Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The close relationship between Rangers and Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
Danny
I decided to take a slight break from my usual style of blogs to concentrate on something very personal to me, and particularly topical in light of an upcoming friendly match Rangers will be playing on the 30th of this month. Announced some many months ago now, Rangers Legends V AC Milan Glorie has been sadly overshadowed by off-field chaos surrounding Ibrox, but I am going to focus only on the growing relationship between the two clubs, which is especially pertinent and special to me in light of my passionate long-term support of both.

Ibrox Noise: The Growing Relationship Between the Rossoneri and Rangers.

Something slightly different and shamefully self indulgent from me, but I thought it was worth a discussion in light of the upcoming Legends match between both clubs. Feedback and comments appreciated smile.gif
acid911
Good read, man! king.gif I've been reading your blog from time to time, and always enjoyed it.
Danny
Thanks man, I particularly enjoyed writing this one smile.gif
William405
Enjoy the look much better,good job!
Danny
QUOTE (William405 @ Mar 22 2012, 01:52 PM) *

You can thank my missus for that one. Everyone complained about it, so she refined it to this.
acid911
QUOTE (Danny @ Mar 22 2012, 06:31 PM) *
Thanks man, I particularly enjoyed writing this one

Anytime man, your passion for both clubs, as well as the game in general shines through. smile.gif Or should I say glitters through everything you write. And me being a professional writer, can sense it in each syllable of every word. Keep up the great, great job.

QUOTE (William405 @ Mar 22 2012, 06:52 PM) *

Aye. unsure.gif laugh.gif The last was so funky, I even saved it. This ones pixel perfect.

QUOTE (Danny @ Mar 22 2012, 07:14 PM) *
You can thank my missus for that one. Everyone complained about it, so she refined it to this.

Thank her from me, then. innocent.gif As a professional designer too, I think this one's clean and professional.
Danny
QUOTE (acid911 @ Mar 22 2012, 05:05 PM) *
Anytime man, your passion for both clubs, as well as the game in general shines through. smile.gif Or should I say glitters through everything you write. And me being a professional writer, can sense it in each syllable of every word. Keep up the great, great job.

You flatterer smile.gif you're a professional writer?

Aye. unsure.gif laugh.gif The last was so funky, I even saved it. This ones pixel perfect.

The last one's problem was it was black background with white text - burns the eyes, and I even recommended to other bloggers I know who have made the same mistake to alter the look.

Thank her from me, then. innocent.gif As a professional designer too, I think this one's clean and professional.

You're a professional designer too? Is there anything our Acid is not a professional at wink.gif
acid911
QUOTE (Danny @ Mar 22 2012, 10:11 PM) *
You flatterer you're a professional writer?

Nah man, I'm just saying as it is. wink.gif You read football writing on a billion sites, but it's something else reading a personal piece like this. And yeah, I've been writing stuff and fluff, moving words here and there for quite a while now. Too much to list, magazine articles to ebooks, and corporate bits and everything inbetween. You didn't think my English language posts are for nothing did you?!

I die a little inside every time I see a type or wrong grammar from Han. tongue.gif True story!

The last one's problem was it was black background with white text - burns the eyes, and I even recommended to other bloggers I know who have made the same mistake to alter the look.

You said it all. happy.gif It was wild, I'll give you that.

You're a professional designer too? Is there anything our Acid is not a professional at

Ah, I'm just a professional at being professional. graduated.gif Nah, there probably (or should I say definitely) are a lot of things I am unprofessional at. A lot. Still learning an awful lot in life. But as long as you learn something new every day, right? One gets good at it.

As for designing, yeah, everything from magazines to book layouts, brochures, logos, corporate stuff (again), ebooks, general graphic design to web design, a bit of video editing, and a bit of 3D. unsure.gif Maybe something I forgot to include in there too. But then again, I've been doing this since I turned 9, anyway.
Danny
QUOTE (acid911 @ Mar 22 2012, 05:24 PM) *
Nah man, I'm just saying as it is. wink.gif You read football writing on a billion sites, but it's something else reading a personal piece like this. And yeah, I've been writing stuff and fluff, moving words here and there for quite a while now. Too much to list, magazine articles to ebooks, and corporate bits and everything inbetween. You didn't think my English language posts are for nothing did you?!

I must admit they passed me by a little. I don't notice all the topics in Off Topic, sorry to say! I'll have a little look smile.gif

I die a little inside every time I see a type or wrong grammar from Han. tongue.gif True story!

I'm a total Nazi for grammar, punctuation etc. When it comes to articles, I cannot take a piece or blog seriously if it has the slightest poor grammar, any spelling errors, or the one which is a personal bug-bear (I'm using that phrase a lot these days), informal punctuation - as in 'can't' rather than 'cannot' or 'don't' rather than 'do not'. If you want your writing to be taken seriously, don't write with that sort of lazy composition. It's fine for this, a forum post, but if it's about something you wish others to take seriously, I cannot abide it. Maybe it's too academic, I dunno - but I swear by it.

Ah, I'm just a professional at being professional. graduated.gif Nah, there probably (or should I say definitely) are a lot of things I am unprofessional at. A lot. Still learning an awful lot in life. But as long as you learn something new every day, right? One gets good at it.

As for designing, yeah, everything from magazines to book layouts, brochures, logos, corporate stuff (again), ebooks, general graphic design to web design, a bit of video editing, and a bit of 3D. unsure.gif Maybe something I forgot to include in there too. But then again, I've been doing this since I turned 9, anyway.

Designing is something I'm truly appalling at. I haven't a creative bone in my body, and I don't know what is good design and what isn't - I mean, I know if something someone else has created works well, but I'm absolutely useless at doing it myself. My other half is a photographer and regularly asks me my opinion on stuff she's edited, which I can do well. But I couldn't do the editing part to save myself.
acid911
QUOTE (Danny @ Mar 22 2012, 11:21 PM) *
I must admit they passed me by a little. I don't notice all the topics in Off Topic, sorry to say! I'll have a little look

Ah, there are quite a few gems hidden away in Off Topic from years gone by. devil.gif Back in the days!

I'm a total Nazi for grammar, punctuation etc. When it comes to articles, I cannot take a piece or blog seriously if it has the slightest poor grammar, any spelling errors, or the one which is a personal bug-bear (I'm using that phrase a lot these days), informal punctuation - as in 'can't' rather than 'cannot' or 'don't' rather than 'do not'. If you want your writing to be taken seriously, don't write with that sort of lazy composition. It's fine for this, a forum post, but if it's about something you wish others to take seriously, I cannot abide it. Maybe it's too academic, I dunno - but I swear by it.

You and I, Dan, you and I. friends.gif While I almost always jest when I play a Grammar Nazi here in the forums, when it comes to formal or professional text, it just totally ruins it for me when I see bad composition or typos. I've seen sales copies, and even corporate stuff having errors left and right. Bah!

Designing is something I'm truly appalling at. I haven't a creative bone in my body, and I don't know what is good design and what isn't - I mean, I know if something someone else has created works well, but I'm absolutely useless at doing it myself. My other half is a photographer and regularly asks me my opinion on stuff she's edited, which I can do well. But I couldn't do the editing part to save myself.

No worries. smoke.gif One either has it, or doesn't. As long as you appreciate a good design, it's fine!
Danny
Acid, are we actually the same person?
Jack Sparrow
Nope. You're just made for each other. Go get married and make babies. I wanna read about the match if you don't mind. dry.gif
Danny
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 23 2012, 06:06 PM) *
Nope. You're just made for each other. Go get married and make babies.

We'll give it our best shot, boss.

I wanna read about the match if you don't mind. dry.gif

I'll write another article especially for you Jack, entitled 'Rangers Legends V Milan Glorie, All for Jack'.
acid911
QUOTE (Danny @ Mar 23 2012, 09:35 PM) *
Acid, are we actually the same person?

Not sure about that, but we do seem to have come from the same factory. biggrin.gif tongue.gif I think a lot of it has got to do with the time we grew up in, similar taste in technology, cinema, games, books, and dare I say, even values. I think the value bit comes with age, I guess, but growing up in the 80s and 90s sure did play its part.

This actually hit me a few months back, when I noticed our similarities, but I thought it too good to be true!

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 23 2012, 11:06 PM) *
Nope. You're just made for each other. Go get married and make babies. I wanna read about the match if you don't mind.

There's a match thread for this match, you know. innocent.gif Or at least I saw it a while back.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.