Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pier Silvio Berlusconi: AC Milan want to win the Champions League
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > News Dump
anano1214
Those with strong links to the Milanese side would rather see the European Cup return to San Siro as it takes precedence over the league, says the Italian Prime Minister's son

AC Milan will be jockeying for the Champions League next season, insists Pier Silvio Berlusconi, son of club president Silvio.

The Italian champions are eager to lift the European trophy having not won it since 2007, when they beat Liverpool in Athens.

Asked whether he would prefer a second star on the club's jersey - earned if they win 20 Scudetti - Berlusconi Junior said he would rather see the Champions League return to Milanello.

"I prefer the Champions League, it would be better than a second star [on the shirt]," he told Sportmediaset.

CEO Adriano Galliani deals with the transfer market as his side look to bolster their squad ahead of further European action next term.

But Galliani has said Real Madrid's Kaka and Napoli's Marek Hamsik will not arrive this summer.

And Pier Silvio reiterated that stance.

"I don't know about Hamsik. Milan are balanced. We need a good player, but I don't think Kaka will return."

Milan won Serie A title number 18 last season, their first Serie A succes since 2004.

A star is added to a Serie A club shirt if they win 10 titles, meaning Massimiliano Allegri's side need two more Scudetti to earn a second star.

Juventus, who have won more than 20 league championships, already have two stars on their jerseys.

Goal.com/en
acid911
QUOTE (brawsky @ Sep 29 2011, 01:17 PM) *
It's great.

You bet your creepy behind, it's great. dry.gif Sometimes I wish I were a wizard. I'd zap all the spammers!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.