Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Max - Jose is pathetic and insecure.
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > News Dump
Danny
AC Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri has hit out at Jose Mourinho, labelling the Real Madrid boss "pathetic" and "insecure".

Allegri, who has just led Milan to their first Serie A title in seven years, came up against Mourinho in the group stages of this season's Champions League - with Real beating the Rossoneri at home and drawing at the San Siro.

And when quizzed on his rival coaches on television show Le Iene, Allegri was quick to stick the boot into the Portuguese boss, who won two Scudetti, the Coppa Italia and the Champions League with Milan's city rivals Inter.

"Every now and then he is pathetic," Allegri said, when asked about Mourinho. "He continuously repeats the same things and it becomes banal. I think he is very talented but his arrogance hides insecurity."

Mourinho is a figure who undoubtedly polarises opinion, no more so than after his recent outburst against Barcelona in the aftermath of Real's Champions League semi-final first-leg defeat to the Catalans.

He was given a five-match ban by UEFA for claiming that Barca received favourable treatment but was widely criticised for his claims, with former Real boss Guus Hiddink insisting earlier this month that he should apologise for his actions.

Not seen this posted elsewhere.

imo Allegri should keep unprofessional comments like this to himself. Whether he is right or wrong is irrelevant - it's not a manager's place to slate another one like this.
Jack Bauer
This wasn't supposed to be serious. He did some comedy show and said all bunch of things about all the famous Italian coaches too (for example called Spalletti bald and so on).
kurtsimonw
Yeah it wasn't meant to be serious. Media taking things out of context shocker.
Bluesummers

Primeira Liga Manager of the Year (2): 2002–03, 2003–04
Premier League Manager of the Year (2): 2004–05, 2005–06
Premier League Manager of the Month (3): November 2004, January 2005, March 2007
Serie A Manager of the Year (2): 2009, 2010
Albo Panchina d'Oro Coach of the Year (1): 2010–2011
UEFA Manager of the Year (2): 2002–03, 2003–04
UEFA Team of the Year Coach of the Year (4): 2003, 2004, 2005, 2010
BBC Sports Personality of the Year Coach Award (1): 2005
La Gazzetta dello Sport Man of the Year (1): 2010 [78]
Onze d'Or Best Coach (1): 2005
FIFA Ballon d'Or Best Coach (1): 2010
IFFHS World's Best Club Coach of the Year (3): 2004, 2005, 2010
World Soccer Magazine World Manager of the Year (3): 2004, 2005, 2010
International Sports Press Association Best Manager in the World (1): 2010 [79]
CNID Best Portuguese Manager in Foreign Countries (2): 2008–09, 2009–1
Zed.D
Last I checked Max didn't say "Mourinho is trophy-less". he said Mou repeats himself all the time (damn right) and hides his insecurity (damn right). also acknowledged Mou's talent. no need to post his achievements for us.
kurtsimonw
He does repeat stuff, but I don't think Mourinho is at all insecure. Nor does he have any reason to be.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 25 2011, 02:05 PM) *
Yeah it wasn't meant to be serious. Media taking things out of context shocker.

+1
Zed.D
He has a reason to be insecure, that's what makes him successful. I mean he makes himself out to be someone he necessarily is not (arrogant ****, always b1tching, always stirring controversy etc. etc.). and he gets emotional and cries when Sneijder says he was the best coach he'd ever had... these are not the same persons. that's insecurity. if he weren't, he'd be like someone like Lippi. a confident gentleman who doesn't need playacting.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 25 2011, 10:22 PM) *
Last I checked Max didn't say "Mourinho is trophy-less". he said Mou repeats himself all the time (damn right) and hides his insecurity (damn right). also acknowledged Mou's talent. no need to post his achievements for us.

+10000
Bluesummers
acid911
biggrin.gif Same old, same old.
Bluesummers
In my first press conference, i swear i'm gonna give a tribute to this man. He has changed the game forever. Such an iconic figure in football.

IF I can have even a quarter of his success i've done myself good.
Jack Bauer
: 2000 - eternity.

It's not nice, Blue, to forget his greatest accomplishment.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ May 26 2011, 12:50 AM) *

X-Offender
QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 25 2011, 10:22 PM) *

Pretty much wraps-up the entire argument, puts Blue into pyjamas and ends the discussion. +1
X-Offender
By the way, I saw the interview two hours ago when it was broadcasted on Le Iene (Italia 1) and Allegri was really funny in it. smile.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
The only way a piece of random news could get this much attention on here is if it involves the words Mourinho or CR7 is the best in the world. laugh.gif
Jack Sparrow
You think?? Try 'Paolo Maldini is overrated!' smile.gif Would be like slitting your wrists in a pool full of sharks....and one overweight hairy flexi-sexual Greek blue whale smile.gif wink.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 26 2011, 10:20 AM) *
You think?? Try Paolo Maldini is overrated! smile.gif

Not even the media are that dumb.
Jack Sparrow
I wouldn't put it past Harry Redknapp you know. Or one of those two blokes who do commentary for Sky sometimes. Colin something?? The think black dude....who jerks off perenially to Iniesta.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 26 2011, 10:25 AM) *
I wouldn't put it past Harry Redknapp you know. Or one of those two blokes who do commentary for Sky sometimes. Colin something?? The think black dude....who jerks off perenially to Iniesta.

You are Kurt in disguise!

Colin? Don't know who you mean. They all do, but it gets worse with Messi, a million times worse, well Saturday will be fun...
Jack Sparrow
Sorry. It was Carlton Palmer. Not Colin.
kurtsimonw
Carlton Palmer..
Danny
This isn't the first time ESPN has outright lied about a story.
acid911
Yeah, Carlton Palmer is the guy who is the guest in Ten Sports live pre-game shows. wink.gif Weird guy all round, but some of his predictions in terms of score/results do come very much true. Also is a known Barca peep.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (acid911 @ May 26 2011, 12:50 PM) *
Yeah, Carlton Palmer is the guy who is the guest in Ten Sports live pre-game shows. wink.gif Weird guy all round, but some of his predictions in terms of score/results do come very much true. Also is a known Barca peep.

I can't even remember seeing him I thought it might have been him on ESPN but that's Hislop. I can't remember any other shows with him on over here.
acid911
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ May 26 2011, 04:51 PM) *
I can't even remember seeing him I thought it might have been him on ESPN but that's Hislop. I can't remember any other shows with him on over here.

Oh okay. smile.gif Ten Sports is just in the Asia and Middle East region though. Joe Morrison is the host, while Carlton Palmer, and John Burridge (nicknamed Budgie) are the two usual guys who are in the studio with him. Countdown 2 Kickoff (C2K) is the program, can't wait for Saturday and their harping and hyping up Barca and United, and so on and so forth.
acid911
And those who don't know about Budge, he is as football journeyman as they come. laugh.gif Wikipedia says:

John Burridge (born 3 December 1951 in Workington, Cumberland) is an English former football goalkeeper who played for 29 different clubs in a career that lasted nearly 30 years. Overall, Burridge played 771 league games in the English and Scottish leagues, and several more at non-league level. Burridge (nicknamed Budgie), played for fifteen Football League teams, which is a still-existing record.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.