Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Favorite Clubs - Worldwide
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
Rossoneri7
I remember a while ago, we had this topic in MF whereby you get to state your 2nd favorite club after Milan. Couldn't find it ..

So, all you have to do is state which is your favorite club aside from Milan and why it is so king.gif

--------------------

My favorite club aside from Milan is Napoli ... The reason I like Napoli is because of one Diego Armando Maradona and the magic that he bestowed upon Serie A. Then obviously the current Napoli of today that has been progressing positively since their surge back to Serie A.
Jack Sparrow
Newcastle. Because it's a madhouse. biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw
Strangely, R7, the thread that I think you're talking about had the very same title - Favourite Clubs?

Villa, because they're my local team.
CHU-LIP
2nd favourite club is Ajax, 3rd favourite is Borussia Mönchengladbach.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 20 2011, 02:23 PM) *
Strangely, R7, the thread that I think you're talking about had the very same title - Favourite Clubs?

biggrin.gif

Torquay - Born there, not my local team anymore due to moving but it will always be my birthplace club! Apart from that no others really. I admire a few clubs around the world but to say they are Favourite or I support them or whatever would be too much.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Mar 20 2011, 05:37 PM) *
biggrin.gif

Torquay - Born there, not my local team anymore due to moving but it will always be my birthplace club! Apart from that no others really. I admire a few clubs around the world but to say they are Favourite or I support them or whatever would be too much.

Torquay? biggrin.gif Fawlty Towers king.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Mar 20 2011, 04:35 PM) *
Torquay? biggrin.gif Fawlty Towers king.gif

Yep, that's the one laugh.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 20 2011, 05:23 PM) *

Villa, because they're my local team.

Yep that is it smile.gif

KillerMax
Beşiktaş!
Boban10
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 20 2011, 09:37 AM) *
I remember a while ago, we had this topic in MF whereby you get to state your 2nd favorite club after Milan. Couldn't find it ..

So, all you have to do is state which is your favorite club aside from Milan and why it is so king.gif

--------------------

My favorite club aside from Milan is Napoli ... The reason I like Napoli is because of one Diego Armando Maradona and the magic that he bestowed upon Serie A. Then obviously the current Napoli of today that has been progressing positively since their surge back to Serie A.

The second team i try to follow is Boca Juniors, mainly due to Diego Armando Maradona, but also as their blue and yellow is the same colours as my hometown crest and banner.

And yes it is good to see Napoli back in Serie A and doing well, north south derby rekindled! smile.gif
Bluesummers
Vancouver Whitecaps

madrid
Zed.D
I guess I don't have a second favorite club, cause I become interested and after a while lose interest in them all the time.

Among the clubs I've liked for a certain period of time are Madrid, Liverpool, Napoli and Genoa. the former two I can't like anymore (especially Liverfool), the latter two however I have to admit that I still have a spot spot for. especially Napoli, because I like Naples in general.
X-Offender
It used to be Bayern some time ago, but now I care only about Milan and no-one else.
Danny
I make no apologies for saying my second club is Milan.

I love them, I do, but Rangers are and always will be my #1.
X-Offender
No problem with that. You are Scottish after all, right?
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 23 2011, 05:06 PM) *

Don't remind the poor lad.
Zed.D
laugh.gif I love your Scotland related remarks!
samira
Manchester United and Roma but after all it's just AC Milan I can really cheer on tongue.gif
I grew up watching Manchester United and AC Milan but in Roma, it was Francesco Totti that caught my eyes
but I have always had a sweet tooth for italian football and Alessandro Nesta laugh.gif laugh.gif
Fillipo Simone
Nesta and Roma, quite a combination.

No doubt, Milan. The only club I'll ever support, follow and adore.

There are some clubs I feel for - Marseille, PSG, Ajax and Borussia M'Gladbach.
Zed.D

+1.
vnata001
inter milan.
KillerMax
QUOTE (vnata001 @ Mar 24 2011, 12:56 AM) *
inter milan.

That's like supporting North Korea and USA at the same time.
Jack Bauer
Can't think of one, Milan is my amore eterno wink.gif Used to be Liverpool years ago but I'm cured for a while now.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Mar 24 2011, 06:18 AM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (vnata001 @ Mar 24 2011, 06:56 AM) *
inter milan.

I hope it's a joke.
vnata001

biggrin.gif
I hope it's a joke.

in all honesty, it really just changes based on what players are where at any given time. since that changes so much, as does my interests in other teams. Milan are the only constant.

Other than milan, I've found myself not disliking/perhaps even cheering for: Arsenal (henry and pires, currently a big fan of nasri's work), Marseille (always impressed with their young talent. remy, gignac, ayew. oh yea, let's make taiwo on a free transfer happen), and Villarreal (Rossi and Nilmar = awesome).

But as fillipo aptly put it:
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (vnata001 @ Mar 24 2011, 04:07 PM) *
in all honesty, it really just changes based on what players are where at any given time. since that changes so much, as does my interests in other teams. Milan are the only constant.

The football players (and/or coach) are for me also reasons to like teams, or to dislike teams. I'm pretty sure it's because of the many likeable players Milan had and still have that I picked Milan to root for in Champions League. I was raised in a family where we were fan of Ajax, no super Ajax fans or so, but we preferred Ajax. My father, and his mother, are from Amsterdam, so makes sense. But since I had more sympathy for the Milan players, Milan becamse my number one club, and Ajax came in second. Borussia MG is the club of my mother, I like my mother, we went to some games from Borussia, Borussia is a nice club, awesome fans, and so, so why don't have sympathy for them also?

I may be Dutch, but there are so many Dutch players to dislike, and it started with the coach **** Advocaat, I just couldn't like the Dutch NT. I rather cheer for Germany, my mother's country. Italy I also like, because well, the same players I like in Milan I like in Azzurri, well, mostly a while ago, Azzurri love is not as big as it used to be. Not too long ago I started to like Japan by the way, surprise! biggrin.gif

Apparently Advocaat's first name got censured. His full name should have censured I'd say.
X-Offender
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Mar 24 2011, 05:38 PM) *
I like my mother.

I like my mother too. smile.gif
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 23 2011, 07:06 PM) *
Don't remind the poor lad.

God talks to the Archangel Gabriel and says 'I've made a new land, called Scotland. The scenery is wonderful, the greens are lush and fertile, the cities full of ancient architecture and the people are warm and friendly. The women are also beautiful.'

Archangel replies 'Sounds like you've made it a bit too good boss'.

God responds: 'oh no, you should see who I've given them as neighbours...'

Old gag but was required here biggrin.gif
Danny
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Mar 23 2011, 07:18 PM) *
laugh.gif I love your Scotland related remarks!

He's just jealous. Can't say I blame him.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 23 2011, 05:06 PM) *

Yes indeed. You're Italian, no?
Jack Sparrow
^^^

laugh.gif Hahahahahaa! Him? Italian...in your dreams!!!

EDIT: Whoopsie..it's X-Off. I thought it was KillerMax hence the barb of sarcasm. Nah...X-Off is a resident of Milan..but he's Albanian(?).
Danny
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 25 2011, 12:44 PM) *
^^^

laugh.gif Hahahahahaa! Him? Italian...in your dreams!!!

EDIT: Whoopsie..it's X-Off. I thought it was KillerMax hence the barb of sarcasm. Nah...X-Off is a resident of Milan..but he's Albanian(?).

What an eclectic forum we have here.

And this is your second bad case of mistaken identity Jack. Too much rum old boy.
Jack Sparrow
Gimme a break. It's friday evening! dry.gif
acid911
At least he edited his post out by calling it fair and square. tongue.gif biggrin.gif No misuse of the "mod powers" evident. Too much rum or not, the guy at least has his integrity in place - for a pirate at least, LOL.
Jack Sparrow
That's coz I'm a mod and I fear no one. If you don't like me, I'll just ban your @$$. smoke.gif

tongue.gif
acid911
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 25 2011, 06:06 PM) *
Gimme a break. It's friday evening!

Okay you can have one, seeing as you are practically begging for it, by posting it twice. laugh.gif Seriously, hate unintentional double-posts. And oh, it's Friday, mind you. I kid, I kid.

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 25 2011, 06:08 PM) *
That's coz I'm a mod and I fear no one. If you don't like me, I'll just ban your @$$.

laugh.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif And here I was praising you, you go in and remove the evidence of your double-post. Pirate mods!
Jack Sparrow
I'm so awesome, I shouldn't have to say things twice. Even granting crappy internet connections. biggrin.gif
acid911
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 25 2011, 06:37 PM) *
I'm so awesome, I shouldn't have to say things twice. Even granting crappy internet connections.

Nice reply. tongue.gif king.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Danny @ Mar 25 2011, 12:33 PM) *
He's just jealous. Can't say I blame him.

biggrin.gif
Danny
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 25 2011, 01:08 PM) *
That's coz I'm a mod and I fear no one. If you don't like me, I'll just ban your @$$. smoke.gif

tongue.gif

What the hell, when were you made a mod? Have you always been a mod?!
kurtsimonw
Nah he's a 2nd gen mod. I think Ash is the only original left!
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 25 2011, 02:13 PM) *

Before my time. I only showed up in August 2009 which seems like a long time ago now.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 25 2011, 02:13 PM) *

I think Ricky was as well, though he joined after, he's just busy with his family nowadays.

And obviously Mike, he's just cruising London making his billions on The Social Network 2.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 25 2011, 02:44 PM) *
Nah...X-Off is a resident of Milan..but he's Albanian(?).

Correct.
Kazdoodle
Well you guys can be my 2nd fave but i have A very dark secret. i have two second faves one of which your going to want to tear me apart for. yip worse than Barca or madrid [i dont really like both. GO VALENCIA/SEVILLA]
evuj
Jack Bauer
Why would we hate Valencia or Sevilla?
Kazdoodle
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ May 18 2011, 12:40 AM) *
Why would we hate Valencia or Sevilla?

hehe its not them

i kinda spelt something backwards teehee. but heck i love italian football As a whole
Jack Bauer
Oh, took me a second biggrin.gif

Well, Juve is relatively o.k compared to Inter, especially these days when they are still not completely back on top.
Though, I don't get how someone can root for two top club from the same country. But since Chelsea is your first and main favorite club, I guess the others matter less.

For me, there are no 2nd or 3d favorite teams. If it's not Milan, then I don't really care.
il_diavolo_mtl
Milan
Marseille
Lille
Genoa
Cagliari
Chievo
Pescara
Maribor
Sunderland ("I look forward to your letters")
and recently, Palermo for making me a prouder Italo-Slovenian
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.