Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thiago Silva: 'Leo will convince Ganso'
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > News Dump
anano1214
As the two San Siro sides battle over Brazilian Ganso, Thiago Silva reveals why he’ll choose Inter. “You can’t say no to Leonardo.”

The local rivals have made no secret of their interest in bringing 21-year-old playmaker Paulo Henrique Ganso to Serie A, especially after he told Santos this week that he wanted a move to Europe.

Someone in the same position was Thiago Silva, who joined the Rossoneri when current Inter boss Leonardo was in charge.

“I owe him a great deal, as Leonardo was very important in my career,” he told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I’ll reveal a little secret: before signing for Milan, I was in negotiations with Inter. Well, Leonardo started calling me on the phone. He talked about the team, Milanello and my future.

“After a few weeks of this, I slammed the door on Inter and signed for Milan. I think he’ll take the same approach with Ganso.

“Unfortunately, it won’t be easy to convince Ganso to turn down Inter with Leonardo there. He always has the right words.”

Thiago Silva also commented on the upcoming Milan derby, which won’t have Zlatan Ibrahimovic, even though his three-match ban was reduced to two on appeal.

“I still think it’s excessive. Ibra’s gesture was ugly, but he didn’t hurt anyone and didn’t deserve such a heavy punishment. It’s a big blow losing him for the derby. I guess I’ll have to score instead!”

Football Italia
X-Offender
Another reason why to hate Leo's guts. sleep.gif
Rossoneri7
I never really went with the consensus that Leonardo is 100% responsible for the Brazilian contingent at Milan. He might give a good presentation about the club and from that aspect convince a player to come, but Milan is more than just Leonardo .. Our reputation in Brazil is held in high regard, as is conveyed time and again by our Brazilians over the years .. The trophy cabinet at via Turati and the prestige behind playing for Milan .. The project Milan has undertaken to build a solid team .. Not withstanding the fact that Braida was the one responsible for bringing Leonardo to Milan in the first place, hence I don't see how a student can overtake his teacher innocent.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.