys were speaking as if I was making things up. That's not cool.

Not great when folk deny you your right to an opinion is it?
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ May 21 2012, 04:15 PM) *
Not great when folk deny you your right to an opinion is it?

Yes, when you are backed by facts. sleep.gif
kurtsimonw
Now, now girls.
Zed.D
Allegri on Milan 2012-13
By Football Italia staff

Milan boss Massimiliano Allegri wants a reduced squad at San Siro next season – but one that includes Thiago Silva and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Both players have been linked with exits over recent weeks, with Manchester City apparently interested in the duo.

Allegri, though, has insisted that his plans for 2012-13 include the Brazilian stopper and the Swedish striker.

“Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva will stay,” the former Cagliari boss told Milan Channel.

“The club and especially the President want to maintain the team at its high levels. Ibra and Thiago are two champions, a base on which the club can build a future on.”

Reports had suggested that Ibra was looking for a switch because of his relationship with the tactician.

“Ibra is not aching to leave,” Allegri continued. “He is happy in Rossonero. You can have discussions and an exchange of ideas over the course of a season. But he’s a champion and I want to train champions.”

Milan will make changes this summer as a host of veteran players have left, while Riccardo Montolivo and Bakaye Traorè have already come in.

“We had 33 players in the squad this season, but that was because we had to make some adjustments in January because of injuries.

“We’ll have a 25-26 man squad, including three goalkeepers, for the new season.

“Montolivo? Riccardo can play right in the centre of midfield, or just off centre. Traorè has excellent qualities. He is a player who breaks into attack well and he has legs. He can do a lot more.”

Just for the record!
CHU-LIP
So it's rumoured Milan will sign 3 new players, right? If I was the one making the decisions then mine may be Yanga-Mbiwa, Strootman and Dzeko, so that we can play like this:

Dzeko, Pato
Boateng
Emanuelson, Strootman, Montolivo, De Sciglio
Yepes, Yanga-Mbiwa, Mexes
Abbiati
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.