Full Version: Allegri's faiths
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Polls
Pages: 1, 2
Fillipo Simone
Let's see what comes up.
acid911
If we win the Scudetto? Yes! sleep.gif
d'Arc.LP
If we win the scudetto - Yes! and If we don't win the scudetto - No! but since I had only one option to vote, I voted the first one.
CHU-LIP
I voted for the latter, because it depends on who will be his replacement. Enough names that scare me. If he wins the Scudetto, then that would be a great comeback. It's really tough to win it now... sad.gif
Fillipo Simone
Which names scare you. MvB is the only one who's unacceptable for me.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 9 2012, 09:54 PM) *
Which names scare you. MvB is the only one who's unacceptable for me.

Van Basten scares me a lot, yes.

Who are the other options nowadays? I think there were more scary names, but Van Basten was the one that came to mind.
Zed.D
Regardless of the seasons's outcome! - Yes!

I'm sorry but I think he deserves one more chance with a fully fit squad. if that ever happens...
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Apr 9 2012, 09:57 PM) *
Van Basten scares me a lot, yes.

Who are the other options nowadays? I think there were more scary names, but Van Basten was the one that came to mind.

Capello, Lippi, Seedorf. Rijkaard is always there, but never seems to make it even to the "second round". I'd take don Fabio gladly, in a heartbeat.
acid911
I'd take Fabio too gladly, just no to Seedorf. mad.gif I don't want another Leo experiment. Maybe one he does a few UEFA courses, manages a small club or two, and then comes prepared. Only then.
X-Offender
Regardless of the seasons's outcome - No!

Rijkaard would be great. I wonder no-one's bothered to sign him after he left Spain. The reason Barça are the strongest team in the world is mainly attributable to his earlier work.
Fillipo Simone
Yeah, he'd be much better then van Basten and would also promote more dynamic and creative football.
kurtsimonw
Regardless of outcome - yes.
drucurl
This is a hard one. As much as I don't like him or the way he's running our team he's doing well with minimal resources.
If we don't get the reinforcements we need I fear that he is the ony thing preventing this circus of a team from showing it's true mid table colours.

If we DO get what we need then he should go and take his tiny club mentality with him

It's the mercato and not the scudetto that would determine it for me
kurtsimonw
Interesting balance so far.
Rossoneri7
If he doesn't win, he should be ousted.
William405
Jack Sparrow
If he doesn't win he needs to leave. I'm sorry I can't shake the suspicion that the massive injuries are also due to his training methods. How come we never had this level of problems with Carlo or even with Leo. Even Seedorf was injured!
acid911
Could this guy's opinion be more divided?! ohmy.gif 3, 3, 4, 4 out of 14 votes so far!
han2503
Only if he wins the Scudetto. He's walking a very fine line imo. If we don't win today's game than game over for Allegri
drucurl
sack
Fillipo Simone
If we can sign this man, it would be a huge step forward...

acid911
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 23 2012, 12:18 PM) *
If we can sign this man, it would be huge steps forward...

Fixed. smile.gif Funking fixed, man. wink.gif Either stuff Allegri to his throat with some quality creative players (so he doesn't have a choice but to play them) or sign the Don. But either way, make sure we take steps to minimize our injuries.
Jack Sparrow
With the bad boys we've got, I wonder if Fabio's attitude will go down well. Either way, I wouldn't be livid if he did stay on this season.

The rule of thumb is it takes 3 years for the manager to get his team to the peak level with his philosophy. We'll see about it.
Zed.D
I don't think Milan will sack Allegri no matter what. he will be given the next season as well. unless Silvio goes crazy...

I don't want Fabio, I don't want Lippi. I don't want any of those old-fashioned Italian tacticians with their strict, boring brand of football... I'd sooner stick with Max. if you're wondering, yes I still remember when we weren't crippled with injuries we used to play good football and get mainly good results.

If someone like Guus becomes available, by all means, bring him to Milan. THAT would be a step forward.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Apr 23 2012, 07:23 PM) *
If someone like Guus becomes available, by all means, bring him to Milan. THAT would be a step forward.

Or Frankie.
Fillipo Simone
So you think Hiddink would be a step forward but Capello not? Insane.
Zed.D
Yes, because as I said Capello's style is very strict and old-fashioned, while I can't say the same about Guus. I'm not saying he's Pep Guardiola, but he's no Capello either, a rare combination of experience and good football.

As for Frankie, I think he's the most likely manager to take over after Max. we all know Silvio loves MvB and he's an option too, but in the end Rijkaard's previous success with Barca would be the winning factor.
acid911
If we can convince Rijkaard to forgo the gold coins he's being paid in Arabia. wink.gif Only if.
Fillipo Simone
Hiddink is a small club coach who's never able to do the trick in the end. Holland, Russia, Korea, PSV, Chelsea,...you name it, countless "almost winners" or "moral winners".

Capello's football is intelligent and effective. He's twice as good as Hiddink. I don't understand the sudden urge to make Milan play "total" or "sexy" football?

There's clearly a difference between Fabio's and Allegri's approach, if that isn't obvious...well, then it's pointless to argue.
acid911
Agreed Fillipo. sleep.gif No comparison between the two. Get Fabio, he may very well turn Pato into something too.
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 24 2012, 01:06 AM) *
Hiddink is a small club coach who's never able to do the trick in the end. Holland, Russia, Korea, PSV, Chelsea,...you name it, countless "almost winners" or "moral winners".

Not entirely true. He did great with PSV and actually won the Champions League (champions cup back then) with them. Though it was in 1988, still worth mentioning.

He's currently coaching at Anzhi and getting shitload of money for it, so he isn't exectly relevant either (just like FR).
Zed.D
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 24 2012, 02:36 AM) *
I don't understand the sudden urge to make Milan play "total" or "sexy" football?

Sudden urge?!?

It's been a long, torturous desire to see Milan play like that. I'm tired of effective football that only emphasizes on results. when do we want to change for good if we take this clear step backward and sign someone like Capello?

Sudden urge.. ha! rolleyes.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Apr 24 2012, 08:14 AM) *
Sudden urge?!?

It's been a long, torturous desire to see Milan play like that. I'm tired of effective football that only emphasizes on results. when do we want to change for good if we take this clear step backward and sign someone like Capello?

Sudden urge.. ha! rolleyes.gif

But effective football is what every Italian team desires to play. Milan is bit different, but we'll never reach the Barcelona or Madrid level. But anyway, I can understand your desire, even though we disagree.
X-Offender
It looks like the players have revolted against Allegri. Rumor has it that at the end of the game against Bologna, Allegri told the players to "step aside if you don't believe in the scudetto anymore", which angered the players with Seedorf on top. Now everyone, from Nesta to Zambrotta, from Flamini to Aquilani are against the coach, which might finally lead Berlusconi to fire this incompetent n00b.

Link
Zed.D
Now everyone, from Nesta to Zambrotta, from Flamini to Aquilani are against the coach

Everyone... sounds like a lot of BS to me.

As for Seedorf, he should be the first one to leave this team. he really isn't in a position to complain about anything given the disgraceful performances he puts every now and then.
Jack Sparrow
I think it's weird too. Maybe there were disagreements with his formation, but I doubt it means it was a player revolt. That sort of thing just does not happen in our club.
X-Offender
Oh, I wouldn't be so sure about that.
acid911
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Apr 24 2012, 08:24 PM) *
As for Seedorf, he should be the first one to leave this team. he really isn't in a position to complain about anything given the disgraceful performances he puts every now and then.

Word. sleep.gif He used to be lethargic, now he (along with other players) looks like he doesn't even care! Happens when you hand over free lunches to past-their-prime players. No wonder we give away $30 million every year.
X-Offender
QUOTE (acid911 @ Apr 24 2012, 09:58 PM) *
Word. sleep.gif He used to be lethargic, now he (along with other players) looks like he doesn't even care! Happens when you hand over free lunches to past-their-prime players. No wonder we give away $30 million every year.

Amen to that. sleep.gif
Zed.D
Well, the man himself says he acted that way because he cares too much biggrin.gif
Jack Sparrow
I really don't get the fuss over it. This isn't the first time Seedorf has acted pissed off at being subbed. He's done it to Carlo whom he loved to death. That's just the way he is.

Like when Zlatan yells at team mates on the field.

We're just blowing up a big issue. Maybe there is a chance that we have Galliani and Max on one side and the team along with Silvio on another. If that is so, then I see it ending only one way.

But whatever. We can only speculate based on our individual bias.
drucurl
A full player revolt USED to be unthinkable. Now we have replaced the gentlemen like Maldini, Billy, $heva and kaka with lunatics like Cassano and Robinho; violent maniacs like iBra and MVB not to mention the skill-less and egotistical sleep.gif I'm not saying it did happen but it's only a matter of time in the pre-Balotelli era.
In other news I'm totally with Clarence. He has his faults but someone has to show his disgust with this small minded n00b
han2503
Imo, it's pretty clear right now. Allegri has lost the plot, and seemingly control of his dressing room. We all quietly worried about this I'm sure. With all the personalties we have in this squad. I was always worrying of whether Allegri can keep them all happy, I mean if we're winning it's pretty easy to keep them happy, but it's clearly showing now that he doesn't have it under control.

He's made a complete mess of it this season. Yes the injuries were a constant challenge. But some awful decision making on his part more than contributed to this season's complete and utter failure. Trophyless while a pretty average Juve side beat us to both domestic titles. I think it's pretty clear that he cannot continue as the coach of Milan come next season

We need a better trainer. a coach that understands the physical requirements of a team that has to play in 3 demanding competitions. Our medical team is cr@ppy no arguments there. But the amount of injuries we've had this season and last also have to be evaluated in regards to Allegri's training techniques
nuh
I'm sorry but no matter how small minded u think he is, thats no way to treat ur coach!
han2503
QUOTE (nuh @ Apr 25 2012, 03:11 PM) *
I'm sorry but no matter how small minded u think he is, thats no way to treat ur coach!

Well you'll only be respected by the fans if you earn it. Allegri is clearly doing everything he can to un-earn any respect he gained from last season.

His attitude and decisions have put us in this situation. We simply cannot go into next season with him as our coach
nuh
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 25 2012, 03:22 PM) *
Well you'll only be respected by the fans if you earn it. Allegri is clearly doing everything he can to un-earn any respect he gained from last season.

His attitude and decisions have put us in this situation. We simply cannot go into next season with him as our coach

i was talking about what seedorf did
han2503
QUOTE (nuh @ Apr 25 2012, 04:57 PM) *
i was talking about what seedorf did

ah

Well Seedorf is known to act out, but he always has his reasons for doing so. It's not just because he's simply substituted, but it goes deeper than that. There are clearly problems we don't know about right now
X-Offender
So, I was right about Allegri all along. sleep.gif
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 9 2012, 09:47 PM) *
Rijkaard would be great. I wonder no-one's bothered to sign him after he left Spain. The reason Barça are the strongest team in the world is mainly attributable to his earlier work.

Never saw this post. I made this exact same point elsewhere.
Zed.D

I can't help but think that'd be Galliani's choice. at this point can't see him fired.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.