Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Berlusconi Back as Milan President?
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News
Rossoneri7
Silvio will resign from government when an austerity bill is passed for Italy to curb its staggering debt of EUR1.2trl - One which is greater than Greece, Spain, Portugal and Ireland combined.

Silvio lost the last confidence vote with just 302 out of 630, he has promised to step down in the coming weeks once he sees the austerity bill passed by congress.

I see this as a blessing in disguise, as now he will have more time to dedicate to Milan.
acid911
Thanks, R7. smile.gif As for Mr. B, I say it's about time. cool.gif Would be good to see him there during matches!
Jack Sparrow
Haha..he wants no part of a government if it has to be austere. biggrin.gif laugh.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 9 2011, 10:44 AM) *
Haha..he wants no part of a government if it has to be austere. biggrin.gif laugh.gif

It's the least he can do after sinking the country in such a huge debt.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 9 2011, 01:26 PM) *
It's the least he can do after sinking the country in such a huge debt.

Forget about a country, if Italy goes down, the entire EU block will go down with them...
Dracoris
Haha, all my stock investments went up by 5% when he announced this.
acid911

I thought I knew quite a bit about Italy as a whole, but I still haven't figured it out why he was elected. sleep.gif Or how?!
MizNelson
Berlusconi is shamefully resigning after years of embarrassment in helming a country that is teetering on the brink of utter financial ruin, yet Milan fans seem only concerned with how he'll supposedly be devoting more of his time and money to the team. Lovely sentiment.
acid911
Well, theoretically speaking, it was the fault of the guys who elected the man. smile.gif I think once or twice was enough, thinking he'll produce a miracle third time (in this financial crisis) was totally irrational of the people back in Italy. Like I said, I don't know what they were thinking, and I'm still surprised he became PM a few years back.

But as a fan of the club, let's get Mr. B doing what he does best. Or does he? unsure.gif Sure he foots the bill, but I've always maintained that the guy is pure trouble the way he butts in his opinion and tactics. Let the professionals do it in the government, and the man with deep pockets sit and watch a few matches of the club he owns.
X-Offender
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Nov 11 2011, 09:44 PM) *
Berlusconi is shamefully resigning after years of embarrassment in helming a country that is teetering on the brink of utter financial ruin, yet Milan fans seem only concerned with how he'll supposedly be devoting more of his time and money to the team. Lovely sentiment.

MizNelson
Gee, how original. dry.gif I was surfing a thread at R&B a few days ago that brought up the same subject discussed here, and soon people were chatting about who he should pursue in the free-agent market.
Danny
Ok, serious question - will his political actions and resignation from Parliament mean anything regarding his presidency of the club?
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Danny @ Nov 13 2011, 05:11 PM) *
Ok, serious question - will his political actions and resignation from Parliament mean anything regarding his presidency of the club?

Ofcourse it will, one of the key elements of his bill was for privatization of government owned facilities; something which will result in Milan purchasing the San Siro (not sure how inter will figure into this).

Moreover, his hands on approach on things is very much missed (for those who remember). More so now, as he is retired and has the capability to remedy all of Milan's problems.
Fillipo Simone
To be honest, the Italian problem is much bigger then Berlusconi. He cannot be held as the sole responsible person for this disaster. Even less the people who have voted for him. I can't understand how people don't get that this problem hit most of the countries historically backward in economic problems, and that leadership simply wasn't prepared for the task that appeared.

As for Milan and Berlusconi...I think it's viable to discuss Silvio's return to Milan. After all, this is a Milan forum where we mostly discuss Milan stuff. This moralization is really unnecessary.

X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 14 2011, 12:04 PM) *
As for Milan and Berlusconi...I think it's viable to discuss Silvio's return to Milan. After all, this is a Milan forum where we mostly discuss Milan stuff. This moralization is really unnecessary.

Amen. sleep.gif
Danny
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 13 2011, 10:19 PM) *
Ofcourse it will, one of the key elements of his bill was for privatization of government owned facilities; something which will result in Milan purchasing the San Siro (not sure how inter will figure into this).

Moreover, his hands on approach on things is very much missed (for those who remember). More so now, as he is retired and has the capability to remedy all of Milan's problems.

You assume he wants to?

Maybe he's lost interest now?
Rossoneri7
Highly unlikely ... The assumption that 'this team gave him this much popularity'. It's his prestige if you will, he has built many successful firms, and Milan is just as dear to him.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 14 2011, 02:34 PM) *

Took them words out of my mouth. +1
Bluesummers
Finally! Now we can finally sign players biggrin.gif
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Nov 17 2011, 03:50 PM) *
Finally! Now we can finally sign players biggrin.gif

hahaha i was waiting to see who would bypass the economical doomsday implications of Italy's possible defaulting to bring this up tongue.gif
acid911
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Nov 19 2011, 07:48 AM) *
hahaha i was waiting to see who would bypass the economical doomsday implications of Italy's possible defaulting to bring this up

laugh.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif Only Blue!
Bluesummers
biggrin.gif
acid911
Well, out of the recent fans, Blue is one of the most passionate ones I've seen. cool.gif No surprises there, really! I mean, if I remember correctly the 2007 CL win and last year's Scudetto is the first one for him. And the greedy devil inside him wants more. For fans who've seen a lot more moons, they are usually (a bit) sober.
X-Offender
Berlusconi: "I'll get back as Milan president very soon"

Link

smile.gif
acid911
Welcome back, Mr. B. cool.gif
Bluesummers
About time, wow for the last 5 years we've had to depend on ourselves without berlusconi. I gotta say its been a hard 5 years without him cry.gif
Jack Bauer
Official!
X-Offender
king.gif
acid911
Welcome back, Mr. B. cool.gif
Danny
Babs has been attending matches recently as well. And Pato's not even been playing.

I have to say she doesn't look all that pregnant.
il_diavolo_mtl
Milan boss Massimiliano Allegri – on the eve of the game against Catania – insists there is no breakdown in his relationship with Silvio Berlusconi.

The club President was reportedly left disappointed with the team’s performance in the 0-0 draw with Barcelona in midweek.

Allegri, however, has insisted that he has talked with the former Italian Prime Minister since and there are no issues to resolve.

“We spoke yesterday, as we often have during these two years,” Allegri said at his Press conference on Friday.

I explain the reasons why we play in a certain way and he gives me his thoughts on the team.

“From what he told me, he was happy with the performance. I speak to the President on a weekly basis and he is content with our progress in the championship and the Champions League.”

The Diavolo are currently top of the table, but Juventus have underlined their title hopes with impressive wins over Fiorentina and Inter.

“I’m not thinking about Juventus,” the former Cagliari man continued. “We have four points more and we’ll fight until the end.

“It all depends on us. If Juve haven’t lost this term then it means that they have the quality to win the League. Now it’s just crucial that we stay ahead of them.”

Milan will play Barcelona in the return leg next week, but the Coach is adamant that his side are just focused on Catania.

“To be defensive is not in Catania’s character. They have 42 points and do great things thanks to their Coach.

“They are a very technical side, especially in midfield which combines running with quality. They are quick in attack and solid at the back. It will be tough for us tomorrow.

“We’re in good physical shape and I’ll have a few fresh players tomorrow coming back from injury, like Ignazio Abate.

“This is a particular time of the season, but tomorrow we can only think of Catania. We’ll think about Barcelona from Sunday onwards.”

Allegri has named a 21-man squad, but he’s not taken any risks with Alessandro Nesta and Clarence Seedorf.

“Nesta and Seedorf have just returned from injury and they need to carry out specific training,” he said when asked why the pair have been omitted.

“Mark Van Bommel? He has been out for 15 days with a back problem. We’ll have to wait and see if he is available against Barca.

“Alexandre Pato will be back on Sunday from America. His condition is good, if not excellent. We’ll see if he can be available for the next few matches.”

This does clarify the relationship Big Al and Berlu share. I lolled at the bold part
kurtsimonw
I imagine explanation went something along the lines of "Look at last years table. Look at this years table. Enough said".
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 30 2012, 12:44 PM) *
I imagine explanation went something along the lines of "Look at last years table. Look at this years table. Enough said".

+1

tongue.gif
Danny
Watching a stream and the pundits are tearing into Berlu saying his interference is ludicrous.

They used a quote from Babs saying her father had just being making comments about the tactics. And the pundits pointed out Milan are solidly on top of the league, and just earned an excellent 0-0 V Barca.

If this isn't enough for Berlu, what more can Allegri do?

I could see their point.

For me, our tactics were spot on against Barca, and the individual performances were outstanding too.
Rossoneri7
I think a lot of confusion with regards to this ... Berlusconi is a controversial figure in Italian politics as we all know ... And all I read was that he was disappointed with the dominance of Barcelona - However, that was further translated into Berlusconi demanding questions from Allegri.

I believe Silvio is very satisfied with Allegri considering the 2nd star is on the way and we have just a handful of games left. While in the CL we are in the quarters and have done remarkably well against previous seasons ...

Media in Italy like to take these issues out of context and create something out of it; in our case Silvio demanding answers from Allegri innocent.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 1 2012, 04:27 PM) *
I believe Silvio is very satisfied with Allegri considering the 2nd star is on the way and we have just a handful of games left.

You do know that we're 2 Scudetti away from the second star, right?
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Apr 2 2012, 02:01 PM) *
You do know that we're 2 Scudetti away from the second star, right?

Yup ... If we close off this season with the Scudetto, the 2nd star is ultimately ours the next. As that would be an obvious target, is what i meant i guess dry.gif
Yousef AR
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 14 2011, 03:56 PM) *
Amen. sleep.gif

Mr. B promised big transfers next summer coming to the team with him. Let's hope that's true smile.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (Yousef AR @ Apr 4 2012, 10:56 PM) *
Mr. B promised big transfers next summer coming to the team with him. Let's hope that's true smile.gif

Especially if he wants us to emulate (to an extent) Barça's game and dominance. We couldn't possible imagine to do it with our current team.
Yousef AR
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 4 2012, 11:05 PM) *
Especially if he wants us to emulate (to an extent) Barça's game and dominance. We couldn't possible imagine to do it with our current team.

I agree, fresh world class players is what we need!
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Yousef AR @ Apr 4 2012, 07:14 PM) *
I agree, fresh world class players is what we need!

I also agree, but to add to that, we also need money! laugh.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Yousef AR @ Apr 4 2012, 10:56 PM) *

He really said that?
han2503
Doesn't Berlu always promise something big in the transfer window? And usually unless Galliani can pull an Ibra out of his @ss we usually end up with rejects and freebies.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 5 2012, 05:43 PM) *
Doesn't Berlu always promise something big in the transfer window? And usually unless Galliani can pull an Ibra out of his @ss we usually end up with rejects and freebies.

Aye. Hopefully things will be a bit different now that he's back as president.
Fillipo Simone
I think they will. Berlusconi hasn't made that promise for 2 years if I'm not wrong.
acid911
That, and him coming and seeing matches live will help. wink.gif The old man will open the wallet once he sees how we play, where we lack, and what we need. At least, I hope so. Very hope so!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.