Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dídac Vilà
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Players > Past Players
Zed.D
I couldn't find a thread for him to pose this question so I opened one: whatever happened to this kid?! huh.gif
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Mar 16 2011, 12:33 PM) *
I couldn't find a thread for him to pose this question so I opened one: whatever happened to this kid?! huh.gif

he's a hot prospect not a starter i think he has been doing well for the primavera, not sure.
Jack Bauer
I heard he has been good this season in La liga, playing all games from start to finish and his team (Espanyol) is doing very well (4th place so far). Do you think we have got something here or another mediocre LB?
il_diavolo_mtl
The agent of Didac Vila has revealed that the left-back is desperate to return to San Siro this summer and prove himself at AC Milan.

The Rossoneri acquired the 22-year-old Catalan from Espanyol in January 2011 but he made just one appearance in Serie A before being returned to the Liga outfit in June on a season-long loan.

According to the player's representative, Vila is looking forward to linking back up with Milan as the full-back now feels he's ready to make a big impact at the Giuseppe Meazza.

"Didac would like to return to being a Milan player," agent Raul Jimenez Verdu told Milannews.it. "However, he is aware how difficult it is to carve out a space for himself in such a big team.

"But we are looking forward to meeting with Milan to assess the boy's future.

"Didac is coming off an excellent season in which he was the outfield player who played the most minutes throughout the entire Spanish Liga. He missed only one game and scored three goals."

The agent then explained that there is no chance of the youngster returning to Espanyol but hinted that there are other clubs interested in his client, throwing up the possibility of Vila being loaned out for another year.

"Well, we are talking about a player who has put himself on display in the Spanish championship, has played almost all the time, is just 22 years old and has distinguished himself in the Spanish Under-21 side," he pointed out.

"I do not exclude anything; the possibilities are many. But were are not in a hurry and we will assess the situation with great serenity."

Vila is expected to be included in Spain's squad for this summer's Olympics in London.

Goal
Zed.D
Spanish players doesn't work for us. just like Man U and Brazilians. I don't know... but it's rather impressive that he's played more minutes than any full back (is that what "outfield" is supposed to mean?) in La Liga.

EDIT: There might be a few but I don't remember any Spanish signings over the past 10 years. I meant to say we don't go for them.
TheOgre
I would love to see him back to finally get his chance for us, he was a stud for U21 Spain, and had a great season with espanyol. He has all the potential to be our starting left back this coming season. Tassotti could do something special with this kid if he can acclimate to the Italian game.
kurtsimonw
He can't be much worse than the left backs we had last season, give him a chance.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 30 2012, 07:00 PM) *
EDIT: There might be a few but I don't remember any Spanish signings over the past 10 years. I meant to say we don't go for them.

We signed Jose Mari and Javi Moreno, but that was back in 2000. Both of them had crappy spells with us. I can't recall anyone else since then.
KillerMax
Milan make left-back choice
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 30 2012, 08:51 PM) *
We signed Jose Mari and Javi Moreno, but that was back in 2000. Both of them had crappy spells with us. I can't recall anyone else since then.

Plenty of players came from the Primera, none of them however a Spaniard other then the two mentioned.

I'd still give De Sciglio advantage.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 25 2012, 08:17 AM) *
Plenty of players came from the Primera, none of them however a Spaniard other then the two mentioned.

I'd still give De Sciglio advantage.

Don't they play on opposite sides though?
CHU-LIP
Assuming no quality full-back will be signed by Milan, I hope Didac Vilà and De Sciglio will be the ones to challenge Antonini and Abate. Mesbah obviously has to go, and also Taiwo I figure.

Here is hope both Didac Vilà and De Sciglio will take over the places of Antonini and Abate someday, meaning we will become stronger at these positions. I see promise in them, though I've seen little.

With Antonini and Abate we know what we got. Nothing special, not really good either, but usually they do the minimum of what's required. Also they have been our starters for a while anyway.

Please let the youngsters grow, and given a fair chance, because we obviously need improvement.
X-Offender
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jun 25 2012, 08:39 PM) *
Assuming no quality full-back will be signed by Milan, I hope Didac Vilà and De Sciglio will be the ones to challenge Antonini and Abate. Mesbah obviously has to go, and also Taiwo I figure.

Here is hope both Didac Vilà and De Sciglio will take over the places of Antonini and Abate someday, meaning we will become stronger at these positions. I see promise in them, though I've seen little.

With Antonini and Abate we know what we got. Nothing special, not really good either, but usually they do the minimum of what's required. Also they have been our starters for a while anyway.

Please let the youngsters grow, and given a fair chance, because we obviously need improvement.

Abate is obviously one step ahead of Antonini. He's earned the azzurri starting spot, and he's also much younger. The left side is our main problem. Antonini is almost 30, with no possibility of improvement. He should be a sub and nothing more. Didac Vilà is not an answer to our problems. I'd rather play Emanuelson there instead.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 25 2012, 11:54 PM) *
Abate is obviously one step ahead of Antonini. He's earned the azzurri starting spot, and he's also much younger. The left side is our main problem. Antonini is almost 30, with no possibility of improvement. He should be a sub and nothing more. Didac Vilà is not an answer to our problems. I'd rather play Emanuelson there instead.

Just like Didac Vilà (and De Sciglio), Emanuelson should be given that chance as well. I like the idea that all of Didac Vilà, De Sciglio and Emanuelson are players who can do better than our current full-backs, or not.

So why say only yes to Emanuelson, and no to Didac Vilà, if we can say yes to both? Only more chance one succeeds. With Abate, Antonini, De Sciglio, Didac Vilà and Emanuelson we would have five full-backs fighting it out. If five seem too much, then remember Emanuelson can play in midfield; and if five is too little, then Bonera is sixth choice.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jun 26 2012, 12:12 AM) *
Just like Didac Vilà (and De Sciglio), Emanuelson should be given that chance as well. I like the idea that all of Didac Vilà, De Sciglio and Emanuelson are players who can do better than our current full-backs, or not.

So why say only yes to Emanuelson, and no to Didac Vilà, if we can say yes to both? Only more chance one succeeds. With Abate, Antonini, De Sciglio, Didac Vilà and Emanuelson we would have five full-backs fighting it out. If five seem too much, then remember Emanuelson can play in midfield; and if five is too little, then Bonera is sixth choice.

We also have Oddo tongue.gif

But honestly, wasn't it you who advocated Emanuelson never should be played as a fullback because of a certain lack of defensive quality?

I don't think quantity is the answer. Why do we need to say yes or no? If Didac isn't on level (even Antonini level), then let's say no! We have Taiwo and Mesbah to represent the C level. I don't mind age, I don't care if they are young or superold, I only care if they are on level or not and if they have room to improve. I'm convinced De Sciglio has, but Abate should be our starter nevertheless. His form is still rising and he's improving. We shouldn't discard his efforts.
han2503
Urby should be given a decent chance there, at least he'd provide decent support in the attacking department, as for the defensive aspect, he can always learn. Look where Abate was just a few years ago...
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 26 2012, 01:53 AM) *
We also have Oddo tongue.gif

But honestly, wasn't it you who advocated Emanuelson never should be played as a fullback because of a certain lack of defensive quality?

Yes, that was me. Though it was for good reasons, I can't ignore the obvious delevopment Emanuelson had as a player during his Milan days, and that we still lack a left-back that can be considered good without hestitation + the little hope us getting a better left-back than we have now, we need to create our own luck from the inside.

I still don't expect Emanuelson being a good left-back, but there's more hope now (the development that will help him also trying to succeed as left-back), and Didac Vilà is also a question mark how that's gonna be. Only with Antonini we know what we have as our left-back. I hope that either Didac Vilà or Emanuelson makes the necessary development and adjustment to become a better left-back than Antonini. Simply because you can never know how they will grow, you can't always be right that he will become better than that guy. So I like having both given the chance: it doubles our chances. Also, Emanuelson can be used in midfield easily (I like him as side-central midfielder), so I don't see an issue in having that extra guy, since one can be considered a midfielder as well.

I don't think quantity is the answer. Why do we need to say yes or no? If Didac isn't on level (even Antonini level), then let's say no! We have Taiwo and Mesbah to represent the C level. I don't mind age, I don't care if they are young or superold, I only care if they are on level or not and if they have room to improve. I'm convinced De Sciglio has, but Abate should be our starter nevertheless. His form is still rising and he's improving. We shouldn't discard his efforts.

The thing with Didac Vilà is that he is young, so he can improve a lot in a short time. It easily can happen Emanuelson will fail as our left-back; it wouldn't be something new for him to do so. I don't want another season with only one 'okay' left-back covered by 'oh dear' left-backs. With Antonini, Didac Vilà, Abate and De Sciglio we'd have four or five full-backs, and that's normal (and our fifth is a midfielder). Nice depth without waste of space.
X-Offender
Rumor has it that both Valencia and Benfica are interested in signing Didac, so he must be good. Maybe we should keep him and give him a proper chance.
Jack Sparrow
But a LB in Spain seems to have a lot less defensive responsibilties compared to here..but let's see.
Jack Bauer
Vila will be out 2 months with pubalgia.
Jack Sparrow
Ugh...I hate that word. Why not call it hernia??

Pubalgia sounds like a dodgy disease you get from sleeping around too much.
Jack Bauer
You would know 96.gif
KillerMax
What's the deal with this guy? Are we gonna keep him for no good reason?
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Jan 26 2013, 10:25 AM) *
What's the deal with this guy? Are we gonna keep him for no good reason?

We tried to get rid of him last summer but he got injured. Probably gonna try again soon.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 21 2012, 05:54 PM) *
Ugh...I hate that word. Why not call it hernia??

Pubalgia sounds like a dodgy disease you get from sleeping around too much.

hernia doesn't sound any better to me, worse actually

Hey, I am 21, and got hernia! (or whatever his age is)
dst
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Jan 26 2013, 04:29 PM) *
We tried to get rid of him last summer but he got injured. Probably gonna try again soon.

You mean he's gonna try to get injured again?
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (dst @ Jan 27 2013, 06:48 AM) *
You mean he's gonna try to get injured again?

biggrin.gif Milan gonna try again soon to sell him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.