Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tassotti: 'Mexes is no Saint...'
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > News Dump
Milan Are Brilliant
Tassotti: 'Mexes is no Saint...'
(Thu 26th May)

Milan assistant manager Mauro Tassotti is not concerned by Philippe Mexes’ reputation. “Nobody’s a Saint in football...”

The defender has made a free transfer from Roma to San Siro, but is known for his poor disciplinary record on the field.

“Do we need to file down some of his irritability and ‘slip-ups’? I believe these things have always been in football and we had to deal with some of them this season too.

“Clearly, it’s better if they don’t happen, but nobody’s a Saint in football,”
noted Tassotti on Sky Sport Italia.

“It’s a shame Mexes picked up a serious injury just before joining us, but we will wait for him.”

Tassotti was one of the defensive rocks of Il Grande Milan and now acts as assistant manager to Massimiliano Allegri.

“The defence did a great job this season and we conceded far fewer goals than the next side in the list. The whole team contributed and their work ethic lent a hand to the defence.”

Source
Jack Sparrow
That's two Mexes topics you've opened M_I_B. Do I detect a mancrush? wink.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 26 2011, 10:14 AM) *
That's two Mexes topics you've opened M_I_B. Do I detect a mancrush? wink.gif

Nah, I'm still in love with everything anti-Barca for this week.
Danny
As someone who dislikes Roma and never followed them, I don't really know how good or bad Mexes is. To me he's a well known Frenchman who is probably quite good but I don't know for sure.

Anyone on here know a bit better?
acid911
Well, he is the third favorite player of one of my friend who is a Roma fan. smile.gif The other two being "King" Totti and "Prince" De Rossi. So that's got to count for something. Personally for me, he is one of those decent players, with the right amount of league experience, who we can count on when either of our first choice CBs need time off.

As for his talents, I always thought of him as a talented hot head. Meaning, the guy is a bear of very little brain. As in Pooh Bear. Or in other words, a bit like our very own Flamini. Yeah, that would be a it, the Flamini of defense.
Danny
QUOTE (acid911 @ May 26 2011, 06:43 PM) *
Well, he is the third favorite player of one of my friend who is a Roma fan. smile.gif The other two being "King" Totti and "Prince" De Rossi. So that's got to count for something. Personally for me, he is one of those decent players, with the right amount of league experience, who we can count on when either of our first choice CBs need time off.

As for his talents, I always thought of him as a talented hot head. Meaning, the guy is a bear of very little brain. As in Pooh Bear. Or in other words, a bit like our very own Flamini. Yeah, that would be a it, the Flamini of defense.

Ta smile.gif

So a good squad player, or indeed an above average squad player.
acid911
QUOTE (Danny @ May 27 2011, 06:17 PM) *
So a good squad player, or indeed an above average squad player.

Yup, that's the way to put it. biggrin.gif Not a bad signing at all, in fact, all things considered great snap. If we had to pay for him, I'd have other thoughts, but on free, at this age, and with this experience, he is perfect.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.