Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [EN] Premier League 2011-12
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38
Milan Are Brilliant
Former EPL Champions
92/93 Manchester United
93/94 Manchester United
94/95 Blackburn Rovers
95/96 Manchester United
96/97 Manchester United
97/98 Arsenal
98/99 Manchester United
99/00 Manchester United
00/01 Manchester United
01/02 Arsenal
02/03 Manchester United
03/04 Arsenal
04/05 Chelsea
05/06 Chelsea
06/07 Manchester United
07/08 Manchester United
08/09 Manchester United
09/10 Chelsea
10/11 Manchester United

Holders
Premier League: Manchester United
FA Cup: Manchester City
League Cup: Birmingham City
Charity Shield: Manchester United

European Entries

Champions League
Manchester United
Chelsea
Manchester City
Arsenal

Europa League
Tottenham Hotspur
Birmingham City
Stoke City
Fulham

Promoted from Championship:
Norwich City
Queens Park Rangers
Swansea City

EPL 2011/12 team list
Arsenal, Aston Villa, Blackburn Rovers, Bolton Wanderers, Chelsea, Everton, Fulham, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Newcastle United, Norwich City, Queens Park Rangers, Stoke City, Sunderland, Swansea City, Tottenham Hotspur, West Bromwich Albion, Wigan Athletic, Wolverhampton Wanderers.
Thanks for that layout Kurt!

Premiership: Chelsea (Fillipo, Kurt), Manchester United (Acid, MAB, LaPalma).
FA Cup: Arsenal (MAB), Chelsea (Acid), Liverpool (Fillipo, LaPalma), Manchester United (Kurt).
League Cup: Aston Villa (Fillipo), Liverpool (MAB), Manchester City (Acid, Kurt).

Relegation: Blackburn Rovers (MAB), Norwich City (Acid, MAB), Swansea City (Fillipo, Kurt), West Bromwich Albion (Fillipo), Wigan Athletic (Acid, Kurt, MAB) Wolverhampton Wanderers (Acid, Fillipo, Kurt).

-------------------------------------------

Put my neck out and say United for the league, Liverpool for the League Cup, Arsenal for the FA Cup.

Teams to go down: Wigan, Norwich, Blackburn.

Now that none of those are now going to happen, what are yours?
Fillipo Simone
I'd say Chelski for the league, Liverpool FA Cup and Villa League Cup.

Teams to go down: Swansea, WBA, Wolverhampton
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 17 2011, 10:48 AM) *
I'd say Chelski for the league, Liverpool FA Cup and Villa League Cup.

Kurt will love you for a while I think!

Something just tells me that Arsenal are going to win a trophy this year, with or without Cesc.
kurtsimonw
League: Chelsea
FA Cup: United
League Cup: Man City

Relgated: Wolves, Wigan, Swansea

Promoted: West Ham, Forest, Reading

==============================================

Shame the season has got off in such a bad way. We might be playing Blues again next season, in the Championship.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 17 2011, 04:27 PM) *
Shame the season has got off in such a bad way. We might be playing Blues again next season, in the Championship.

Things will be all good you will get your star man in Zigic rolleyes.gif
acid911
You guys honestly believe Chelsea are going to take the league? ohmy.gif With the team they have now? Unless they bring new faces in and let go of a few of the the old ones, I am afraid 2nd or 3rd place it will be. Sure United did play at a very low level and still won this year, but there were moments when the team in blue were simply atrocious.

League: Manchester United
FA Cup: Chelsea
League Cup: Manchester City
Relegation: Wolves, Wigan, Norwich
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (acid911 @ Jun 17 2011, 04:34 PM) *
You guys honestly believe Chelsea are going to take the league? ohmy.gif With the team they have now? Unless they bring new faces in and let go of a few of the the old ones, I am afraid 2nd or 3rd place it will be. Sure United did play at a very low level and still won this year, but there were moments when the team in blue were simply atrocious.

I've gone for United in the league too, just hope De Gea is upto the task, big shoes to fill for someone so young. Still, there's a lot of transfer space left, but surely Roman won't spend too much this summer after January?
acid911
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Jun 17 2011, 08:37 PM) *
Still, there's a lot of transfer space left, but surely Roman won't spend too much this summer after January?

Yeah, my point exactly. innocent.gif Their squad is stale at the moment, and even if Roman opens up the pocketbook in the next couple of months, they will need to get rid of some of their current players to attain a balance. And even though I won't mind a new winner this season, frankly in the current state, City has more chance than Chelsea.

This season was the breakthrough season for Manchester City, I feel, they can make a mark if things go well now.
kurtsimonw
Chelsea weren't that far off last season. Considering they had a terrible month where they couldn't buy a win and had Drogba and lampard out for alot of the season. They also had Torres playing awful (surely he'll be better next season), so I can't see all these things going badly for them next year. United just don't have that good a team, in my opinion. CMs are a joke.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 17 2011, 06:26 PM) *
Chelsea weren't that far off last season. Considering they had a terrible month where they couldn't buy a win and had Drogba and lampard out for alot of the season. They also had Torres playing awful (surely he'll be better next season), so I can't see all these things going badly for them next year. United just don't have that good a team, in my opinion. CMs are a joke.

+1

kurtsimonw
Villa linked with James McFadden and Charlie Adam today. sad.gif

Barry Bannan is the only Scot I want in the side, can not think of one other who is good enough aside from probably Hutton. £9m for Adam apparently too! No doubt McLeish will bring in his lover Barry Ferguson to replace The Captain as well.

Sad days indeed.
Danny
You do realise how good Barry Ferguson is, right?
kurtsimonw
He really isn't that great. If we're going to take on an overrated midfielder that's just been relegated, I'd take Hitzlsperger. Relegated 33 year olds should not be our priority though.

The death threats McLeish has received from fans of both sides of the City are embarassing though, it's football FFS.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 18 2011, 12:46 PM) *
Villa linked with James McFadden and Charlie Adam today. sad.gif

Oh dear, two players I really don't rate. Unless Adam goes for fairly cheap and not some ridiculous fee.

I used to rate Ferguson when he was at Rovers but nowadays he just seems a tad slower, at everything, age I guess.

Is Ash still going to United? I really hope he does. If Fergie gets hold of him we could potentially have a proper class winger for the first time in years in our NT.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Jun 18 2011, 01:51 PM) *
Is Ash still going to United? I really hope he does. If Fergie gets hold of him we could potentially have a proper class winger for the first time in years in our NT.

Fergie won't do much with him now.

John Robertson is the man to thank.

Supposedly Modric wants to go to Chelsea but Spurs say they won't sell him at any price.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 18 2011, 01:58 PM) *
Fergie won't do much with him now.

John Robertson is the man to thank.

To be honest I'd thank the guys at Watford more! But your staff and MON have to be congratulated for taking the plunge. Remember the stories all this money on a player from Watford, an Aidy Boothroyd Watford who just play the ugliest football imaginable.

He's 25 right? Hardly too late.

Apparently he's going there for £20 million.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Jun 18 2011, 02:02 PM) *
To be honest I'd thank the guys at Watford more! But your staff and MON have to be congratulated for taking the plunge. Remember the stories all this money on a player from Watford, an Aidy Boothroyd Watford who just play the ugliest football imaginable.

He's 25 right? Hardly too late.

Apparently he's going there for £20 million.

I remember one away game we played, think it was Reading, where he was awful. One of his first games at the club and they were chanting "How much did you pay for that?" Top class player and he's been very professional about the whole thing. Not once has he ever mentioned leaving the club. We know it's happened, but at least he hasn't gone of running to the papers about it.

£20m is a good peice of change for somebody with only 12 months on his contract.
Danny
Is it just me or is the English game threatening to implode?

Ordinary players being sold for a 'casual' £20M, which once upon a time not that long ago was a revolting amount for the likes of Wayne Rooney, who really is world class.

And then you have 'Arry coming out and insulting money by saying £22M is a ridiculous bid for Modric.

I get his point, that is Jones goes for £20 odd million to Utd, a player of Modric's undoubted class is worth a hell of a lot more. But the way he put it, it's as if there isn't a global economic crisis and money grows on trees.

Incredible.
Milan Are Brilliant
I half get the feeling this post was just made to get a reaction. But I'd struggle to think of a better winger consistently in the league in the past few years, bearing in mind he's not at a top, top side (sorry Kurt). He'd be in the England side every time if he was at one of the top 4 no doubt.

I'd agree with the Jones/Henderson fees being ridiculous, but to say Young is just an ordinary player just makes you seem slightly less knowledgeable about the EPL. Just because he's not in a top, top side doesn't mean he's ordinary/useless. I think a fee of £20m is roughly right, seeing as some of the foreign imports who come for crazy figures and hardly set the world alight either.
Danny
I...didn't make a single mention of Ashley Young in my entire post, at no point was I even vaguely referring to him!

He's one I'd agree is worth a few quid more.

Did you misread what I said?
kurtsimonw
Just a mis-understanding between you's I think. You just happened to mention overpriced £20m players when I'd mentioned Young leaving for £20m!

The best part is we don't even need to spend money to replace him. Downing and Albrighton out wide is more than enough to be a top half EPL side.
Danny
Ah, I didn't spot the previous post. Nah, mine was stand alone entirely. I was mainly referring to Jones/Henderson. A worrying trend for decent but not exactly eye-popping players. And that's the way the English game seems to be going.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 18 2011, 08:01 PM) *
Ah, I didn't spot the previous post. Nah, mine was stand alone entirely. I was mainly referring to Jones/Henderson. A worrying trend for decent but not exactly eye-popping players. And that's the way the English game seems to be going.

Oh, I thought you were directly responding to the discussion above and as you mentioned the figure of £20m that's why I put two and two together. But yeah as I said I agree about the Jones/Henderson deals being well, well overpriced, even if they turn out good, they are overpriced currently by over double.
Kazdoodle
Well wait. isnt there a english players rule or something coming in. that well will kinda drive the prices of young promising youth players up a lot. a rule which some clubs will capitalize on and such

depends if the rule or somethings coming in
kurtsimonw
The home grown rule isn't really going to change much I don't think. Players just have to have played 3 years in England prior to their 21st birthday, but technically speaking players like Fabregas are home grown. And you only need a few in the squad anyways.
kurtsimonw
McLeish going to be given £40m according to The Mirror. blink.gif
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 19 2011, 03:46 AM) *

It will be the first time he's been given a big budget in his career.

tbf to him the last time I remember him being given major money (£8M) was when Rangers sold Boumsong to Newcastle and we bought in players who basically won us the league.

So when he has money he tends to buy well.

When he doesn't have money, his bosmans are utter gash. We signed Olivier Bernard ffs.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 19 2011, 03:46 AM) *

I'm sure you'd get Zigic with that...
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 19 2011, 02:25 PM) *
It will be the first time he's been given a big budget in his career.

tbf to him the last time I remember him being given major money (£8M) was when Rangers sold Boumsong to Newcastle and we bought in players who basically won us the league.

So when he has money he tends to buy well.

When he doesn't have money, his bosmans are utter gash. We signed Olivier Bernard ffs.

I'm not liking the names being thrown around at the moment. Charlie Adam, Wes Brown, James McFadden. Though I imagine alot of the Scottish players are just lazy links because he's a Scottish manager.

QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Jun 19 2011, 02:26 PM) *
I'm sure you'd get Zigic with that...

It still makes me laugh. The thought of Birmingham and their sub-20k attendances whilst paying someone £50k a week in the Championship. laugh.gif
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 19 2011, 02:33 PM) *
I'm not liking the names being thrown around at the moment. Charlie Adam, Wes Brown, James McFadden. Though I imagine alot of the Scottish players are just lazy links because he's a Scottish manager.

Adam - you know my feelings on him.

Brown - once upon a time had a glorious future ahead of him, but deteriorated and is now a mediocre defender.

Faddy - inconsistent Roy of the Rovers type who can be really good at times but more often totally greedy and useless.
Danny
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/...86908-23213782/

To sum up, according to this, Eck may let Carlos go, but only if McGregor is part of the deal.

I am starting to hate Eck.
Danny
Also Villa Boas is in line for the Chelsea job. Wonder how Kazdoodle feels about that.

I was certain they wanted Hiddink.
Milan Are Brilliant
I bet they'd have rather had Ancelotti now, I mean the majority of fans.
Kazdoodle
QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 20 2011, 01:26 PM) *
Also Villa Boas is in line for the Chelsea job. Wonder how Kazdoodle feels about that.

I was certain they wanted Hiddink.

Well chelsea Tv has changed their best of poyet slot to TBA so this could be a announcement we got villas boas. i know he has a rather extraordinary record and a few trophies. but i would have liked to have seen more of him at porto to see if his steel is consistent. But im rather open about it. and hoping for the best. And now would be the best time to get a damn manager in so as we can get on with bringing improvements in rather than letting **** ensen steal more of our youth players. maybe he will bring some other from porto like falcao mouthinho and Hulk which well wouldnt mind.

And yes i would have to have liked to have seen ancelotti stayed in. the players let this good person down with some rather horrible performances (Last game of the season vs everton)

apparently compensation is 13 million so well thats pretty pricey for a manager but if he does what he did with porto i dont care. but fearing that if we dont win this cl hes put simply.......out

*idiotic kaz is being idiotic*
kurtsimonw
Mistake from Boas, in my opinion. He's just going to be compared to Jose even more now and that's something he's never going to win.

McLeish as boss is really starting to sink in now, after his press conference.

kurtsimonw
McCleish/McCoist friendship to be tested

The reaction on the forum I use is basically Davis isn't good enough, Cuellar had better not leave and indifferent on Mcgregor. So if none of the 3 happened, the Villa fans would be happy.

McLeish added: 'I'm barely in the door here, so I'll need time to assess all sorts of things. One certainty is that Gordon Cowans, a real Aston Villa legend, will remain as a first-team coach.'

These are the sort of comments/decision we want more of if you're to win us over!
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 21 2011, 06:20 AM) *
McCleish/McCoist friendship to be tested

The reaction on the forum I use is basically Davis isn't good enough, Cuellar had better not leave and indifferent on Mcgregor. So if none of the 3 happened, the Villa fans would be happy.

I'm very glad if you think Shagger and Davis aren't good enough. I just hope Eck feels the same, though I hear he may also be interested in Foster.

As for Cuellar, we very much still want him, but given how much you lot seem to rate him, I'd be surprised if we get him back - despite him saying he wants to return.
kurtsimonw
People here rate McGregor, we'd just rather keep Cuellar than have him. Davis just isn't good enough. I imagine Carlos will change his tune with regular football, he barely played last season.

McCleish says he'd be more than happy to meet face-to-face with those fans against him to see what the problem is. His style of football seems to be one concern, but maybe with a more talented squad than what he had with the southern half of the City, he'll be better.
Kazdoodle
Heard Andre Villas Boas has left his job at porto. Possibly with him becoming our boss now seems to be higher. But now porto fans hate the hel out of us.

So what they have became a bit of our feeder club now so um :/

Just thank god this is nearing its end the fricking manager saga for us has just been tiring as heck
Milan Are Brilliant
I haven't watched the news but as Kurt said he's just going to be talked alongside Jose, no doubt there have been tons of statistics comparing them already.
kurtsimonw
Apparently Sir Bobby Robson found this guy when he was 16 and made him a coach at Porto or something. blink.gif
dst
maybe he aspires to overcome Mourinho's job at Chelsea by winning the league and the CL. but still... he's going to work for Abramovic... and that's not very pleasant, I'm sure.

he's not going to do it anyway... I dare say that the following 2-3 seasons, it's going to be either RM or Barcelona winning the CL if they can keep their current coaches.
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 21 2011, 05:11 PM) *
People here rate McGregor, we'd just rather keep Cuellar than have him. Davis just isn't good enough. I imagine Carlos will change his tune with regular football, he barely played last season.

Well as you know he's out injured at the moment, so any deal will be during that. There may be no tune to change seeing as he's not due back till August.

As for Davis, I'm delighted you and your fellow fans think he isn't good enough. Hope Eck shares your feelings.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 21 2011, 09:08 PM) *
Well as you know he's out injured at the moment, so any deal will be during that. There may be no tune to change seeing as he's not due back till August.

What I meant is that if he's promised he's our #1 CB, I don't imagine he'll be leaving.

QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 21 2011, 09:08 PM) *
As for Davis, I'm delighted you and your fellow fans think he isn't good enough. Hope Eck shares your feelings.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt (I actually did have him on my away shirt one season!).

Chelsea have confirmed that they've met the Villas'Boas release clause value and hope to reach an agreement on personal terms (chelseafc.com)
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 21 2011, 09:16 PM) *
What I meant is that if he's promised he's our #1 CB, I don't imagine he'll be leaving.

Well our owner confirmed a bid is in, but with your managerial change, things have slowed on that front.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt (I actually did have him on my away shirt one season!).

YPOTY for you iirc.
X-Offender
So, Villas Boas is officially the new coach of Chelsea. Great signing.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 22 2011, 08:55 AM) *
So, Villas Boas is officially the new coach of Chelsea. Great signing.

Glad he snubbed inter smile.gif
kurtsimonw
Special One Mk.2
Danny
Young set to join Utd for 17M say the BBC.
kurtsimonw
Good deal for both teams really. They've got the best winger in the country for £17m and we've got £17m for a player who only has 1 year left on his contract. Don't think many Villa fans will be annoyed with this. Obviously we'd rather he stayed, but he's been fantastic for us and should have been playing for a top side ages ago.

Houghton named new manager of Birmingham. Of all the favourites, he's the worst, so I'm pleased with that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.